Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women Confuse Me      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NDTfan
Msg: 80
Women Confuse MePage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^ Why in the world are you treating people differently based on how many people you're GUESSING they've slept with? Do you seriously think that the type of clothing a person wears is an accurate way to measure that?

And so what if they're whores? You must be really sexually frustrated, because I've never once decided to treat a man any differently because he MIGHT have slept around with a lot of women.

Imagine, getting approached by someone like that, who believes that you can tell how sexually active a woman is, by her body type and clothing; and that he gets to treat you accordingly..... smh.
 imlivin
Msg: 81
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/17/2013 7:46:08 PM
^^^^^ As I stated before NO ONE dresses provocatively to make themselves feel better, they do it to get attention. If, by chance, you do dress provocatively to make yourself feel good then you have deep DEEP issues.
Again this is simple, if you want to be treated with respect show respect for yourself. If you want to be treated like a woman who is sexually driven then portray yourself that way but don't get made if a man approaches your for sex when your portraying yourself that way. If you put pitures up of you riding horses would you get mad if someone started a conversation about horses, or if you had pictures of you in a wet suit would you get mad if I asked you if you liked to surf?
 curviest
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/19/2013 7:08:00 AM
^^^ I agree with imlivin

When a woman flaunts herself across a bed in her profile shot, what she is saying is: "THIS is what you can have IF you get involved in a deep, meaningful, long term relationship with me."

What men think she is saying is "You can come and f*ck me right now".
 Fleuron
Msg: 83
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/19/2013 1:54:37 PM

I think these ladies should think about the images they post on their file

So? You’re not responsible for anybody’s decisions but your own. I’d be willing to bet women don’t really care what you or anybody else thinks of the pics on their profiles.

You could always message them and tell them what you think and watch yourself get blocked. Oh….you probably already did that.

Maybe that’s why they get so “ticked off” when they get rejected. Boo hoo!
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 84
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/20/2013 3:21:00 PM

(Fleuron) Maybe that’s why they get so “ticked off” when they get rejected. Boo hoo!

That'd be like walking into a gay bar and having no one hit on you. It, uh, happened to a friend of mine...
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/20/2013 4:16:02 PM

As I stated before NO ONE dresses provocatively to make themselves feel better, they do it to get attention. If, by chance, you do dress provocatively to make yourself feel good then you have deep DEEP issues.

This is a complete crock.
People dress different ways for different moods and ways of expressing themselves. If she wants to test the waters a little and let a little skin show, then thats her right. If she wants to do ANYTHING with her body in order to feel good about herself, then who the freak are you to judge?

I had a girlfriend who made it a point to always wear matching lingere. Even when it was under jeans.
Why?
Nobody could tell...
Nobody could see it...

I asked her why and she said it made her feel better, more confident and a tiny bit sexy.

You seriously need to talk to a few women about this subject and respect that everybody is in a different spot in their journey.
I dont think people who dress provacatively have "deep issues" but I think the people who judge them for it do.
Probably a lot deeper than they realize.
 jc91607
Msg: 86
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/21/2013 9:42:03 PM
I think this thread is offensive. It is not because I am a feminist or particularly chivalrous. I come from the perspective of a selfish guy that likes looking at pretty women dress sexy. If guys are rude to girls who dress sexy, they will stop dressing sexy and we will be left looking at women with frumpy sweaters.
 Lexti
Msg: 87
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/22/2013 8:20:44 PM

This is a complete crock.
People dress different ways for different moods and ways of expressing themselves. If she wants to test the waters a little and let a little skin show, then thats her right. If she wants to do ANYTHING with her body in order to feel good about herself, then who the freak are you to judge?

I had a girlfriend who made it a point to always wear matching lingerie. Even when it was under jeans.
Why?
Nobody could tell...
Nobody could see it...

I asked her why and she said it made her feel better, more confident and a tiny bit sexy.

You seriously need to talk to a few women about this subject and respect that everybody is in a different spot in their journey.
I dont think people who dress provacatively have "deep issues" but I think the people who judge them for it do.
Probably a lot deeper than they realize.

^^^Lonescottishboy is the truth! I love his posts! This is a man with sensibility.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 88
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/23/2013 7:57:26 AM

(fleuron) I’d be willing to bet women don’t really care what you or anybody else thinks of the pics on their profiles.

And I'd be willing to bet that you'd lose that bet. The Profile Review area is not an online ghost town, ya know...
 aanarchist
Msg: 89
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 11/27/2013 4:58:48 AM
Women confuse me when the ones who I treat well aren't attracted to me and the ones I ignore pine for me, dafuq is that shyt all about???
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 90
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 12/30/2013 8:47:46 AM
I am just going to be myself.
 26danAZAK
Msg: 91
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 12/30/2013 11:41:55 AM
It doesn't bother me, I think the only thing that bothers me is the double standard. Women can post pics with almost nothing on, but if a guy shows a bare chest his account gets deleted.
 GJBrown
Msg: 92
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 12/30/2013 9:28:13 PM
nothing to be confused about. Annoyed but not confused.
some women online and offline just like to tease and show off
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 93
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 12/31/2013 8:01:17 AM
Women show provocative on here b/c they want attention and male compliments. It helps them sleep at night. Their complaints arise from some justification that makes advertise sex for attention and not actual sex acceptable. Just acknowledge those type of females and let someone else feed their egos.
 26danAZAK
Msg: 94
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 1/3/2014 2:06:09 PM
I agree that there is a difference between provocative and sexy. I see some women in their underwear and bra pulling down thier panties part way. It is obvious they are doing it on purpose.
 gtomustang
Msg: 95
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 2/28/2014 8:41:57 PM
If a fellow dresses like Rico Suave, is anyone confused as to his purpose?

