Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 51
Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

That's pure baloney. Men are less emotionally driven and react logically when challenged intellectually. There's no proof that men in general get angry and violent when challenged intellectually.

There has been numerous studies done which show males who feel lower in the pecking order compensate by taking it out on females. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3171074/Men-bully-women-online-really-losers-Males-polite-gaming-abuse-females-lose.html (this is just one little study in relation to video games, I'm not going to drown you in similar studies in numerous other venues where this same phenomena exist)

There has also been numerous studies showing that men prefer women are less intelligent than themselves. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/men-like-the-idea-of-a-smart-woman-but-they-may-not-be-interested-in-dating-one_us_5627a564e4b02f6a900ed2aa

Frankly, the drastic levels between male criminality patterns and female criminality patterns should be enough for anyone with half a brain to realize males are far more aggressive. I feel like someone is asking me to prove water is wet LOL

2011 arrest data from the FBI:
Males constituted 98.9% of those arrested for forcible rape
Males constituted 87.9% of those arrested for robbery
Males constituted 83.0% of those arrested for arson.
Males constituted 81.7% of those arrested for vandalism.
Males constituted 79.7% of those arrested for offenses against family and children.
Males constituted 77.8% of those arrested for aggravated assault
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 52
Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.
Posted: 7/11/2018 9:06:37 PM
^^^^ Ask yourself how much of that is due to men’s biology and how much is due to socialization. Men are taught not to express their emotions openly and to “man up.” If you repress things inside too much it’s going to come out as physical violence. Women are also guilty of perpetuating this ideal image of a macho man. They say things like “I want a real man” or “a man who acts like a man.” When women accept the gentle, passive nice guy maybe things will change. But they seem to do a good job of ignoring nice guys.
 Coma_White
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2018 10:56:26 PM

There has been numerous studies done which show males who feel lower in the pecking order compensate by taking it out on females. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3171074/Men-bully-women-online-really-losers-Males-polite-gaming-abuse-females-lose.html (this is just one little study in relation to video games, I'm not going to drown you in similar studies in numerous other venues where this same phenomena exist)

There has also been numerous studies showing that men prefer women are less intelligent than themselves. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/men-like-the-idea-of-a-smart-woman-but-they-may-not-be-interested-in-dating-one_us_5627a564e4b02f6a900ed2aa

Frankly, the drastic levels between male criminality patterns and female criminality patterns should be enough for anyone with half a brain to realize males are far more aggressive. I feel like someone is asking me to prove water is wet LOL

There's no evidence that men will react badly in general when challenged intellectually though. Even if you proved men act more violently than women, it still doesn't prove that intellectual debate with women is a main trigger. Men probably prefer less intelligent women because very attractive women don't have to focus on education as men will take care of them.
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:18:41 AM

I feel like someone is asking me to prove water is wet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugyqOSUlR2A
 reverendswine
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/13/2018 11:50:28 AM
This chick is some piece of work. She has a penchant for busting through threads like the fücking Kool-Aid Man, resorting to name calling toward anyone who posts something she doesn't like or agree with, then proceeds to tell us men react violently to "intellectual women." Comedic gold.

Is it any wonder you're getting shit hurled right back at you, MadameButthole?
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:20:37 PM

Ask yourself how much of that is due to men’s biology and how much is due to socialization. Men are taught not to express their emotions openly and to “man up.” If you repress things inside too much it’s going to come out as physical violence. Women are also guilty of perpetuating this ideal image of a macho man. They say things like “I want a real man” or “a man who acts like a man.” When women accept the gentle, passive nice guy maybe things will change. But they seem to do a good job of ignoring nice guys.

I have asked myself, and science has answered its both nature and nurture.

I reject the notion that women want exploitative abusive jerks and ignore "nice guys" if anything most nice is the BASIC thing you have to be.

I have met many guys that label themselves "nice" and they have been anything but nice. They are often unattractive, have little social skills, and think women should operate like a machine: drop in "nice" acts until sex drops out. They are entitled, and pretend their most basic civility should entitle them to women normally way out of their league. They are the equivalent of the "nice fat girl" that is morbidly obese and doesn't understand why the jocks like the "****y" cheer leaders instead of themselves, cause they are so "nice".
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:22:56 PM

There's no evidence that men will react badly in general when challenged intellectually though. Even if you proved men act more violently than women, it still doesn't prove that intellectual debate with women is a main trigger. Men probably prefer less intelligent women because very attractive women don't have to focus on education as men will take care of them.

