Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 graytemplesandeyes
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Clint Eastwood and the RNC speechPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I didn't know that common sense was in short supply on this forum.

Such typical liberal gibberish seems to be the strong majority.

I don't love Romney. He's not conservative enough for me. But if Obama gets four more years, the country won't survive for my children to reach their 40's. The debt will be catastrophic.

I thought Clint looked a little tired. Having heard that he was winging it makes a certain amount of sense. Contrary to the popular view, he isn't the only guy in Hollywood who isn't ridiculously to the left.

But he did nail it, except for whoever it was who interrupted the end timing of his final punch line.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 64
Clint Eastwood and the RNC speech
Posted: 9/14/2012 2:52:25 PM
Noboby has dared to poke fun of Obama, so it came as a shock to you.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/14/2012 5:31:28 PM
Oy, I can see that you put a lot of work into this, but I can only give
you a passing grade. You lost points by not working in the high school
gay incident and the evils of big business.
A Mel Brooks you're not, but we love you anyway.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/15/2012 8:40:06 PM
vnufall- I didn't watch the RNC for the same reason I won't watch the DNC- They don't invite people to speak unless they know the person speaking is a member of their party and will say what they want to hear.
Preaching to the choir, YAWN! I have better things to do.
 _babblefish
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/21/2012 3:30:54 PM

Courtesy KVUE Austin

AUSTIN -- A metal folding chair with an American flag, tied with a rope and hanging from a tree in a Northwest Austin neighborhood has ignited a 24-hour controversy which has spread city-wide.

While the cameras were rolling, Johnson removed the rope and placed the chair on the ground in the middle of his lawn.

Johnson said he didn't want to be interviewed. However he did answer a question about why he decided to remove the display.

"Because it's a misconception," Johnson said. "It has nothing to do with racism. Nothing."

of course
 vlad dracul
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 8:31:40 AM
i had a wee read at this story
AUSTIN -- A metal folding chair with an American flag, tied with a rope and hanging from a tree in a Northwest Austin neighborhood has ignited a 24-hour controversy which has spread city-wide.

and i read this

But Austin NAACP leader Nelson Linder disagrees, telling KVUE:

"When you put up a chair in your lawn with a rope around it, you're sending a very powerful message," said Linder.
(no peanuts though)

fvck me but i burst out laughing. what a twat that linder div is. wonder what would happen if the geezer put
a japanese made futon on his lawn with a rope around it? wonder if the japanese would find a 'very powerful message'?

or here what if it was a bottle of 25 year old malt whisky? ye gods us scots would be going mental at that. what a powerful message that would send to us. fair upset we would get. we wouldnt be able to eat our deep fried mars bars

ive got an old fridge freezer and a table lying out in my garden, any chance some of you precious, easily offended ones on here could tell me what flag i could put on them so i can see who im upsetting? (im just away to put some string around it as i dont have any rope)

and anyway is this linder geezer getting aerated about the whole of obama or just his black half? as they say not everything is black and white. well apart from obama who is

please please please can you find more stories like this from over the pond as i piss myself laughing at the outrage expressed by the handwringing windbags on here

keep it up folks
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 8:46:45 AM
You don't have the background required to understand it, Vlad, just as we over here don't have the background required to understand what upsets you so much, that is unique to your locale.

The guy with the chair may indeed just be a basic idiot, trying to express his anti-Obama feelings in a sarcastic way, by putting an empty chair with a flag and a sign on it in his yard. He might also be a racist in denial (there are lots of those in every group, black, white, and whatever), because it never occurred to him that HANGING OBAMA IN EFFIGY (by hanging the Eastwood-inspired symbol for Obama in effigy) was an extraordinarily stupid thing for him to do.

The one thing that is certain, is that he is an unthinking, angry, self-deluded, ignorant fool. Why did he go to the trouble of HANGING the chair? The fact that he isn't aware that he is a hate-filled person who thinks that lynching people he dislikes is a rational act, doesn't mean that he isn't one.

