Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sticky situation with a fake engagement ring ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 155
Sticky situation with a fake engagement ring ...Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I would only accept a diamond if he could actually afford one and there is actually something else i'd like better. But I'd be ticked if he presented me a ring (diamond or not) and lead me to believe or let me believe it was something it was not. Lies start little and grow. I'd wonder what else he's hiding or would hide from me or it could plant seeds of distrust subconsciously. You may not even know they are there. It's not about the diamond itself. It's about him misleading her into believing something that was untrue and honestly, that's a pretty large lie.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 156
Sticky situation with a fake engagement ring ...
Posted: 10/15/2012 9:22:22 PM
I think this should be a reality tv show.

When fake rings go wrong
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 157
Posted: 10/16/2012 9:20:28 AM
Confuzzled, you're still only assuming that he gave her any reason at all to believe that the diamond was real. You keep adding your own details to the story.

And second, who gives someone an engagement ring and then tells them if it's real or not? How many women actually care? An engagement ring is a symbol of your engagement, that's all the ring is supposed to mean to the other person. Whether or not it's a real diamond should be the last thing on your mind.

The girl from the OP, and a lot of you in this thread, are just gold diggers, and they obviously didn't deserve the guy from the OP's story.
 Maleman999
Msg: 158
Posted: 10/16/2012 9:24:34 AM

The girl from the OP, and a lot of you in this thread, are just gold diggers...

More precisely, they are gold and diamond diggers.
 Fleuron
Msg: 160
Posted: 10/16/2012 10:47:31 AM
Since we’re making irrelevant bashing generalizations….a lot of you guys in this thread are lying cheapskates. :)
 skwizle
Msg: 161
Posted: 10/16/2012 10:49:24 AM
anybody who cares if its a man-made diamond or dug up diamond is shalloooooow. good greif, its still a diamond get over yourself woman. she works, did she buy HIM a diamond? pathetic sexist crap in this day and age.
 DreamRaven
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:26:18 PM
IMO~pricing is diffent everywhere when it comes to jewerly but at the same time regardless if a ring is real or fake or half real half fake, if the stone is real or fake, no one has failed to realize that no retail store of any kind would sell one of a kind unique rings, unless custom designed or made by your own 2 hands other than choosing the stone of your choice, its just all rings are mass produced and all stones after mining or lab created are mass produced in design or cut and after someone buys a ring the jeweler will put the exact same ring back on display. anyways i have to agree with some of the posters that if 2 people really truely do love each other than it shouldn't matter what kind of ring it is, love should hold a higher symbol rather some piece of jewelry that is there for materialistic reasoning. i could go out and buy a ring that has both black and white diamonds in it and they would be accented as in very tiny to just chips of what was leftover but in the end a ring is just a ring unless your shelling out over $200-$500 for it which is kinda stupid when there is no telling if and when a relationship would end and then either the ring was given back or the woman keeps its and your out of that money and the ring itself. bottom line is women and men need to stop focusing on something that will lose its value and its meaning if the relationship comes to an end. As i've said before i could go to walmart and buy a very pretty ring for under $100 and it would be just perfect and she'll love it but she will not be "in love" with it , if she choosing to love something materialistic over the person she is with than its not worth the relationship to be with her and any guy should know this.
 wisewoman_57
Msg: 163
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:55:01 PM
I had a friend whose now-husband bought her a beautiful (real) 1 carat engagement ring, and was really excited about giving it to her. She saw it, thanked him and then told him that she wanted to exchange it for a different one that she would pick out. The poor guy was deflated, but agreed. She showed the new one off to everyone who would sit still long enough.
It looked huge from the top, but when you looked at it from the side, it was cut very shallow and set high. She wanted something that apeared bigger than it really was. I also noticed a large visible (naked-eye) inclusion in it. She apparently picked out something for the same amount of money that looked, to her, 'richer' than the one that he picked out for her. The rest of the relationship followed similar lines.
 marybuckeye
Msg: 164
Posted: 10/21/2012 5:27:39 PM

But what if he proposed and it looked just like a diamond and you thought it was and he let you. Then you go to have it appraised only to be told it was gotten out of a vending machine? Would you not be upset that he lied?

I'm smart enough not to listen to a bunch of cluckers scratching around the water cooler looking to dig up dirt. The ring is merely a symbol of his promise to marry her, should she choose to accept. SHE'S the one putting a price tag on his love and commitment to her.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sticky situation with a fake engagement ring ...