Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fleuron
Msg: 51
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

you's talk and whine or make little sarcastic jokes about a tall man shortage hey which sounds childish enough in its self... oh boo hoo..

“You’s”? Are you from Philly? ;)

I agree completely….it IS childish and boo hooy.

Maybe you should tell those guys from msgs. 61, 62 and 63….those are the men declaring and agreeing and threatening that there’s a shortage of tall men.

but this is in a completely different end of things. that is a reasonable criteria to have which any self respecting person would most usually exhibit.

You can set your own “reasonable criteria”….so can we! See how easy that is?

and yeah i can quite easily see why some guys feel the need to consider lying about height or penis size ot attact women these days go figure with the way they carry on.

Oh, please. How long do you think you’re gonna be able to fool a woman about your height and penis size? Are you gonna tell her you’re really six inches taller and your penis is really six inches bigger when you’re standing naked in front of her?

TheDeliberateStranger
Msg: 52
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 10/13/2012 7:46:56 PM
nah im from from australia how about you read a person's profile before you go off on you're head ranting. seriously just read what some of these young guy's are saying and stop with the attitude and lame attempt argument winning comebacks.

i don't need to tell the men anything they have eyes and can read the nonsense on here most of YOU carry on with. im sure most experience it everyday.

and if fool's like yourself would listen i clearly stated ALOT of guys CONSIDER pulling lie's about their height/ measurements etc. never said myself anywhere so don't talk about my height and measurements thankyou.
 rod1919us
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:21:29 PM

But there is nothing that you can do about this. Writing a thread about it is not going to change things, other than help you vent

I've already given the solutions. To sum up my couple of paragraphs previously written. Short men should start dating Asians and Latina women due to Asian and Latino men being shorter (in general) than White and black men.
 rod1919us
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:22:35 PM

^^^^ Thanks for commiserating, you’re very understanding. :)

I know with this drastic tall man shortage, I’ve been keeping my eyes open for tall ones who are already taken. I mean, my sisters can share, can’t they, since there are only so many tall men to go around and we all have to have one.

After all, women who prefer tall men are “hung up” about it, it’s a disease, I’m telling you. Height is the ONLY thing we demand. He can look like roadkill; be a sexual sadist serial killer; bathe twice a year; have rotting teeth; anything…..ANYthing I’m telling you, as long as he’s tall. That’s all that matters. That’s all that ever will matter.

And it’s all our fault….there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

EYEROLL.

Shoot, you must not know black women very well. lol
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/15/2012 2:46:16 PM
If bra cup size was a sortable search item in online dating - how many women would lie about it - or stuff their bras for photos (if they haven't already)?

Height is a searchable item online, because it is something both sexes have and can be measured equally - it just happens to carry a lot more specific 'weight' in Women's searches than it does in Men's.

'Weight' itself is NOT used, because of the dual sensitivity to both sexes; although I think if it WAS used, women would be complaining about IT a lot more than they currently protest the general 'Body Shape' category.

Battle of the Whining Sexes Aside, what would happen if Height was no longer a specific search? What if Height was given in generic terms like Weight is?
Something like;
1) Mini Me
2) Roller Coaster eligible
3) Short
4) Average
5) Tall
6) NBA Recruit
 sollty
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/15/2012 2:50:52 PM
I like to compare a woman's breast size to my hand size while wearing a CATCHER'S MITT !

... so I guess that's fair
 jblack2000
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/16/2012 7:51:45 AM

I know with this drastic tall man shortage, I’ve been keeping my eyes open for tall ones who are already taken. I mean, my sisters can share, can’t they, since there are only so many tall men to go around and we all have to have one.

Who said anything about a tall man shortage? First of all, if you're a short woman, then every guy is taller than you. Since that's the case, then why a height requirement? If you're only 5'2", then a 5'6" guy or a 6ft guy shouldn't make much difference.

There's only so many men with a certain height distribution within a given area, that's just common sense and statistics.

If you have a two women, one who is 5'3" and one who is 5'10", who do you think has more dating choices? The tall woman who limits herself to men taller than her, has shrunk her dating pool as much as 2/3's.

The same thing I'm saying also goes for the older fat dudes who want young thin women.

People can have preferences, but that doesn't mean those preferences aren't dumb, and should be ridiculed.
 FrenchAmericanHybrid
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:51:00 PM
DempseySR32 - I looked at your profile, you're 5'9", I don't think you have to worry about wearing lifts really. The majority of women in the USA are around 5'5", even if they are wearing heels, they're maybe 5'8". Idk your city tho, maybe that's where all the tall, beautiful women hide in this country?

Women wear heels, it's well known and to be expected. Men do not wear heels, nor is it expected. You are eventually going to have to take them off, you can't always wear them. So if you meet at a bar let's say, you can't go from eye-to-mouth to eye-to-eye. That's going to be noticed immediately, and most women probably won't like it. You'll get a wtf reaction and she'll probably leave, then you'll feel even more crushed or rejected. If you want to add a little boost so you're 5'10" or something, just wear boots, they usually have a thicker sole and might give you another inch. That can be expected and explained, lifts cannot.

I believe a man needs to be taller/bigger than a woman to adequately protect her.

Where were you on my post about "too picky or not right match"? I was trying to explain I kind of feel a man needs to be taller/bigger than a woman to adequately protect her too, and no one was getting my point of view.

Protect her from what?!

Protect her from sleazy, creepy guys. True you can be an inch taller and pull off the "she's with me move," but at 6'7" guys typically don't mess with me or my chick at all. I see them try to swoop in on other guy's gf's like on the dance floor, they occasionally try it on mine, but once they see she's with someone gigantic, turn tail and run. And if need be, if a guy's a real creeper, if I get up in his face and he's looking into my chest, it backs him off quickly.

I know it is not PC, but I like the man taller than myself.

I don't think it has anything to do with political correctness, it's yours and most women's point of views. Most women want a man to be taller than them, it's a natural thing. But most women are short, like 5'5", it doesn't take much for a man to be taller than you.

Personally, if a woman is 5'2", Dempsey is the perfect guy for her. He's tall enough to be taller than her, yet not too tall. I hate when tiny women, in love with the idea of a tall man, approach me. Been there, done that, it's ridiculous. Yes I'm 6'7" with hands capable of cupping basketballs. If she's tiny small, it feels ridiculous when we can't hold hands, instead she holds a couple of my fingers- I feel like I'm with a kid (nasty feeling). Plus over a foot difference in height, kissing is almost never natural; she either has to leap into my arm or she tippy toes while I seriously bend over. Over a foot difference in height causes more problems than you'd ever think. A guy like DempseySR32 or BrianFromUSA usually have a better height for most women, the world is made for 5'7", it isn't made for 6'7"...
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:20:03 AM

DempseySR32 - I looked at your profile, you're 5'9", I don't think you have to worry about wearing lifts really.

Not worry, but wearing types of shoes that aren't "lifts" can heighten you by 1-2 inches over regular thin-bottomed shoes. Hence, a guy at 5'9" can be level with many a guy who's 5'11". That can make a difference. Because as this poster points out....

They, also, compare them to the heights of other mens; especially those of the husbands/boyfriends/etc. of their girlfriends.

... and that is spot on. There's another online site that has preferences -- including height. Out of gals who are generally clean-cut & attractive, you'll most commonly see:
a) Gal 5'3" wanting guy 5'9" minimum
b) Gal 5'8" wanting a guy 5'11" minimum

Wait, that's less than half the distance of height between the two girls. Yep... Basically, they don't want the few shorter guys in the room -- and yes, women do like a guy who is above the average height in the room, too. It isn't really about him being taller than her -- that's a given.
 Fleuron
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:29:43 AM

Who said anything about a tall man shortage?

Msg. 61:
Only 13% of men in the US are over 6ft tall. How of that 13% how many are landwhales, criminals, lazy bums? Slim pickens if you're a woman with set in stone standards.

