Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bamagrl68
Msg: 29
He wants me to meet his parents - they're nudistsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Cecilly- Take the nudity out of the equation and see the situation for what it is.......
Month two in the relationship and how his parents feel is ALREADY more important than how you feel?!
There should be NO month three.
Move on to someone who considers YOUR feelings first.
 daffie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
He wants me to meet his parents - they're nudists
Posted: 9/3/2012 12:42:48 AM
if you do go "meet the parents"?

i just hope you won't be dining at a glass-top table!...lol
 aussieblues
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 2:51:53 AM
Have you heard the saying "check out the parents to gauge how your partner may age?" Giggles...
Your feelings should matter, I firmly agree. If this person will not compromise now, it bodes for a similar future...
Lets hope his Dad isn't so firm when you meet......more giggles......
That he doesn't want to offend his folks suggests to me he's worried about the family jewels..more giggles..
Sorry but this topic is kinda hilarious......
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/3/2012 3:21:16 AM
Your Guy to his parents, "Mom and Dad this is my casual girlfriend"...

Your Guy to you, "Cecilly these are my naked parents"

Just make sure you shake the right hand, and stick your bum out if you get a hug...
 windchymes
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 9:35:47 AM
I don't have a problem with nudists per se, but I feel that they should be more considerate of others, especially guests in their home. At the very least, "ease" her into the whole thing. And I agree, he's afraid of offending his parents, but doesn't care that YOU are uncomfortable. That speaks some decibels.

Another thing that popped into my mind is, suppose you end up marrying the guy and have kids. Are they going to jiggle and dangle around the house in front of their grandkids, too? Do they ever draw a line of inappropriateness or do they just feel the need to flaunt themselves to the world to show what renegades they are, lol?

If you do go on the trip, I would do some priceline negotiating and try to find a reasonably-priced hotel to stay in by yourself, and meet the parents publicly. If it comes up in conversation, just smile and say something like, "I am glad I got to meet you and I think you are lovely people, but I really don't know you and would rather not see you naked at this point. It's nothing personal....maybe someday I'll join you! But just not yet. I hope you can respect my own preferences."

Maybe that will smooth things over, and maybe they'll even offer to cover up a little for your visit?
 sweetest
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 9:43:53 AM
I can almost (almost!) see this situation as a sitcom...the reference to the upper and lower body parts when the actors are on set... 'fuzzed out' areas. The Plot: the very conundrum you find yourself in. If nothing else, it would save on wardrobe and the notion of 'product placement' would definitely be a 'huge' consideration. The shoe-in for the role of The Parents: George Costanza's - Jerry Stiller and Estelle Harris...imagine the push-back from those two if you dare to object, or worse, if the bf or 'George' in this case tried to plead your case...hysterical :)

Here's the thing. The bf here doesn't have to give you full allegiance yet...you're still casual. You're both just sussing each other out, so therefore if something doesn't work; it doesn't work....so be it. In this case, it seems that it's going to take heaven and earth (in the form of two suits of clothes...) to make this work for you.

It bears some consideration though that he's not willing to stand up to his parents and represent an important request that even if you weren't in the picture will likely be coming up again and again. Something has got to give on this front. And it's going to take his voice to make that happen, or likely they won't be able to witness some sort of partnering for him.

Of course the easy answer is for him to find someone for himself inside of that community. Even though that's an option, at some point another thing is going to come up and he's going to have to be right on that line - stepping up for something important to him.
 TRESemme1
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/4/2012 9:15:50 AM
Damn! Good thing your friend doesn't get bothered seeing his own goddamned parents naked like a newborn baby. Seeing that I am curious I would do it. But if he is up to something nasty, I can always go to a hotel.
 AndrewEsq
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2012 3:58:34 PM
I know this is a serious question, but I can't help it...

OP, you should pitch this movie idea to Hollywood. Not sure why they didn't pursue this plot device in a movie such as Meet the Fockers.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >