Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women Confuse Me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 51
Women Confuse MePage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Somehow I don't think you would be contacting me whether I had you blocked or not.

Guess you'll never know for sure---but then it's a moot point anyway, since you've already decided your fate.
Msg: 52
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/6/2012 8:40:15 PM

Guess you'll never know for sure---

Oh I know. Experience tells me so.
 blessedmom2bear
Msg: 53
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/6/2012 9:13:32 PM
I get wayyyy to many of these messages about sex when my profile clearly states that I do NOT wish to receive them. My pictures are not suggestive. I do have big boobs and you can see cleavage but those are my WORK clothes and in no way meant to entice anyone
 MsMicki
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/6/2012 10:11:05 PM
Makes me wonder if you think women in short skirts and a cleavage showing top "deserved" to be raped.....

same frikken mentality

btw.....Iansmom.......you work in education.
Queen does not.
Different work atmospheres allow different dress codes.

and I do have to wonder what your deciding to tell all of us about your DDD boobs says about you?!
Just saying you had larger breasts would have sufficed!!
 deerdog1
Msg: 55
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 5:25:39 AM
after looking at queens profile I saw nothing suggestive about her pictures ..my thought was that a factor in her getting lewd messages might just be because of her choice in a screen name ..any thing with ..pimp...69...96 ...and a host of other sexually suggestive terms .....well you get my drift
 joshhl
Msg: 56
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 8:17:24 AM
After reading a lot of this nonsense and men bashing I have to chime in here. The reality is men are sexually driven for the most part,yes there are a few exceptions to the rule,not saying every man in this world only thinks about sex or having sex all the time but most of us do,myself included. Me and a friend actually did a study on this many years ago at ECU. We went out to several clubs,bars etc. She volunteered herself as the "bait" since she was by far more attractive than me. Anyway we went to 10 various establishments on 2 different occaison's. One night she dressed like a ho,plain and simple stripper heels,ratty 3x T cut at the midriff wearing a lacy bra underneath and some booty shorts,she had her hair down in big loose curls and didn't wear her glasses. Every man that approached her had one thing on his mind,sex and that was it. The next weekend we visited the same establishments and she dressed very conservative,mock turtle neck long skirt and some boots with her glasses on and her hair pulled up into a neat bun. She got approached 4 times the entire night dressed conservatively where as she got approached 186 times dressed like a slut. Sex sells period. Just because we as men are more driven towards sexual encounters than most women does not make us dogs or pigs. As far as DeerDog,as a fellow former LEO I understand in 95% of the situations we come across women scantily clad it is not in a sexual sense,usually it is during some kind of crisis therefor the male protection instinct is predominate and not the male reproduction instinct. That is all I have to say and please let the grammar nazi's and spelling police get to work and let the male basher's commence to jump all over this post,it is what it is,numbers don't lie plain and simple 186 vs 4...
 MsMicki
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:12:27 PM
well yeah dude......^^
cuz using 2 complete extremes is an awesome way to do a study!!
You could have at least went out a 3rd time with your friend dressed somewhere in between slut and librarian!!

You do remember that little part you were supposed to learn about the "greater the variables involved, the more accurate the expectation (outcome) of the experiment"....don't ya?
And nowhere in your scenario did you use a reliable source of participants......
cuz I guarantee you 99% of the college men you were "studying" wanted sex those 2 nights......not just the 190 that approached her!
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 58
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:30:43 PM

Just because we as men are more driven towards sexual encounters than most women does not make us dogs or pigs.

Don't fool yourself, young dude...most women are just as driven as most men, but most women also know how to keep it under wraps and not make leering fools of ourselves when we encounter an attractive man (drunken ducklips girls being excepted).
 HeartOn64
Msg: 59
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 12:36:49 PM

Sex sells period. Just because we as men are more driven towards sexual encounters than most women does not make us dogs or pigs.

What makes you innappropriate is in how you behave due to your sexually driven minds.Just have some amount of decency and character in how you come at women,and try not to treat them as "meat" without feelings and believe me,you will get alot farther. Women have strong sex drives and we dig sex too! We just don't appreciate being seen as purely sex objects no matter what you think of what we are wearing.

The point isn't that sex doesn't sell,the point is that just because a woman dresses a certain way that may
say she's up for sex in some men's eyes,doesn't mean that's all she's up for,nor does it give men carte blanche to act like morons,talk sh*t in pm or assume she's an easy prey for sex.

Sure,we know sex sells, but to act as though we are asking to be treated disrespectfully or assumed to be looking to get laid because of how we are dressed or posed,is just plain rude.
 59thShadeofGrey
Msg: 60
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:24:09 PM

Sure,we know sex sells, but to act as though we are asking to be treated disrespectfully or assumed to be looking to get laid because of how we are dressed or posed,is just plain rude.

I had a first date with a woman who wore a see-through blouse. Amazingly, she caught me looking at her nipples, and chastised me with "....Um, I'm up HERE!!"

Lol!

