Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DoubleParked
Msg: 23
The most loving thing Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The most loving thing I have so far experienced is when my husband was dying of cancer, he stayed in our home and trusted ME to take care of him till the end.

Though it was cruel and hard and ugly, the cancer, it brought out the kindness and softness and beauty in our relationship that we had vowed to do in sickness and in health.

webmdtech
Msg: 24
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 5:14:46 PM
we rolled one night and she asked me to listen to Incubas "The Warmth", the song said :

So don't let the world bring you down
Not everyone here is that f*cked up and cold
Remember why you came and while you're alive
Experience the warmth before you grow old

I don't know if its because I was rolling, but i just felt all my emotional walls came crushing down, I told myself that night that i would never cheat on her or ever give her a reason to be sad. Basically i fell in love with her that night and for the next five years i truly had the best years of my life with her.
 zookie57
Msg: 25
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 5:17:19 PM

What was the most loving thing he/she did for you?

I guess my first love at 17, was a good start..............or so I thought at such a young age..............yet 40 years later, she is still beautiful woman, like wine & roses,"Forever Young," as that brit sung years ago.

My second, which I married , was the next. It lasted 20 years & it was wonderful , & sharing,living, loving & have a family together. I was lucky enough to live my childhood again,raising with my boys as they grew,matured as young adults.,,,,,,,,,,,,,xoxoxoxoxo

My children are the best,& know they will succeed in life & strong work edict, & hopefully in love will serve them well too!

And my third & final love, is yet to be..........or maybe just living & loving what we all have,is love enough to me....
 Dolphina
Msg: 26
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 5:47:08 PM
The love of my life called me Clare, and I called him Francis. That relationship was sweet, lovely and very special. I've not experienced this lovingness since. It was a short relationship because he was posted elsewhere and I couldn't follow him.
 Lilbitofsugaandspice
Msg: 27
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 6:15:22 PM
The most loving thing that happened to me today was my 5 year old daughter said to me Mommy I wish you could not go to work and I could not go to school and I can can just stay with you all day everyday! True love comes in all shapes and sizes.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 29
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:29:00 PM
My children constantly do the most loving things in the world that I can even think of anything loving any guy ever did for me.

Oldest son bought a colander at a yard sale. Banged up to hell. He seen on TV someone use on for a space helmet. It didn't work. So he scrubbed it clean and wrapped it for me along with a glass tray he bought for me. I still have it.

My walls are covered with their art. I often frame it professionally.

I sometime have to go pick up kids and while I am gone mine clean the house and do all their chores.

On many occasions other people tell me how kind and well behaved they are and that makes me beam.

I have it made.
 WiseBurro
Msg: 30
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 9:45:28 PM
There were so many things she did that were loving, I can die anytime having experienced that show of love. What really affected me deeply is when she would defend my character from people who would make snap judgements about me because I am an introvert. She would really put them in their place. I always felt proud to be with her.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 31
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/27/2012 11:52:11 PM
~OP~ Great thread. Nice to read loving things vs. the norm here.

~OT~ Well, this is a different kind of love, since it was my son and not a romantic-love-interest. Before he died, we had a conversation in which he was trying to set me up on a date with his former football coach. I declined (MUCH too young for me) and in a sort of sad/somber voice, he made me promise that (at some point in my future) to "let someone love you again." I did make the promise. That was our last verbal conversation. I hope he's peeking from wherever he is, because I kept that promise. So I guess it's two "most loving things" for me. My son loving me enough to tell me not to grow old all alone and my SO having the courage to go this route with me. Bless both their hearts.
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 6:32:26 AM
First marriage, I was about 20. My husband came in with a huge shopping bag and asked me questions before he pulled each item out.
"What do you complain about each morning"? Me, "Nothing to wear". He pulled out a sweater. (God awful ugly but that was okay).
"What do you spend the most time looking for in the morning?" Me," panty hose." He pulled out 5 pair.
This went on and on with books, gum, etc.
He had walked around shopping trying his hardest to buy me everything I needed. Nothing expensive, everything very thoughtful.
It was his time and thoughtfulness that has left this the number one memory of what a loved one has done for me.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 33
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 8:49:14 AM
This was a strange thing to come to mind, but it was my first thought, so I"ll type it.

I formed a connection with someone on Second Life, a virtual reality world, who was there (mostly) to explore his submissive side. One day I was having a bad day and when he asked how I was, I said irritated, but didn't want to talk about it. He came to my "house" and assumed the nadu position in front of me. It's a position of submission and openness. I was given permission by the gesture to to be and do whatever I wanted. I looked at him and felt love for the offer. I resumed the building work I was doing on my house, saying nothing for a long time, and he just stayed there open to me. I became completely calm, knowing I could vent or dump things on him or whatever if I wanted. We stayed almost silent about an hour and a half before I told him 'Thank you, you can go". I found it a terribly loving gesture.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 34
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 11:03:00 AM
The most loving things my ex did was many actually. One nite when I was staying over at his place, and my shoulders were hurting so much. I couldn't sleep, I was constantly turning around in the bed trying to fall asleep but my shoulders were killing me that I just wanted to chop my arms off as my last resort. Anyways, I woke up many times during the night and tried to walk around the condo, hoping the pain would go away eventually.

I woke up at 6am, as I just couldn't take it anymore, and went and slept on his sofa in the living room. I passed out and the next thing I remembered was my ex bf sitting by my side, stroking my leg ever so softly and whispering wats wrong and I said my shoulders were killing me. And he found a heat ice gel and he massaged both my shoulders for few minutes. That just melted my heart. Unfortunately I tried to go to sleep again and the pain had come back again so I eventually got up and started doing my homework and let him sleep in.

Oh yeah the 5 months we were together were the best 5 months we had.

He showed me that nice guys do exist and that they do care. I had never experienced the kind of love and care that he gave me with any other guy I have ever dated in my entire life. And I will never forget all the things he did or showed how much he cared for me. Too bad things didn't work out for us as I would spent all my life taking care of him like he does for me.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 35
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 2:00:50 PM

OMG! A woman who is actually OK with guys that are broke, & you actually appreciate things other than material items or restaurants that cost a lot. Why aren't there women like you over here in North America?

^^^^^^^^^^^
Its not your money ( lack of).
Its your attitude about it.

Why whining like a ****** on a nice thread?

Most women in any country will take happy hour (2 beers for one with free wings) with a guy that is attractive to them with a great attitude.
People have to BLAME something on not being in demand I guess.

Op I changed my mind.
I bless all the working class men that have taken me out on their dime with a smile when they needed a new TAR on their Pinto.
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 36
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 4:48:41 PM
Wow verygreeneyes. That was very touching. It made me both happy and sad for you. Best wishes.
 sissy1202
Msg: 37
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:31:05 PM
For me...it was when he bent down and strapped my shoes for me. I thought it was amazing.
 69okiejoe
Msg: 39
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 1:53:50 AM
Yea i ad very similiar experience!! The more u do the further behind u get!!
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 40
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 2:08:18 AM
As they say , You can't live on love,,,," ya gotta eat"......lol
 Midwest_Southwest
Msg: 41
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 9:08:10 AM
Love OldHag’s story.
My thoughts run along the same lines.

What was the most loving thing he/she did for you?

See and hear me, and then care about me as I am. Notice and appreciate that I see and hear him, and care, too. That's fabulous.
 TheRealMackaay
Msg: 42
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 9:35:03 AM
She knew that I was down from a rough week at the office. She asked me to help her feel good. When your lover invites you to do this, it is one of the best feelings. Then you spend time together and share your tender love and just enjoy being there. Afterwards, she just says a simple thing like, "I love you and I am so lucky to be with you!" That memory never leaves. No matter what the end result was, those moments where you went from doubt and weariness to confidence and happiness while sharing love together remain for those who refuse to keep bitterness in their heart or mind. I would not want to go back to my ex, but that blissful memory will be in my mind forever. Thanks for the topic, because I had to really allow myself to just think about the best. Nice way to spend time!
 Slinkythebadboyswife
Msg: 43
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 9:54:10 AM
He always holds my hand in church, even if we have gone to bed angry. It always lets me know it will be okay.

