Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StageCat1
Msg: 26
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

But the computer doesn't know that. If you tell a website to look for one particular kind of guy, that's what the computer will show you. It's not going to change unless you TELL it to change. How often do you modify search preferences online? How much do you modify your e-mail preferences online? I see women complain in these forums (and in their profiles) a LOT about always meeting the same kind of douchebag online, but if you are not opening up to a few random NEW possibilities, you really do NOT know what you may be missing.

The computer doesn't weed people out according to my preferences. People might weed themselves out, but no one is automatically weeded out. I get responses from all kinds of people, some who may respond despite what I say in my profile. I keep an open mind, but I do tend to be drawn to certain things because that's just naturally what I find attractive.

I get what you're saying though. I think you'll do really well on here! All the best.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 27
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:34:50 AM

... I actualy feel uncomfortable and guess some people wont like me saying that but it's true.

I dunno if you read this from mine;

It isn't necessarily height that women like in a guy. A lot of women like a guy that's BIGGER than them, and since obesity has been found to be a bad thing, height is the default thing to look for. It has to do with the general idea of women being 'feminine', or basically the more 'fairer' sex. If they tower over the guy, or outweigh them by 30 pounds, it's hard for them to feel 'delicate' and womanlike.

Confidence is a huge part of being attractive/finding others attractive, and I think this 'size' thing has a lot to do with how confident people feel about their partner and themselves. If you had a shorter guy that made you feel like a million bucks and had a big set of shoulders you could cuddle into, would you still feel uncomfortable?

No one can crucify you for feeling uncomfortable about being around a shorter guy - you feel what you feel. The part that I find annoying is that there are women online in here that are genuine narcissists and make up 'rules' about dating that MUST be followed, come hell or high water. The high heels rule is one of them.

High heels is a FAD that comes and goes with age. The only woman I ever knew that still wore high heels into their 70's was a school librarian who was maybe 4'10" and 85 pounds soaking wet - she went right from high heels to a wheelchair. Gaining weight, arthritis, having kids, getting diabetes - there's a million reasons why high heels will NOT be in your future for much longer, and a few thousand reasons why high heels shouldn't be worn all that often anyway. I think the heels rule is really pure vanity, because it's sooooo very shortsighted in terms of a long-term relationship.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:52:23 AM
That's almost like women getting fake boobs,,,lol.....a lil lift here, etc...lol
 suszieque2u
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/1/2012 2:00:25 PM
As long as the man is honest about his true height then that should be fine. but he should not say he is 6 ft if he is 5'9" and wearing 3 inch lifts..
 Lionesse19
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/3/2012 3:02:56 AM
I think we can tell when men are wearing lifts. You only have to compare the length of the arms and
see if it is all in proportion. Three to five inches really? I can imagine the mincing walk and the protruding bottom with all that. lol!. However it is like women with false boobs I guess. Sooner or later the truth will out, in the bedroom and you would not be with someone a long time before finding out.
 DragonBits
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/3/2012 5:01:36 AM
^^^
Sorry, I just do not find shallow little girls attractive. Most of you on here are old enough to know better than to be that incredibly shallow. No crime to list your preferences, I'll just dismiss you as shallow and ugly -- even if you look like a model -- and never ever try to date you.

Really?

If a very attractive lady who was 5.2 stated she liked men shorter than 5.9, you wouldn't date her?
 femaleconnection
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/3/2012 7:21:32 AM

Sorry, I just do not find shallow little girls attractive. Most of you on here are old enough to know better than to be that incredibly shallow. No crime to list your preferences, I'll just dismiss you as shallow and ugly -- even if you look like a model -- and never ever try to date you.

Really?

If a very attractive lady who was 5.2 stated she liked men shorter than 5.9, you wouldn't date her?

Oh, it is OK if her preferances dont knock him out of the race...lolol..that is ALWAYS the way.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:11:16 AM
OP.. wT F??

I am 6 foot and change barefooted...

depending on whether i wear NORMAL shoes or my work boots...i go over 6'1...

but i would NEVER pull a Sly Stallone and wear 3-4 inch platforms....

i cannot imagine WOMEN would find that sexy at all...

prolly they would LAUGh at a DUDE trying to B taller cuz of his shoes...

for me.. a MAN

if a woman 5'3 who wears 6 inch stilettos ...

par for the course...
 DragonBits
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:38:29 AM

Oh, it is OK if her preferances dont knock him out of the race...lolol..that is ALWAYS the way

But the real difference is, the lady who will only date men shorter than 5.9 has demonstrated she isn't shallow. She is a champion that fights against the stereotypes in society :)

but i would NEVER pull a Sly Stallone and wear 3-4 inch platforms....

Since you are 6 foot, why would you even think about wearing platforms?

Stallone is an actor and needs to appeal to the greatest number of men and women. I think many men expect their action heroes to look taller. I am sure what when older woman actress takes off all her accessories she looks quite different.

Honestly, if someone was going to pay me $10 million, I would wear whatever it took.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/3/2012 1:46:05 PM

But the real difference is, the lady who will only date men shorter than 5.9 has demonstrated she isn't shallow. She is a champion that fights against the stereotypes in society :)

Any preferance can be called shallow, and dont deny it-if a taller man asked her out and she she denied him for being too tall...he would call her shallow. I see your humour-where many wont. :)

End of day, why do some men insist on trying to date women who just are not attracted to them? I know I wouldnt want to data a man who held a preferance for blondes or giant boobs...I will never have those attributes, and I wish him luck in finding a woman he desires. I dont go around calling them shallow for what turns them on.

I have never felt sexually attracted to a male who was smaller than me. Call it what you will, but I listed this when I was lookng so that I wouldnt waste the shorter mens time. And it worked. I met a man taller than myself who has a kick azz personality and we have been dating for a while now. I wouldnt change a thing.

If a woman was complaining that she never met any men with the criteria she had...then go ahead and call her on it. But I have never had an issue meeting men taller than myself who I enjoyed spending time with...so why would I seek men who dont turn my crank at all?
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/3/2012 2:23:08 PM
Having search preferences a couple inches taller is no big deal, because that is the norm. When shorter ladies prefer guys above average into the taller range for their MINIMUM height preferences, that (IMHO) can still be considered questionable.

The vanity part comes in to play when people spell out their preferences in their profile texts - and list absolute 'deal breakers' that are MORE than just a lifestyle preference. You don't like smokers, motorcycles, having babies, heavy drinking - that's fine - all of that kind of stuff are lifestyle choices that CAN be changed by the reader IF they feel it's worth it to get to know you.

A LOT of the other physical appearance categories are easily changeable - hair color, even eye color with contacts can be altered. Some categories may take some work to change - Income and professions can change. People can go back and get a degree. Some may argue about how easily one can change their body shape, but after dropping 50 pounds, I myself believe it's possible. Hair and breast implants and laser eye surgeries are getting less and less expensive, and a LOT more common than 10 years ago.

Height is something that's NOT controllable - unless you have $150K of disposable cash and are willing to get surgical leg extensions and deal with 6 months of intense pain. Having kids is NOT controllable - if you've already been made a parent.
Try this logic; If you're using footwear that literally NEVER gets worn more than half the time determine your mate's height, guys have every right to judge how good of a Mom you are by how much time your kids are around - NOT by the quality of time you spend with them - only by how much time they are around. Is that fair?
 Della D
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/3/2012 2:47:03 PM
OP, at 5'8 (acc. your profile) I can see you might be tempted, but still, false pretense is not the way to go. At one time or another you take off these shoes, and then, woooooom.......

It would most likely change things, but not because of the height issue, but your issues, and the deception.

The big difference to wearing high heels is that they are visible, and therefore not a false pretense.
 DragonBits
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/5/2012 1:06:37 PM

End of day, why do some men insist on trying to date women who just are not attracted to them?

If a woman was complaining that she never met any men with the criteria she had...then go ahead and call her on it. But I have never had an issue meeting men taller than myself who I enjoyed spending time with...so why would I seek men who dont turn my crank at all?

Most short men understand a tall woman wanting to date a man that is her height or taller, but they get hurt by a short woman say 5.3 only wanting to date a man 5.10 or taller. There only outlet is to vent about it, I doubt they think they can change someone's mind.

IMO short men likely knew it was a negative, but they didn't quite realize until they joined a dating site that being short was only marginally better than being a tall criminal. Meaning in studies, women were 50/50 on choosing a tall former criminal over a short man, unless the crime was being a pedophile or a murderer, then for sure the short man would get the nod.

Another thing about the internet, a short man can create an identical profile with his own pics, and claim he is 6 foot tall, then he can see for himself the difference. Studies I have read where they did this the response rate was 20 times higher only because of height.

I have been lucky in that I had a LT 10 year relationship in my very first GF, who at 5.7 was 2 inches taller than me and 20 lbs. heavier than me. So I never got bitter or angry, and had several other LTR after that, I skated by the problems. And while I like a woman that is shorter and petite, I can't say I can't get turned on and love a woman that is bigger than me. You would be amazed at how preferences are mostly all about past experience and easily change depending on the situation.

But I understand where you are coming from, since I to will be more arbitrarily choosy when in a dating situation where I have a large pool women that want to date me. Since you have this large pool, likely you would never date a shorter man nor get to know him well enough to realize this. I am not going to say it's your lose, because it isn't, you have plenty of quality men that you can find.
 Fleuron
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/5/2012 1:45:57 PM

In this modern age, men are using anti-wrinkle creams, plucking their eyebrows, finely trimming their facial hair, waxing their bodies, getting manicures, etc. ….but it's just a sign of the times

How funny….a “modern sign of the times,” like effeminate men are something bold and new.

According to my research while watching, “History of the World Part I,” some “men” were wearing poofy perfumed wigs and frilly-cuffed blouses centuries ago, and other stuff I can’t talk about.

There’s grooming, and then there’s being a frickin woman. Metrosexuals are girlier than I am and gawd awful unappealing. Just, NO.

Oh, yeah….the thread topic.

I don’t care if men wear lifts in their shoes, I just don’t want to date them. I think I can tell if a man is really tall or not…proportions and such, ya know? If the bottoms of his feet are eight inches off the ground, ala Frankenstein’s monster, that’s a big clue right there.

A man can lift himself off the ground, but he can’t make his legs longer. And for me, it’s the legs. :smiles:

To me, needing lifts screams insecurity.
 DempseySR32
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/5/2012 9:09:50 PM
Fake hair, fake tan, fake boobs, fake nails, fake eye lashes, please tell me how you're all looking for a real man?

Gotta say no one has ever noticed the lifts I wear. They are very discrete and comfortable. The only time I've taken them off is when we're both laying down and when you're in bed you're both the same height :)

Also I noticed a lot of women on this thread that are against the lifts are old and single. Wonder why? Only 13% of men in the US are over 6ft tall. How of that 13% how many are landwhales, criminals, lazy bums? Slim pickens if you're a woman with set in stone standards. Probably why there are so man single old ladies here.
 jblack2000
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/6/2012 5:48:22 AM

Only 13% of men in the US are over 6ft tall. How of that 13% how many are landwhales, criminals, lazy bums? Slim pickens if you're a woman with set in stone standards. Probably why there are so man single old ladies here.

Women don't get that. It's literally impossible for every woman to be able to date a man over 6ft tall. However, it doesn't stop them from sabotaging their (online) dating choices .
 Fleuron
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/6/2012 10:28:52 AM
Omg….there’s not enough tall men to go around!!! Puhlease. That is sooooo lame.
 DempseySR32
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/6/2012 11:00:05 AM
You're wrong.
http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growthcharts2/f/avg_ht_male.htm
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/12/2012 11:01:45 AM
There are plenty of physical characteristics we could want in a mate, both neccesary and vain...
Boob size is irrelevant online, because you cannot plug it into a search engine. Same with penis length or girth.

Weight is put into the generic categories of 'Body shape', so it can (to some extent) become a searchable (and therefore relevant) item.

Height is goofy, because ladies have their 'real' height, and their 'high heels' height. In here, you don't always know what their 'ideal' range is, so we still have to deal with wasting time writing messages to ladies who are not going to reply because of height issues.

Guys lie a lot about height because height IS a specific searchable item, and ladies have the luxury of disqualifying a large number of men without even glancing at their profile by just restricting online searches. Just think how many women would get eliminated from searches if bra cup size was made a relevant search item - or how many would lie to avoid being ignored.

Guys already lie about penis length or girth, and will ALWAYS lie about it - so don't even bother making that argument for a relevant search item, LOL
 rod1919us
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 12:09:20 AM
I'm not wearing "lifts". It's not that serious to me. If a woman don't like my height...oh well. I'm pretty sure there's something about her I could key in on that I didn't like either. Not sure why a dude would want to wear lifts...that's just me.
 rod1919us
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 12:44:21 AM
Also I noticed a lot of women on this thread that are against the lifts are old and single. Wonder why? Only 13% of men in the US are over 6ft tall. How of that 13% how many are landwhales, criminals, lazy bums? Slim pickens if you're a woman with set in stone standards. Probably why there are so man single old ladies here.

