Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 overunity
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
A pogo stick in Clearwater?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 127
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 6/11/2015 7:51:07 AM

I guess it depends on the girl and also how tall the guy actually is. If you're 5'10 and used lifts to look a little taller that's not a big deal to me. If you are 5'6 and used lifts to be a little taller I'd be upset and feel duped. But that's mostly because I'm very attracted to taller guys. It's kind of a "thing" for me. But maybe another girl who pays little attention to height or doesn't think it's a big deal, could get over lifts. I guess it's a case by case kinda thing.

You know that doesn't make a lot of sense.

You are OK being duped by a taller man but not OK being duped by a shorter man.

I agree, it is a case sort of thing.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 128
Posted: 6/11/2015 7:56:42 AM
I get the feeling women that are mainly attracted to men because they are taller are flaker than average.

I may not want a LTR with many women I date, but in general they were all decent women that no doubt someone else would love to be in a LTR with. I always wondered why some men tend to meet a lot of fakes and posers. Maybe this is part of the answer.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/12/2015 8:12:32 AM

I may not want a LTR with many women I date, but in general they were all decent women that no doubt someone else would love to be in a LTR with. I always wondered why some men tend to meet a lot of fakes and posers. Maybe this is part of the answer.

I have generally met decent men online. For the most part, they were pretty much as they represented themselves to be, with ONE exception. MOST of them lied about their height. I expect it now.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/12/2015 8:38:36 AM

I have generally met decent men online. For the most part, they were pretty much as they represented themselves to be, with ONE exception. MOST of them lied about their height. I expect it now.

Height is pretty obvious, so you notice it more. But age and income are very popular lies told by men in online dating, income seems to be the most popular lie. How can you find out their true income or age if it isn't obvious when meeting them?

Different studies claim different stats. Like one says 33% of men lie about their age and only 22% lie about height.

http://www.ayi.com/dating-blog/ayi-top-online-dating-profile-lies/

Some studies say women lie about 10% more than men, some say men lie more, it all depends on who conducted the study. IMO close enough to make it equal. No study claims height is the top lie told by men, some say age, some say income.

BUT Age

Sex advice columnist extraordinaire Dan Savage has stated he assumes every man with an online profile is probably two to five years older than he actually is.

This is a fair assumption to make even if I think the percentage of men lying about their age online isn’t quite as numerous as Savage suggests and is likely more common among daters in their 30s, 40s and 50s than among seniors and 20-somethings.

Top 10 Lies Told by Men 1. Job (better than it is)
2. Height (taller)
3. Weight (losing a few pounds)
4. Physique (athletic)
5. Money
6. More senior than they really are at work
7. Interesting profession
8. Knowing celebrities
9. Having an assistant or employees
10. Working in the film industry

Top 10 Lies Told by Women 1. Weight (losing a few pounds)
2. Age (losing a few years)
3. Physique (toned)
4. Height
5. Money
6. Bust (gaining proportions)
7. Glamorous profession
8. Knowing celebrities
10. Working in entertainment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-hodge/online-dating-lies_b_1930053.html

OK cupid has the most interesting data, showing men always outnumber women in up loading older pictures, and the older the man, the more out of date their pictures are. At age 47 the out of date pictures really start to take off for men.

http://blog..com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/

I never lied about age or height, income for me is very variable year to year and I would tend to pick the best years as income.

But I never had an incentive to lie since I found it easier to date online than IRL. Maybe I was just lucky, hard to know since I don't typically date a long time before falling into a LT relationship.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/13/2015 11:01:46 AM
It may simply be a 'preference', but the computer search algorithms treat those preferences as 'law' because they are designed to. If you can be flexible with your preferences, you have to let the dating site know it so it can do a better search.

Sites like Match.com where Min and Max height preferences are listed, as well as preferences for income and such can be surveyed and added up. It doesn't take a lot of entries to understand that whatever the person's personal perspective may be on what is 'average', they want a partner who is ABOVE that line, in just about every category. Each person has a unique perspective on 'average', but gather enough data and you can clearly see numbers across the board where being under the national census average for height or income or whatever is the kiss of death when it comes to online dating.

