Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What are your intentions for being on this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1white-rose
Msg: 101
What are your intentions for being on this site?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I review the local Gatherings posted by a Host and attend them to meet people face to face, have made some friends and have dated also from meeting gentlemen at the gatherings. Although I have met some men thru the site It is much better, safer and fun to meet face to face.
 TheBeastHere
Msg: 102
view profile
History
What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 10/9/2012 9:13:03 PM
"What are your intentions for being on this site?"
Mine is to find some one to replace my prostitute. She keeps raising her rate in accordance to the number of accessories she brings along. I hate capitalism. Damn greedy ****es.
 barraabus61
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/9/2012 11:50:03 PM
I'm not sure .. seems like a joke to me
 rustednail
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/11/2012 1:40:11 AM
Welcome to the used car lot! Here you will find all types of models with varying milege. Some have been thru the bodyshop once or twice others have visible body damage. Beware of those that have a backfiring problem.
 Rythmn
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2012 1:51:14 AM
rusted nail, may i suggest an rv?

hmmm....when i joined i was single, but made so many friends on here from all over the world, that i keep in touch and occasionally when i am stressed with work or stuff at home, hang out in the forums (like lately). the good friends over the years just call me and vice versa. with a magic jack you can call canada for free, as well as all over the usa.

i also am here for people with lyme and adoptees or adoptive parents. lately getting ideas re my pit mix who is becoming a service dog. way back in middle of the nite here my dog got skunked. posted it and got help from overseas immediately. i get recipes and link with others going through same stuff. also got a lot of relationship advice that helped. i always sought out successful individuals who coupled well.

way back, before monogamy, dated a whole bunch of people from this site and other sites. made friends here, but got my guy from another paid site--or rather he got me. dating was exhausting and stressful for me. sometimes you just need a rest if you are committed to keep at it.

the forums got me through it, although now depend more on meetups where there are "live" people, no illusions:) however, my ex boyfriend came here and met his next girlfriend and several friends have been successful, both men and women. some have dated the same people i dated, so get to warn them if needed :)

one of these days, i'll get on facebook. a lot of forum people absconded to over there when they stopped the political forums.
 Honnieberrie
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2012 11:26:43 AM
I'm single and have been for a while now..I would like to meet someone and maybe form some type of relationship if possible but before I even get meet someone THEY bring up SEX so soon in the conversation on the phone oe in a message.....uuuuuuugh......so I dont know....I'm not what most are looking for ....so I havent been on not a single date in the almost 2 years on here....I dont even check for messages like I once have because nothing is never there....and sure I send messages....but as I have said...I am not what most are looking for.....soooo.....I sometimes just rate pictures and look to see new faces!!! :(
 Mesus
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/13/2012 1:58:42 PM
Lol, lol, lol, lol, lol... sorry, i have to wrote so many lols here but pof doesn't post anything with just one lol... it says it's very short
 lavenderandred
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/13/2012 10:25:12 PM
Well said rustednail...
 mrlibra48
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:18:03 AM
I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. Ergo, I was hoping this is the right haystack. I just love the gals that write 2-3 sentence-profiles. I can only imagine what interesting men they might catch by being so verbose and having such a command of vocabulary.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/14/2012 3:23:06 AM
Well I have to be blunt and to the point Im here to find a home for my penis.

If it's like a rusted nail just put it in a tool kit with lots of oil?

:peace:
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/14/2012 4:51:07 AM
I'm just here for the forums.... ;-)
 TantricJedi
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/14/2012 4:53:04 AM
Having fun is my first intention. I'll commit to the first woman that I can have fun with. What is fun? Sex, wine, dining out, music and watching movies. If she can rock n roll with me, I'll court her to Hawaii and Laguna Beach. I want to have fun. I want to live young and make a good friend. If her idea of fun is being courted til I'm broke...pass.

I want to have a LTR with someone that is FUN:)
 m8t
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/14/2012 5:07:54 AM
My motivations keep changing as I continue to evolve.
Primarily I enjoy the poetry forums where people are nice, and positive.
However this is a dating site, so I do like flirting with handsome men :)
Meeting site members seems to have once been a hobby.
Im sure when I complete my move, it will be again.
Dating is way fun, and Im sure not going to meet
Mr. Right for me staying home posting about it.
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:26:56 AM
LOL at rusted nail, find me a good used model with low milage that doesn't leak oil and the motor purrs like a kitten. Oh and it must have good gas milage..... Don't need a gas guzzler. :)
 4u1964
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/19/2012 5:27:58 AM
To socialize...and see if other people are in the same situation as yourself. I still believe in love at first sight! Even if its on a network lol..
 noyes1963
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/29/2012 12:24:56 PM
Im here for meaningless hookups and nothing else. You would be suprised how many women are on here for the same thing.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2012 3:58:23 PM

Im here for meaningless hookups and nothing else. You would be suprised how many women are on here for the same thing.

^^^Well that post speaks volumes! Having said that, at least you are honest in what it is that you seek. The killers for me are the ones who post looking for long term but have the same agenda that you do.
 DiannaC3262
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/29/2012 10:01:29 PM
I understand where you are coming from though because I have met with some men from here at starbucks or maybe lunch, always in public but EVERY single one of them thought I was going to go home with them or them to my house. I would not bring someone to my house the first time meeting...that is the main reason to meet them in public! I conversed with someone on here for almost a year before meeting him and even though he swore he was not like the others...well he was! That is why I feel like I can't meet someone honest and decent on here. One even lied about his name and then after about six months of not talking apologized and wanted another chance, however, I could not even call him by what he said was his real name...just felt strange and if you lie about something so simple then you can't trust anything else! So, here I am reading the forum since I have electricity and can't go out because of that monster storm that hit the east coast tonight!
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/30/2012 12:40:12 AM
To make a meaningful connection. To meet and get to know a wonderful person- someone who thinks I'm wonderful, too.
 Cyclingforfun
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:51:33 AM
To start trouble.
 NewLeaf12
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2012 8:45:01 PM
Pete, I stumbled upon your response to what your intentions are on the site in one of the forums. Just want to reassure you (all the way from Canada) that lots of us women are most certainly interested in guys even if they have passed the big 50 and have lines and silver hair as you put it. I would have absolutely no interest in someone younger because of the generational gap.
Don't give up. We nice "reasonably attractive women who share similar interests and core values" are out here.
Cheers,
Beth
 barra62
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/2/2012 2:48:46 PM
Not quite sure yet ,, haven't come to that bit ..
 OutMind
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/2/2012 3:00:47 PM
I am here for the drama. Plain and simple. The forums are so much better than the cheesiest of shows on TV.
 barra62
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/2/2012 5:35:38 PM

Good point ..lol
 Rapunzel1964
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:07:17 PM

..The killers for me are the ones who post looking for long term but have the same agenda that you do.

Exactly- like when their profiles say looking to get married, then they IM you and say "So, wanna git nekkid?"
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What are your intentions for being on this site?