Give me a frickin' break. Don't dress like 'meat', you likely won't get treated like meat. Have some respect for yourself and the people around you and dress appropriately or take yer beatin' like a grownup. Just sayin'....
 MsMicki
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/7/2012 2:02:58 PM
well there is a line ......blurry as it may be......that does cross over to hoochie!

I would full expect men to act raunchy if I was dressed raunchy!
 HeartOn64
Msg: 62
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/8/2012 4:48:18 AM
If most of you can't conceed that men have a responsibility to not act like "horny dogs" around women,
no matter what they are wearing,then I won't ever get my point across here.

I know I have a right to respect,no matter what I am wearing.Sorry if you consider that ignorant.

Maybe if men stopped assuming they were entitled to getting laid by woman they deem provacative,this wouldn't be an issue at all.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 63
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:01:18 AM

So men are not capable of thinking about anything but sex once they see a picture of a woman they think it is sexy.And it is our responsibility to not be sexy?Enjoy the results of that world if you get your way.

Debydu_z
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 64
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/11/2013 3:39:26 PM
Maybe NSA stands for National security Advisor.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/11/2013 4:32:18 PM
My cat confuses and doesn't listen to me. Is there something wrong with him?(he was neutered btw)
 OutMind
Msg: 66
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/11/2013 5:57:11 PM

Maybe NSA stands for National security Advisor.

Be careful. The Moscow airport does not have room for that many people.

LOL.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 67
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/11/2013 6:03:44 PM
We can go about this in so many ways...and the facts remain the same, your aim should not be understanding women, rather understanding that you will never figure it out. Men and women don't have anything in common but we were created to fit into each other (lock and key), we see the world from a different perspective. We may have common interests and things we like, but the way we think of those things is different as well.

Here's what I think when I see women's pictures with perceived missing/absent fibers

1. The garment lacked additional fabric, that's not anyone's fault, lol.

2. Clothes look different according to the woman's proportion. You see a very petite woman (not much in the front or back) in a bikini, and you think she's having a great time at the beach, the sun is out, she's smiling, its all fun and games. Let a full figured woman with curves, big boobs and big a$$ do the same thing, and all of a sudden she is advertising for sex, shame shame shame!

3. The only way she feels pretty is with less clothes, we are only "good" from about 18-25, then start losing firmness/elasticity and go on 25-40. Women that take care of themselves or have really good genes, can go beyond 40 looking great, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. So the younger or older a woman is, the perceived need to expose certain things may be evident. For example, women in their 40s showing a little bit of cleavage to symbol their breast are firm or in good condition, selling point for some who live an active life or prefer women who are still physically appealing. I'm yet to hear a man say they like women whose breast sag beyond her belly button.

4. She may be doing it for attention and feels that is all she has to offer, that has to do with self-esteem.

5. She figured out some men think of dating as "I will go out with her, because I can see myself f*cking her*, so she took a shortcut and put the goodies out on display so the flies can stick to the glue faster.

6. A woman that admires her body, and displays it as an appreciating of art. What men see or think is their problem.

The possibilities are endless.

I have never thought a woman would do that because she wants to appear seductive/provocative and wants sex. I don't know women who would sleep with just anybody. Even in my teenage years, I slept with people I found appealing, not just anyone knocking on my dorm, or anyone I met in person.

Not sure why the worst is always assumed. I admire women's bodies as well as my own, and displaying who we are (and our bodies reflect lifestyle), its not be interpreted as some lavish plot to show something but want something else. Women are not confusing, the way you interpret women's actions is confusing.

That's all folks! *in bugs bunny voice*
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 68
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/12/2013 12:26:44 AM
I like to show off my cleavage, and I'm not bothered by sexual comments, but its not invitation to have sex with me.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/12/2013 6:24:24 AM
I dont find women confusing at all in general terms.
I meet women who are confused as individuals, but I meet just as many guys who fit into that actegory.
Society tends to create this confusion with all the mixed messages it gives.

I tend to feel sorry for us in general. We should be able to tell a person they are attractive without turning into a projection fest. Sadly, for the majority of people, the attempt to understand the opposite sex pretty much stops in the locker room.

I have found the key to understanding ANYONE is to simply take them at their word.
It removes the responsibility of me needing to "interpret" their behavior and places the responsibility for their own behavior squarely on their shoulders.

Women are not confusing.
The extra things you bring to the equation are.
 NDTfan
Msg: 70
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/12/2013 7:33:37 AM

I have found the key to understanding ANYONE is to simply take them at their word.
It removes the responsibility of me needing to "interpret" their behavior and places the responsibility for their own behavior squarely on their shoulders.

Exactly, and that's the way it should be. I remember one boyfriend of mine who wanted sex, and when I turned him down he kept it up until I got mad about it. When I finally raised my voice and said "LOOK, I SAID NO!" he actually had the nerve to tell me that I was being a tease because (wait for it) I had taken a bubble bath to relax and we "always" had sex on the nights I take a bubble bath. I don't know if that's true, but I pointed out that I also brushed my teeth on those days too, and ate food, and woke up, etc.

I have to repeat myself so often that it's making me wonder if most of the human race are a bunch of passive-aggressive monkeys who see nefarious intent everywhere because they're not capable of anything else themselves.

