Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jblack2000
Msg: 26
Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
What overweight women (that post MySpace angles pics) don't know is....that they get more messages when they have a full body shot.

It sounds counterintuitive, but showing your flaws will get you more responses, than hiding them.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 27
Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?
Posted: 10/4/2012 7:50:24 PM

I can't believe how shallow people can be with this online dating thing.

I can.

It was never an "ideal" medium, but the atmosphere has really gone downhill over the last couple of years.
 saw8wave8
Msg: 28
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 29
Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?
Posted: 10/12/2012 6:30:41 AM
Yeah. I met a woman on monday who didn't have a full body shot. She was 5' 2", 110 lbs. I'm meeting someone tonight without a full body shot who tells me she is a size 0 or 2.

110 lbs is not exactly svelte for a woman of only 5' 2"---you must not have liked what you'd seen since you've got another date with a different woman lined up this week.
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/12/2012 7:04:10 AM
110 lbs is not exactly svelte for a woman of only 5' 2"---you must not have liked what you'd seen since you've got another date with a different woman lined up this week......

What???????????

Holy shit. Did you type this with a straight face?? Please tell me you are joking. If not, you are flat out wrong.

I can't help but laugh at all the chicken shits, too. You meet someone, and they don't look like their pictures? Big deal. You're not obligated to marry them.

It's really not the most horrific thing that can occur in life.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/12/2012 7:53:28 AM

What???????????

Holy shit. Did you type this with a straight face?? Please tell me you are joking. If not, you are flat out wrong.

I am not joking. 110 lbs is not thin for a woman of only 5' 2". It would be thin for a woman of 5' 4" or 5' 5". The poster I quoted thinks a size 6 is big.

I can't help but laugh at all the chicken shits, too. You meet someone, and they don't look like their pictures? Big deal. You're not obligated to marry them.

It's really not the most horrific thing that can occur in life.

I never said it was. Abelian only dates one woman at a time---so if he accepted a date with a second woman on the same week, it means he probably wasn't attracted to the first one.
 Phenomenally43
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 8:08:56 AM
I have learned the hard way, that 9/10 times a profile without a full body shot is bound to disappoint in person. My first POF date had what appeared to be blurry pictures. It turned out that he was 20 older than he stated on his profile and his pictures were blurred on purpose... Most 45 year olds don't have puffy ankles and liver spots:(

Monday I went on a meet date with a guy who only had seated pictures, but a seemingly normal sized torso. We spoke and he inquired about my weight and current pictures then mentioned that he could stand to loose 25 lbs... When I a thrived at the bar I walked passed him twice because the guy from the pictures wasn't there. I got a text that he was at the bar, but there was only a guy with a super sized rump seated there... It was him!

I was shocked that a man could have such generous curves below and such poor mathematical skills...
When he turned around, he also had a rotund belly in front and giant thighs as well. I am sure that someone will be attracted to him, but I was completely turned off, mostly about being lied to. I felt tricked by his failure to mention that his 25 pounds were actually times 3... He stated that I was rude for mentioning his excess poundage and I told him he was a liar because he wasn't just Reubinesque; he was short too!

From now on current full body shots are a must. 1-2 shots with face in and in profile should do the trick:)
Happy fishing
 Tiggerkat
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/14/2012 8:56:49 PM
So, I`m about to provide a different perspective to this conversation.

I have only a head shot on my profile. I fully admit in my profile that I`m curvy and carry a few extra pounds. There is not one lie or stretched truth on my profile. I was going to find other photos but currently I get 10 indecent proposals a week minimum in relation to what men assume I look like so I don`t want to add fuel to the fire and get more crap messages. The photo I`ve posted pretty much shows me as who I am and expresses my personality as well as my looks.
Yes, I have contacted others with only a head shot as other writers have pointed out you can get a decent idea of someone`s build from a head shot.

Just my two cents.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/14/2012 9:00:05 PM
No, I'm attracted to slender girls.
 greenfield101
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:33:33 PM
How about video chat before meeting ?
 CheekyCapricorn
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/15/2012 1:13:23 AM
110 lbs is not exactly svelte for a woman of only 5' 2"---you must not have liked what you'd seen since you've got another date with a different woman lined up this week.
are you for real, that's borderline underweight! no wonder women have such huge body issues when other women, let along men think that!~!

I am 5ft 3 at 49kgs, i was well and truly underweight, had the health issues and visible rib cage to go with it *still shaking my head at that*
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/15/2012 10:07:44 AM

are you for real, that's borderline underweight! no wonder women have such huge body issues when other women, let along men think that!~!

With a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 20.2 she is not borderline underweight---she is normal.

Under 18.5 - Underweight
18.5 - 24 - Normal
24 - 29 - Overweight
30 and over - Obese

He prefers women to be on the thin side. Read that as you will.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2012 11:25:12 AM
I had a date just this last friday, she only had a head shot, and said she was tall and skinny. I usually only go for full body shots, to do leg and butt qualification, but I took a chance, and she was really pretty, a nice suprise!
 CheekyCapricorn
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/15/2012 2:48:56 PM
BMI means nothing when it comes to health, 11o lbs is underweight, preferring women to be thin one thing, but being dumb enough to think underweight is healthy because a calculator says so, that's another.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/15/2012 5:43:28 PM
BMI means nothing when it comes to health, 11o lbs is underweight, preferring women to be thin one thing, but being dumb enough to think underweight is healthy because a calculator says so, that's another.