And you can't comprehend it, because you aren't an American, with a long personal history of racial problems that included mass lynchings within the memory of living Americans of all backgrounds.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:11:46 AM
oh dear im incredibly ignorant of american history eh? truly disgusting lol

and what makes you think i know nothing of american history then? i know your history
and founding fathers owe a lot to the scots.
i know about the scots who fought at the alamo
i know about the scots who fought in the civil war

but i just KNOW that someone like yourself knows absolutely nothing about what is written below. your version of history is lax. you think we are unaware about the lynchings that took place? i will bet you a £1 to a penny i could wipe the floor with you over anything historical.
do you think we in the uk do not hear about the atrocities commited against white folk by blacks?
Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in America's Deep South?
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220695/Is-political-correctness-blame-lack-coverage-horrific-black-white-killings-Americas-Deep-South-Tennessee-Channon-Christian-Christopher-Newsom-carjack.html#ixzz27DNl4uTF
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

did YOU know indentured whites lived side by side with black slaves?
In fact, African slaves may have been present in England's North American colonies earlier than 1619, but Rolfe's letter is the earliest hard evidence of the presence of slaves. The British were reluctant to institute slavery in their new American colonies. They largely relied on indentured servants in the 17th century.

During this period, slaves of African descent and white indentured servants often worked, socialized and even ran away from their masters together
http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/The-Start-Of-Slavery-In-North-America.htm

yes im laughing at it. i laugh a lot at liberal windbags who see only what they want to see. i couldnt give a toss about the song strange fruit.

your president IS NOT BLACK no matter how much you would like him to be. he is MIXED RACE. so why do you easily offended handwringers not accept that?

as for very very racist indeed lol lets see you have a tirade about the nation of islam, the black panthers. or is THEIR racism somehow 'DIFFERENT'?

and as for being ignorant of american history and culture can you please enlighten me on scottish, uk, european history and culture?

oh and by the way what the geezer done is still funny

if it pisses of windbag liberals then thats good enough for me

toodle pip y'all

vvvvvvv

what? you mean shut up because you do not like what i say? lol as its a public forum i shall write what i like and comment how i see things.
keep your statist stasi ideas.

and it was still funny

oh and pps

in america a mixed race person MAY be called black. im not in america. in the uk mixed race folk are just what it says on the tin

mixed race

get over it

lol ah its the brit hater under a new name lol
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/22/2012 10:06:44 AM

And based on many other of your posts about various other issues in American culture and politics, it is VERY clear you do not familiar with and do not understand American culture.

perhaps I too, am "not allowed" to make any commentary on the US, being a nonresident thereof?

but poor gullible me, I though that the"First Amendment" (right of free speech) was PARAMOUNT in the US culture, cherished beyond almost any other tradition..?

even the right to say unpopular things, things that might be considered 'hateful' or 'jerkish', even the right to be a total "a-hole" in the opinion(s) of most, or the majority?

because once you give certain people the right to "ban" elements of free speech for being unpopular, non -PC, or 'hateful', you are on a slippery slope, indeed..

even a Frenchman once said (or words to this effect): " I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to the death your right to say it"..

was I wrong and deluded about the cherished role of the First Amendment to the US Constitution????

or is the UNSPOKEN/unwritten sub-paragraph: "only free speech about things that are in accord with the most PC wing of the Democratic party" ?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 12:15:21 PM
No one said Vlad couldn't say what he thought. We said he was wrong, because he obviously can't comprehend what it means to have the past that we do. That he knows some facts about the past, isn't the point. That he genuinely believes, as he has said, that people who get upset by pseudo-lynchings are full of themselves, shows clearly that he doesn't understand the meaning of the facts he has cataloged.

And that you would be so silly as to suggest that we were discarding the First Amendment, by using it ourselves to SAY that Vlad is wrong, shows that you aren't thinking things through very well either.

Don't feel bad, lots of Americans are so unthinking, that they too say dumb things like "I believe in freedom of speech, but I don't think anyone should be allowed to say THAT!" every single day.

It never ceases to amuse and amaze me at the same time, that so many people genuinely seem to think that "freedom of speech" means "no one can tell me I'm full of it after I say what I think." That's an act of silliness that isn't tied to any political or philosophical attitude. The left, the right, and the centrists, and the don't take a sideists all succumb to it all too often.
 OutofControlMan
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/22/2012 12:23:36 PM
^^

good point Igor, but wouldn't freedom of speech ALSO apply to the guy's right to hang a chair in his yard?

freedom of "speech" or, also freedom of "expression" ?

also, wouldn't the same principle apply to Clint Eastwood's right of expression, to do whatever he did with the chair, regardless of whether or not all "approve " of it, like it, or dislike it?

