Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 53
Dating after 45...Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
OP
Other posters have done a pretty good job of beating up on you so I'll save my energy...
Seriously, the inexpensive initial meeting is entirely appropriate to the online dating venue. paying-or at least offering to pay one's own tab or to leave the tip can be somewhat of a judgement call(in my neck of the woods there are still a lot of men who were taught that it's the man who pays for the date-even if it's just coffee-so I'm FINE with coffee, I don't want anyone spending a lot of money on a first meet.

You may be better served to try and find ways to meet men in person, by getting into activity groups,etc,volunteering,
-well, whatever-rather than going the online route. That way a man who has already met you, is attracted and feels that showing off his finances and generosity can provide you with the kind of dates you desire.
Online is simply a way to MEET people you might not otherwise encounter, it is NOT a vending machine for dates/relationships, and there is nothing guaranteed.
Cindy O
 Lostnwandering
Msg: 54
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/1/2012 9:20:25 PM
In a nutshell, Nope!! Not around this neck of the woods anyway.
 Denise_1954
Msg: 56
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/5/2012 2:12:23 PM
I've only been on this site a few days I must say, there are some very nice gentlemen here!
No one should give up dating! Even if they are a couple or married!
Sure, it's difficult to get all pretty and or handsome; "just to go out" but you know someone will appreciate your efforts.!
The last man I dated was 61, and he was not old! One time, we were at a****ail party, I went to the ladies room, and when I came back there were 7 young ladies at his table! We were "friends" that point, so I was not slighted and still had the pleasure of his company at the Orchestra event that night.
Age is just a number! Think old = feeling old Heck, my mind is sharp and I'm not a day over 29? err... uh...well...
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/5/2012 3:47:31 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of good ones on here. The problem is a lot of women never make it to them because they're too busy wasting their time on the players. Most women want the aggressive alpha male types. What they fail to admit to themselves, is that those types are also the ones that are the players because they're typically in top physical form even at 40+ years old, ambitious, successful, and hard to tie down because they know they can have whoever they want. But still, every woman will do everything they can to catch one of those guys because they all feel they deserve only the best. Who's to say they don't deserve the best? Most of them probably do. The problem is, there's only so many of them out there.
 mjinict
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:51:46 AM
They seem to what skinny malinks and not decent fun loving , geniune women.
--------------
Sorry honey, just because a woman is thin, doesn't mean she isn't decent, fun loving and genuine...:) But it may also mean she watches what she eats.
 ohenryx
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/16/2012 8:18:11 AM

NCnavetG8r
I'm sure there's plenty of good ones on here. The problem is a lot of women never make it to them because they're too busy wasting their time on the players. Most women want the aggressive alpha male types. What they fail to admit to themselves, is that those types are also the ones that are the players because they're typically in top physical form even at 40+ years old, ambitious, successful, and hard to tie down because they know they can have whoever they want. But still, every woman will do everything they can to catch one of those guys because they all feel they deserve only the best. Who's to say they don't deserve the best? Most of them probably do. The problem is, there's only so many of them out there.

I read a very good article on this exact subject, I wish I had kept a link to it. The gist of the article was exactly as described above. Women want a “top-tier man”, and will not “settle” for less. The problem is there are only so many of those top-tier men, not nearly enough to go around. So these women will chase after a man who is already taken, lure him away from his present wife, just so that she too can have a top-tier man. This article was from a fairly legitimate source, Psychology Today or the equivalent.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/16/2012 10:12:55 AM
Ah, yes, but its what the guy looks like that first hits your fancy. finding out whether he has internal qualities takes a while. I wonder how many ugly as sin guys you have agreed to date.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/16/2012 1:28:07 PM
Good for you......

I am thinking its too bad I don't live in Iowa......:)
 rearguard*2
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 5:57:18 AM

Zero they have to be at least cute to my eyes..

Shallow, Native......

