Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What are your intentions for being on this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassyscorpiochick
Msg: 26
What are your intentions for being on this site?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Originally, I came here to meet people, go out on dates with the hope of finding someone for a LTR.

Some dates were fun to go out with, but were not LTR material. As soon as the man I am now living with contacted me here at POF,, and we committed to each other, I changed my profile so that I could continue to participate in the forums.
 Plenty_of_FreeTime
Msg: 27
What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 9/23/2012 8:07:22 PM
This place kind of reminds me when I tried to make it in the music business as a songwriter,a few nibbles here and there,
but a LOT of rejections along the road.....and you keep pluggin' away because you just never know!!!
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:36:14 PM
Well, OP,as grandma used to say, "You have to crack a few eggs to make an omlet." So I did and I met about 2 dozen men from POF. Some were good eggs, some were scrambled, some were fried and some were just rotten, Most were one-daters, but two were longer and one was exclusive for nearly a year. He proposed, but I could not in good conscious accept as he had had major medical and financial issues to address and adding a new wife into the mix would have been a disaster.

So, after two relationships that ended due to issues that were not personal, I am back here to take a third bite at the online dating apple. I may be older, but I am not desperate nor am I interested in becoming someone's ONS, FB, or FWB. But I also am very realistic about my chances of actually meeting someone who has their poop in a group and is marriage/relationship minded and am fully prepared for the possibility that I may never remarry.

So for right now, my intention is to meet local people, have fun, see what, if anything, happens. Maybe I will be lucky enough to make some friends of the opposite sex who like motorcycles, concerts and car shows and will let me tag along.

P.S. Hey Irvine, CA...had you been closer, I would have joined you...sounds fun and I hate to see a ticket go to waste. I had an extra ticket to Little Feat that went unused for similar reasons.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:18:17 PM
Would like to meet someone who is open to a monogamous long term relationship.

Like other posters -- no, I don't want any STD's either!
 HugsAndKissesForSure
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:32:25 PM
I'm here for fun. Since when did fun become a dirty word? LOL
 aussiesealady
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/24/2012 4:56:50 PM
I am here to find a man to do things with (including sex) and to be, for want of a better description, boyfriend and girlfriend.
An equal relationship where we enjoy each others company and are proud to be with each other.

To both be independent and not NEED the other person for money, food, driving around or anything else but to WANT to be with each other.

This however if proving to be a big ask.

p.s. In real life I mainly meet married men away from their wives or men wanting me to support them.

Still hopeful :)
 Giggles10000
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:28:38 PM
My intentions are simple---to get off this site!
 Happy Dude 63
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:46:39 PM
that is kind of funny G10000, hehehe
I am HERE to get off HERE!!

I was visiting family in S. Florida when I joined. I was in a store shopping for a new suit.
I heard this radio commercial, POF!! Find your next true love!!

I said yes to the suit and started my POF career....hehe. And as in all careers this changes over time.

I am no longer looking for anything specifically. I find it nice looking at different ladies and reading their
profiles. I also like to read the forums and view different opinions. If I happen to find love here that would be cool.
If not I get plenty of entertainment and learning from my time on here.

Although, I much prefer to date or try to date in the real world.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:28:12 PM
So far over 1000 views and only 37 responses. This could very well lead to an interesting conclusion. I will explain in more detail about the question I asked later.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:33:57 PM
Well some of us have been around for a while and have answered that question in one fashion or another. I originally joined with the idea of looking around, getting my feet as I had been out of the dating pool for so long..... I had NO idea where to begin.

And I definitely was not looking for long term at the time, I wanted to continue with my singleness and just date. I am still not looking to marry (not for me) but I am hoping to meet my match and with a little luck, enter into a committed, monogamus, relationship with him *grins*

Until that happens I will continue my long term on-line relationship with my fellow forum fishies....

...mae
 timeforall
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:41:46 PM
I can tell you what are not my intentions, and that is sharing in public my private thoughts and experiences on the sex-board. Wow, is all I can say, after looking at it, and I ain't no prude.
 Giggles10000
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/25/2012 9:07:47 PM

So far over 1000 views and only 37 responses. This could very well lead to an interesting conclusion. I will explain in more detail about the question I asked later.

Views are meaningless, I have had men who viewed me that I would definitely be interested in but they never wrote--some people have more courage than others >< You have to do what you are comfortable with--atm Im not comfortable writing first and the few times I have it has ended badly.

I can tell you what are not my intentions, and that is sharing in public my private thoughts and experiences on the sex-board. Wow, is all I can say, after looking at it, and I ain't no prude.

The sex-board has a life of it's own with it own people who wish to brag about what they have done, I personally see nothing wrong with it but remember most feel that it is harmless. Some have real questions and concerns about sex and where do you think they should go for advice (not that I would believe everything that is written on the as you called them sex-board).
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/25/2012 9:49:28 PM

I've gone over there on occasion and there's some very interesting reading that's for sure...hehe.

...mae
 starman89506
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/25/2012 9:52:25 PM
My intentions?
I want to laugh with someone about our tears when we are watching a great movie.
I want to cook breakfast on Saturday morning for someone that I would do anything to please.
I want to lay in bed on Sunday morning planning our day and imagining our future.
It is my intention to share my life with someone I admire.
It is my intention to marry a life partner and live this life together as a gift to share.
 bella0800
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/26/2012 1:54:14 AM
Well alot of people say they are looking for a long term relationship but I have not found this to be true . Most guys want a bootycall preferbly the first evening or the second.It has been dissapointing but I am not losing hope. If someone actually tells you they want to take it slow and you are interested in them that is great, maybe they are a keeper.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 6:08:37 AM

Views are meaningless, I have had men who viewed me that I would definitely be interested in but they never wrote-

Well, here is an idea.....why not write to the guys who viewed you that interest you?

What a concept!......
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 6:14:17 AM
Rearguard, great idea! Write to men that view you and interest you!!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 7:17:54 AM
^^^^Yes, well, we men do it all the time....when we can.....

E-mail restrictions cut out a lot of possibilities, however......
 cfb62
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 8:07:25 AM
I'm hoping to meet someone I'd click with, the real deal...friend, lover....

I see it now as similar to playing the lottery:
My chances of "winning" are slim, but it can't hurt to try.
 Pinky127
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/26/2012 8:43:52 AM
Im just here for the Forums - they're so much fun!
I really wish there was a Category for that..............

So far over 1000 views and only 37 responses.

^^^ I think Op's referring to the fact that this Thread has had over 1,000 views but that only 37 people had posted.
(Not how many views his profile had?)
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/26/2012 9:58:09 AM
^^^^ So basically you're here for the forums. Lol

...mae
 no4of6girls
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:46:16 AM
To answer your question, mine is clearly labeled as Long Term”. However I have learned that many are visually motivated and act on impulse, sending a “let’s hook-up” email without noticing my intentions or that I am a Christian. As for my intentions I hope to meet a man; mutual attraction, age and height appropriate, like-minded in our faith and value system and share in this thing we call life.
 Green_Jello44
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 11:23:18 AM
I'm here because I love to read the same profiles by different women over and over......
Its been a long year, I almost got shot on one date, I ended another relationship and she became a stalker, had to call the police, I allowed myself to be used by countless sushi whores, and ended up a bust.
Lately I just stare at the search pictures, while thinking more and more on just getting some pets.....
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 12:23:05 PM
To find someone relatively local (< 30min drive) to do fun things with once in a while. Anything beyond that would just have to occur naturally over a period of time. And by fun I'm not talking about bedroom fun (although I certainly wouldn't exclude that from the menu if it turned out to be a mutual desire). I'm talking about going to a movie, concert, trip to the beach for the weekend, a ballgame, long drive just to listen to great music loudly, any number of things myself and a great match might come up with that we'd like to do to get out of the house and just go let loose! I do not however have any intention of getting married again. So that cuts down a lot of the prospects. I don't understand why so many women at my/our age think you have to get married to have a meaningful relationship. Most of us have already gone that route and it didn't end well or we wouldn't be here on POF now.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2012 12:28:45 PM
I use the forums as a barometer for the rate of intellectual and social decay. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What are your intentions for being on this site?