New hits or 'looks' to a profile for myself at 5' 8" are pretty mediocre, but they increase close to three-fold if I lie and say I'm above the national average height at 5' 10" tall. 6 feet slightly better - it's a 'nice' round number. They decrease to almost nothing if I say I am 5' 4".

Profiles are personals ADVERTISING. They are meant to portray an image to get your interest - either to buy a product, or at least go to the store and check it out. It doesn't matter what people use as an image to get your interest, so long as it works. If being short is not going to get any attention, people are going to change it, or at least play down the bad traits and sell up the other traits that can help them get more attention. It's no different than a gal who may not be slim taking a photo from directly above their head so all you can see is cleavage and a face. They are refusing to show the whole body image because they KNOW they are below-average, or at least below what most men desire. Refusing to show the bad parts of a product is done ALL the time when selling it. How many used automobile dealers list the factory part recalls as a selling point for a specific vehicle? It doesn't happen.

Several profiles refuse to give ANY specific details about themselves, or show any decent pictures - instead insisting, 'They will know it when they find it" - and there's a reason why the number of those vague profiles is growing. People fear advertising the wrong thing so they stop advertising ANYthing. All that's left are pictures. There's a reason why simple basic photo sites like Tinder is growing, and a reason why the best way to stop being harassed from online dating messages is to drop your photos first.

You can keep raising your expectations out of fear of getting a bad product, but people are adjusting to the demand of the market all the time. There's a reason why over 80 percent of the O.L.D. guys in my neighborhood list themselves as above-average height instead of 50 percent. People are going to advertise whatever the hell they want - because if they are not getting dates, or getting the dates they want, stuff is gonna change - and the truth truly does not matter.

What matters is REAL LIFE, and all of this online dating stuff is NOT real life - it's advertising. Getting a person to meet in real life means that whatever got posted online WORKED, and it's mission is complete. After you meet in real life, THAT is when dating really begins - and whatever happened to be online becomes utterly and totally irrelevant. People need to learn that. People need to stop falling in love with computer images and text messages. People need to stop and realize that lengthy online correspondences create imagined, FICTIONAL images of what that person is really like - not necessarily the truth. Nothing is 'Real' until you meet. Nothing.
 south_city
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:13:15 AM

Top 10 Lies Told by Men 1. Job (better than it is)
2. Height (taller)
3. Weight (losing a few pounds)
4. Physique (athletic)
5. Money
6. More senior than they really are at work
7. Interesting profession
8. Knowing celebrities
10. Working in the film industry

I would think that age is on that list. Possibly top 5.

Top 10 Lies Told by Women 1. Weight (losing a few pounds)
2. Age (losing a few years)
3. Physique (toned)
4. Height
5. Money
6. Bust (gaining proportions)
7. Glamorous profession
8. Knowing celebrities
10. Working in entertainment

I agree that weight / age are the things that women lie the most about.

I also think lying or exaggerating about interests / hobbies are in the top 10 for both genders. I have went out on dates with women that claimed to be big sports fans. When they actually had modest knowledge about sports.
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 133
Posted: 7/16/2015 7:47:17 AM
My s.o. is shorter than me. He also has a (mild) neurological impairment which has affected his mobility slightly.

What matters is REAL LIFE, and all of this online dating stuff is NOT real life - it's advertising. Getting a person to meet in real life means that whatever got posted online WORKED, and it's mission is complete. After you meet in real life, THAT is when dating really begins - and whatever happened to be online becomes utterly and totally irrelevant. People need to learn that. People need to stop falling in love with computer images and text messages. People need to stop and realize that lengthy online correspondences create imagined, FICTIONAL images of what that person is really like - not necessarily the truth. Nothing is 'Real' until you meet. Nothing.

+1

dragonbytes
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/25/2015 4:36:21 AM

I still don't really get why gender is brought up at all. It's never OK to lie, no matter what gender. It's not setting a very good first impression.

Men and women lie about different things, that is why gender is brought up.

It's not a good first impression ONLY if the lie is easily discovered.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:18:00 AM
south city

Just like the average joe who wants the hot slim woman as he states on a dating site or infers. Just wishlists and fantasies.' In real life we may have to settle for less than what we really desire and can get.
 south_city
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/25/2015 12:52:05 PM

Things like exaggerating about interests, they might have actually considered themselves big sports fans, things like that are subjective.

Maybe to some extent. But if a person doesn't know some of the basic rules about a particular sport, then (s)he is clearly a casual fan at best. Same thing can apply with weight / body type. Some people may claim to be a "few pounds overweight" when they clearly have a huge gut.

Heights and ages are measurable and you're knowingly putting down something you know to be wrong.

Depends on how much. If a 5' 11" or 5' 10" man lists himself as 6 ft tall, a woman may not notice the 1-2 inches. Unless she is very tall. Same thing with a 47 year old woman listing her age as 45 or 46. It's the blatant lies that are noticeable.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/25/2015 1:04:54 PM
I can say for men but when I was browsing women's profiles I found a lot of them would avoid having to answer questions they didn't want to. They would put prefer not to say if they had a car, would list their occupation as just "I work" and if they mentioned they were a few pounds over weight a lot of times they wouldn't post a full body pic. This is not necessarily lying but it's avoiding revealing information about themselves. I'm sure men also do the same thing.
 Maleman999
Msg: 138
Posted: 7/25/2015 2:30:15 PM
It looks like the only place where height and weight wouldn't matter is in the space station, where the astronauts are floating around in weightlessness, and it's hard to tell how tall someone is when they're floating by in any and every position. There have been female astronauts who have gone into space. I wonder if they ask their fellow astronauts: "Does this space suit make me look fat?"
 south_city
Msg: 139
Posted: 7/25/2015 6:15:48 PM

I can say for men but when I was browsing women's profiles I found a lot of them would avoid having to answer questions they didn't want to. They would put prefer not to say if they had a car, would list their occupation as just "I work" and if they mentioned they were a few pounds over weight a lot of times they wouldn't post a full body pic. This is not necessarily lying but it's avoiding revealing information about themselves. I'm sure men also do the same thing.

That could be considered a "lie by omission". In particular not having a full body photo. That person is leaving out info that can have an impact on whether another person would be interested or not.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:24:35 AM

It's not all women that have a preference for height.

They all do. Does a woman who's 5'10" have no preference whether a guy's 5'7" or 6'2"? Of course. Does a woman who's 5'4" have no preference whether a guy's 5'2" or 5'10"? Of course.

For me, I love the feeling of being smaller and feeling protected by a taller and bigger man.

That's just not a "for me" thing. It'd be more a "for me" thing if you said "I don't mind a guy who's my height or a little shorter and wasn't that much bigger than me in every other aspect." Yours may be to a higher degree than an average woman, but how you describe it is pretty much a preference. How strong that preference is, varies -- and other attributes can play a factor, etc.

I have more chemistry with taller men and I want a relationship with chemistry. It's not that I instantly find shorter men unattractive but I've learnt what I like and want.

Yes, it's called raw Sexual Attraction, just like anything else. I love how it's put as if it's not about sexual attraction but "chemistry", nicely described to avoid superficiality. It's basically the same as relatively large breasts. A guy can describe it as "I have my chemistry with prettier or large breasted women and I want a relationship with chemistry. It's not that I instantly find average Janes or flat girls unattractive, but I've learnt what I like and want." :)

I can say for men but when I was browsing women's profiles I found a lot of them would avoid having to answer questions they didn't want to. They would put prefer not to say if they had a car, would list their occupation as just "I work" and if they mentioned they were a few pounds over weight a lot of times they wouldn't post a full body pic.
That could be considered a "lie by omission".

I wouldn't say that though. Lying by omissions means you're giving a false impression that you are or aren't something by not saying anything. If she put a few extra pounds, then likely she fits that demographic of the typical look (which can be anywhere from pretty chubby to a biggin). It'd be more like "Well, I want to see by how much!" And Prefer not to say on whether they have a car -- that's not leading someone on by any false impression that they do have a car.

I think those yearn for asking them about it, and, as you say -- leaving out info can impact whether or not another person would be interested.
 south_city
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/26/2015 9:29:29 AM

I wouldn't say that though. Lying by omissions means you're giving a false impression that you are or aren't something by not saying anything. If she put a few extra pounds, then likely she fits that demographic of the typical look (which can be anywhere from pretty chubby to a biggin). It'd be more like "Well, I want to see by how much!" And Prefer not to say on whether they have a car -- that's not leading someone on by any false impression that they do have a car.