Sigh....I guess we shall never be together......
 rearguard*2
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 6:22:33 AM
Good grief! Stop wasting time on the 45+ women who are done with child rearing. There are hordes of 35 year olds who will be thrilled to join you in your family adventure, although you may need to have another child or 2 with one of them. But if you are an involved dad, that won't be so bad, now will it?
 rearguard*2
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 6:36:03 AM
Why limit yourself? Lots of ladies in their late 20s who dream all day long of a good dad for the kids they want to have. No need to ever presume you know what you can achieve. Its all about what you are willing to do to get where you want to be.
 mjinict
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 7:16:21 AM
^^^I'm an empty nester and wouldn't mind dating a guy with a 5 and 8 year old as long as they weren't overly bratty. They would be similar ages as my grandkids with whom I love to spend time.
 biggazza
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 7:36:06 AM
Yes they do. I find it hard to get a woman to even reply to my nice and polite messages because they are ignorant to answer!
 biggazza
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 7:40:46 AM
I do wonder if any of the over 45's ladies actually go on dates cos they are too obsessed with players and non-committal guys ,that I yes want to meet someone over 45, but most ladies are too damn ignorant to say thanks for the message or say but sorry no thank you or even acknowledging. I think it is rude and uncalled for, all I want is that chance to meet someone. Is that too much to ask?
 ladyc4
Msg: 79
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:38:25 AM

all I want is that chance to meet someone. Is that too much to ask?

The Universe doesn't OWE anybody anything.
Online dating sites are not vending machines for dates.
I still highly recommend that people involve themselves in real-life activities-and NO that doesn't have to be hanging out in bars. Or going to church. I make no promise that real-life activities will produce a match for you, but you may find other outlets for your time and energy, which will keep you from that desperate/anxious (or DEMANDING)demeanor that tends to run potential dates off.
Cindy O
 rearguard*2
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:04:04 AM
^^^^^I like Quebec City as well.

If you visited Montreal and did not find the women exhilarating, you must have been visiting somewhere other than the downtown party scene. Either that, or you did not look around much.
 naiveinga1
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Instincts
Posted: 10/17/2012 4:41:40 PM
As tough as the stereotype would have us believe.....I think that genuine and authentic respectful men have very good instincts. They know a con when they see it....they know a 'take' when they feel it. Bear a heart, accept a heart. Throw a little caution into the wind and you've got the perfect makings for magic...the real thing. They know the difference.
 jimmy4x4
Msg: 84
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:17:39 PM
well yes they are around but put in a class of bad experiences with men
we are not all the same but i dont blame women for their mistrust
 starlight334
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:01:19 PM
If you haven't found your man till now ask yourself. What can I offer to a man of what I haven't been able untill now. Wake up avery morning and ask this question.
 mark777771
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:47:37 PM
The person is what's important not how much they spend on you.
 ronn1955
Msg: 88
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/19/2012 9:07:02 AM
I agree you wanted equal rights but it seems only on certain things sharing is what its all about right???
 freefalling46
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/19/2012 7:12:04 PM
I don't think they exist anymore =(
 lamatheid
Msg: 92
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:23:09 PM
I just joined this forum on today 10/20/2012 and I signed back up on POF on 10/17/2012. I am a student in college online and I have a fixed income for now. I don't want to juggle work and school. I just finished psychology and that was a challenge but I passed it. I don't think I would have passed it if I had to work all day and come home and read three long non-easy reading chapters on psychology and prepare for a weekly quiz plus post my class mates and answer the weekly questions. So I suppose to stay off the dating sights because I cannot pay for movies and dinner every weak? Or I am just another cheap scape. Are there any women that deals with guys in my position? Coffee and conversation is not bad, I think if anything more than is an indication that your date wants a sugar daddy and not companionship. Can I get a responce?
 lamatheid
Msg: 93
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:35:36 PM
I think not you need to stay in the fourties and possibly fifties. You might find a thirty year old with the maturity of a fifty year old. I think your looking for trouble with that young stuff. stay in your generation group.
 lamatheid
Msg: 94
Dating after 45...
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:47:50 PM
I think you ought get hat ticket to Ireland. she said i can outdo you?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >