Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Viperess
Msg: 61
Look different in person than photosPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
The way I see it is only DOGS like BONES, real MEN like MEAT !!! Give it up for the THICK girls !!! Oh, and I look EXACTLY like my photographs. ~Smirks~
 Drawesome32
Msg: 63
Look different in person than photos
Posted: 11/4/2012 5:32:37 PM
viperess: the saying only dogs like bones is beyond stupid. sure, some men may like a meatier, or curvy gal, but there is a good reason most models are thin and fit. men who are attracted to thinner women arent any less of a man. sigh.

OP: i agree with abelian on this one. most women doctor up their pics on this site so much that when you do meet her in real life, you have no idea what shes really going to look like. with the galmour shots, up in the air cleavage shots, 4 year old pics, and obvious photoshopped pics, its a breath of fresh air to meet a girl who looks better in person.

change your body type on here. im sorry, but youre not average. all my single friends on here will quickly point out a bigger girl who says theyre average or athletic. its a misrepresentation. if a girl will lie about her body type on here, what else is a lie on their profile?

id say to take a pic with you all dressed up and add that to your line up. that way people can see that side of you as well.

one last thing, how important are looks to you? do you really want to put up only great pics just to have some guy to judge you based on those alone? again, i agree with abelian when he said that you should attract people with substance, not looks. that way, its YOU they like, not your cleavage.

best of luck to you!
 Viperess
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/4/2012 8:35:13 PM
Mr. "Wrong" it's no WONDER why you have that TAG and I'm sure it's HIGHLY appropriate. I have deduced that MALES such as yourself like NOTHING more than hearing yourselves BLITHER on about INHERENT NONSENSE. You are the POSTER CHILD for the term "You can't fix STUPID". Having no photograph speaks VOLUMES also, as I'm SURE you look like a complete A$$ CLOWN. Do the world a favor and STOP BREATHING. ~Shakes head and LAUGHS~
 daysleeper5
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2012 12:14:04 AM
Only one woman that I ever met from a dating site looked exactly like she did in her photos. It was almost eery the resemblance to her picture. lol

The biggest shocker to me when I meet women are the short ones. You never realize just how short 5' - 5'1 is until you see them in person. Their features look so different in their pictures because they tend to be closeups or from an angle that makes them look taller. So, if a woman puts >5' on her profile, be prepared that she will be tiny if you're at least average height, no matter how she appears in her pics.

The thing about pictures is that it's you, but it's not really you. It's a moment in time taken from a certain perspective, but it never gets your whole three-dimensionality that can only be seen and appreciated (or not) in person.
 reff1959
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2012 3:16:40 PM
well most people only look on the outside when the real beauty is on the inside , so as far as i see it you should not worrier and keep on trying if you would like to chat feel free to rite me
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/6/2012 3:34:26 PM

well most people only look on the outside when the real beauty is on the inside , so as far as i see it you should not worrier and keep on trying if you would like to chat feel free to rite me

True!

Forget inner beauty- our first impressions of others are still based on appearance
Bad news for ugly ducklings and the less fashion savvy- it seems appearance is as important to us as they ever were, according to an online survey.

Three fifths of people form their opinion of someone within just five seconds of meeting them and more than a third said appearance was everything when forming first impression.

A quarter of (rather judgmental) respondents admitted that they always evaluate someone by their appearance alone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2223110/Forget-inner-beauty-impressions-based-appearance.html
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >