Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 101
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^^^ Bingo

Women who wear high heels are trying to increase their attractiveness. A man wearing lifts is just trying to do the same thing. What's wrong with that?
 Maleman999
Msg: 102
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 5/5/2015 10:01:36 AM

That's my opinion as a woman. Honesty is a big thing for me so it'd put me off. I know many women have said the same to me.

Hair dye is a huge business, with so many women using it. If a woman has graying hair and dyes it to hide the gray, or just decides to change the color for the hell of it, is it a lie to put down her hair color as per what the color of the dye is on the box, or should she say what the real color is-what it would be without any dye? I don't recall seeing any woman's profile that says: "My real hair color is gray/white, but I dye it [such-and-such] color to hide the true color." Is it being dishonest not to disclose it?
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/5/2015 11:32:33 AM

I like 6 inch heels on occasions

Pics, please?
 arlo2
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 12:22:07 PM
The fact is, women DO lie about their height. I have seen it, myself, many times, where I meet a girl who was supposedly 5'8" or 5'9" and she turned out to be that height in heels; while being 5'5"or 5'6" in real life. They use it as another way to screen out shorter guys. There was another thread about this.

Women also color their grey hair, wear wigs, wear "concealer" makeup, and sometimes those weird tape/string things that pull back their neck skin under their chin. Then they lie about their age.

Women wear blue/green contacts and list their eye color as blue or green. When asked about it, she says "well, I usually wear them, so... "

Women wear all kinds of special elastic minimizing support garments. Some of these are true wonders of engineering . Then they list their body type as "average" or "athletic".

Women will wear heavily padded or water/silicone filled bras, stuff their bras with "chicken cutlets", or worse, have implants, and feature them in their pictures.

So, when I hear women complain about a guy wearing some foam wedges in his shoes, I am not entirely sympathetic. If a guy can do that without "walk'n funny", more power to him :)

If a guy lists his height as 6 feet. And shows up to the date 6'3", nothing negative is said. If he shows up 5'9" he is rejected; not for his height, but, "because he lied about it". Both for the same 3 inch lie.

When a woman says "It's not X. It's that you lied about it." ... It's X :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/5/2015 1:34:10 PM
In my hometown, there is going to be a 100th birthday party next week for our former elementary school librarian. She wore 3" heels her entire life until she basically had to be in a wheelchair about age 85 or so. She was under 5 feet tall and probably never weighed more than 100 pounds, ever. I know of no other woman on this planet who ever wore elevated heels more hours out of the day, or more days out of her life. She is a severe exception to the norm.

When interviewed for the newspaper, a local sports arena manager talked about the items left behind from concerts and conventions and other sporting events. Dominating the lost-and-found is coats and jackets and other outer garments, second was cell phones, and third was ladies' high-heeled shoes. Other items don't even come close to count. Heels are a toy, an impulse purchase - because they often do cause discomfort and are simply NOT meant to last long term - not even one night.

If there is any significant lie to the idea of calculating height with heels, it's the idea that the fraction of time spent wearing heels is ALL that matters when doing the height math. It's the same delusion that the formal dining room silverware that gets used three times a year is more important than the stuff in the kitchen that gets used three times a day. Judging another human being by similar criteria speaks volumes about your decision making ability.

This is a free dating site loaded with anyone and everyone from all walks of life, and all sizes and dimensions. If you are only looking for someone that fits a 'standard' three times out of the year, how can you be sure they will be a good match the other 362 days? You can't. From the dozens of heels that get tossed aside after one concert, how can anyone take that height number as a serious 'need' and NOT some pie-in-the-sky fantasy?

It's no different making demands for a bikini body or a jet-ski or motorcycle or snowmobile. Yeah, it's great to have those toys or have someone that does, but if you only get to play with them for a few months out of the year, you HAVE to consider better what you do the REST of the year. Sometimes it means they spend too damn much time in the garage repairing stuff, or in the gym ignoring you, or working 3 jobs to pay for all the extra permits and insurance it costs to play with those toys. And they ALL take up space.

I'm just saying - when setting your gun sights on any specific target in here - it's a good idea to open both eyes and look around before pulling the trigger. There's definitely a good chance of something better getting away if you are too single-minded about your goal.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/5/2015 3:23:29 PM
Not declaring something is different to putting a height down that's knowingly incorrect.
-------------------------
Well, no it isn't, especially when you know that if you did say something, it would be a turn off. A lie of omission is still a lie if you want to be so pedantic about it. They don't ask about a lot of thing, like herpes and HIV either, but I imagine you would want to know that in advance.

----------------------------------------
Hair colour and style changes through life anyway. Most women wear makeup, you can tell in photos they're wearing makeup and I'm sure if there was a yes/no box for it women would admit to wearing it.
----------------------------------------
It's still a lie as the entire point of wearing it is to conceal what you really look like. A woman will also notice that a guy is wearing heel lifts the first time he takes off his shoes, which I would guess happens before a guy sees a woman wash her face. People here make such a big deal about such trivial shit.

-------------------------------
You'd most likely get nowhere by lying, but good luck trying!
--------------------------------
On the contrary, I got a lot of mileage from shaving a few years off of my age and it never once was a dealbreaker. If I were ever in the position of having to look for a date, again, I'd shave a few years off my age, again.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:31:56 PM

Things like breast size is irrelevant. Where does it ask to list bra size? Intimate details like that are one of the things you find out when you get to know someone. And women too might get disappointed there!

POF doesn't ask to list bra size but a man can still put in his profile that he prefers busty women. A guy could determine a woman's breast size from her pics, or when he meets her in person- it's not necessarily an intimate detail, it's pretty hard to disguise. On the other hand, it's more difficult for a woman to determine how well endowed a man is.
 cooldog65
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 5:50:07 PM
charlyloulou...
No idea why some guys are turning this into a gender debate.

I don't know why either. I like what you have said on this topic so far.

Height is one of those things we can't control. Make the best of everything else you have to better your chances.

That's life.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/5/2015 6:21:13 PM
I would not care if a man wore footwear that made him appear taller.

I would care if he lied about his height. I would care if he lied about his age. I would care if he lied about anything that has a quantifiable answer.

The lie of omission? Kind of a bullshit argument. You cannot reasonably expect to learn everything about a person from a dating profile, or even after knowing him for a short time. Therefore, the lie of omission could be interpreted to mean anything that simply hasn't come up, or even something that is simply not a topic for casual conversation in the early stages of knowing someone.
 arlo2
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2015 9:31:50 PM

Things like breast size is irrelevant.

If that were true, there would be no market for push-up bras, padded bras, water bras, silicone filled bras, inflatable bras, chicken-cutlet bra inserts, or saline/silicone implants, et al.

It's a growth industry :)

I would care if he lied about his height. I would care if he lied about his age.

About 75% of the women that I have been out with, of late, have lied about their age. About 30% of them lied about their height. That makes 105% liars :)
 arlo2
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 1:06:30 AM

Again, you're making this an attack on women.

Not at all. Just pointing out that women are AT LEAST as dishonest as men are in these matters. They just decide that their own lies are "irrelevant", etc. It's ok. It's expected. Just don't expect to be taken seriously when you complain about men doing the exact same thing.

Breasts are irrelevant to the argument...

Ummm... no. A woman misrepresenting the size of her breasts by populating her profile with pictures of her using any of the previously mentioned devices is about on par with a man fudging his height and wearing "lifts". Both are lying for their own benefit.

Maybe they deserve each other :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/6/2015 10:23:54 AM
Misrepresentation happens dozens of different ways. Height and age are the most simple and basic and easy to disprove. It's a second grade math problem to find out the truth. Clothing sizes are a little more complicated - like fourth or fifth grade - maybe. Finding out the reasons behind an alcohol addiction or depression or an anger management issue take a lot more work, and even trained professionals refuse to see those issues in themselves sometimes.

I'm not ever going to claim that lying is 'right' or a good thing. I'm just saying that the reason why 80% of the guys in my area are 'above average' height isn't exclusively about a choice to be deceptive - it's because being ignored in here is worse. The small handful of women in my area that have posted makeup-free pictures in their profiles is something like 14 out of 2700 - that's a very rough guess, but does that make 99.5% of women deceptive? Of course not. It's expected that women do what they can to enhance themselves to garner attention and thus find a better mate.

What I don't understand is why 'enhancing' a profile via the numbers is still considered 'evil' compared to all the other ridiculous measures and camera angles people use to make themselves look better. It's about the cheapest and quickest fix possible for the return on 'investment'. If you want to scream and rant to proclaim to the high heavens that, "A lie is still a lie.", then keep that notion in mind the next time you put on makeup, or color your hair, or wear underwear that squeezes the middle a little tighter or forces the boobs out further. Those measures might have taken a wee bit more effort, but it's still nothing in terms of cost, time and pain compared to femur leg bone extension surgery.
 ThePig0fYourDreams
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/6/2015 12:05:20 PM

Some men come across as very bitter on this forum.

No way. Surely you jest?
 cooldog65
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2015 5:55:05 PM
Hopefully, nobody has experienced this...

https://youtu.be/0eUdk0YVHZM
 newoldgirl
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/6/2015 7:40:04 PM

About 75% of the women that I have been out with, of late, have lied about their age. About 30% of them lied about their height. That makes 105% liars :)

LOL..those are frightening statistics to be sure.