Slinky
 irish_smackie
Msg: 44
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 10:23:55 AM
The most loving thing for me was with my daughter... she had brain surgery a little over a year ago (she was 18), and when she woke up from the surgery, still groggy from the anesthesia, and I was terrified about the long term effects of the surgery. I wondered if she would recognize me, or be able to speak? Would she be in pain? She motioned me closer, closer, closer... so close I thought she wanted to whisper something in my ear... and then she took my hand, and leaned in close, and kissed my cheek. She went back to sleep, but didn't let go of my hand.

I still cry when I think of it.

My ex husband once stood out in the pouring rain under a broken umbrella to make me "breakfast in bed" while we were camping. That was probably the most romantic thing anyone ever did for me.
 kemetlady
Msg: 45
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 10:41:09 AM
OP, thanks for starting this forum.
I can never forget the most loving thing a man has done for me. It was a very long time ago while I was raising my kids as a single parent. I met this guy in the grocery store and we talked on the phone for a while. So I decided to invite him over. When he arrived he brought in about 7 or 8 bags of groceries; everything from cooking oil to toilet paper. It totally surprised me. I was young and I had been struggling on my own without any financial support doing it all by myself. I had never met anyone that had been that thoughtful. It really did blow me away every time I thought of him shopping and buying all those things for me. Unfortunately I found out later that he was a married man, and that was a deal breaker for me.
 _gjetost
Msg: 46
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 2:35:49 PM
OP;

It seems fair to say that people have a tendency to post either questions or answer when things are not going all that well. Kinda like airplanes. You hear about the crashes or related incidents. You don't hear about the vast majority of times things go off well.

As to your point:

Kudo's for sharing the story.

People come on here for a host of reasons, look for different things and offer different things in return. That's just the way of the world and not likely to change all that much.

In light of that anecdote, consider this; who makes us laugh, who makes us cry, who is there for the big things, the little things, and the ordinary day to day stuff? Who is it that helps answer the question of what the fuss is all about?

Another way to look at it is to think that at one time is to say that you thought that you might change the world in small way. Your SO may not have changed the world in some way, but they changed yours.

Again, nice story you shared.
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 47
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 7:58:24 PM
Sometimes peoples experiences are expressed in the forums and are appreciated by many, it's nice to know there are some normal people still left in the world and they still have feelings. Good forum read here.
 _shakti_
Msg: 48
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/29/2012 10:18:17 PM
I had a huge crush on one of my classmates in college, but I never let on. One year when final exams were over, we all went out for drinks and ended up closing the place down. Then a bunch of them were going for breakfast, which required a bit of a jaunt. My feet were absolutely throbbing in my fabulous heels, so I decided to pass and just go home for the night. The guy I was crushing on really seemed to want me to come, and kept asking/pleading. It was the middle of winter, thick snow on the ground.. he took his shoes off and sprang on ahead in only his socks so that I had no choice but to put them on and follow. He walked in the freezing cold in sock feet all the rest of the way, even though I kept trying to catch up and give them back.

Nothing ever happened between him and I, but that really stands out as being so totally sweet.

I'm drawing a blank at the moment as far as stand-out loving acts by bf's. I don't know if that's a defect in my memory, or just my picker, lol..
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 49
view profile
History
The most loving thing
Posted: 9/30/2012 8:09:27 AM
He ran a bath for me and when I hopped in he brought me a crayfish sandwich with a glass of strongbow dry cider.
They were the good ol day's!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >