Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 174
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
The only thing that seems weird in women's preferences for height is that very short women seem to often be attracted to very tall guys, while women who are a little taller than average, say 5'6 -5'9 seem to be a lot more flexible on height.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.
Posted: 9/21/2015 2:07:24 AM

I prefer men who are taller than me - but I'm only 5'4", so most of them are, and I don't wear high heels that much, and when I do, they are not super high, because I'm a klutz and would break an ankle. I really like it a lot if a man is 5'11" or taller though - just makes me feel good.

That's sort of being nice/PC -- then laying it out how it really is in the end. :) As you say, you want guys 5'10" - 6'3", but that isn't merely guys "who are taller than me". That's "guys who are at Least a half foot taller than me." Big difference, especially when you don't wear big heels or anything (and many guys' shoes can be ~1" heels, btw).

The reason it makes you feel good -- not merely comfortable (like a guy Not being 6'7" or Not being 5'0") -- is not about how he compares to you really... but how he compares to Other Guys. That you got at Least a sufficient catch. Not that one's consciously thinking about this at all or would have to... much like when we judge one's facial beauty, we aren't thinking geometry & symmetry analysis.

One can go on Match and view gals' heights and the heights they prefer in a guy. Gals who are a kinda short (5'2", 5'3") -- their average preference in guys' minimal height won't be much different than average height girls'. There's not a uniform line drawn of girls' minimum height requirements (like roughly 3.5" taller or something). It's much closer grouped together.

In a nutshell, they don't want a shorter guy in the room. Now, you'll see that IRL sometimes. Mainly because it sticks out, which gives one the illusion it's more popular than it is, statistically. But notably when it comes to ONLINE dating -- initial stranger vs stranger -- it's going to mean a lot more. The shorter guy & taller gal is much more likely between two people who already have had a social connection, then something developed (but still rare statistically; notably at younger ages).

More common is an average height 5'4" gal who wants a guy who's 5'11" or taller, while a gal who's 5'8" has roughly the same requirements -- but in the end, that 5'4" gal will be fine with a guy who's 5'9" in his shoes (5'8.5" barefoot), him being friends-of-friends and getting to know one another, etc. For those who have "stories" and such -- again, don't base society stats on that. Start counting in real life (a good way to pass time in mall watching), and count a lot on multiple days in multiple places where middle-class, regular people from 20-50 are walking around, holding hands. Don't count people who you Think are together. :)
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 176
Posted: 9/21/2015 6:25:09 AM

I could care less what a guy's height is; and I'm another of those dreaded 5'4 ers... but am very rarely 5'4 because I always wear heels
..........................I don't just wear them because I love them; I wear them because it is literally uncomfortable for my feet to not be in that foot position; ................

Exactly!!!!!
 usernonymous
Msg: 177
Posted: 5/15/2016 4:48:14 AM
@letitialegrande. A bar is more real of an atmosphere than a dating site, where all you see are some pictures and a sentence or two and are judged based on that. The truth is women (and men I'm sure) on dating sites are often different that what they are in real life because they show an optimized self, usually from years gone by. And at bars, even though you may start with the eyes, it quickly works or doesn't based on more qualitative features such as the what you say and how you present yourself.

Alcohol isn't a perception skewer, if you drink modestly, it can be a door opener. Most women I meet at bars aren't wasted out of their minds, nor am I. If you arent attractive when I'm sober, it doesn't change when I'm drunk because I meet to date, not for a one night stand.

And most men don't judge women over 3 to 4 kilos because most men cant tell the difference between a woman who is 45 kg or 48kg. But women can sure tell the difference between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 9 because most women I've met would prefer to be with a man who is taller if all they have is a profile on a computer to go by.

And why would I get off dating sites? Just because my preference and what I've succeeded at, has happened more in the real world, doesn't mean I am not going to stop advertising myself to the desired audience as much as I can.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2016 7:32:21 PM

that genetically a man is 4" taller than a woman

For US white females/males, it's about 6" difference (5'4.5" vs 5'10" or 5'10.5"). I understand that a non-tall gal would strongly want the guy to be at least as tall as she in her common heels, and if only level off about the same height, she would be very picky about him (notably about his body-type to compensate). I can see that as an ideal thing, being around 6" taller if she wears 4" heels a lot.

But IMO, if she has an attraction demand beyond a guy being as tall as her in really high heels (4") -- she has to realize that she's in no position to call a guy superficial about chest size, slenderness, and other size-related things that attribute to her femininity.

Alcohol isn't a perception skewer, if you drink modestly, it can be a door opener. Most women I meet at bars aren't wasted out of their minds, nor am I. If you arent attractive when I'm sober, it doesn't change when I'm drunk because I meet to date, not for a one night stand.

I agree with this...

And most men don't judge women over 3 to 4 kilos because most men cant tell the difference between a woman who is 45 kg or 48kg. But women can sure tell the difference between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 9 because most women I've met would prefer to be with a man who is taller if all they have is a profile on a computer to go by.

Yep. Most women prefer to be with a man who's taller, profile or no profile. I think it just becomes a bigger factor online as guys can stretch the truth... and when it comes to people you don't know, your attraction's going to be more on the animalistic level in which to give it a chance... so they'll be more stringent on height VS someone they already know.
 arlo2
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2016 8:22:15 PM

A bar is more real of an atmosphere ...

Only at sea level.
 Stellan77
Msg: 180
Posted: 5/15/2016 8:28:00 PM

A 5'4" woman having the kid of a 6'3" man will have girls based on 5'7.5" and boys at 5'11.5" and so forth. Asking for more is reaching; asking for less is settling, if you are hung up on height in one sense.

One of the most idiotic reasons I've heard from some women why they don't want to date shorter men is that they want to give their sons the chance to be tall. Being tall isn't the end all in life -- it doesn't include brains, good looks, social skills, work ethic, etc. Shorter men can be successful. Height is not always predeterimed by how tall your parents are. My dad is 5'6 and my mother was 5'8 - I grew to 5'10. Based on their height on should have been 5'7. My sister is also 5'7, which is 3 inches taller than the average female.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 181
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:36:31 AM

It's not all women that have a preference for height.

They all do.

I have a mild preference for a taller man. But I can overlook height if I liked other qualities about him. Overall many women probably have some type of preference or requirement for a taller man. Not all though. I know women that don't care about height.
 south_city
Msg: 182
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:51:28 AM

I have a mild preference for a taller man. But I can overlook height if I liked other qualities about him. Overall many women probably have some type of preference or requirement for a taller man. Not all though. I know women that don't care about height.

From what I have seen, most women online want a taller man. OLD sites like Match have a section where a person can put the preferred height. A woman's minimum height requirement is almost always taller than what she is. Sometimes it is several inches taller than she is. Offline women ( in general ) are more flexible about height. OLD often raises people expectation levels due to having more potential options.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2016 3:56:41 PM

One of the most idiotic reasons I've heard from some women why they don't want to date shorter men is that they want to give their sons the chance to be tall.

Yeah, I think usually that's to justify why they're attracted to them. It's not like they'd be turning down Tom Cruise because they want their son to be taller. It's what they're sexually attracted to... but don't want it to sound bad, I guess.

I have a mild preference for a taller man. But I can overlook height if I liked other qualities about him.

I think to some degree that can be a case, but many times a gal won't know other qualities about him when people-watching. But yeah, women in general are less stringent on the height thing when they truly know the guy. It's still a factor, but it becomes back down to normal if it otherwise wasn't, generally speaking. For many women once they know him, as long as he's not shorter than she [in heels] and isn't noticeably one of The short guys in the room, it's not a big deal. But for short guys, they don't necessarily pass even that test. So they would have to find a gal where it statistically matters much less and/or she'd be otherwise ga-ga about him or something.
 lucidbarrier
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2016 2:41:56 AM

Can you imagine the wedding night surprises???

Her: OMG you're a midget
Him: WTF an A cup???????????

LOL! Match made in heaven!

I'm 6'2" and trust me, being tall definitely has it's advantages but also there are tradeoffs. Hitting your knees on car interiors or restaurant table poles, people leaving the cupboards open so you can ram your head into the corner, shower heads shooting water at your chest, having to wait for the freakishly-tall seat at amusement park rides to come around, tons of short women that don't like tall guys, having sexy legs for a guy, the list goes on and on.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/29/2017 5:16:38 PM
Yes how many inches do heels add to a ladies height? Any how heels are very bad for feet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgV4t7FXGmQ
https://www.verywell.com/high-heeled-shoes-bad-for-the-body-1337771
Oh wow...sounds very bad indeed...glad I don't wear heels

High arched feet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zJ30nEsZ1U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQjrucSRz3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43tLpZO8-00
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 12:17:18 PM

I'm 6'2" and trust me, being tall definitely has it's advantages but also there are tradeoffs. Hitting your knees on car interiors or restaurant table poles, people leaving the cupboards open so you can ram your head into the corner, shower heads shooting water at your chest, having to wait for the freakishly-tall seat at amusement park rides to come around, tons of short women that don't like tall guys, having sexy legs for a guy, the list goes on and on.

That's a really really Weak argument though. It's like trying to make a midget feel better by saying "Oh, it balances itself out. Tradeoffs! You can crawl into small holes that other people can't get to, to save a kitten... You can dart around underneath people's radar to get away..." :)

You're 6'2", not 6'9". Everything isn't anti-form-fitted to you; you're not freakishly tall, hence it's not going to be common for you to need freakishly tall versions of this or that in life. Again, 6'2" not 6'9". :) One doesn't need to be even above average height to bump their head into open cupboards, have to make adjustments to a shower head (they do vary)...

And "tons of short women don't like tall guys" -- umm, more short gals are not going to like a guy under 5'8" than not like a guy who's 6'2". You have a better advantage @6'2", Hands. Down. :) And "having sexy legs for a guy" -- OK, how is that a bad thing? And how does 6'2" make that happen, as opposed to 5'10" -- the average white-male height in the US?

It's sweet, but I think you're trying to be too nice to short guys by exaggerating the "pitfalls" of being 6'2". :)
 A_Good_Man_Is_Here
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 5:20:06 AM
Everyone is entitled to have their own personal preferences. But I think if your criteria is that "he must be taller than me while I'm standing on two literal artificial heighteners", you're severely limiting your dating options while unwittingly planning to be alone for a very, very long time if not permanently.

Why you'd want to do that to yourself, only you can answer, but it's your life so you have to live it and deal with what comes from your choices.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 188
Posted: 8/5/2017 7:36:02 AM
I'm 6'1 and never have problems getting dates.

Chromus and Chuck are evidence that short doesn't work in da dating arena
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 189
Posted: 8/5/2017 9:26:56 AM
To which "Chromus" do you refer? ^ ^ ^ ^
The Chromis, I know, (formerly with Ms Stanley cup), is happily engaged to be married, this year.
I can't speak for Chuck.

OT, I think the height and high heels issue is silly!
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/5/2017 9:38:15 AM
^^^^Nah, Lady, not our "silver fox" chromis. There's an updated user that changes his name from time to time and was using chromis_something or other a day or two ago. He's on to another username now.

Man. I spend *way* too much time on the forums to have noticed that...

Edit to add: Huh. He's actually talking about himself. In third person. Weird.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 191
Posted: 8/5/2017 10:42:49 AM
I'd take a shorter man with an attractive face over one who's over 6' tall with a plain one. Height is only a small part of the equation. Other factors are more important to me.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 192
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:13:02 AM

....Huh. He's actually talking about himself. In third person. Weird.

LMAO, Soooooooo "StaySoHard" / (Steve) / "ChromisViridis" / (Steve) / "clooneystutor" / (Steve) is.......................
having a convo with himself?
Yes, that's mighty weird. But then again, we ARE in the POF Forums!

Maybe I could change my name, "Ladyinblack"...............Hmmmm ................"Ladyinblue"..............Nah, I'd have to change my whole wardrobe!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 193
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:21:11 AM
Hair extensions and lipstick on the teeth

Yuck
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 194
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:36:29 AM
ClooneysTutor/WiccanDefecator/StaySoHard/ChromisViridis:

I don’t believe for a second that you have a girlfriend. If you did, she’s already dumped you. You spend waaay too much time in here making troll posts, disparaging other people’s height or appearance, and not contributing anything meaningful to threads. You're obviously a bored, bitter, and unhappy guy with zero social life. Pity.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 195
Posted: 8/5/2017 11:40:34 AM
Somebody's acting crabby today
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 1:30:40 PM
"In the U.S. population, about 14.5 percent of all men are six feet or over. Among CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, that number is 58 percent. Even more strikingly, in the general American population, 3.9 percent of adult men are 6'2″ or taller."
Why Do We Love Tall Men? - Malcolm Gladwell
gladwell.com/blink/why-do-we-love-tall-men/

So there you have it ladies, what are the odds of finding a single guy in your age range among those statistics? Slim, very slim. I don't know how accurate these numbers are and they are only in the US but it is something to ponder.

One of the most idiotic reasons I've heard from some women why they don't want to date shorter men is that they want to give their sons the chance to be tall.

This is hilarious! It never crossed my mind as a reason to date or marry a man! Ironically, my ex is 6' 5"and my sons are both over 6' but you don't get to choose the traits your children will inherit. There are worse things to be inherited from a parent than being less than 6' tall.

Yes how many inches do heels add to a ladies height? Any how heels are very bad for feet.

Well, for me I'm about 6' tall with heels and yes, they are not good for your feet but I don't wear them to work. I'm sure you're glad you don't wear them but what man does not like to see an attractive woman with nice legs who is not just wearing heels but can actually walk in them? I like the way I feel in my Manolos...feminine, sexy, confident. You see, there's a reason I wear them...
 Like2dance
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 4:21:18 PM
^^^^ I truly enjoy Malcolm Gladwell's books.

I guess I am just used to being around men on the tall side whom I consider average. At 6' 3" I am an inch shorter than my brother. One cousin is 6' 5". My uncles were 6' 3 and 6' 4"; my father "only" 6' 1". My ex-wife is petite at 5' 2". When we visited my family as my children were growing up they tended to take me aside and ask me what was wrong with my kids - they were not growing. When we visited their mother's family it was more like "Oh, they are so big.". My daughter turned out to be 5' 9" and my son probably 5' 8" although he and his sister have an "agreement" they are both 5' 9". He is a little self conscience about his height probably because he is shorter than any male relatives on my side of the family. Frankly, throughout my life I have never given my height a second thought one way or the other.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2017 5:14:10 PM
Preferences change dramatically
when we meet pretty people.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Women that compare their height to mens while wearing high heels.