I've watched women in microskirts stop every 5 steps to pull it back down over their cheeks.Obviously, comfort wasn't the reason they paid (so much)for that piece of cloth.

yes, SOME women want to be the center of attention,and know how to pull that off (pun intended). As such,we tend to notice them, since they stand out from the rest.

if you sit down with people and listen to them talk, you can find that, yes indeed, their head is where you thought it was at. you "heard hoofbeats" and instead of wondering if it was a zebra or a horse, you realize it doesn't matter--you better make sure whatever it is doesn't run you over, b/c that's the most important thing about hearing the hoofbeats of anything that outweighs you.

what's the most important thing about a woman you don't understand or don't respect?

don't date her.
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 3/1/2014 10:08:09 AM

When a woman flaunts herself across a bed in her profile shot, what she is saying is: "THIS is what you can have IF you get involved in a deep, meaningful, long term relationship with me

This is bad. Very bad. Even creepy and unattractive. It's kind of along the lines of op's observation that many women still depend on their appearance to attract a man. Looking nice is good. Showing how fit or attractive you are is fine. But we should know that that's not what I'm talking about here.

So many women still really do think in terms of what they're worth and who they are being mostly decided by their appearance and attractiveness, or that the goal of dating or romance is for the man to win the woman or "make" her like him. Examples -

A profile has pics, but nothing worth reading except a complaint that men don't read them, and/or the suggestion that if you're interested or have questions, just ask...but there's the assumption that we'd be interested in the first place based effectively on the pics alone, because there's nothing else there. In R.L., you'll see an attractive woman or a woman who's "dressed up", when she notices you noticing her she forms the assumption that you've already decided that you like her or want her...this is revealed by how she operates from that point on. In R.L. and online, you'll run into that attitude of "what you see is what you get" when you attempt conversation beyond a certain degree...they just can't comprehend that you don't know her by looking at her, nor comprehend how to engage in conversation to get to know each other. You ask a woman out on a date, there's that foregone conclusion that you already want her, and it's all about you romancing her to make her like you, so you have to pay for those first dates before you even know who she is and would even have a reason to do such a thing (of course this is also because of a bad way that she views and values the genders).
 thingsrgood
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/7/2014 1:30:27 PM
Lol...understandably confusing....women that demand respect and have self respect don't do it.....It a as confusing as men saying they don't want a one night stand and do everything to get you to do them the first date..
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 98
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/7/2014 1:40:11 PM

nothing to be confused about. Annoyed but not confused.
some women online and offline just like to tease and show off

I don't think it's anything to be confused about, or even annoyed about. They have shown that they are all about, then it's for you to bite into it, or move on to someone else.
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 99
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/11/2014 4:56:57 AM
Yep...always intrigued me when they take pictures on their bed too...usually with something a bit revealing on....as youve said always been a gentleman...never sent any kind of crap and always let the woman ask any kind of sexual questions.....and they do giving time....lol....unreal!
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 100
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/20/2014 5:54:28 AM
Yep....sometimes theres more Tand A on the sight...and could NEVER figure out why a woman would post a picture of herself on a bed....unless.......not to mention giving them a compliment only to get knocked for it.....I quit doing just that.....got tired of all the self rightiousness....good guy,loyal guy,gentleman....gotta laugh....most wouldnt know one if they tripped over them.....enough of the soap box and on with the forum entertainment!...lol
 gtomustang
Msg: 101
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/22/2014 8:44:59 AM
If a woman like LSB's example is wearing clothing no one can see, I suspect its different from someone posting a pic spread out on a bed, or sauntering thru public w/ their thong two inches above their jeans. Still, the point is, its more mature to present oneself as "attractive" than "sexy", b/c the former gets a nicer form of attention than the latter. The former makes the viewer see the whole package, not just this curve or that one.

society, and especially advertising, has certainly embedded the idea of woman as sexy object into all our brains. as we all mature, we learn that not everything society tells us, is necessary a great fit for us (success is more than just money, its not my clothing nor my Mustang GT that make me a man, etc).

the woman spread out over the bedspread may indeed want a long term relationship with a hot guy, or she may just want to make up for daddy ignoring her with a slew of accomplishments. only listening to her talk will tell for sure.
 chrisshrew
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/26/2014 6:13:52 AM
I think there is a difference between meeting a woman that dresses provocatively in real life and online. In real life she may not necessarily be looking to attract guys although if she is attractive enough its likely to happen. On a dating profile however she has those intentions and therefore attracts the comments.

The whole subject of sex should be avoided in any case from profiles male or female until there has been a meeting of sorts. Also I'm not sure the profiles with only attractive pictures are really that serious in dating online. Its quite easy for them to find a guy in the real world and unless you have a six-pack any messages are likely to be ignored because she knows the reason you are sending her one.
 Caredigwr
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/30/2014 12:26:09 PM
What does intrigue me is the number of female profiles sitting on a bed or with one in the background. Is it an unintended consequence of using full length mirrors for selfies or a deliberate subtle message?
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 104
Women Confuse Me
Posted: 8/30/2014 9:47:57 PM

.................female profiles sitting on a bed or with one in the background.

LOL, Following that train of thought, how about the profiles with men OR women with a toilet in the background.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women Confuse Me