I see no point in lying about my age. If a man doesn't want to date a 49 year old woman, I am not about to go on a mission to convince him otherwise.

Prior to meeting a man, I send recent, clear photos. I rarely wear heels, so I am unlikely to "pretend" to be taller.

I have met some men who clearly lied about their height. It pissed me off. Not a good start.
 usernonymous
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/31/2015 4:35:45 AM
I find it interesting that 3 to 4 inches can stand between attractive and not attractive. Thats why I prefer the bars to pof, there its often about the qualitative, not the quantitative.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/31/2015 4:50:33 AM
^^I am certain you have your own preferences that pertain to height, age, weight...
 Luz1147
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/31/2015 12:26:47 PM
I guess it depends on the girl and also how tall the guy actually is. If you're 5'10 and used lifts to look a little taller that's not a big deal to me. If you are 5'6 and used lifts to be a little taller I'd be upset and feel duped. But that's mostly because I'm very attracted to taller guys. It's kind of a "thing" for me. But maybe another girl who pays little attention to height or doesn't think it's a big deal, could get over lifts. I guess it's a case by case kinda thing.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/5/2015 11:03:50 AM
The thing that I don't like is that some people assume that all short men must be angry or have big attitudes. There's no proof that tall people have any better attitudes than short people.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2015 9:43:56 PM
usernonymous

A man who is 5'6" compared to a guy who is 5'10" is like a woman who is either the more desirable slim or just average. 3-4 inches or 3-4 kilos....Works both ways. So be it. We want what we want.

If you meet women in the artificial atmosphere of a bar where alcohol skews the perceptions and sense of discrimination and you continue to date them in the cold harsh light of day, then by all means get off the dating sites and just frequent the bars.

Plenty of shorter men marry and have children. The Asian mail order bride, for instance, petite and tiny, are often happy to marry a shorter guy for his other assets and advantages.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/8/2015 10:11:19 AM

Plenty of shorter men marry and have children.

Exactly, my own dad is one of them, he's shorter than my mother was. I guess I inherited the taller gene from my mother. I don't know why it is that online dating attracts so many women with preferences for tall men but out in the real world short men do stand a chance- just look around.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/8/2015 12:24:09 PM

I guess it depends on the girl and also how tall the guy actually is. If you're 5'10 and used lifts to look a little taller that's not a big deal to me. If you are 5'6 and used lifts to be a little taller I'd be upset and feel duped. But that's mostly because I'm very attracted to taller guys. It's kind of a "thing" for me.

It's no big mystery. The median height in the US is about 5' 9-1/2" or 5' 10" depending on your census sources. That pretty much means anyone taller than 5' 10" is 'above' average. Given the environment of internet dating and the constant search for better, taller, richer or stronger than the last person, the difference between hits on internet searches being 5' 9" or shorter and being 5' 10" or over is like the difference between shooting a bullet - or throwing it.

Maybe that's a little over-dramatic - I'm sure there are other search categories that suffer from the same fate - but few are quantifiable by the numbers as easily as height or age. People may be OK with someone below what they consider 'average' but unless they tell the websites' search engine to actually TRY looking for sub-par people, there's a large portion of the audience that gets ignored. Doing online dating searches for people above or below a certain age, height, body type or income level - there's usually a line of distinction where numbers dramatically change. It's reflecting the demands of the 'market' just as much as it reflects the 'need' of each individual person.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/10/2015 1:06:14 AM
I guess it depends on the girl and also how tall the guy actually is. If you're 5'10 and used lifts to look a little taller that's not a big deal to me. If you are 5'6 and used lifts to be a little taller I'd be upset and feel duped.
------------------------
I'mm5'10" and I wouldn't see the point in wearing lifts. Most women are shorter and the fact is, what matters is whether a guy looks "tall enough." People don't carry around measuring tapes and the only reason anyone says 6' is because it's a round number. (If you think otherwise, try the exercise in meters.)

I've gone out with women who put that down in their profiles, and it was never a problem. No one ever asked to check. On the other hand, someone who is 5'6" and uses lifts to gain an inch or so or cheats by an inch on his profile, is basically just beating numerical bias, since a woman who is 5'2" is unlikely to be able to tell the difference without a measuring tape.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/10/2015 3:36:04 PM
I figure if women are including heels in their height, then I'll list my height with shoes on.

We're not meeting barefoot yet, right?
 Maleman999
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/11/2015 7:22:42 AM
"I figure if women are including heels in their height..."

I guess it would be fair then for short guys to have their height listed when on a pogo stick.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.