If you want to get into a debate about whether or not 110 lbs is underweight or unhealthy for 5' 2", you can take it up with the doctors at Harvard Medical School, since they devised the BMI chart.

I was merely speaking in terms of what certain men considered to be attractive---not what was healthy vs. unhealthy. I directed my post at a specific poster who has claimed he never dated a woman over a size 6---and the one woman he did date who was a size 6 was 5' 11".
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:26:21 AM
^^^
What she said. The BMI is usually only inaccurate when someone has significant muscle mass.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2012 7:56:17 AM
I can tell if a man is going to be overweight but not FIT by the face and neck.
Also if he drinks to much and other things if it is a clear picture.

I prefer a body shot for many reasons when someone e mails me with any intention on meeting.

Are his pants hiked up and show crotchage?
Are those socks with sandals you have on with that bowling shirt?
Are his moobs bigger than mine?

Waist size is what can turn me off. Huge belly and boney legs/arms..ICK.

I know thats shallow, but we are attracted to what we are attracted to and I don't want to have pizza on the couch more than once a year.

I dont mind SOME extra poundage if its in proportion.
I like a pinch or not a pinch.

Just be healthy and able to be active with me.

That is Harvards BMI chart btw and a decent guide unless you are abnormally muscular.

Since I don't contact anyone unless its from the forums, I do e mail men with no full body shot.
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/16/2012 8:11:24 AM
The arms are a good giveaway as well. Flabby biceps seem to give away the rest of the body.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2012 9:47:43 AM
^^^^^Yes arms are a good tell as are shoulders.
But you can be thin and be flabby.

I used Harvards BMI calculator and I am at 18.6
Other BMI guides calculate it at up to 19.2

Google it and they will calculate for you.

If you look and feel fat you probably are.

It has a good range to account for bone and muscle mass that is different in most of us.
No one but a few large people call me skinny or to thin.
VERY FEW..Maybe 2 in the last year.No one close to fit ever said that to me.

In the 80s I was the same size in measurements almost to the exact 1/4 inch, but the sizes in clothes do not indicate that NOW.
What was a US size 6/7 is now a 1/2 in jeans.

A 0 or 1 in the late 70s/early 80s would not accommodate a 30 inch hip.
Now it will accommodate 34 and sometimes 35 inches.

Nicer clothes also are smaller.

You can take a 2 from one line/designer and a 4 or 6 in another..

I do not think at
36 25 35 I am a bone or under weight and my trainer says I am fit.
I feel fit.
My arms and legs have meat and fat on them.
Just do this
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
People should just use their own opinions as to what they like or do not like, think what is thin or not thin.
Eye of the beholder
I dont ask people what size they are and they dont ask me unless they are buying me something to wear.
REALLY........
Who the F does that?

You go on a date and they ask what size are you?
I would laugh them out of the pub.

Maybe the woman brings it up.I don't know, but its stupid.

Saying 5 foot 2 and 110 is underweight is not true by height and weight calculations.
I'm not saying she was fat.
I did not see her.

She may LOOK slim to even thin if she has a tiny waist and not much muscle tone and is compared to big people..
She could look chubbo ..Who cares?

This subject is soooooooooooooooo old.
 Heavenlygurl
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/16/2012 5:16:10 PM
I had the same experience. I'm curvy too and my full length photo attracted guys who immediately asked what my bra size is. Seriously. An then there are those who think curvy or plus size is synonymous with "easy." I was getting a bad attitude, so I decided to take those down and I have only face shots. So far, the creeps have showed no interest. The guys who contact me do so because they like my smile. :-}
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2012 4:38:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^ Your smile is beautiful HG.
You don't need creeps making your body shot or ( cleavage) a screen saver.

Funny what people have the NERVE to ask behind the protection of a computer screen isn't it?
I just love the "send me more pics" comments. Of what .........pray tell?

My azz saying kiss me>?
 Heavenlygurl
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/17/2012 8:25:17 PM
Peppermint Petunias that is exactly what they're wanting. I am not having it tho... cause there are some cool guys on here too and I'm gonna get me one! LOL!
 grove_22
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:05:34 AM
I woud like to see a full body shot of the other person. But it isn't mandatory. I have met a few women without photos. Nothing was wrong with them physically. The dates didn't work out for other reasons. Keep in mind, people with full body shots could be hiding something. The photo could be 10 yrs old or even fake. BTW I don't have a photo because I'm here for the forums.
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/18/2012 1:55:08 PM
Just do it, us old guys can't be that choosy. lol
 Tiggerkat
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/21/2012 1:22:48 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone on this experience. Thanks HG for your post. I still get creeps but the good ones are usually attracted to my smile too. :)
Cheers!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you contact someone who does not have a full body shot picture in their profile?