If a woman ( or man ) claims to be a "few extra pounds", only has face photos and she is clearly obese when you see her in person, then I consider that to be a form of lying or dishonesty. She should have put BBW and/or have full body photos. Weight can be subjective to some extent. But not when it's obvious that a person has a big gut.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 12:49:02 PM

Well 'prettier' is subjective, as what one person finds pretty another doesn't

Yeah, but it's not random like a favorite number. It's not like what your statement may imply, when it comes to notable things like comparative height, body type, symmetry, etc.

Chemistry, or sexual attraction, whatever you want to call it (if you're being pedantic), is important in relationships.

Well, it's not on a technicality in the context in which you put it, tho. :) Saying one finds great chemistry when [insert sexual attractive quality here] .... it's just the by-product of sexual attraction churning. :) But yes, sexual attraction is important in relationships, yes. My whole thing was just "let's call a spade, a spade -- and avoid PC lingo".

The question was is a man ok to wear lifts and put that height in his profile. I stand by the answer of no as to me it's a lie.

It's as bad as a gal putting her height with she in her non-huge heels that she may wear day-to-day. Now, she may not do so to be feel more attractive if she's close to average height... but it's not far out there with those who aren't, and to those who see guys shorter than they really are, so they may put their estimated height with 2-inch heels up there to back off the short dudes. That can start a "how tall am I in my shoes" cold-war, which I would say both parties are equally lying.

If a woman ( or man ) claims to be a "few extra pounds", only has face photos and she is clearly obese when you see her in person, then I consider that to be a form of lying or dishonesty.

I wouldn't, if she fits the expected WIDE RANGE (no pun intended) of "a few extra pounds". She can still be quite fat and not being dishonest by "a few extra pounds". Otherwise, if you wanted to get real specific, most gals (and guys) putting Average are lying, as Average denotes LESS than a few extra pounds.

I think a guy can get burned when he sees "a few extra pounds" on a gal, only face-shots -- and those face-shots make her look pretty and not all that big -- but then meeting her and he sees she's bigger than her facial shot indicated. I've ran into that. BUT, I did have to say that's my fault though -- basing it purely on the face-shot which is her prettier part. She DID put "a few extra pounds", which basically is to be expected = Fat -- especially when combined with face-shots only, it should take NOBODY by surprise. Now, if she put "Average" -- yeah, then I would say she was being deceptive.
 south_city
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/26/2015 6:02:28 PM

I wouldn't, if she fits the expected WIDE RANGE (no pun intended) of "a few extra pounds". She can still be quite fat and not being dishonest by "a few extra pounds". Otherwise, if you wanted to get real specific, most gals (and guys) putting Average are lying, as Average denotes LESS than a few extra pounds.

If there was just 1 category for overweight people, then I would agree that it can cover a wide range from literally 5 pounds overweight to morbidly obese. I think the purpose of having both "few extra pounds" and "BBW" is to make the distinction between chubby / somewhat overweight and obese.
 Maleman999
Msg: 144
Posted: 7/26/2015 7:03:07 PM

I think the purpose of having both "few extra pounds" and "BBW" is to make the distinction between chubby / somewhat overweight and obese.

I always had a problem with the term BBW. Are we talking someone that's built like a tyrannosaurus rex? Is it someone who could be skinny, but has gorilla length arms and giraffe legs? How did their bones grow bigger than normal?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 145
Posted: 7/26/2015 7:16:07 PM
Much of this confusion could be solved if people were required to include their actual weight, instead of "average, few extra pounds, etc."

Until you meet them in person and realize that they lied, same as when people lie about their height, etc.

Bottom line is, we would not be having this discussion if people were honest in their profiles.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2015 8:00:35 PM

Right, I just think you're just being pedantic here to be honest ;)

Alright, let me try and make it more clear as it's about how the word Chemistry is being applied that's notable Different:

Normal Application Version: "Yeah, I had a great date with Bobby. We have a lot in common, everything flowed -- it was great. Lots of chemistry we had when we talked online and on the phone, and even met in person -- but, (sigh), he's too short, and I'm not that physically attracted, even though we're otherwise on the same wavelength with good chemistry otherwise..."