Actually, the women on here are mainly white. It's mainly white and black women who are hung up on height. Like I've advocated a while back, a short guy's best bet is to date Asian and Latina women. Not saying that Asian and Latinas don't have height requirements, but in general not nearly as much as American White and black women. After-all, most Asian and Latino men are short by nature. I know PLENTY...and I mean PLENTY of short Latino men with DIMES. I may need to start speaking Spanish or Protuguese to catch up with the Latinas. White men have the edge with the Asian women. Asian women tend to go for white guys so it would be wise for a short white man to find an Asian woman. The major disadvantage for me being black is that black men in general are taller and bigger than most other men. But at the same time it has come to my advantage because a lot of black men are either dead or in the prison system. And there's a shortage of black men which is why I do get a lot of play from black women. *shrugs*. lol
 rod1919us
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 12:53:01 AM
Women don't get that. It's literally impossible for every woman to be able to date a man over 6ft tall. However, it doesn't stop them from sabotaging their (online) dating choices .

I think it's more than height the reason why a lot of guys on here don't have success. I'm short, BLACK, and in the military and that's three major disadvantages against me. I've actually had a fair amount of success on here. It comes and goes in spurts, but that's the way it is. Sometimes I get messages left and right and other times I don't get a message for weeks. Another problem I see with guys is that they put too much effort into POF. This is meant to be just a bonus. Whenever I send out a message, I send it with the notion that she probably isn't going to reply. So whenever they do reply back it's a surprise or bonus. I don't send any long message either. Height requirement is just one preference. Another one would be race, another one would be endowment, another one would be job/profession, how nice he is, etc. As I've stated b4, a lot of women wouldn't be satisfied if they dated Jesus. At the same time, a lot of guys have just as shallow requirements themselves. Many white and Latino men want their women to be thin and petite. Plus sized women have harder time dating latino and white men in general. Black men on the other hand will diss black women if she don't have an a$$. Which is why Latina and white women breaks their necks to stay thin and black women break their neck to have an a$$...and long hair. Welcome to the American dating world. In Europe, the dating scene is soooooo much better.
 TheDeliberateStranger
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/13/2012 1:04:54 AM
hahaha well at the end of the day yes if these women aren't getting the guy's they really want that are available they happily share the taken guy's that do appeal to them in their demands. im sure the other girl will just luv all the extra attention her boyfriend gets. after all he has already got the stamp of approval off one woman right??
 Fleuron
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/13/2012 11:50:14 AM
^^^^ Thanks for commiserating, you’re very understanding. :)

I know with this drastic tall man shortage, I’ve been keeping my eyes open for tall ones who are already taken. I mean, my sisters can share, can’t they, since there are only so many tall men to go around and we all have to have one.

After all, women who prefer tall men are “hung up” about it, it’s a disease, I’m telling you. Height is the ONLY thing we demand. He can look like roadkill; be a sexual sadist serial killer; bathe twice a year; have rotting teeth; anything…..ANYthing I’m telling you, as long as he’s tall. That’s all that matters. That’s all that ever will matter.

And it’s all our fault….there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

EYEROLL.
 TheDeliberateStranger
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/13/2012 2:19:38 PM
don't flame the guy who just states it how it is. its a harsh world.

you's talk and whine or make little sarcastic jokes about a tall man shortage hey which sounds childish enough in its self... oh boo hoo.. i tell you there is definitly a decent woman shortage around which is a hell of alot more relevent around the place. now really which is the worse issue?? haha yeah i rest my case.

women and some of their ridiculous "criteria".. FFS most men on here including myself would be just happy enough with a half decent looking woman regardless if she was 5'2'' or 5'11' and 10 pounds under weight or 20 pounds over weight. if she is genuine and has her head on straight then she is already in the front door with me anyway. no way in hell im going to dismiss her over petty little criteria preferences such as "ideal" height or weight fantasies.

but on the other hand no one wants or deserves someone who doesn't look after themselves and is a "slob" for lack of a better word either. but this is in a completely different end of things. that is a reasonable criteria to have which any self respecting person would most usually exhibit.

and yeah i can quite easily see why some guys feel the need to consider lying about height or penis size ot attact women these days go figure with the way they carry on.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.