Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > He stopped texting.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AlchemistAdam88
Msg: 24
He stopped texting.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Who cares what she wants? It could be, or couldn't be some of the reasons people mentioned, but does it matter?

Only thing I disagree with is the professionals being responsible adults. My father is a framer, and runs his own business. He is a loving man, respected by anyone that comes across him, and knows how to handle business situations and still has time for my mother, myself and my younger sisters. He swings a hammer sure, but he swings a lot more than just that.

ANYWAYS so back on topic...
4 days is a long time...if someone is into you they won't vanish in 4 days they'd at least say "hey sorry been busy, hope all is well and I'll call sometime soon to see when we can go out again." Quick message...says I'm still interested and that I was just busy. I don't think this guy is into you..at least from a serious relationship point of view. I suggest to just leave him alone and see other people.
 JoyHartz
Msg: 25
view profile
History
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/22/2012 8:14:28 AM
More males than females? Maybe at POF at the U.S. Here in Brazil we are A lot of females and very few males...lol
So, the "good guys",( not the richer or the better looking ones), but the ones who SEEMS to look for a real commitment
receive a lot or attention. They just continue to make contact with the ones they are interested. I receive an e-mail at 8 am, answered at 9 and he text again at 5pm, but some days before, he sent an e-mail just in 2 days... so I consider that a sign that he lost interest . I answered him, but got no response by now ( 2 days again), so I moved on to the next...
Don't be bottered by it. Remember that YOU are choosing too, not just him!
 Love.Notes
Msg: 26
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:08:19 AM
I don't think texting is a way of keeping a relationship sound. If he texts me he's into me if he doesn't he's lost interest kinda thing. I don't base my relationship on how much he talks to me. I can't text during the day. I have to much on my plate at work to bother answering a text message. By the time I get home the last thing I want to do is be glued to my 2" screen texting some guy. Face to face meetings, going out together, spending quality time together is how a relationship is strengthened and formed.
He may have lost interest or he may just be busy but by the sounds of it he seems preoccupied and it's not with you. You can always give him a call and say hey whats up, haven't heard from you in a while. If he continues to keep his distance then let him go, move on and find another.
 greenIsis777
Msg: 27
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/22/2012 5:17:56 PM
I highly recommend 'text the romance back'. I've used it with much success. (I'm not sure I can name the author, what the rules are about that... just google it)

one of the top tips - don't text guys random niceties like 'how was your day?' you can create mega attraction through texting if you know how to do it. guys love it.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 28
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/24/2012 12:48:31 PM

I guess it becomes a nature vs nurture issue at that point and where your own desires and/or morals stand.

Huh? lol
 SymphonynRain
Msg: 29
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/25/2012 5:00:22 AM
Pretty obvious what he wanted, and found a replacement for you that actually can give him the sex part. I will tell you a easy tip, you are a women, You can find 100 "really handsome, and amazing" guys a day if you want someone like him. Solely for sex I mean, worrying is for the weak minded. Move on find another guy that might see more in you, or do something wild so you can get your mind off this one. And THEN go find another guy that might see more in you.
 GoldenOwl08
Msg: 30
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:20:56 PM
He blocked me :( . I guess I got my answer.
 littleflower57
Msg: 31
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:46:11 PM
I have nothing to add to the sage advice you have received from the ones who replied before me.

And I mean no disrespect.

I just wanted to say that your subject line makes a great country song title.

He stopped texting me today,
I guess he ran out of things to say.
I don't know what I'm gonna do,
coz he never typed I <3 U.
 ro1970
Msg: 32
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:34:49 AM

Who doesn't want a hot spouse? But honestly at the end of the day I just want a good meal, an even better blowjob, a back rub, some good conversation and a bit of no pants dancing with me gladly reciprocating all of these gestures….

Well folks there you have it. What men want.

OP….to put this in plain basic terms, you didn’t “put out” to this so called “nice hot professional guy” and Heaven only knows how many others he has on the string.

To me, it just goes to show that sure…..someone may be “hot” on the outside – good looking, athletic, body of a centerfold, etc. but on the inside……the package isn’t so pretty…..shallow, mean, and sometimes cruel.

As far as money goes……some of these guys out here tout how “professional” and “good looking” they are can flash their wallets with every credit card known to man and it won’t impress me because more than likely, they are all maxed out. It doesn’t matter how much money you have….what counts is how you MANAGE YOUR MONEY and if you are RESPONSIBLE with it. Trust me….you don’t need a 6 or 7 figure income to live nicely. I’m living proof of that.

Remember, outer package looks fade over time…..what is inside for the most part doesn’t.

At the end of the day what you look like doesn’t matter. It’s the true substance of what is inside that does. Never, EVER give up on your values and principles.
 YAMACANMECRAZY
Msg: 33
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:42:36 PM

He blocked me :( . I guess I got my answer.

I am proud of you for putting in the effort!! Now get back in there and find another !

You never know how fast you can go until you crash !!
 signatureonenonly
Msg: 34
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/27/2012 8:28:59 PM
I love this post....yes ....
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 35
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/27/2012 8:42:13 PM
Well not all women can find a handsome amazing man just for sex. Not all men are so easy. She was lucky not to be pumped and dumped though.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 36
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/27/2012 8:43:48 PM
I dont agree four days is not a long time but a week or more is. However she got her answer when she texted him again.
 kjay41
Msg: 37
He stopped texting.
Posted: 10/27/2012 8:45:43 PM
Never assume anything; just go with what you know.....let's see, not responding and time has gone by, soooo...just go on about your life, if you hear from him and want to know what happened then ask.
 DayDreamerYOLO
Msg: 38
view profile
History
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/6/2018 9:47:23 PM
Agree. On to the next..
 hemingway234
Msg: 39
He stopped texting.
Posted: 9/10/2018 4:39:08 AM

I just wanted to say that your subject line makes a great country song title.

He stopped loving her today
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away
He stopped loving her today.
(Spoken)
Ya' know she came to see him one last time
Oh, we all wondered if she would
And it kept running through my mind
This time he's over her for good.
(Sang)
He stopped loving her today
They placed a wreath upon his door
And soon they'll carry him away
He stopped loving her today...

Read more: George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > He stopped texting.