Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RERE1026
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Communication lost with my fianceePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Seems to me if you quit communicating there will be no communication. Good luck.
 privat33r
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Communication lost with my fiancee
Posted: 9/30/2012 5:50:17 PM
Mr C is correct. She left the building.

Getting people back.. Okay.--- I've more or less NEVER found this works. Don't go for lame. Don't go for sympathy. Don't go for anything that happened before. They're letting us go for 110% excellent reasons...

What can work.. Okay-- make something happen. Real things. Build something. Create something she loves, or hates. Hates might be easier, it still shows you care.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:43:33 PM

For me i love her and i know she loves me ,, it is obvious in her writings in social networks .

Well that's good to here.
So pick up the phone and tell her that you love her.
COMMUNICATION is VERY important.
 gcdeb
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/30/2012 6:44:34 PM

that's why i didn't want to communicate with her .. at least till i find a solutions or explanations for what happening here ....
The ONLY way (apart from hiring a private detective to check up on her) that you will find out 'what is happening here' is TO COMMUNICATE with her.

She is the only one that knows how she is feeling about the relationship.

Maybe it is just that your relationship has moved out of the honeymoon phase and settled down a little. I don't answer all the text messages I get, and I regularly don't answer them straight away. But I my partner lived overseas and expressed (rational) insecurities, I would be a little more attentive to allay his fears perhaps.

So you need to tell her how you feel and see how she responds.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/1/2012 2:16:47 AM
You need to go back in time, and remember the special day/s,moment/s, and communication you shared prior...DO NOT ASK HER WHAT IS WRONG, you will get the same answer, and do not ask her to be HONEST, that is just insulting...

The fact your posting this on here, makes me think you really have to figure how to communicate to her again...Keep conversation light hearted, and really be interested in what she says, how she is, and how she feels...Once she shuts down, on any of your questions, do not go on the offensive, and start asking what is wrong?...Be honest, I know something is bothering you?...She will tell you if there is something...

In conversation try to reminisce about past situations, where you felt SHE was happy, laughing, and your communication flowed like waves in the ocean...Try to relate that thinking to present as well...

Your dignity,lmao, sounds more like your ego, get over your "dignity" if you really want it to work...You can feel this, YOU can feel that, do not worry about YOUR feelings, and be the perfect partner , with selflessness and you will have a chance...
 bmore_goat
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2012 10:09:50 AM
I'm really sorry. This relationship just sound like one long train wreck.
You been on here with issues with this woman since july. I wrote something on your last thread, but that went in one ear and out the other.
You need to stop writing here because we really can't help you. You have 4 threads of information and for everything we write, you come up with a "yeah, but"

If you are REALLY serious about marrying this woman and getting your relationship back on track, you'd get the hell on a plane NOW and sort out your relationship face to face.
Delete your POF profile and get rid of facebook, because that seems to be nothing but trouble for you.
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:37:04 PM
Everything can be fine... There's only so much you can talk about with someone that you haven't seen for a few months...

Find things that are interesting and ongoing that you two can talk about.

If she's saying to go back, and stuff like that, she obviously wants to see you... And there's also the reality that talking to someone that you can't see can be tough. Not everyone handles it too easily, sometimes talking to that person makes you feel worse, and it's because you want to see them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >