Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ladies, your thought on men in Speedos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whippedboi
Msg: 65
Ladies, your thought on men in SpeedosPage 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

"Lets say there is a very well built man that you have a choice of looking at either naked

Paul K are you implying here that YOU are a 'very well built man' ?

umm..... see you use a restrictive clause there, not ANY man, or a fat man ,but a 'very well built man'

results of course could differ for average/ obese, etc.
 4ms4me
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Ladies, your thought on men in Speedos
Posted: 8/15/2013 3:16:37 PM

"Lets say there is a very well built man that you have a choice of looking at either naked, or very nattily dressed..... could a tux, could be a suit, could be casual......... What would you rather see?"

If his nudity also betrayed his undying (for the moment) passion for me, that's what I'd like to see ....

Otherwise, 'nattily dressed' in a style that I particularly like is preferred :)

In either scenario, a hat is hot too.

No speedos guys, sorry. No matter the size of the bulge, if I can't see it standing proud and unfettered, I'd just as soon not see it at all.
 whippedboi
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/15/2013 3:39:11 PM
[qute] Of course, if you want to find what would happen if the well dressed man being compared to a hunky naked man, was average/obese, feel free to do so, but that would be missing the point I was trying to make.

sure. perhaps a bit of an artificial dichotomy there. I have noticed most elderly/obese guys like t make this claim.

but ALL other THINGS BEING EQUAL...I'm pretty sure most women (if they are being honest and not just trying to assuage the ego of the guy they are with) would prefer the well-built /ripped guy in a nice tuxedo over the fat guy in the tuxedo

it's not as though well-built guys can't wear a nice tux just as the fat- sagging boobies old guy can. ? false dichotomies are fun, though
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 3:34:56 AM

My point is that most women are not attracted to the male body. They may, at times, enjoy the feeling of sex, but they don't find the male body attractive.

You are mistaken.

Michelangelo's David..
Plus the genitalia of men is much nicer to look at than a woman's..

Now other parts can be nicer to look at, it just depends on what you find attractive.
 Casper66
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 4:15:12 PM
I think speedos just look sleazy, one step up from a male thong, there are very few men who look good in them, unless you are swimming in a competition I don't see the point of wearing them.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/17/2013 9:01:36 PM

Most women are not even attracted to the male body. I've only heard one woman find a man in speedos hot, and that was George Michael when he was in Wham. There are some exceptions, but women are not turned on by a man's body.

My point is that most women are not attracted to the male body. They may, at times, enjoy the feeling of sex, but they don't find the male body attractive.

Son, what you apparently don't know about women could fill volumes.
I'd love to know how you came to this conclusion, because it's waaaaaaaay off the mark.
 whippedboi
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/18/2013 2:46:05 PM
funny, y'all writing as though men are to blame for 'displaying too much in public' because I think in general more women display a lot more in public, including MANY who do not have the body shape to pull it off

cellulite, and rolls of belly fat with faded sagging tattoos and breasts at the navel-line, aging Cesarean scars, with sagging buttocks, do not mix really well with thongs, bikinis, belly shirts, skin-tight Spandex short-shorts, ladies..
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/18/2013 3:33:19 PM
I don't want to see then unless they are swimmers or divers. (or water polo, etc).
 sxymiss32
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/25/2013 8:58:38 PM
Because they are outdated and are downright unattractive.

Trunks, mmmm, how that leaves a lady something to ponder :)

@ organic gentleman - I find the male body attractive if the guy is hot looking, fit, active, and healthy, but I still wouldn't want to see him in an outdated speedo.

Get with the times guys!
 Chipsss
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2013 11:41:47 AM

Because they are outdated and are downright unattractive.

I

Trunks, mmmm, how that leaves a lady something to ponder :)

own

I find the male body attractive if the guy is hot looking, fit, active, and healthy, but I still wouldn't want to see him in an outdated speedo.

a

Get with the times guys!

Mankini
 _babblefish
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/28/2013 1:49:16 PM
Here's the thing FOR ME as a woman. Unless you're Markey Mark or Adam Levine (in that awesome hands across the genitals FB pic) I don't need to see all your skin on the beach or at the pool. Near nakedness, to my mind, seems to be a treat men like in women, stranger or not. I personally don't need to know what your body looks like unless you happen to be someone that I have already considered the possibility of sex with. Does that make sense?

not to me. . north americans could use a lot less suppression of nudity without the evil sexual overtones and implement a healthier attitude towards body image > ( post # 214)

toss the speedo, i'm all for a ancient greek style summer olympics
 cotter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 11:03:26 AM

Why are ladies so against men in "conservative" Speedos?
I didn't know we were against that? When did that happen?

Are ladies shy and afraid of being "caught" with a wandering eye?
I can't speak for other women, but I really don't care if someone sees me "looking" ... men don't seem to care if others see them "looking" at women in scant beachwear.

I'm personally against over weight men wearing them ...
Wouldn't a "Speedo" get kinda lost on an "overweight" man? Just sayin' .......

... why can't we confidently wear them without negative comments?
You haven't told us who is speaking the "negative comments". Maybe whoever it is needs to be oriented to nude beaches so they can fully appreciate the "scantily clad" look!

Are ladies afraid of fantasizing while gazing at the "forbidden fruit?"
Why is the "fruit" so "forbidden"? You show it and don't want us to touch? What kind of game are you playing?

moonbeamlover
Msg: 77
Posted: 9/28/2013 10:03:33 AM

Men in speedos...hmmmm....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!

Well, ok, I've seen one or two who looked good in them...but then they looked good in anything.

Disclaimer: No glass was shattered during the typing of this message.

LOL. Gotta love it...

Is there such a thing as a "conservative" speedo? Isn't that like saying there are thongs that don't wander up your buttcrack?

Well, providing you don't wear them backwards.

Then again, there is a certain strange satisfaction to wearing thongs backwards....

Now I have some incredibly disturbing images in my head...

personally, speedos don't do anything for me; not so much because I'm grossed out; but because I have an issue with the mentality of most of the people I have come across who wear them. I like beautiful men just fine; but have an issue with men who love to broadcast their beauty in well... in your face kinda ways. I know that says way more about me than it does them, some people can pull them off well, some people can't.

But to me they are a turnoff... because they showcase not just the family jewels, but the mental strut that assumes all us women WANT to see every millimeter of their uh, favorite appendage in front (and I personally think they actually rarely look good from behind; they are made to showcase frontal). They are usually arrogant, think they are God's gift and act like they are doing you a favor letting you enjoy their uh basket of fruit visually. And men that have that mental strut? Always repel me. I know other women love it; I don't. Way prefer confidence over empty vapid arrogance.

again though, that's just me.
 whippedboi
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/29/2013 11:25:42 AM
^

But to me they are a turnoff... because they showcase not just the family jewels, but the mental strut that assumes all us women WANT to see every millimeter of their uh, favorite appendage in front (and I personally think they actually rarely look good from behind; they are made to showcase frontal). They are usually arrogant, think they are God's gift and act like they are doing you a favor letting you enjoy their uh basket of fruit visually. And men that have that mental strut? Always repel me. I know other women love it; I don't. Way prefer confidence over empty vapid arrogance [/quote

would this in general be a different attitude for women who assume that everyone must want to see every 'legal' possible square millimeter of flesh on their ancient sagging mammary glands? who at every opportunity wear low-cut tops cut down to the nipple line, or maybe below ? --even if said nipple like is roughly at the same level as the navel line- or below ?

or who need to show their bellies and their legs (often cellulite-ridden) up to roughly the kitty level/hair-line?

sure some guys in Speedos are like that (arrogant) -others COULD possibly be just athletic, serious swimmers don't swim in baggy knee shorts
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/29/2013 8:07:41 PM
GAG! WAY too much info! Did I say, GAG!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/29/2013 8:47:20 PM
whippedboi;

you are correct. It works both ways :)
 cotter
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2013 9:59:45 AM
I guess "family jewels" and "Johnson junk" really doesn't bother me.

Long before I became a nurse, I lived in Germany and over there we all go into the saunas naked ... nothing left to the imagination there! I've long since lost any inhibition about being naked or in a skimpy bathing suit and have no inhibition about seeing men in skimpy beach wear. I have to deal with naked men all the time.

Even when I worked in the jails ... here in Columbus, those guys often just run around in their boxers in their cells ... only put long pants on to go down to the medical unit. The guys in lock-down single cells are almost always either in their boxers or often stand around in there naked. At the Tampa jail they were required to be dressed all the time, but again, in the single-cell lock-down units there were no guarantees.
 19Adonis76
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/27/2014 8:04:43 AM
such baloney, if a woman is going to look, then she is going to look, if a woman has not going to look, then she is not going to look. what real man cares if a woman looks anyways.
a man who cares what a woman really thinks, is is a true sign of a "yes" man.
Be a man and wear what you want. show some common sense.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/27/2014 9:03:43 AM
IMO< In general, most people look better with clothes ON...Nothing to do with prudery or shame, just from an aesthetic point of view. Save the 'hanging around naked' for the statues!
 Mentisnow
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/10/2014 12:40:11 AM
They need to be banned, just like they need to inform the female population that tights, and leggings are not meant to be used instead of jeans, trousers, skirts and or dresses.

Specially if you are not going to wear something to cover your very see thru leggings, and tights.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/16/2014 9:35:18 AM
Nothing to brag about here so boxers for me.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/21/2014 6:52:45 AM
Didn't like them even back in the Mark Spitz era. Although I was a swimmer back then and had one of those '72 Olympics Speedos - you could get slightly tanned through the stars. Unfortunately I was too young to have anyone to show off the tan pattern to.
 Chipsss
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2014 8:53:26 AM
A few weeks ago it was very hot (according to the MET office 2014 was the hottest year since records began) and therefore my tunica vasculosa (ball bag) was like a pancake, it was so loose. Like this the testis are more prone to obstruction, I'd rather they are out of the way.

With boxers I find it more likely I'll get one of them caught on the under-middle lining of a pair of trousers as I sit down or something. I wear pants or briefs as they are called. When swimming I wear either speedos or the tight shorts type trunks.

If you fart while underwater, baggy bermuda type shorts can catch the air inside, so you can float about like that for a bit, or store it and go up to someone then release through top of your shorts, oh yes.

However if you are serious about doing lengths or getting fit, baggy shorts will slow you down in water.

Whether they look good on me or not, I don't care how it looks on other people either, whether they are fat or old. Once going for a swim in Germany the changing rooms were starkers (albeit not mixed sex) nobody cares.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/30/2014 2:37:20 PM
^^^

though this topic was on our opinion of guys in speedos not asking guys why they wear them, i will admit I have a little bit more sympathy to hardcore swimmers now. (though I would have been cool with SLIGHTLY less detail LOL).

I will admit they don't float my boat visually but I will never judge a person who wears them. That isn't the part of a guy I appreciate anyways if I'm out and about; I'm a legs and abs gal, and you can see those in any kind of swimwear :)
 overunity
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2014 3:50:33 PM
To me guys in speedos equal those guys that wear "bicycle" outfits. The ones that appear to be emulating some sort of super hero with a torpedo hat, and shoes that click onto the peddles of the bike, but they can hardly walk on them lol. They usually claim to be athletes of the highest order as well, for their peddling prowess. For me I just wish they didn't feel they own any road they ride on over vehicular traffic untll they can do the posted speed limit.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ladies, your thought on men in Speedos