Your Application Version (a crude version tho): "Yeah, the date didn't go so well with Veronica. So I meet this babe, and she's got NO boobs. None. I mean, a gal's gotta have a huge set of knockers for me to have chemistry, ya know what I'm saying? So yeah, I got no chemistry with the flat-chesters. Maybe I'll hand her off to Bobby -- he's got no height, he's short.... I think they'd have good chemistry."

If there was just 1 category for overweight people, then I would agree that it can cover a wide range from literally 5 pounds overweight to morbidly obese. I think the purpose of having both "few extra pounds" and "BBW" is to make the distinction between chubby / somewhat overweight and obese.

If the gal looked like Jabba the Hut, yeah -- I agree -- "A Few Extra Pounds" is false by her, regardless of what photos posted. But let's say you never met her, and were leisurely leafing thru random profiles and you saw a full body pic of her. Would you have thought "Oh, no way babe -- you're a BBW. Total lie there..."? If not, and you just think that it's another 'fat gal' at a '(cough) few (cough) extra pounds' -- nothing surprising -- then I would say that if her facial-only shots were accurate in person -- she didn't pull a fast one.

I'd turn to you and say "Hey, she's not pushing the envelope on the usage of 'A Few Extra Lbs' compared to how it's commonly used throughout. She's not a whale, she's just a standard fat chick. You jumped the gun in assumptions forgetting that, as her neck-up-only pics made you forget that, as she looks more like she could have selected Average based on that, and you ran with it. IMO, that ball's in your court. If she had a thin face and face-only pics, and she selected Average, and you're into thin girls only, and meet her and she's not skinny but what a common gal would select as Average, she didn't fool ya -- you fooled yourself on what to expect!" :)

They do need better body-categories... like:
- Slim/Thin
- Athletic/Muscular/Toned
- Not overweight
- A little overweight
- Overweight
- BBW
- I Eat BBWs for breakfast
 tangofish
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 7/27/2015 8:54:24 AM
It means you gotta be this tall, to ride. And if the peanut man is holding his hand above your head - the rollercoaster... Well you get the idea.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 148
Posted: 7/27/2015 10:23:33 AM

They do need better body-categories... like:
... - I Eat BBWs for breakfast

Body shape is always and forever going to be left up to individual interpretation. It means what you think and what they think never HAVE to be the same thing. The only way to be 'honest' about body shape is to list a number - your actual weight - and for some, it fluctuates several pounds through a week. Maybe list the range to 25 pound increments?

Now the fun part - people doing a lot of strength training may put on a lot of muscle weight without shedding a lot of fat. They can be +15-25 pounds more than they look, even in a current photo. What internet stranger is going to believe they are legitimate?

Face it - people a lot of times don't even know what they want - size or otherwise - they just turn down and flee from anything they cannot understand to avoid any risk. People are lazy and fearful and don't want to stick their neck out for anything. A couple bad experiences and the butterfly wants to hide back in the cocoon forever. It's pathetic. People can't find a common ground with their opinions because they can't even agree what's best for themselves. Every rule in here has exceptions.

Bottom line is, we would not be having this discussion if people were honest in their profiles.

If you think the debate wouldn't be an issue if people stayed honest with their profiles, then I will ask; how do you make people honest about their expectations?
There's a reason why MORE than half the online dating people in here list above-average income, height and physical shape to get dates. They HAVE to. Nobody is being forced to search for below average anything, so they don't. By the law of averages, that means half the people in here can, and probably are, completely ignored. How are they supposed to deal with the law of supply and demand? Ignore it and wait for their fairy godmother to show up?
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/27/2015 11:09:54 AM
The few women that I've met from this site didn't look anything like their photos.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/27/2015 1:42:13 PM
Now the fun part - people doing a lot of strength training may put on a lot of muscle weight without shedding a lot of fat. They can be +15-25 pounds more than they look, even in a current photo. What internet stranger is going to believe they are legitimate?
----------
Any one of them that happens to see the shirtless pic the guy with a great physique ought to have enough common sense to post.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.