Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ladies, your thought on men in Speedos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 femalegirlwoman
Msg: 26
Ladies, your thought on men in SpeedosPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
It doesnt matter how hot a guy is, speedos are just plain wrong.
They were probably originally intended for professional water sports only.
I dont want to see a guy's bulge unless we are dating and getting busy or he's taking a shower or getting dressed or whatever. My ex wore shorts that were too tight and too short and it looked sooooo dorky. even a hot guy should wear normal shorts, not too big and not too small.
 femalegirlwoman
Msg: 27
Ladies, your thought on men in Speedos
Posted: 9/12/2006 2:09:21 PM
women dont have balls and penises, and women cant hide their breasts....theres women who show a lot of cleavage and those that dont....theres women who wear thongs and those that have their butts covered.........I also dont think women should wear thong swimsuits
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/12/2006 4:10:57 PM
Well, I have always thought that speedos are very revealing,
especially if the guy has a nice package. So do some guys want
the attention?
You are entitled to wear whatever you want, some women
wear some of the sleaziest attire, so why complain?
 designingwoman
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2006 8:27:50 PM
Personally I like swim trunks on a guy---especially ones with floral prints

The ugliest sight I ever saw on Block Island was a morbidly obese guy laying in the sun, wearing nothing but a speedo. To make matters worse, the guy was hairier than an ape!! (shudder).
 rev0218
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/13/2006 8:26:48 PM
remember Seinfeld "Shrinkage"
 crazychristy266
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/14/2006 12:57:01 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
 withoutcha
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 5:18:43 AM
arent you glad men dont feel that way about you boobs hanging out? what a joke this is,sorry
 roughpoet
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2006 5:43:27 PM
Ok, swimguy.. your shallow viewpoint has now been exhausted. You think all women should love you because you aren't ugly. Fact is, you kind of are. Not all ugly can be captured by a camera. You are still single, take a moment to think of why that is. You've revealed your true self to a lot of people here, and it's not something that can be covered by even a speedo. Good luck buddy, you have a lot to learn...
 go_baby_go
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/14/2006 10:28:04 PM
Well I've read the posts and I gotta give swimmer 2 thumbs up for calling a spade a spade. Looks like he ruffled the feathers of a bunch of hypocrites.
 roughpoet
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2006 4:03:19 PM
Yup, he's packing a big load all right...of what I'm not sure. Seems like he needs to cut back on the steroids! His anger is all that comes through the ranting and raving. I don't understand why he's so cranky... Must have his speedo pulled up just a little too high!
LOFL
 London Lass 59
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:31:41 AM
Ha ha pandora,I was thinking the exact same thing. I have seen these guys on the beach where I live, omg it is not a pretty sight...........!!

Guys please, the only ones who should ever wear speedos are those good looking hunky olympic swimmers, to everyone else, it's enough to make me wanna go eeewwww , so please don't.........!!

MrTwistedPersonality
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2008 9:34:51 AM
I think anything that is in a speedo drags up thoughts of disgust, as they don't really leave much to the imagination (which is a really, really bad thing on most occasions).
 cum_luade_rebel
Msg: 38
Afraid? You got that right!
Posted: 2/24/2008 4:42:20 PM
Phhb! Finally a topic of interest and worth for the masses. What is a conservative Speedo? Discuss amongst yourselves....

I live by the beach in Southern California and we rarely having a sighting of banana hammock. When we do, it's sure to be filled up (rather presumptuous of me, no?) by a tourista, probably a Eurotourist. Even gay guys wear board shorts 'round here!

It's like the mullet; some guys just don't get that there is a reason for what's "in" and what's "out." "Heidi, we gotta berry smuggler on the runway. Do something."

I spotted a bannan hammock few weeks back, and let's just say that if the howling wind, gray skies and forcasts for upper 50's weren't a good indicator of how cold it was, Eurodude let us all know that it was extremely cold in that water. Poor Eurodude, nutsacks need protection too.

My thought at the time: Try a wetsuit buddy, it's the tightest thing I want to see on a dude and will keep you warm in our cold waters.

Even young people know it's wrong. My 15 y/o son was considering joining the dive team last fall but quickly realised that he'd have to wear a tiny marble sack. He opted for volleyball and band.

So what does look sexy on HOT dude hangin' around a body of water: low slung board shorts. It's the thinking about what's just below that waistband....what surely needs all that room ....that get's the blood flowing. Speedos are strickly TMI!!! Makes me cringe just thinking about it.
 MikeMajors
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/17/2008 8:49:48 AM
I'm a guy in my late 30's. I used to think guys noticed girls, and girls noticed guys. Then, when I was around 18, I began paying attention to female comments about speedos in print, as something I overheard, or from a female I asked. There seemed to be this knee jerk revulsion on the part of females. So, I began walking the beach in them to see reactions out of the corner of my eye. Mind you (and I'm not bragging), I'm 6 feet tall, 175 or so pounds, athletic, not hairy, and decent looking. Never ever did I, or have I, acted like a stud who was full of himself, never did I approach a female or go "hey baby", and never did I act like some sleazeball.
At least half of all reactions I could see or overhear were the ol' "eww gross", "I hate those things", "why do guys wear those", "get some shorts", or just looks of laughter or disgust in general. Granted, out of a sea of people at a given beach, over the course of countless walks I've been on, these are probably a relatively small amount of reactions. Most times you can't really "see" reactions, and I have gotten positive ones. But, I guess the negative ones stick out.
I find it astonishing that 95% of females, or more, have far from perfect bodies...yet wear bikinis or one piece swimsuits. Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is left to the imagination except skin color. Yet, these same females criticize or make fun of even athletic guys in speedos. Big breasts, tiny breasts, breasts hanging low, breasts spread apart wide, wrinkly breasts, legs with cellulite, and often the general outline of the female sex organ are all things one sees at the beach on females. And I mean just the average female, of average age. Sure, a small minority of females look good in one pieces or bikinis, but "nothing" is left to the imagination. And yet, many of these same women love to express repulsion at even fit guys in speedos.
I came across, in a waiting room, an article about the movie Swimfan. In it, the female writer wrote how she did her visit to the set on a day when the guys weren't wearing "speedos". Right after mentioning that dreaded word, she wrote "don't get grossed out, girls, it's for their roles". In other words, it's just a given that if ANY HINT of the male organ bulges out of tight clothing, it's a cause for utter disgust.
I have developed a real problem from this over the years. Women seem almost gleeful in their rush to talk of even athletic guys in speedos as a turn off, using slang to describe the bulge itself, or how they really are indifferent to seeing a guy in something so revealing. Well, congratulations women...we get it. You are beautiful and sexy no matter what the imperfect, sagging, slightly or obesely flabby condition of your bodies, and we just LOVE seeing it splattered all out there for us on the beach. Don't even get me started on women who hate speedos, but think thongs are sexy. You stick some fabric so far up your butt it must stink like poop and you think that's sexy?? And we have this unsightly mess between our legs that should be more than covered at all times. "Oh, but Mike, it's not guy's bodies we're disgusted by, it's the speedo itself". Right. Can you imagine a guy saying "Oh we LOVE the female body, but those bikinis and one pieces are just such a turn off". Get a grip, speedo hating women, and cover up.
Until ALL women speedo haters start wearing shorts and t shirts over their one pieces or bikinis, they should shut their big mouths.
 MikeMajors
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/17/2008 4:24:49 PM
...And yet, I'm sure you think it's ok for women to wear a one piece or a bikini...where everything shows but skin color. You can attach all the laughing icons you want to your posts (I guess to put a potentially egotystical man in his place) and type out all the slang you want for the male organ, but it doesn't change the fact that women like you are utter hypocrites. I don't want to see your parts either, lady.
 MikeMajors
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/19/2008 7:48:07 AM
The above 2 female posters are clearly over 40 or 50. Aside from anything else and based on your own stated standards, I hope they wear no less than t shirts and shorts to the beach or pool. I don't care what shape you're in, even one piece bathing suits conform to every part of your body, leaving...as I wrote, only skin color to the imagination. Especially after 30, on females, all te faults start to show or become enhanced. The egos on women are astounding. Do you seriously think it's ok for women to reveal more than men, especially if the women are older or not in perfect shape(which covers most women)?? Do you really think we enjoy seeing that any more than you enjoy seeing speedos? Perhaps you are mistaking me for some egomaniac out to pick up women. I am not, I'm engaged. But the double standard that exists on this subject is almost comical.
 MikeMajors
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/19/2008 1:45:07 PM
Regarding number 2. Who says they would, at least, look decent? Who started this madness that it's ok for women to wear skin hugging bathing suits, know matter what their shape or age? Is there something more attractive about a 50 year old woman in a one piece...with vericose veins, cellulite, sagging parts and wrinkled cleavage showing? You women hate being treated as objects, yet almost uniformly show cleavage in your bathing suits. Cleavage doesn't even EXIST unless a woman wears something to squish her breasts together. Sounds like some critisisms of speedos I read.
Regarding number 3. You are sadly going on the presumption that, somehow, any woman in a bathing suit is just such a turn on to guys. Wrong. Also, if you READ my post, you'd see that I have no interest in wearing speedos to turn women on. Clearly, you also have an ego problem by making such an assumption. About all I get from these female responses is that women have just as big egos as they claim men do, and these women, yourself included, have a major chip on their shoulders.
Regarding your last point. Who is sticking what out at who? When I go to stores in the summer, it's women who's out of shape breasts and love handles are spilling out everywhere, and forget plumbers...I'm seeing more butt cracks on women than ever before in low rider pants.
I hardly walk up to women and stick anything in their face. I'll type it again, women speedo haters are absolute hyppocrites. I'll put on baggy shorts and a t shirt if you all do. Otherwise, you're just insecure man bashers.
 MikeMajors
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/19/2008 3:43:00 PM
Re read my 3 posts. I stand by everything I wrote, and find women who gleefully point out their dislike of speedos...without admitting that the common wearing of bikinis and one piece bathing suits by most women of all ages and shapes is hyppocritical, to be equally offensive. The double standard exists, and women such as you are blind to it. Many guys who wear speedos are aware of this attitude, and we are just supposed to accept it. "My" problem is women like you, quite simply. But, you don't get it, and never will. I made my point, and am not going to keep bickering with you like little kids. Go cover up. I'm visualizing you sagging, wrinkling and celluliting all over my screen. Thank God I have a "fish", so I can stay away from this site forever more.
Bye all.
 AntonioMasiello
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:01:17 AM
I don't take sides. I personally wear both speedos and baggie swim shorts. I only wear speedos out in the open when I'm by myself at the beach working out or when I'm with a woman or when I'm with one of my guy friends who also wear speedos. Other than that if I'm with family and a large group of friends I wear baggie swim shorts. I mostly wear speedos under swimming trunks but thats just me.

My opinion on this subject though is that only average weight and moderatly muscular guys and girls should wear speedos or bikinis. Fat and and old people should not be allowed to wear speedos or bikinis.

And guys, if you're gonna wear a speedo only wear manly colors like: black, blue, red, orange, green, dark yellow, and dark purple. Please don't wear girly colors like: pink, light purple, light yellow, or lime green. That just ****ing gross.
Don't wear white speedos with thin material, no one wants to see your setup! Make sure you have the body for them, if not stick to shorts. Only wear speedos at the beach alone or with your wife. If there are tons of kids around then atleast wear shorts over them. Don't stuff your speedo just don't. if your package ain't big then just go with what you got.

Ladies, if you're gonna were swimsuits, please if you're hot and young, don't wear a one piece they are not sexy. Stick to a two piece bikini. We wonna see your curves not hide them. One piece swimsuits are for fat or old ladies.
As far as color and patterns go, women can wear any color or pattern cause you all still look sexy no matter what!

Those are just my opinions. Don't judge me I'm just saying what I feel and I hope someone out there agrees!
 AntonioMasiello
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:01:47 AM
I don't take sides. I personally wear both speedos and baggie swim shorts. I only wear speedos out in the open when I'm by myself at the beach working out or when I'm with a woman or when I'm with one of my guy friends who also wear speedos. Other than that if I'm with family and a large group of friends I wear baggie swim shorts. I mostly wear speedos under swimming trunks but thats just me.

My opinion on this subject though is that only average weight and moderatly muscular guys and girls should wear speedos or bikinis. Fat and and old people should not be allowed to wear speedos or bikinis.

And guys, if you're gonna wear a speedo only wear manly colors like: black, blue, red, orange, green, dark yellow, and dark purple. Please don't wear girly colors like: pink, light purple, light yellow, or lime green. That just ****ing gross.
Don't wear white speedos with thin material, no one wants to see your setup! Make sure you have the body for them, if not stick to shorts. Only wear speedos at the beach alone or with your wife. If there are tons of kids around then atleast wear shorts over them. Don't stuff your speedo just don't. if your package ain't big then just go with what you got.

Ladies, if you're gonna were swimsuits, please if you're hot and young, don't wear a one piece they are not sexy. Stick to a two piece bikini. We wonna see your curves not hide them. One piece swimsuits are for fat or old ladies.
As far as color and patterns go, women can wear any color or pattern cause you all still look sexy no matter what!

Those are just my opinions. Don't judge me I'm just saying what I feel and I hope someone out there agrees!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:35:20 PM
There are plenty of men and women alike with unrealistic ideas of how attractive their body is to others.
And, going out in public that nearly nude, IMHO is one of the rare times when a man’s appearance is going to be judged even more harshly than a woman’s.

I would say to any man IMO do NOT wear a Speedo unless you are absolutely certain that you are attractive enough to make a successful living as a male stripper, or if you are attractive enough to be included in a "beefcake" calendar.

Again -- MHO -- just being thin does NOT make you attractive enough to wear a speedo in public. You also need some nice muscle definition. The same is as true for women in bikinis.

Here's another word to the wise to those of you men who don't already know:

IMO a very frequent mistake men make with women they hardly know is to assume that they are as easily aroused by many of the same things you are. MOST women aren't.

When MOST men go to strip clubs, they may be there just to have fun, but they get VERY aroused by the strippers. MOST women may enjoy handsome male strippers, but to MOST of them, they are just kind of a joke for bachelorette parties.

Sure, there are SOME women out there, that fall for male strippers and waste tons of money trying to buy their "love". But all in all, considerably fewer women behave that way than do men.

But IRL – apart from the male strippers and Chippendale’s men – say, at the beach: being approached by a man I don’t know in a Speedo makes him look to me, either arrogant or pushy.
 larissan04
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:43:11 PM
Look, a man wearing a Speedo looks like he is smuggling plums.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:02:33 PM
Whenever I think of men in speedos, I think of this thread:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9851733.aspx
 melodyof_k
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:49:32 PM
Personally I do not like the way a man appears in speedos. no matter how good his body is.
it looks as if he is showing off or trying to get attention.
I wont bother even looking at him.
 brian_g_123
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/8/2013 8:49:37 PM
I posted pictures of me wearing a pair of moo-cow camo print speedo suits right in my profile. Not a single woman sent me a mesage saying "Eww." Some found it cute, others thought it was an ironic rip of guys with no shirts pics, adn others said they were a cool design and my butt looked great. I met all girls who seemed to like them and they hinted I hould wear them should things pick up between us. I did, things picked up, and the outline of the buldge only served t turn them on more. Also, they make my precum "problem" extra noticeable, which only served to turn the girl on more. Two of them insisted (seperate dates) we go to the beach and I at least try them on for 5 minutes and see how others react. Sure enough, the women there did; the hot 20 year old lifeguard smiled and looked often; two seperate biger women practically started the entire 5 minutes, body languarge read "Kay, I'm horny" and a couple of chubby 13 year old girls were giggling but staring, hard, one unconciously smoothing her hand across her crotch... so as for all girls hating them; maybe it depends what day of the reproductive cylce you catch them on ; )
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ladies, your thought on men in Speedos