Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What are your intentions for being on this site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 131
view profile
History
What are your intentions for being on this site?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Well, I was almost 47 when I met him, so not that much younger.

However, I was here for a long time and went on a LOT of dates.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 132
What are your intentions for being on this site?
Posted: 11/4/2012 11:07:32 AM
Lilli:
At least you got to go on dates! LOL..I very rarely even got emails! Men here in Southern California aren't as open minded to age as men in other parts of the country. They are very shallow and picky. I guess many women out here are the same.

I looked at your profile, you look good together!
 sdani52
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2012 12:24:54 PM
Wow, Pete. Just took a look at your profile. I gotta love a guy who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to let it be known. All this time I thought it was men in their 50s looking for the younger women. Too bad you are all the way across the pond. Would love to have had the chance for coffee to meet the real thing.

Sue
 Doll2Keep
Msg: 134
Posted: 11/4/2012 8:15:44 PM
Fun honest post.....Cudo's!
 Doll2Keep
Msg: 135
Posted: 11/4/2012 8:17:08 PM
Sorry...Cudo's to fixer upper !!!
 CeeBee2234
Msg: 136
Posted: 11/5/2012 9:10:19 AM
I'll be honest, I don't need to come to this site for a casual hook up. Those are pretty easy to fine.

But, would I do enjoy intellectual discourse and that is not as easy to find.

And even though I am over 50 and still think it's possible to find the intellectual discourse, activity partner who could be a very frequent hook up...
 Calm_One
Msg: 137
Posted: 11/8/2012 8:31:00 PM
msg 150:

At least you got to go on dates! LOL..I very rarely even got emails! Men here in Southern California aren't as open minded to age as men in other parts of the country. They are very shallow and picky. I guess many women out here are the same.

You would do fine most other places, you look great! I mean heck, if you lived in the south your mailbox would runneth over.
I bet in no time you would be ignoring equals with the best of them! lol

Best of luck to you all. Remember..age is but a number.

So, would you consider a relationship with man 20 years older than you?

I'm just poking fun at the whole singles situation, not trying to pick on you.
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 138
Posted: 11/9/2012 9:07:25 AM
"I don't need to come to this site for a casual hook up. Those are pretty easy to fine."
What, we get fined for that? (sorry, couldn't resist)

Well, first and forummost I signed up to participate in this joyful exchange of ideas, opinions and advice. I especially like the jokes, some of which can be found in the Humor section. But I'm not ruling out the idea of using a dating site to meet a lady. My intentions vary, but I'm not into one night stands. I'm more interested in a long-term relationship that lasts the whole weekend. I'm mostly after one thing, but unfortunately many women don't offer that. They want to go out rather than cook...
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 139
Posted: 11/9/2012 9:47:35 AM
Forums only. Dating is impossible here.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 140
Posted: 11/10/2012 8:47:36 AM
Calm One:
Thank you. LOL..of course I would date someone 20 years older than me..if I were looking to date. It all depends on the man! If he liked to sail, rollerblade, dance (not to 70's music - ) and we had common values and he was in decent health/shape..why not!

PS
oh I'm from Colorado originally and the men there are much more receptive...
 funnershine
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/10/2012 8:58:04 AM
Just for the forums for now, since I am taking a long break from dating..
 waitingforyoutoo
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2012 7:16:20 AM
Funnershine, I really was hoping it worked out for you :(. As with everything else, it takes two to tango. As for now, I am just here mainly for the reading of the forums myself.
 VenusandAdonis
Msg: 143
Posted: 11/11/2012 9:16:55 AM
I like the forums, but my intentions are to find someone, someone long term..And the marriage dream, although I’m toying with the idea just to date, the odds might be better that way,> I like the que sera sera attitude.
I just want my intentions to be clear. I informed another pof match that my snow kisses pic is my face, via a Face -in -the -hole application. He thought I meant it was an application for sex.(lol) That was a miscommunication, easily clarified, but just as I can have an intellectual conversation with someone with a login name like, sayluvhandle69 (not an actual login name) I will wonder about the seriousness of his intentions.
I want to take the time to date, and leave my settings just as they are;( looking for a relationship), because it shows my long term eventual goal.
‘Just to date'...might be categorised as 'wants to date but, nothing serious'.
The thing is, like people say, even friendship can change into romance, without being awkward. No matter how we meet up, if our intentions are stated, takes the guess away.
Familiarity is what we need to be comfortable, I was looking for that instant connection, right way, and it takes time to get to know someone, first impressions are a big part of us, and how we present ourselves, its big world out there in cyberspace, and for a time some of it is ours!
 tiff7777
Msg: 144
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:13:24 AM
Some will, some won't, who's next?
 barra62
Msg: 145
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:56:31 AM
Intentions were good , but I think it's just a waste of time .

Seems more like a chat show than a dating thing.
 VenusandAdonis
Msg: 146
" Seems more like a chat show"
Posted: 11/20/2012 9:43:03 AM
Awe, really?.. I can't speak for other women, but I feel rushed when people give me their number right away..
I would much rather take it slow..
 FML2013
Msg: 147
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:06:45 AM
Reading the forums....time filler for the winter.
 barra62
Msg: 148
Seems more like a chat show
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:16:19 AM
Hahaha I write a message then it asks me to log in , then the message disappears ,,,, lol.

Now I forgot what I was writing
 barra62
Msg: 149
Seems more like a chat show
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:26:58 AM
Now I remember. After 62 years , I've finally discovered I must bow or be flung to the dogs ....lol.

Looks like the dogs will have some company ....lol...... love my freedom.
 WolfSpirit29
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/7/2012 4:38:59 PM

There are many reasons that people join a dating site. I asked a lady this question "Could you go out just to have fun and see if there might be something there?"
What would be your responce to this. What are your intentions for being here? This is for both genders...

Yes, I certainly could go out just to have fun and see if there might be something there, but be forwarned I am wanting a relationship and I can spot a player within 5 mins. :)
 Bella_RF
Msg: 151
Posted: 12/7/2012 8:14:16 PM
To meet a good man who, like me, has a good heart and wants to share a good life together. One who I can trust and he in me. Just as it should be....
 natgoat227
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2012 8:43:27 PM
Sure!! I'll Date for Fun!
It sure beats driving the cats Nutz with the Laser Pointer!!
(But...that can be entertaining For Two , also!!)
I'm looking for a Genuine Relationship...
No Lies...
No False-fronts...
No Games...!
If a 'Date' becomes a 'Friendship'...becomes a 'Romance'... that becomes 'Intimate'...
...then we've discussed it, and agreed on all the qualifying parameters and regulations involved.
 Latticuss
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2012 9:16:26 PM
I assure you, My intentions are strictly honorable.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:23:33 PM
My intention for being on pof is to get dates because online I can meet as many men as I have interest in. But, until a couple weeks ago, my last date from 'real life' was 1981. Men just do not approach me in real life. Even when I've created an opening with them (like at the bookstore, standing in line at the grocery or starbucks, etc), there's no return interest. Plus, I live on a small island now so not like there's many single men to choose from.
 bobbypsx0
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/24/2012 2:27:25 PM
originally i intended to find my better half, but seeing as how the match system almost seems at random, i figure a venture into the forums would be a nice distraction.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What are your intentions for being on this site?