Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A School Girl Crush at 60?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _babblefish
Msg: 107
A School Girl Crush at 60?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Muscle dysmorphia (bigorexia) is a subtype of body dysmorphic disorder, which in itself is a variant of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Sometimes called bigorexia, muscle dysmorphia is the opposite of anorexia nervosa. People with this disorder obsess about being too small and frail and undeveloped. Even if they have good muscle mass, they believe their muscles are inadequate. Usually, about half of people with this problem are so convinced of their perceived smallness.

One would deduce that the sexual bigorexia refers just to one or two selected muscles.

Why would you think just one or two selected muscles? lol

*passes out graphic tees to selected posters: "anxiety girl - able to jump to the worst conclusion in a single
bound"

you may as well throw in a scarred up torso from a sword fight
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 108
A School Girl Crush at 60?
Posted: 10/16/2012 8:50:28 AM
Weebitrusty said:

What I liked about this whole story was the "school girl crush" attitude - I loved it. I've had crushes, I'm sure we all have. What a great feeling.

That's what I liked as well. I met a great guy down south a few years back and developed an enormous crush on him...we were inseparable all the time I was out there. Unfortunately things didn't work out. But I never forgot the feelings, the giddiness. I want that again.

Pinky said:

We maybe older but butterflies can still happen no matter what age you are.

I am so hoping that is true.

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2012 9:07:22 AM
Well Mae.....Those butterflies may exist still, but flying may need a little time and assistance as we age, and know that once up in the air, one must land sooner or later......;)

I guess for me, being attracted to someone enough to move me is a great feeling, and rushes blood to all parts of my body and mind, but having a crush is soooooooo temporary, and past history will tell me that they will not last, but while they do......the experience with that person is worth the short term time that will eventually hit one or the both of us!!

I say go for it, and enjoy who you are with, for as long as you care to be there, and understand that tomorrow will never happen if you do not experience today......:)

cd
 funnershine
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/16/2012 11:13:02 AM

Well Mae.....Those butterflies may exist still, but flying may need a little time and assistance as we age, and know that once up in the air, one must land sooner or later......;)

Although I came in for a crash landing and almost broke the sound barrier doing it, I am still convinced it is highly possible to keep orbiting for at least the first year or two..Then one might experience a ever so slow float down to embrace the earth once again..

I guess for me, being attracted to someone enough to move me is a great feeling, and rushes blood to all parts of my body and mind, but having a crush is soooooooo temporary, and past history will tell me that they will not last, but while they do......the experience with that person is worth the short term time that will eventually hit one or the both of us!!

At this age really do we really now long term from short term.. The important thing is the experience of having a term..Just hoping another term comes around before my clock runs out.. I think really the important thing to have it last is to share similar values with regards to money, sex and kids.. The top three that disagreements can normally stem from..

We did not have the top 3.. not a single one of them.. but still the heart can pitter but it patters out..ggg

Namaste
funnershine
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/17/2012 8:46:03 AM

I'll take flying lessons and worry about the landing if and when it happens. Who knows... it may not result in a crash landing. Wanna come flying with me? *grins*

...mae
 c_deacon
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2012 8:59:26 AM
Your plane or mine Mae??.....lol

OT......The faster one takes off, can mean the faster they land, crash or not, so the key here is to know yourself and how you fly, and then understand the other and how they fly......and then enjoy the results with that knowledge so that neither of you get more than you bargained for, or hurt when not intended.

cd
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:05:30 AM

Your plane or mine Mae??.....lol
OT......The faster one takes off, can mean the faster they land, crash or not, so the key here is to know yourself and how you fly, and then understand the other and how they fly......and then enjoy the results with that knowledge so that neither of you get more than you bargained for, or hurt when not intended.

I'll take you for a ride in my plane and show you what it feels like to travel in warp drive *wink*

But seriously...as short lived as it might be...I would still want to feel that wild and crazy feeling again. Just once.

...mae
 funnershine
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:54:31 AM

But seriously...as short lived as it might be...I would still want to feel that wild and crazy feeling again. Just once.

Seriously Mae take up dog walking.. I honestly meet at least 15 new men a week walking my puppy. Make sure the dogs you are walking love people though.. lol

I never knew owning a dog was such a drawing card..
 c_deacon
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:53:11 PM
Like pushing a baby in a baby carriage.....you will get so many that want to talk to you....and more.

I guess I need to get rid of the doll now....it surprises so many!!.....lmao

OT.....Come on may.....Walk up to one you see that you want and take him for a ride.......life is far to short not to!!

cd
 funnershine
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/17/2012 2:36:08 PM

Like pushing a baby in a baby carriage.....you will get so many that want to talk to you....and more.

I think a baby may draw more women then men... Now a dog draws the more men than women..
So you stick with the doll.. lol
 Wonder5750
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 10:06:55 AM
Native, your post makes me smile. Of course you can have a crush...at any age. We associate age with "maturity".... . Hell with that! lol Have fun, chemistry is an awesome thing!
 ForumFilly
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/28/2012 12:09:37 PM
Native, even though it didn't work out with this man, at least you know those feelings are still possible. Such a shame that he is willing to tolerate living such an empty life when there might be something that can be done to help him. You're a smart woman to realize that you can't 'fix' him and there are other men available, physically and emotionally. Best of luck to you! BTW, I was 20 days shy of 60 when Dave & I started communicating and now, almost 2 yrs later, we are very happily married. Best of luck to you!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A School Girl Crush at 60?