You responded, Msg. 62:
Women don't get that. It's literally impossible for every woman to be able to date a man over 6ft tall.

Msg. 63:
Well. a lot of them end up sharing the few tall guys :)

First of all, if you're a short woman, then every guy is taller than you. Since that's the case, then why a height requirement? If you're only 5'2", then a 5'6" guy or a 6ft guy shouldn't make much difference.

Are you serious? SIX INCHES isn’t much of a difference? :laugh: Yeah I think I’ve heard that before.

I don’t have a height “requirement.” It’s my preference. I dig long man legs.

If you have a two women, one who is 5'3" and one who is 5'10", who do you think has more dating choices? The tall woman who limits herself to men taller than her, has shrunk her dating pool as much as 2/3's.

That’s silly. I for one don’t need dozens of men. I only need one.

Dating “statistics” bore the hell out of me. They’re less than meaningless.

People can have preferences, but that doesn't mean those preferences aren't dumb, and should be ridiculed.

Think pretty highly of yourself, eh? I couldn’t care less if you think my personal preferences are dumb or genius. Ridicule away! How ridiculous. :laugh:

So, even a girl who is 5'2", may pass over guys of 5'7"

I’m 5’3” and I would pass over a 5’7” (or 5’8”) guy. If there’s no attraction; there’s no attraction.

But, women do not ONLY compare men's heights their own. They, also, compare them to the heights of other mens; especially those of the husbands/boyfriends/etc. of their girlfriends.

Oh, yeah. I’m not walking around with friends whose men are taller than mine. Eff that.

We compare penises, too. If my friends’ boyfriends and husbands have bigger penises than my boyfriend, out he goes. In fact, I don’t accept dates in the first place until I’ve made damn sure his penis is AT LEAST as big as all my friends’ guys’ penises.

Then we compare finger and tongue length, and of course, duration.

EYEROLL.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:07:57 PM
Statistics put the 'Average' American Male at 5'9" and about 189 pounds. In my market (at least from the last time I was on Match and looked it up) that was pretty much the same median height for guys in online dating.

Ladies are gonna search for whatever the hell they want to search for - nothing will change that.

If they limit their searches based on height, and ignoring half (or more than half) the male population because of height preferences, it's their own issue. All of these threads commenting on height and I mean ALL of them - is simply to call attention TO that ignorance.

"So what?" is the appropriate response. It's a free service. They can decide to look for whatever height they want - heels or no heels.

That four extra inches of height between being in heels and being flat-footed is pretty much a definition of your own insecurity; just like guys that look for gals with a waist four inches smaller than their own. It's not as well defined by numbers with weight as it is with height, but it's still a similar problem.

Yeah, you have your own choices... but I think what makes this issue such a topic of heated discussion, is that height is really something NOBODY can control, and yet Males are discriminated for/against ALL the time, an women have no problem with admitting it. You look at ANY other category you can search in online dating - Zip Code, Eye Color, Hair Color, Smoker, Religion, Job, Income, Hobbies - even Body Shape - ALL of that stuff can be modified. Some items may be harder to change than others, but they CAN be altered - and people can compensate for these other sources of discrimination by changing what needs changing in their own appearances to get the best results. Height can't. Skin color can't. Being 'Divorced; or being a 'Parent' can't really be undone, either. All of those topics come up for heated discussions in here at one time or another.

People are always in here looking for an 'upgrade' from the last relationship - taller, smarter, richer, better put-together, more attractive, etc... and people are still failing constantly, and turn to these forums for answers...

What appears to be getting preached in ALL these forum complaints, (and what seemingly gets ignored constantly) is that the 'upgrade' it's NOT ABOUT THE NUMBERS - it the PERSONALITY that makes 'compatibility' work, and you WON'T KNOW real compatibility until you get the courage to just BE with somebody instead of judging them from your computer screen. In the end it really doesn't matter, because by far, the vast majority of people in here are STILL going to avoid risk and search by the 'safe' numbers before they bother even attempting contact.

All I can do is keep preaching that if you really want your searches online to work, you gotta stick your neck out and try NEW things. READ profiles by fat people, READ profiles by smokers, READ profiles by short guys, and tall women. The vast majority of them are REAL PEOPLE, and not just search objects or 'riff-raff' that is distracting you from meeting Mr. or Mrs. Perfect. Be patient, be polite, be considerate - you don't know when lighting may strike, and you certainly won't be able to do anything about it when it happens.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/16/2015 7:18:59 PM
I think that it's ironic that today only women wear high heels. In ancient times men were the one's who wore heels - Persian soldiers wore them while riding horses in stirrups so they could secure their stance to shoot the bow and arrow more effectively. Louis XIV of France wore high heels to increase in 5'4 stature.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21151350
 purplerider1200
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2015 8:31:03 PM
Another version of the same old thing. Tall men have an advantage in dating over short men. Tell me another funny story, I like fiction. Or, perhaps women don't want to believe anything written in a man's profile. That might be the case, since I see written in plenty of women's profiles, a few extra pounds. Yeah, 50+ (At least) is a few extra.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/16/2015 8:55:14 PM

Kissfromarose77:
I think that it's ironic that today only women wear high heels. In ancient times men were the one's who wore heels

I realize You're not old enough to remember them, but, Men were wearing semi High Heeled Shoes in the Seventies....
Google Men's Platform Disco Shoes......
 LadyEssKay
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/16/2015 8:59:05 PM

I realize You're not old enough to remember them, but, Men were wearing semi High Heeled Shoes in the Seventies....

I had successfully wiped that image from my memory....until now. :) Those, and the collars that were so big, they stretched all the way to the neighbours house.

I was so young, to have had to live through that fashion horror.....
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/17/2015 11:56:27 AM

Interesting, I didn't know that. Why did they go out of style?
 arlo2
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2015 2:48:53 PM

A man can get 3 to 5 inches with lifts and you would never know it.

This seems unlikely. I just grabbed a regular shoe and measured it. The depth from the insole to the top of the heel area, at the back of the shoe, was 2 -3/4" So, with a 3" lift, the heel of the foot would be above the top of the shoe. At 5" of lift, the foot would be more than 2" above the top of the shoe.

Do these lifts only work with boots and high-top sneakers ? Without the support, it seems like the slightest side-force would cause the foot to slide right off of the platform. Instant ankle sprain! ( at best ).

I think that would be noticeable.
 rsoxfancg
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/19/2015 7:20:17 PM
Men wearing lifts as a way of attracting women does sound kinda silly. Trying to be something your not is shows that you are lacking in the character department (just as a person who bases everything on height is a person with poor character)

A valid question to ask: Is turning a person down based on not being tall enough a form of discrimination?

Obviously its not on the level of turning someone away because of their race, but basing things entirely on height is a form of discrimination.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/19/2015 8:24:25 PM
Preferring tallness isn't different from preferring brown eyes, a deep voice, a bald head, or a full head of hair. A person can't be talked out of his preferences, or be forced to "see reason". A majority of women prefer a tall man. Even short women prefer it. There must be some women who don't mind , or even like short men, because I see short men out with their SO's all the time. Yes, the dating pool is smaller for short men, but that's just he way it is.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/20/2015 7:26:22 AM

I see short men out with their SO's all the time.

I'm 5'10 and I see guys shorter than me with beautiful women all the time. I wasn't even aware of the claim that the majority of women prefer tall men until I came to this site.
 Justmytypewriter
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 10:09:38 AM

A valid question to ask: Is turning a person down based on not being tall enough a form of discrimination?

Obviously its not on the level of turning someone away because of their race, but basing things entirely on height is a form of discrimination.

This is about basic instincts (as that is what causes - or not - physical attraction) and not about reason. I can try all I want, I can still not make myself feeling physically attracted to short men (or obese men or pierced men or heavily tattooed men or men with high-pitches voices and so on). And if there is no physical attraction to begin with, why waste time trying to force it anyway? It's not discrimination. It's a matter of instinct-based preferences not a matter of discrimination. The suggestion in and by itself is ludicrous and not at all valid.

This swings both ways, by the way. Many men vastly prefer women who are significantly shorter than they are. Might play into their instinctively feeling more "manly" (for lack of better word; I don't mean it negatively nor do I mean to criticize) around shorter, possibly more petite women. And that's not a discrimination of us tall women, but it's simply a preference on their side and as such it is perfectly fine.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/20/2015 10:14:04 AM

Sure, it's discrimination - but so is everything else people check off in a search or match preferences. That's the whole purpose of the 'Search' function. Using the internet gives people the power to toggle on and off practically anything their heart desires. What makes the process difficult for so many is no matter how many ways you may match or feel you are 'compatible', you still have NO power over the choice of the other person. They always have the ability to say 'No', for any reason they want.

Whether or not it's 'enough' to cry foul is certainly a point of debate - it's a statistic nobody can really control. What people need to realize is how much of an audience gets lost from that one simple choice. It's the same discrimination when looking for only one kind of body type or hair color - you're dismissing 50 to 85% of potentials depending on what stat you choose to make a 'deal breaker'.

People lie on their profiles to 'adjust' for their audience ALL the time. It's a simple supply and demand strategy. People who are obviously overweight may "Prefer Not To Say" to avoid being eliminated, and ridiculously attractive people may decide to make themselves "BBW" or "Husky" or whatever to avoid getting hounded with too much attention. Well over 50% of the POF guys in my area list taller than 5'9" even though that's the statistical national average. It's all done to NOT get eliminated, get attention, and get a date.

You can tout integrity and honesty all you want, but this is advertising - if one method or angle doesn't work, it's quickly scrapped for another. What happens online truly doesn't matter - because it's all imaginary anyway. Dating is a REAL LIFE activity. Whatever firm stance people decide to take while online - eventually they realize it's still being done on top of a big pile of shifting sand.
 rsoxfancg
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/20/2015 10:56:43 AM
Judging on height is VERY different than judging on things like tattoos, interests, weight (in most cases), etc in that you can't really control how tall you are. All of those other things I mentioned are things you CAN control. Therefore an argument can be made that it is discrimination (albeit not even close to being on the same level as racial discrimination).

There are women who will date shorter guys, most of them aren't on dating sites. Many women on dating sites care greatly about height. Coincidence?

BTW - guys who wont date taller women are just as bad.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/20/2015 11:17:32 AM

BTW - guys who wont date taller women are just as bad.

To a point - but dating women taller than most men are definitely NOT a majority. That's comparing maybe 10 percent of women being overlooked compared to 50% or more of men. Supply and demand doesn't show as much of a need to do so.

There are women who will date shorter guys, most of them aren't on dating sites.

Proof the demand isn't there. I'd love to date someone taller - we have several gorgeous ladies around my area that are in the 6 ft range - but the 'market' of those women willing to date shorter is so small, it's practically a waste to time to pursue any of them unless they give some indication of interest themselves.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2015 11:47:09 AM

basing things entirely on height is a form of discrimination

first off, no one bases attraction on any one trait. beyond that, though, just stop. step back from this particular path of ignorance, for the sake of your own dating future.

discrimination in the context you're using assumes relevancy of the notion of fairness. there is no fairness in dating or any other expression of attraction. attraction is strictly an instinctive function of the hindbrain, while ideas like fairness are forebrain constructs. there's no application here, and if you persist in trying to force one, you'll just end up feeling persecuted for not getting the dates you want, and that leads to a feedback loop of bitterness that can only further diminish your desirability.

and besides, you're as guilty of 'discrimination' as anyone else. otherwise, every female is one you'll find attractive, including the elderly, children, the grossly overweight, the skeletally thin, those with bad skin and teeth and hair and aroma, and so on.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.