I have been accused of having "risque" pictures before... and it's actually been a good thing because it weeds out men for me.
- the control freak who tells me to take the pics down.
- the sexually uptight
- the sl** shamers
- the ones who see my pics and don't read the profile.

As for the pics themselves; I'm not photogenic in the slightest so I don't have a lot to work with. The night I made my profile I tried to put up the head shot and the shot in my costume. Because I had taken the costume shot in a mirror and had to cut out everything outside, the length was too long to upload. So I took off my head and my legs. The leg shot was actually taken for an online newspaper that had asked for reader submissions for a slideshow. They were doing a story on women, their "worst" body parts and self-esteem. They wanted pictures of real thighs (cellulite, spider veins and all) and that's the picture I took.

When I realized that I didn't have a "full body shot" but had the parts, it made me laugh so I went with it. If people want to make snap judgments of me simply because of them, they will and there's nothing I can do to stop them.

BTW, I've been accused of being sl***y and a tease while wearing jeans and a turtleneck with long sleeves. Some men out there will get turned on by just about anything, there are even those that get hot just imagining what's under a fully covered woman's clothing. Women can't win, so they might as well have fun.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 71
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/12/2013 7:48:16 AM

I remember one boyfriend of mine who wanted sex, and when I turned him down he kept it up until I got mad about it. When I finally raised my voice and said "LOOK, I SAID NO!" he actually had the nerve to tell me that I was being a tease because (wait for it) I had taken a bubble bath to relax and we "always" had sex on the nights I take a bubble bath. I don't know if that's true, but I pointed out that I also brushed my teeth on those days too, and ate food, and woke up, etc.

I think we have a boyfriend in common. Anytime I shaved (and yes it was a ritual), he thought I was prepping for sex. I just like to be smoother than a baby's a$$ but it doesn't mean I wanted sex each and every time.

I've gotten request for casual sex, FWB, FB. I've gotten all kinds of questions:

"do you have implants?"
"are you 100% physically real?"
"how do I know you are really a woman?"

I guess they have that internet courage, to ask what they would otherwise not ask in person. How about meeting me first? lol, then ask your creepy questions so I can excuse myself to the bathroom and not return.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 72
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/23/2013 8:43:14 PM
That is a switch. Women I date, are always getting after me for sexual liaisons .
 gtomustang
Msg: 73
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/25/2013 9:00:35 AM
actually, its pretty simple (as it usually is in life):

1) not all men and women are intelligent. Most are--duh--average. they act in ways that, by definition, aren't very intelligent b/c they aren't living at the end of the intelligence bell curve. they might be doing what society tells them is OK, or they may be doing something that feels good for the moment but has long range implications they aren't aware of--or simply don't wish to be aware of.

2) a few women realize, deep down,they don't have a lot to attract a man with other than their body. they didn't develop their personality, they tried to follow the crowd instead of becoming an individual, they just don't have much personality to begin with, whatever the reason. so, they use what they got. other w0men, of course, write long profiles to let you know they have more than T&A to attract a man....which makes them of course more unique than the woman who only has what every other woman was born with.

3)if a woman thinks you're hot, and her body is telling her an egg is ready to be fertilized, she's not going to worry about you being too forward with your "urge to merge". but if she ain't interested in what you got to offer, then you trying to access her body is like her trying to access your cash--it leaves you feeling creeped out.

4)there's an old saying, "a guy walks into a social event and looks for the hottest girl, a woman walks in and looks for her competition." some women don't dress up to get laid, but just to say, "this is where i am on the pecking order." they're sick of just being a mommy, or just being a coworker, or just a frumpy housewife. they want to show their social status can also be, "the boys all want my milkshakes" (to quote that gawdawful song).

5) there is a difference between a guy who treats all women with an attitude that says, "I want to have sex with you", and a guy whose attitude towards willing participants is, "I wonder how our personalities would interconnect if we flirted and created a little sexual tension."
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 74
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/26/2013 7:00:19 PM
You are mistaking their profile pictures as a advertisement for sex when its really an advertisement for more male attention. Woman love male attention. They can feel fulfilled by having several guys trying to get at them. Always watch a woman's actions over her words. she might say one thing and in a subversive way be referring to something else entirely. Learn to pick up one that coyness.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 75
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 10/28/2013 10:52:23 AM

Women will post sexy pics because they enjoy it and know that they will get a lot more attention this way but have to contend with the sleazeballs along the way. However it is easy to delete and block.

They enjoy the Attention. Yes. I think the OP's issue is when such a woman doesn't see it as "easy to delete and block", but instead Complains.

A woman dressing in lingerie in her picture or wearing revealing clothing in provocative positions, etc -- that's fine. Many women will do this because they are looking for more sexually-related situations. But when a woman does this and ISN'T looking for that -- you can't have your cake & eat it too. You're asking for that attention by asking for those thoughts to run thru his head.

If a guy has a profile of just pictures of him with hot girls in clubs and slamming Natural Ice beer in bongs, he can't cry foul because girls will assume things about him. Profiles are advertisements to display what you're about.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women Confuse Me