Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girl disappears for two months then messages me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Archangel_07
Msg: 35
Girl disappears for two months then messages mePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OP,
if you're interested in talking to her again, then talk to her. If not don't respond to her, keep it simple.
 bite-the-apple
Msg: 36
Girl disappears for two months then messages me
Posted: 9/25/2012 5:57:29 PM
I say give her another chance. But you have to draw the line somewhere. At some point you have to realize there are plenty of fish in the sea. If she disappears again, she needs to get her mind straight.
 babyblue910
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/25/2012 6:20:07 PM
i think you should meet her too.. timing is everything. i think i respect her more for not starting anything with you until she was finished with the ex... you never know.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/25/2012 7:24:47 PM
She could be telling the truth but I can't help but ask myself why she didn't explained that months ago. "I need some time and space talk soon" a quick text would have done. But she didn't...she just left. I don't believe just because your life is going through a rough period, you need to ignore someone. It takes two seconds to fire off a quick explanation as to why she needs some time and space right now. That's just an excuse. How much do you like this girl? If you think she is worth it then go for it, answer her back but I think that she is bound to repeat the same thing a few months down the road with a different excuse.

I'd move on and find someone that had no other issues holding her back.
 0ttermadness
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/25/2012 10:28:42 PM
I wouldn't over-analyze it if I were you. If you're still interested, just go out with her and see what happens. The worst thing that can happen is she'll ignore you again. If that happens, then oh well. C'est la vie.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/25/2012 11:46:08 PM
You were on the back burner and now she has no one else around and is contacting you. She is bad mannered to say the least and it is up to you whether you contact her or not. You are attractive and I am sure would not have trouble getting dates so unless you really fancy her, I would forget it.
 grove_22
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/26/2012 6:57:32 AM
Proceed with caution. Perhaps the OP could go out on a date with her. But don't have high expectations. He can keep his options open and still talk to and date other women.
 Papinoir
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2012 7:28:24 PM
The apology/explanation was nice and as others have noted, she could have been telling the truth and perhaps it was just bad timing. Now she might have the time and inclination in following through with going out.

But, in my opinion, even with the apology/explanation this woman has shown herself to be a little too flaky for my tastes as she could have offered the same apology/explanation three months prior when you all were communicating.

From what little I know about your story and from previous personal experiences, I agree with other posters who have speculated that her renewed interest had a lot more to do with boredom and looking to get out than really wanting to spend the time to get to know you.

Did this "call out of blue" occur early on a Friday/Saturday (prime dating hours)?
 Wholikesboats
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:32:20 PM
Plan and simple......
she had you sitting on the bench. In a old term from my sports days....You were second string.
 dj_60_2000
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2012 1:05:21 AM
Yeah...she was getting it in with someone else. And he get tired of her or she got tired of him. So she remembered you......folks don't and won't do that if they like you. They will suck up to you before they ignore you.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/28/2012 7:49:11 AM

Actaully... I think she is telling the truth. Probably was still dealing with the break up and the ex in one way or another.

I don't think texting someone is a good way to communicate. I'd call her in person and talk to her in "real" time and feel her out and ask "good" honest questions and see how she answers them.

You can't often judge a book by it's cover! Use your own judgement.

But for 2 months, she couldn't take the 10 seconds out of her life to at least tell him she's going through a lot and she'll talk to him when it all calms down? I just don't buy it. Almost nobody in the world is that busy / stressed 24/7 that they can't send 1 message or make 1 phone call within that much time. To me, that shows someone who was never interested, who might be looking for someone to settle on.

There's no excuse for disappearing for 2 months and never being able to say a single thing to someone. I've even seen people on their deathbed who are capable of making some kind of contact with other people. I think if she really had any interest in him, she would have made the time to at least tell him what was going on.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:14:44 AM
I'd meet her, but cautiously. She's probably not completely untangled.

I've recently had this experience. I'm still dealing with the downside of a situation, mentally not actively, reviewing what was wrong, by the situations we created. One of my faults was not completely cutting one thing off before starting another (starting meaning just interest and talk). The reason is I'm wimpy and don't want to hurt someone, or maybe there's another reason, but I leave the door open a crack. I decided that I'm not going to do anything relationship wise until I know for sure what I'm doing.

I exchanged emails with someone here I felt a pull to, and one night agreed to a meeting, but turned around and cancelled the next morning, explaining that I shouldn't have let it go as far as planning a meeting, but I wan't in a good place to be doing that. Honestly, I'm really interested in getting to know him, but knew that right now I would just in-tangle him in my mess. He likely won't want to meet me two months from now, I know that risk, but when I'm in an ok place to do that, I hope that he will. I feel that keeping too much contact would be like game playing since I don't know how long it will be until I am clear, so I'll probably wait for him to email hello.

Realize you may be second choice, or getting yourself in a wishy washy mess, or be a rebound to feel better, and act accordingly, but a quote from Johnny Depp comes to mind too: "If you find yourself in love with two people, pick the second, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second." It could apply to attraction too, I suppose.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/28/2012 11:23:45 AM
If her ex is still in her life which clearly seems like he is, she's obviously not putting her foot down and tell her ex to f**k off.

I'll admit some ex's can be a bit crazy but if we stop living in fear that our ex will do this or that, well we might as well sit at home and never date.

She should change her number so her ex doesn't have it, block him on facebook so he doesn't know wat she's doing.

I think honestly, it's best not to get involved with her at the moment as she needs to deal with her issues. Cuz remember if she can't handle her mess, it can becomes urs to deal with
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/28/2012 4:14:54 PM
Just out of curiousity, would you have preffered she get all tangled up in dating you while her ex was creating drama in her life?

she had a problem with an ex, that's not even strictly a "woman thing" plenty of men have had stalker issues as well. Be glad she dealt with that issue without dragging you into it and go hang out. Hanging out does not mean there is a commitment... if she continues to show signs of being a flake wallk away
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:12:05 PM

Just out of curiousity, would you have preffered she get all tangled up in dating you while her ex was creating drama in her life?

But why couldn't she tell him? Why leave him in the dark for 2 months? What reason is there to believe that anything she told him was true? Honestly, I just see an excuse to cover a complete lack of interest, possibly because someone better came along, but then it didn't work out. Not one detail of his story shows someone who was interested in him.

I'm honestly willing to bet that there never was an ex involved. Someone who is interested in someone will at least make up a lie BEFORE they vanish for 2 months. What she did is very consistent with "she met someone better".
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:17:28 PM
She is engaged with other men who are at the top of her list. You are not and she keeps hitting you up just make sure you still there and available as just-in-case guy.

She has not serious interest in building anything with you. You are back up in case a guy she is really into decides not to get serious with her.

Your best course of action. Ignore her and let her know that you do not tolerate woman playing you to the left like that.
 nilsson84
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:39:08 PM
Don't waste your time she just got out or playing games with her ex.
 annywn
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/28/2012 9:33:11 PM
I think it means ..................................................Hi there! I just want to apologize, I feel bad for just stopping talking to you. I met you at not the best time .... my ex was acting weird & I stopped talking to most people. I know that's a horrible reason, I just wanted to apologize. If you would like to hang out sometime that would be wonderful, but if not I completely understand. Hope you have a fabulous Monday.

she was honest. Your call.
 south_city
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/12/2017 7:37:12 AM
I know this is an old thread. But similar situations have happened to me. Whenever someone hasn't contacted me for more than a week, I usually move on. Even if someone had good reasons for not being unavailable to date at the moment, at least they could sent me a text and let me know that.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/12/2017 10:20:31 AM
agreed ^ if someone ceases contact and then pops up suddenly wanting my attention, I won't respond. I'm not going to be someone's buried bone either.

this thread reminds me of:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts15803264.aspx

same type of shit.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2017 10:49:36 PM
who doesnt have time to contact someone they are interested in???. Even just a hello...... I would pass on her, she has just run out of options and you are back up. However if you are still interested. get on the phone and talk to her in real time. I would also be wary about her ex. Suss that out.
I would suggest you go somewhere cheap and suggest dutch and then see how she reacts.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Girl disappears for two months then messages me