Eastwood was the topic of the OP..

if we are only "allowed" to say or express things that we are certain will never offend
"anyone", public discourse will become dull, banal and boring indeed.

perhaps some coudl criticize EAStwood as not being senstiive to the issues, or reall y"understanding" them

believe it or not, having been born in, or being a citizen or resident of the USA does not necessarily give one a unique understanding & perspective on the problems of race relations, to any greater degree than people from other lands..., many Americans are wilfully ignorant of such problems, and others MAY have an understanding better than many/most Americans do
 vlad dracul
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 2:55:48 PM
well with me being ignorant and all about the 'implications' of hanging a chair and seeing
a hysterical hate filled post about myself lol i had a wee gander.

did the humourless puritans go up in arms when this happened? after all christians burn
in hell if naughty do they not?
George W Bush burns in effigy (Washington DC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINhfkQAz1g

hanging in effigy was a common form of protest apparently. wonder if the humourless puritans of the
day got THEIR knickers in a twist?
''There's a long history of threatening presidential representations. Hanging in effigy was a common form of political protest in the 18th and 19th centuries. Presidents Washington, Adams, and Jefferson were all hanged in effigy; and before the civil war, "Hang Abe Lincoln on a Sour Apple Tree" was a commonly sung parody of "John Brown's Body." (There was a similar song about Lincoln's southern counterpart, Jefferson Davis.) George W. Bush was routinely hanged and burned in effigy in the United States, including during the famous "Pants on Fire Tour" led by Ben and Jerry's co-founder Ben Cohen, who hit the road with a 12-foot tall effigy of Bush.''
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2010/08/in_the_line_of_ire.html

i tried to find any comments from the humourless ones about this. couldnt find any though so i can only assume that hanging a woman meets with approval if its sarah palin? its not like sarah palin is a chair or anything is it?

A West Hollywood Halloween display showing a likeness of Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin hanging by a noose has caused a furor among some residents who reported it as a hate crime, authorities said Monday.
But Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said the mannequin sporting a beehive hairdo, glasses and a red coat does not rise to the level of a hate crime because it was part of a Halloween display.
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/28/local/me-palineffigy28
in fact here is a photie of said hanging
http://blogs.travelweekly.co.uk/blogs/celebsonholiday/2008/10/sarah-palin-hollywood-hallowee.html

BLACK SLAVES IN SCOTLAND
The words of Lord Auchinleck, Judge of the Court of Session in 1788. Auchinleck was James Boswell's father and his vote was one of the majority who decided that Sir John Wedderburn of Ballindean could not force his slave Joseph Knight whom he had brought from Jamaica to remain in his service.
http://www.scotlandandslavery.org.uk/past_iain.html

do you think we know fvck all in scotland? the nation that gave the world the enlightenment. you think in your liberal humourless arrogance that im stupid because i come from scotland?
The Scottish Enlightenment (Scots: Scottis Enlightenment) was the period in 18th century Scotland characterised by an outpouring of intellectual and scientific accomplishments. By 1750, Scots were among the most literate citizens of Europe, with an estimated 75% level of literacy.
Arguably the poorest[3] country in Western Europe in 1707, Scotland was then able to turn its attentions to the wider world without opposition from England.
With the intellectual benefits of having established Europe's first public education system since classical antiquity Scottish thinkers began questioning assumptions previously taken for granted; and with Scotland's traditional connections to France, then in the throes of the Enlightenment, the Scots began developing a uniquely practical branch of humanism to the extent that Voltaire said, "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilization."[4][5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Enlightenment
*wasnt it the quote from voltaire that bladder used on his post?)

i bet the humourless puritan stasi acolytes on here watched the film tropic thunder in the middle of the night with the lights out because robert downie junior hammed it up as a black geezer eh? imagine if they had hung a chair in that film??????????????/

yes i know black folks were hung in america. and not just in the south. it happened. nothing can change that. but so far we have a geezer hanging a chair from a tree. maybe he hates folding chairs? maybe he was commenting on a hung presidency? maybe he was meaning obamas black half?

YOU DO NOT KNOW. all that you are doing is seeing what YOU want to see

as for me? i still found it funny

but as EVERYTHING in america seems to end up racial is it not time to let the folk in the different races who want to live amongst their own folks Just go their own way? because what you lot have now is not working is it?

NO NORMAL FOLK WERE HURT IN THE POSTING OF THIS LINK

BEWARE THE FOLLOWING LINK SHOWS, ON THE THIRD PHOTIE DOWN IMAGES OF HANGING CHAIRS THE CONNOTATIONS OF THIS ARE OBVIOUS TO ALL. I ACCEPT THIS COULD LEAD TO ME BEING CALLED IGNORANT AND STUPID AS I LAUGHED WHEN I SEEN IT AND THOUGHT OF *********** name witheld in case im whisked of to the gulag in cyberia for laughing AROSE LIKE THE PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES.

http://www.justsofestival.org.uk/2012-blog-round-up/
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/22/2012 3:36:57 PM
Black + White = Black?
I never knew that.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 4:10:53 PM
oy

you will notice though that the poster who got their knickers in
a twist knows absolutely NOTHING about the story apart from
what was reported.

who says it was racial? that poster has been judge, jury and executioer
with this auld geezer.

i wonder if any of the black gang dafties who jump to conclusions the
same as that poster did will go and harm the auld boy?

would that same poster condemn an attack? i doubt it.

does that poster know it was not a political statement?`does that poster
approve of the george bush effigy burning? do they think the hanging effigy
of sarah palin is acceptable? how many of the windbaggers laughed at the sarah palin
thing?

and aye i found that amusing as well

you know my views on liberal stasi windbags mate. i could have a pint with most as long
as they never tried to talk to me like im a thick arsehole

but others i would dress as baby seals and leave to get clubbed to death on the faro islands
as for tha karl rove geezer i know him not. but if he has a democrat equivelant then i would
probably find both amusing.

my hatred of politicians is just below my hatred of liberal stasi working folk haters

anyway if the geezer who hung the chair was only making a political statement does that
mean the windbagger is guilty of posting a hate post?
 flyguy51
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:44:08 PM

Black + White = Black?
I never knew that.

Well then, I suggest you research the phrase "one drop rule."

These days, though, people just go by general appearance as opposed to fractions of ancestry. Therefor, Halle Barry = black, for example, as does the current president.
 sweetest
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:10:07 PM

believe it or not, having been born in, or being a citizen or resident of the USA does not necessarily give one a unique understanding & perspective on the problems of race relations, to any greater degree than people from other lands..., many Americans are wilfully ignorant of such problems, and others MAY have an understanding better than many/most Americans do

^^^I agree to a point. And while it's clear that some people live under rocks, or in bubbles of their own making or simply lack the curiosity to educate themselves, the US is generally-speaking, sensitized more than most to cues that spark racial flares. Add to that the kind of grainy reality of so many people of ethnic minorities in the US who come up against racism and discrimination of one kind or another fairly regularly. People living elsewhere don't necessarily internalize this kind of thing the same way imo.

Well then, I suggest you research the phrase "one drop rule."

These days, though, people just go by general appearance as opposed to fractions of ancestry. Therefor, Halle Barry = black, for example, as does the current president.

^^^Exactly.

To be considered black in the United States not even half of one's ancestry must be African black.

Not only does the one-drop rule apply to no other group than American blacks, but apparently the rule is unique in that it is found only in the United States and not in any other nation in the world. In fact, definitions of who is black vary quite sharply from country to country, and for this reason people in other countries often express consternation about our definition. Frontline, PBS

Mixed-race blacks have an ethical obligation to identify as black — and interracial couples share a similar moral imperative to inculcate certain ideas of black heritage and racial identity in their mixed-race children, regardless of how they look.

The reason is simple. Despite the tremendous societal progress these recent changes in attitude reveal in a country that enslaved its black inhabitants until 1865, and kept them formally segregated and denied them basic civil rights until 1964, we do not yet live in an America that fully embodies its founding ideals of social and political justice.

As the example of President Obama demonstrates par excellence, the black community can and does benefit directly from the contributions and continued allegiance of its mixed-race members, and it benefits in ways that far outweigh the private joys of freer self-expression.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/opinion/sunday/as-black-as-we-wish-to-be.html?pagewanted=2&ref=opinionhttp://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/opinion/sunday/as-black-as-we-wish-to-be.html?pagewanted=2&ref=opinion

^^^I agree with this.

On topic..."
Even Eastwood says he sounded senile. And he calls the Republicans dumb and not the party he actually supports."

Yup, I saw him comment similarly. It's clear that while he has some strong viewpoints with respect to the current administration, he's a wild card who is not remotely like your typical dyed-in-the-wool Republican. For now there is some value with the image of him 'going rogue' on stage...but should they continue to want to capitalize on it while the chair motif has some currency...it's definitely something that I see backfiring easily with the GOP as he's not all that allegiant, nor apt to be particularly 'on message'.

edited
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 5:16:29 AM
outofcontrol:

good point Igor, but wouldn't freedom of speech ALSO apply to the guy's right to hang a chair in his yard?

freedom of "speech" or, also freedom of "expression" ?

You are following on your original misunderstanding of Freedom of Speech, by repeating and compounding your error with more false implied information:

The guy with the chair hung from the tree, was NOT required by law to take it down. His right to show that he was an insensitive, boorish, thoughtless person was not limited or impinged upon in any way.

So yes, absolutely, freedom of speech, does yet again, apply to his antics. And yet again, it also applies to the rest of us being able to express that we think he did something very wrong.

There are, of course, real limits to Freedom of speech, as there must need be to any such right. That is, in this case, the fellow might well have been told by the Secret Service, that hanging a President in effigy was tantamount to a death threat against him, which IS prohibited, and carefully as possible enforced. It appears to me, though, from the videos I've seen of him taking the thing down, that he did so because he discovered that instead of his friends and neighbors rushing to tell him how clever he was, that he garnered himself a lot of national and possibly international negative attention. He didn't want any more of it, so he took the chair down.

Freedom of Speech is probably the MOST misunderstood of all of our rights, and is certainly the one most commonly MIS- STATED by people who want to try to use cleverness to get around what it actually means.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 6:47:20 AM
igor

good afternoon.

now i agree with what you say. the geezer thought he was being funny (which i think he was) but his
neighbours did not. so a complaint was made and the chair was taken down.

but the sarah palin thing i put a link up for? the neighbours complained against an effigy
of sarah palin being hung. yet the courts thought it was ok?

why?

why is an effigy of sarah palin ok to hang but a chair is not?

you also wrote

''There are, of course, real limits to Freedom of speech, as there must need be to any such right. That is, in this case, the fellow might well have been told by the Secret Service, that hanging a President in effigy was tantamount to a death threat against him, which IS prohibited, and carefully as possible enforced''

yet the link i put up about burning the george bush effigy seemed to attract no attention at all?

why?

now i will hold my hands up and admit i do not understand why you have to keep apologising and going
on bended knee about things that happened ages ago. personally and being a white man i give not a flying
donald duck about empires, slave trades, holocausts or anything else that happened in the past.

i was not there. i was not born, i cannot change what happened, but it happened, get over it.

as for your bits at the end of your post about freedom of speech? when ALL races and religions are damned
for what they say and do then i will accept what you say is correct.

but hey all the guilt is laid at the white folks door. you may go on bended knee and ask for forgiveness. i certainly shall not.

make it a level playing field and start getting upset about anti white racism and i shall start listening.

until then?

what the geezer done is still funny and no ammount of hate filled liberal puritanism will make me think any different

huv a barry day folks an dinnae git too blootered on the wreck the hoose juice
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 7:23:39 AM
The last bit you are still missing, Vlad, is that the authorities did NOT stop those folks from expressing themselves as they did. The courts did not stop Palin from being thus vented against, and they did not stop this fellow either. You have seen consistency from the authorities, and because of your own view of things, you have seen that consistency as being the opposite of what it was.

As for Bush being burned in effigy, I never heard about it either. But if it did happen (lots of anti advocates in the world make things like that up, specifically to excuse themselves from respecting others rights), and both the press and other local people decided not to talk about it, then they are all using the OTHER half of freedom of speech, which includes choosing NOT to say anything.

I fully understand your general impatience with old grievances being carried forward, and people today trying to use them as excuses for modern bad acts. I have no patience with that either. Even during the height of the Civil Rights battles, there were times when criminals tried to use "liberation of oppressed minorities" as a cover for everything from assaults on neighbors, to robbing banks, and even for psychotic acts of mayhem and murder. There was no excuse for that then, and there is no excuse for it now. I've pointed that out in other threads, where people try to claim that if the opposition does something wrong, that that makes it okay for THEM to do the same thing wrong as well.

However, in this particular case, the old grievances are unfortunately very much alive and active: Obama is the first non-white President this country has ever had, and there very much are a large number of people who still believe that no one of non-European extraction should ever be allowed to live, if they aspire to any office higher than janitor.

It is NOT "going on bended knee and begging for forgiveness" to refuse to let racism and other abuses to unchallenged.

But it can be a tricky business, to deal with such things, and you will always hear those who wish to sustain their prejudices, pretend to believe that EVERY case of opposition to them is that sort of pandering.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:19:37 AM
igor
i thank you for trying to give me some insight on this. as you have on other topics. i have said
before and will do again that you are usually quite fair and non partisan in your posts.

and i am not oblivious to what you are saying. what pisses me off are the people who have
hung, drawn and quartered this geezer because they THINK they know what the bloke was trying
to say.

you mention americas first non white president (why is there a mixed race category on the profile
description if all mixed race folk are supposed to be black?) an anology could be drawn with the uk's
first woman pm.

now thatcher is hated. in my country thatcher eptomises the us v them mentality. i can assure you
now when thatcher dies there will be parties all over the uk

margaret on the guillotine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsq3H_6XuFA

the day that margaret thatcher dies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXi-VYy_Yw

does that make me a misogynist?

yep i agree that no one stopped the geezer from what he did

and i agree that no one stopped the punters who put the sarah palin effigy up

but what i disagree with are the divvy windbags who are howling about the hung CHAIR who could
not care less about an effigy of a living PERSON because they do not like sarah palin

surely you can see its a bit skewed is it not?

you say about the burning of the bush effigy ''if it did happen'' well here is the link again

midnight January 20, 2009 GWB burns in effigy, celebrating the start of Obama's Inauguration Day.
Adams Morgan, Washington DC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINhfkQAz1g

and if you are not going to let racism and other abuses go unchallenged then you must confront
ALL racism and abuse and not be selective (i dont just mean you mate lol)

but you know and i know that certain folk on here only see one side of racism and abuse.

i will always stand up for myself as a white man. in fact i probably despise white liberals more
than i despise anyone else on this sorry planet

again no having a pop at you personally mate but when posters try and make me out to be a
div and talk down and try to patronise me i will bite back. hey its my 1st amendment is it not?

again have a nice day folks apart from the ones i do not like
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/23/2012 5:48:35 PM
Oy, when you were a kid, Jackie Robinson was still in diapers!
Times have changed , but not necessarily for the better.
I live in L.A., and NOBODY walks the streets at night.
 Neopoli
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:14:54 AM
I could go on, why bother...we have a two tier society, the wealthy/middle class and the poor, many of them black and hispanic. You wouldn't know, unless you went where they lived.Take a gander at the ranking of schools in any cosmopolitan area and see which schools rank at the top and whcih rank at the bottom, I'll give you a hint, the ones at the bottom ain't in scarsdale!

That only happens in your protected public school systems. The racist KKK/NEA & the political party they endorse are responsible for that discrimination by opposing choice.

More the reason to support school vouchers so these students can attend a more suitable private school of their choice. State teachers & the racists who support this denial of choice to minorities(they are one in the same) are opposed to that.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/24/2012 11:28:34 AM
Re: msg 154- The two-tiered society, Blacks, Hispanics, and the public schools.

The fastest growing segment of our population, is also the least likely to
be gainfully employed in the future. Hope& Change, indeed, but for the worse,
or maybe better, depending on how you view our nation and the future.
But don't take MY word for it, read "the United States of Education: the changing
demographics of the United States and their schools."
Centerforpubliceducation.org
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 3:33:08 PM

The fastest growing segment of our population, is also the least likely to
be gainfully employed in the future.

Pray tell, please provide the source for this statement. I would really like to know who says that "Blacks and Hispanics" are the least likely to be employed in the future, and what causes them to believe this.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2012 11:49:28 PM
it looked like Romney was talking to an empty chair in the last debate. lol

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >