Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How to tell a friend to back off without ruining the friendship.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tehFion
Msg: 22
How to tell a friend to back off without ruining the friendship. Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
One of the glorious things about having good, solid friendships, is that you can call each others' BS, without having friendship-ending fallings-out.

... which is what I suggest you do with this chick. Sit her down, tell her she's being an ***hole, and that you are not the enemy. If this is friendship-ending, then perhaps you're better off for the moment. Maybe somewhere down the line, she'll see she was being a**** and apologize and you two can pick up where you left off.

Although I have to add that the "she's not the attractive type and the guys give me all the attention" preamble rubs me the wrong way, big time.
 massha
Msg: 23
view profile
History
How to tell a friend to back off without ruining the friendship.
Posted: 9/24/2012 5:42:08 PM
To be honest, you - at this point in her life- are not helpful and only make her feel bad. The better looking flirt, you hooked up with the guy she liked, and probably not the first and certainly not the last time. Now that her life is in shambles, she needs somebody else for a friend, not you. So don't worry about it and just stop hanging out with her for now.
 DameWrite
Msg: 24
view profile
History
How to tell a friend to back off without ruining the friendship.
Posted: 9/24/2012 8:30:02 PM
Maybe just tell her that you're not having a good time these days being friends with her so you'd like to take a break for awhile while she goes and talks to a professional about her misery because you just can't seem to help her?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How to tell a friend to back off without ruining the friendship.