Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Teslar
Msg: 178
Dating after 45...Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
A starting point would be to post a photo!
 UptownJimbo
Msg: 182
Dating after 45...
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:42:45 PM
Ah, you don't see our big picture. Man orders cheap date, if things are going well, it escalates into drinks and food, and lots of kino. If things aren't going well, he says "I hope you enjoyed the drink, it was nice meeting you." Personally, you sound high-maintenanced, and I avoid those types of women no matter how much money I have.
 dallasinohio
Msg: 185
Dating after 45...
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:30:20 AM
Dating at this age is so hard when you still like doing things that you did when you were younger but the ladies you meet want to stay home or hang at a bar.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:32:00 AM

Women are "players" too. Multiple daters. Just out for free meals, drinks and entertainment. Men here know it all too well.

^^Really? I find it is much less of a hassle to stay home, pour myself a glass o vino and enjoy something I have cooked as opposed to doing the meet/greet thingy! lol
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 188
Dating after 45...
Posted: 12/28/2012 10:53:00 AM
Well, consider this.. We have all had a rough ride in the past but this is the future your aiming for. Not all men and women are the same and its a bit unfair to class "everyone" as shady because there not. I am certainly not and am sure lots of people in here aren't either:)

My 10p worth

No...we are not all alike (thank god) and it just annoys me like he11 when we are all painted with the same brush. I am here to find the love of my life, nothing more...ok...maybe make a few friends along the way. No, not "those" kind of friends either.. hehe.
Oh cripes....when I first jumped back into the dating pool, no one told me how difficult dating at this age was going to be. I know that I am being very cautious, that's because I don't want to enter into something that I will regret down the road. Did that once. But the longer I remain single, the more I seem to enjoy my singleness...what's a girl to do?

Just my 2cents....Canadian...Lol

...mae

Women are "players" too. Multiple daters. Just out for free meals, drinks and entertainment. Men here know it all too well

Oh good grief. I'm thinking if a person wants to avoid situations like that, one has only to offer to meet for coffee or a drink. No meal, no entertainment, problem solved.

...mae
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 12/28/2012 11:47:44 AM

Women are "players" too. Multiple daters. Just out for free meals, drinks and entertainment. Men here know it all too well.

Perhaps this should read a little different. Allow me to do some editing for you:

Some Women and some men are "players" too. Some of both sexes are Multiple daters. Just out for free meals, drinks and entertainment. Women and Men here know it all too well.

Let me just say that, on the majority of my meets with male members of the POF population, at the very least, I have paid for my own coffee and/or meal. In a good number of meets, I have picked up the entire tab if only to nip in the bud the type of gum flapping that is outlined in the above quote.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 12/28/2012 3:49:36 PM
For a $100 I think dessert is a happy ending
 imree
Msg: 194
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/4/2013 10:28:34 PM
I agree with Christ on a crutch. It only possible to meet someone if you are able to look beyond the exterior and if there is a chance it has nothing to do with what he will or will not buy you. A honest sincere gentleman, yes they do exist!!!!
 PEACHESNJ40
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/5/2013 7:19:06 PM
I have had the same issue. One guy said we have to go to the place that he has a coupon for. I gave up for a long time becuase I seem to attract crazy people. I would just settle for normal at this point. I do not even want a dinner date on a first time meeting becaue I do not want to be stuck at a dinner table with someone that I am not connecting with. I had that happen before and it was a mess. I think they do exist but not on this site.
 giftoflife
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/5/2013 10:46:26 PM
You know I have been out with some cheap guys too. In fact one would not even pay for a coffee for me. You know what I pay for my own and yes I have bought cheapoos their dinner too. It's difficult dating, I am generous and giving so I don't understand why I meet guys that are so cheap. Some aren't but I meet all kinds. All this aside:

Here is what I REALLY HATE, Men who want to meet in a motel for the first time, I find that very insulting and they don't get any response to that and then I ignore them from that point on.