Do you know that the dark ages happened because Hypatia, leader of the alexandrian library, challenged a christian to debate? The dark ages was centuries of men murdering women for daring to challenge them intellectually. There's a reason why women were systematically kept from reading, getting an education, and out of the work force, voting booths and from property ownership, and it wasn't because most men wanted an equal partner.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:24:38 PM

This chick is some piece of work. She has a penchant for busting through threads like the fücking Kool-Aid Man, resorting to name calling toward anyone who posts something she doesn't like or agree with, then proceeds to tell us men react violently to "intellectual women." Comedic gold.

Is it any wonder you're getting shit hurled right back at you, MadameButthole?

I know! How dare a woman march into a public forum and engage in conversation like the rest of you ball owners, the gall!
You came out of a woman, get over yourself LOL
 Coma_White
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 5:03:34 PM

Do you know that the dark ages happened because Hypatia, leader of the alexandrian library, challenged a christian to debate? The dark ages was centuries of men murdering women for daring to challenge them intellectually. There's a reason why women were systematically kept from reading, getting an education, and out of the work force, voting booths and from property ownership, and it wasn't because most men wanted an equal partner.

Women didn't get the vote because they didn't have to fight in the military if there was a draft. Men also killed each other for strange reasons in the past and they still do in some places today. That doesn't prove that men in general will react violently if challenged intellectually. I've never seen statistics that prove over 50% of modern men get violent if you challenge their stance on geopolitics. In general, women have more social status than men and are treated with a higher regard.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/13/2018 5:24:45 PM
Madame, please show some laws today in Europe and Norrh America that discriminate against women and are in favour of men - because there aren’t any.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/14/2018 8:14:32 AM

In general, women have more social status than men and are treated with a higher regard.

This said all I need to hear to know what you are.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/14/2018 8:43:29 AM

Madame, please show some laws today in Europe and Norrh America that discriminate against women and are in favour of men - because there aren’t any.

Please look up "Trap law" TRAP stands for "Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers", they are a collection of laws which prevent women from accessing birth control. Some of these laws are so severe women have been jailed for miscarriage. Look at some of the horrors these kinds of laws have caused: https://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/arrested-having-miscarriage-7-appalling-instances-where-pregnant-women-were

"A critically ill, 27-year-old Washington D.C. woman was 26 weeks pregnant when a judge ordered her to have a Cesarean section. He did so with the understanding that the procedure would very likely kill her. It did. The baby died as well."

"A Utah woman gave birth to twins, one of which was stillborn. Her doctors blamed the death on her decision to delay a C-section. She was arrested for fetal homicide.”"

"A Louisiana woman checked in to a hospital due to vaginal bleeding. She was locked up for a year on charges of “second-degree murder before medical records revealed she had suffered a miscarriage at 11 to 15 weeks of pregnancy.”

When was the last time you feared being jailed or murdered because the law, written by women, ruled your sperm was more important than your life?

Please investigate the recent 2014 Burwell v. Hobby Lobby in which it was ruled that denying women access to birth control to regulate hormonal disorders was a federal right for businesses, that at the same time provided erection pills for their male employees. Male pleasure over rides female health.

Please look up how many states have banned breast feeding in public and have ticketed and jailed women for violating these laws.

Please look up how age of consent laws harm girls and are the back bone defense for polygamous pedophile communities

Please look up how sterilization laws which require a spouse's permission has caused great harm to women (I have a child because of this provision)

Please look up the numerous cosmetic consent laws across the south that are simply ridiculous: needing permission from husbands to cut their hair, get cosmetic surgery, have their teeth done, etc. The fact these laws are on the books shouldn't be a shock, my mother needed permission from my father to borrow money when I was growing up, and marital rape was still legal when I was in high school.

Please look up how the new transgender laws are harming Title 19 laws, infringing on the spaces and resources of females, even allowing for sexual assaults upon women in domestic violence shelters and female prisons.

Please look up how american women are severely effected economically and in health by the lack of maternity care and leave in this country.

Please consult the bodies of law that protect pimps and johns while punishing trafficked sex workers.

Here's a nice academic paper discussing many of these issues I talk about.
https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/laws_that_discriminate_against_women.pdf

I find it sad we have to go over such elementary crap. Shall we debate whether the earth is round or not next?
 Coma_White
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 10:12:07 AM

This said all I need to hear to know what you are.

Observing reality makes me something?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/14/2018 10:24:01 AM
Men have a higher suicide rate, are subject to the same amount of domestic abuse as women, have more lifestyle opportunities and are discriminated against in family courts. It makes me wonder sometimes if third wave feminists hate their own sons.

Suicide

The suicide rate for men is 3.7 times that for women. The suicide rate for young males has shown an alarming increase in recent years. There has been a growth of 70 percent in suicides of young men below the age of 21 years.

BBC Here and Now MORI Poll
All serious studies into domestic violence show a roughly equal balance between the genders. Some studies have shown that there is a higher rate of domestic violence amongst lesbian than heterosexual couples. A poll undertaken by MORI and commissioned by Here and Now had these main findings:

One in five (18 percent) of men have been victims of domestic violence by a wife or female partner as opposed to 13 percent of women by a man.
One in nine women admit to having used physical aggression against a husband or male partner (compared to one in ten men)
14 percent of men say that they have been slapped by a partner (compared to 9 percent of women)
11 percent of men have had a partner threaten to throw something heavy at them (compared to 8 percent of women)
Only 4 percent of women explained that their behavior (either verbal or physical) was because of drink or drugs (compared to ten percent of men)
Nearly half (47 percent) of women say that their behaviour (physical or verbal aggression or verbal reasoning) was because "it was the only way I could get through to him"
Working class men (20 percent) are more likely to have been subjected to physical agression by a wife or female partner than upper or middle class men (15 percent)
Here and Now's survey reveals that fifteen percent (6.3 million people) of the population say that they have been subjected to physical agression by a husband/wife or hetrosexual partner.
MORI interviewed a representitive quota sample of 1,978 adults in Great Britain. 1,865 of whom had ever been in a personal relationship with the opposite sex.
Field work was conducted from 17-21 November 1994 in 150 constituencies. All interviews were conducted face to face in home employing a self completion technique. Data have been weighted to the known profile of the British population.

Lifestyle Opportunities

Women have multiple lifestyle opportunities versus men's single opportunity i.e. work. At present women have the option to:
Work
Stay at home as a housewife
Stay home with children
Work part time and care for children part time

Family courts

Family courts have a powerful default of awarding custody to the mothers in 91% of the cases. This is regardless of the mothers conduct, or of her ability to support and care for the children. A great deal of research has established high correlation's between fatherless families and child poverty, family violence, drug abuse, teen pregnancy, school failure, and juvenile crime.
The ideal of maternal-preference originates from the period when two parent families were the norm. Marriage and children are great civilisers and motivaters for men. Women benefit from the man's pay check and from the male qualities he instills in the children. In two parent families the children are mostly cared for by the mother, but this is becomming less common. By contrast a mother-headed family is often far from ideal. For example, one of the best predictors of child abuse is the presence in the home of a boyfriend or step-father. Some studies have put the rate of abuse as 77 times greater in lone-mother households with a boyfriend / stepfather compared to families where both biological parents are present.

Family court judges are advised by Court Welfare officers who are supposed to make recommendations 'in the best interest of the child'. These officers often operate without a complaints procedure. Since a welfare report cannot be acknowledged as wrong it can only be right. A report that is by definition right can only be endorsed by the court, which as it happens sit in secret. It is almost impossible for fathers to appeal against bad decisions. Even appeals where there is outrageous justice against fathers are very rarely granted.

There is a widespread misconception that children get over the effects of divorce. This is not the case. There is much evidence that children from broken families are severely disadvantaged [Telegraph 01-Dec-96]. In some children these wounds never heal.

http://www.coeffic.demon.co.uk/descrim.htm
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/15/2018 6:05:56 PM
Men who pretend to be victims of a matriarchy are as asinine as white people whining they are victims of black oppression.
This kind of irrational sausage fest is exactly why you don't see women bothering to engage. You need to have people of integrity who acknowledge facts to even have a discussion. To deny sexism against women has a long history and still persists in this world is profoundly retarded. Its like trying to talk physics with someone who insists the earth is flat: the conversation will get no where because the morons in denial of the mountains of evidence are so persistent in their idiocy that nothing can proceed.

Guy says point out a law that oppresses women, MANY are posted. Guy responds that male suicide rates somehow upends it all. (As if its women's fault that toxic masculinity prevents them from the intimate bonds one needs to survive emotional traumatic times). Guy begins to go off at that mouth that 91% of children go into custody with fathers, without looking at how that rate is completely turned around in cases where the male actually ASKS for custody - in the vast majority of cases men do not WANT to raise their kids.

There's no point in discussing the nuances of why sexism happens and how to fix it so that women can take more of a public role in philosophy; when white middle class american men spend their time trying to gas light the females with actual degrees in philosophy, about what massive victims they are in an unsubstantiated matriarchy. I'll be here when someone wants to dissect Hegelian material dialectic and what that means for society, but this current ass hattery of pretending the material world doesn't exist is far too idiotic for someone of my caliber to even bother to engage in. I played enough Schrodinger's cat in my day back as a freshman.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/15/2018 7:01:58 PM
I’m not saying men are victims any more than women are victims. I’m simply pointing out that men also have issues that affect them, and real feminists also care about the well-being of men.
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2018 7:53:46 PM
LOL

Asking for the impossible has resulted in this battle of the sexes

Care to discuss some philosophy?

Or shall this mudslinging continue?
 Coma_White
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2018 12:22:34 PM

This kind of irrational sausage fest is exactly why you don't see women bothering to engage. You need to have people of integrity who acknowledge facts to even have a discussion. To deny sexism against women has a long history and still persists in this world is profoundly retarded. Its like trying to talk physics with someone who insists the earth is flat: the conversation will get no where because the morons in denial of the mountains of evidence are so persistent in their idiocy that nothing can proceed.

There's more sexism in favor of women than against women. Women rule the dating world and many think a guy is buying her dinner because her time is valuable and his isn't. A man will never have as much social value as a woman. There are no men having their rent and other expenses paid for because they are physically attractive. Then you go off about some kind of "sausage fest". Why are you judging people by their gender if you're a feminist?
Posted: 7/18/2018 2:26:24 AM
Oh god shuuduuup woman. The bubble is strong with this one, I swear. You are blinded by your righteous passion honey. Do you not even care that you've created a bubble for yourself? This is an example of how to say some things which are true, but be wrong in what your saying...be completely ineffective in what you claim to be trying to do. Look, you, when you keep jabbering like you do and constantly weaseling sideways then not enough people are going to want to listen to you...you're another who's doing more harm than good. You really want to fight against these injustices? Then stop playing such fucking games. If you make no attempt to stop these games, that sends the message that you don't really care about certain injustices. Screw your head on straight woman.

That's right...I said "woman". And "honey" too.
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2018 4:32:01 PM
After reading through this thread, I have to tip my hat to MadameBoisseau.

The lack of women discussing philosophy is directly related to discrimination throughout the ages.
Sure, women's rights have come a long way but not far enough.
 Inicia
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:00:47 PM
poop on nice- kind sure-intelligent sure-generous-compassionate-considerate-civil(most of the time but sometimes a little incivility is warranted)- historically nice has total different meaning - i have met plenty of "nice" people who underneath are emotionally bankrupt and are "nice" to obtain material goods or manipulating favors and than in niceness we oblige (keeping my own shirt thank you very much) F GS i do not mean sex- that is a shared hopefully pleasurable experience activity for both. yes women do get called nerds- or crazy(because they think too much)- it is a struggle for all to find a suitable partner- yes it can lead to choices of being single..
 tomatata
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/15/2018 3:29:40 PM
I can assure you...as a somewhat intelligent guy with a long dating history before marriage...women are no deeper nor intelligent than men. We live in a country where 25% of the people think the Sun revolves around the earth. What could be more sad than that?
 Inicia
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/18/2018 8:47:35 AM
Females were not ALLOWED[ to "fight" in wars and not ALLOWED to vote- what the hell logic is behind women did not get to vote because they did not have to fight or be drafted- get an education please- do some gender studies- idiocy?? still an ideology presented and supported is that women do not belong in the infantry-but much of this fear SEEMS to be generated by an honest concern for protecting women-however, females stamina for withstanding/enduring torture is much better than males- and during discussions of the Geneva convention and rape, during boot camp training, female soldiers are outraged at male soldiers' cavalier expression towards honoring the civil/human protections/rules presented in it (the geneva convention). Might not the real reason be women infantry could prevent total dehumanization/degradation/feminization of the ememy
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Males looking for females interested in discussing philosophy.