Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I almost missed a gem.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 firefly416
Msg: 35
view profile
History
I almost missed a gem.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm sorry it didn't work out. You might be able to go back to being friends. I've often managed to keep ex boyfriends as friends. I've had some limited success with finally dating men I'd known for years but wasn't close friends with them. I'm currently alone so nothing is working out right now.

Firefly
 safebetinvegas
Msg: 36
view profile
History
I almost missed a gem.
Posted: 11/9/2012 7:21:05 AM
Despite the "warm fuzzies" that the rush of emotions bring to OP's new "love", overall, statistically, this type of situation fizzles out.

If it works, more power to you...just know the odds are slim it will turn into a LTR.

Being from Vegas I've got to say that when you bet (and that is what most decisions in life are) you must be prepared to leave the table with nothing. Ready for that ??

Further, if you get over the shock value of Boondock's comments you'll see the truth behind it, although brutal as it is. Ignore at your peril.

These types of arrangements are usually temporary landing zones for both parites involved. It's a built in comfort zone before one of you leaves the "nest" after wondering "what were we thinking".

Be sure to give us an update @ 6 months and @ 1 year.

Hopefully you beat the odds.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I almost missed a gem.