Now I just keep faith that one day the wonderful man that I seek will come along.

Good luck out there. Oh! by the way I'm over 60 so even more difficult.
 Orgulloso
Msg: 200
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 5:13:52 AM
@Wolf,

Not to downplay what housewives do in the least but have you engaged your significant other to help with these things? When I was married, I cooked, cleaned, did laundry, went to the market, took my children to Dr.'s appointments, attended parent teacher conferences, etc. She didn't have to ask, I looked at it as a partnership. Here's the thing, many times she critisized how I did the laundry (it wasn't her way) or if I chose the spaghetti sauce that was on sale and not her preferred brand, or the fact that I hand washed the dishes instead of throwing them into the dish washer.

Also, EVERYTHING outside of the house (painting, spring cleaning, fall leaves, the lawn, snow removal) was my responsibility including both cars (repairs, washing / detailing, etc.) Sooo ...it doesn't have to be as lobsided as your situation if your partner engages.

The problem is lack of communication or conditioning someone negatively (critism of their attempts to help) in my case. After awhile, the sh!t gets old.

G
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:35:27 AM
I always pay for the first date but more importantly I pay even thou I realize it is also the last date.
 dallasinohio
Msg: 202
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:19:49 PM
From what I am finding out on here way too many people have their expectations set way too high.

In looking at a lot but not really responding to the ads on here I have seen a few ladies I/M/O/ are way too attractive to really need a dating site.

Let's face it at this age time has beaten a lot of us up and left us average at best even though we might not want to face the cold hard truth. I am not saying that average is not attractive, but in most cases a 40 year old does not look like a 20 something year old, either.

At this point in my life I still believe there has to be a physical attraction but there is so much more to look for that completes the picture.
 giftoflife
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:24:39 PM
dallasinohio

I totally agree with your statement.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:28:37 PM
Ohio Dallas, click a new pic my man. Give yourself a chance to sweep someone off their feet...
 dallasinohio
Msg: 207
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:34:04 PM
I have clicked and left message for my share, but have only heard back from one person.

We exchanged numbers but that is as far as it went.
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:35:47 PM
Take a new picture, Smile, look engaged...arms crossed...bad mojo.
 dallasinohio
Msg: 210
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:38:59 PM
I am going to post some new pics.
I never smile can't explain it never have even when I AM IN A GREAT MOOD.

That pic was taken in Locust Grove Ga. and I was as happy as I could have been.
 WS1254
Msg: 213
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:08:17 PM
Get rid of that picture fast.

Folded arms not a good impression, like not interested and don't want to be here.

And only include yourself and not sitting and watching the TV also bad Mojo.

Hope this helps
 Nightrider65
Msg: 214
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/9/2013 8:15:23 PM
NO they don't exist.
 KAKI3152
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/11/2013 5:01:34 PM
I'd go young, but's there's nothing to talk about afterwards since they never saw the same TV shows.
Annnddd I'm not fond of tatoos. I've seen some way butt ugly tramp stamps here in Cali.
 WS1254
Msg: 217
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:46:25 PM
Agree with the talk to comment

But surely some young ones don't have tatoos
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/25/2013 7:14:06 AM
They are an illusive breed, but they do exist. Stay true to yourself and seek your equal. Do not worry about the losers and the liars, use delete and block. Maybe try writing a few that you think are your match.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/25/2013 7:11:57 PM
That is simply not true.. I myself married a pipe fitter and a doctor.. not for their profession, but for who they were. Neither were hard bodies.. neither were rich so that blows that theory nhra1966.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 225
Dating after 45...
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:03:34 AM
Its a first MEET...not a date. Why do you expect the man to spring for a full blown dinner? Don't get me wrong I have had coffee meets, lunch and dinner meets but I always pay or expect to pay for my own beverage or dinner. If they INSIST I will let them pay and thank them graciously. I do think there are great guys out there. Just have to find the one which is right for YOU. You get out of it what you are willing to put into it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >