Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I'm 25 yrs old, He is 50 yrs old....can it work???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonBits
Msg: 106
I'm 25 yrs old, He is 50 yrs old....can it work???Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

unless you are sleeping with men in their late 40's on up, how would you know if the majority of them have problems in the getting-it-up department??? From what I have seen, and no need for gory details or numbers, that is when the problem gets serious, with a lot of men, only to get worse as they age

I was curious about the same thing. So I asked what the exerience has been with men above 40.

Feel free to contribute your first hand knowledge of this, but most men claim they have no problems.

Do men over 40 REALLY want sex all that much?Page 1 of 7

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15243436.aspx
 zookie57
Msg: 109
I'm 25 yrs old, He is 50 yrs old....can it work???
Posted: 9/19/2012 3:57:30 PM

So I don't really under stand why a women of any age, and especially one that is in good shape should have a problem dating. There are tons of men, especially older men, that complain they can't get any kind of date. One would think the two groups should be able to get together and have a good time.

That's a good question & if these folks who solely rely on meeting other folks on the internet,but don't have the time or inking or other....
imo both sexes for what ever reason think they are right but when you look at their method both are lacking in where to look if you really want to meet someone other then a ego thingy to fix, a ax to grind, or etc! lol imo these thing are the biggest challenges or road blocks.
For the men here, as they are the biggest ratio who subscribes here,like 90% vs 10% women, so why do you think your odds are that great in meeting someone,yet the disappointment is greater in not not meeting the fairer sex ?
And for a women,my question why is it that not that many singles-women are not here, to make it more of a level playing field?

It can't just be location, location location.

But contra mon ami! it can be something a lot bigger or a lot less! Just do the math & only fish where the fish swim like the similar minded ones like you.

She benefits from my experience, I benefit from her enthusiasm.

Sounds like a lovely pair, as you got a keeper who still loves to swim in clear waters with fresh eyes...
 Love.Notes
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:56:12 AM
Here is a situation where you really want everyone to say age us just a number. I can see why your parent's are somewhat concerned, they never expected their 25 year old daughter to settle down with a 50 year old man.. Working in the health field you may want to consider this. When he is 60 you are 35. Medication for high blood pressure, heart problems, and other aging signs begins to set in if not before 60 by 60 the problems start for the majority of folks. Now he is 70 and you are 45. You will open the door for his PSW that come's to take care of him with his daily showers, and stockings that he will most likely need, and trips to the doctor are more frequent. You can count on at least 2 a week. Healthy or not the majority of seniors at this age need help and medical attention of some kind. Now he is turning 80 and you are 55. You could be a young 55 who may just like the look of a young 45 year old but your "true love is 80. You get the idea? Now it's totally up to you sweetie if you want to have EVERYTHING with this man. You are old enough to make your own decisions. You could have many wonderful years with him who knows. We can't tell you what to do, your parents can only offer their advice, but in the end its what you want not anyone else.

If there is ever a time you need to think clearly before you leap..it's now.

Best of luck
 justdeb1111
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/23/2012 3:01:49 AM
I dunno...when a poster is talking in third person about their situation my scam radar starts going off. The extra "???" and "!!!" are making me twitchy too.
 stovo82
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:04:27 AM
A stock standard example of Daddy Issues. Young lady probably does not have a good relationship with her father and possibly raised by a single mother. She seeks comfort in a man old enough to be her father.
 DragonBits
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:19:06 AM

A stock standard example of Daddy Issues. Young lady probably does not have a good relationship with her father and possibly raised by a single mother. She seeks comfort in a man old enough to be her father.

Perhaps you can explain what the negatives are for the older man?

As long as she wants to please her daddy and can accept that when she is a bad, bad girl she will need to be spanked, I can't see why this presents a problem for me.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:26:08 AM

As long as she wants to please her daddy and can accept that when she is a bad, bad girl she will need to be spanked, I can't see why this presents a problem for me.

Married sex not cutting it for ya gramps? Then okay, you are entitled to your fantasies.
 DragonBits
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/23/2012 9:47:09 AM
^^^
Married sex not cutting it for ya gramps? Then okay, you are entitled to your fantasies.

You young whippersnappers have no respect for your elders, you have cut me to the quick.

Though dare I note you are no spring chicken yourself.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/23/2012 10:06:19 AM
^^^Lol, true, that is why it was extra fun calling you that.
 DragonBits
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:38:04 AM
I forgive you for that mean spirited attack, you know how us men are, we never seem to be able to hold a grudge against an attractive woman. Weak willed I think, but it is what it is.
 privat33r
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:02:37 PM
... So can 25/50 work? Well,.. there are difficulties. Mom is 3 months older. We couldn't see the family or go on vacations with them. Some of her friends were dismissive and shirty. Guys that were interested in her looked down on her for it, and told her so. Not around me, but that insidious low level nasty can hurt.

Lots of folk were good, but when there's obviously only a gf/bf situation- and its hard to get together 'cause all our friends, and my family, are making things difficult, and removing resources, like places to go or money to spend- It slurps the fun out. If you can waterski and take a 130 hp jetski out- like most people in my group can-- that creates shared wildness, and tantalizes with the amazing, the possibility of sharing soul changin coolness. When all those things are suppressed it makes the relationship tougher.

Lots seem to wonder if guys are still 'okay' at 50. Most should be. A bit older and things might not be altogether alright, and 50 is not the sweetspot, but I had a back operation before and a herniated disk when I dated my babe- those didn't help, - being drugged to giddiness and seeing anthomorphic dragons circle the room isn't a good thing in a relationship but I don't think its what caused her to break up after a few years.

It might have helped if my kids weren't so mean to her, or I recovered quicker, or we had hope for other things.

It can sometimes be important to be at similar points in your life. While that can be a loose association it does feel right to go through portions of life with people who are also in that phase.
 justneedone82
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:51:33 PM
lol this is to funny omg
 justdeb1111
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:13:45 PM

And yet, like clockwork, the older women and younger men jump in with nasty barbs, revealing huge amounts of insecurity and just plain vicious hatred, which by the way, if leveled at any other group, would be called hate speech.

Nope, I just think "she" was posting to set people off and then run---which is exactly what happend.
 greenIsis777
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/28/2012 7:40:37 PM
catherine zeta jones and michael douglas :)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:25:10 PM
catherine zeta jones and michael douglas :)

43 and 68 according to wiki that would be 25 yrs difference. In the pictures of them together he looks like her father - a very happy father - I wonder what is keeping her happy these last 12 yrs - I say what a waste of a stunningly beautiful woman with an old fairly average looking guy.
 L0thari0
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/2/2012 2:47:12 AM
OP You're too young to remember Tony Randall, but his wife (Heather Harlan) was 51 years younger and they were together 9 years, until he died. It my also be of interest that Randall was married to his first wife for 50 years, until her death.

So, yes it can work.

Too all those that say you'll be changing his diapers and such, you could also marry a young man that has an accident and be in that same boat. None of us know when our number will come up.
 saw8wave8
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/12/2012 1:03:30 AM
Is it wrong for a 25 yr old woman to want to be with a man who is 50????

yes
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I'm 25 yrs old, He is 50 yrs old....can it work???