Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 95
Dating a guy who's far better lookingPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
i date girls all the time who to many are ""better looking"" than me....

but my game and my sh1t is tight so they know I'm doin it right with them.

i would NEVER date a girl that I was better looking than...

cuz I'd neva respect her...

she ain't a challenge..

the challenge for me is dating the women I want to and then either bouncing on them or getting them to wash and iron my clothes...

its that simple...
 Conquistidor
Msg: 96
Dating a guy who's far better looking
Posted: 11/20/2012 12:55:55 AM
I wonder if I can tolerate you for 2 hours ? You make it sound like the woman is the selector? Lol just giving you a hard time you may exhale...... I do agree with the first statement though. I've dated some average looking girls in my time, and thought they were the most beautiful to me, even though some of my mates didn't agree.
 Conquistidor
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/20/2012 1:13:17 AM
Dude!! Women are not into looks as much as you think. Walk up to a girl look at her in the eyes, project confidence and say something funny with a hint of arrogance to her, tease her a bit, and show her that you have no fear of her beauty. Women get excited when you do this to them. They will try to "test" you to see if you're "congruent", just have a better comeback, to her "test" thats all. It takes a bit of courage, but once you overcome the initial approach anxiety, and you have the correct body language, it's all good. But please do not make the mistake of feeling you have to "buy her a drink" the second you approach her, she's used to that, and dude, you do not need to give her any power.
It automatically turns women off, especially above average ones, if a strange guy offers to buy her a drink. If you get to know her and SHE IMPRESSES YOU, then by all means take her out for a drink or 3. It's about projecting confidence and not really caring about whether she likes you or not. some women will try to tell you the opposite, but it's not true. I mean look at POF for example. There really are plenty of fish out there. Just a few major changes and you will be the man who gets the ladies. I challenge anyone to argue with me about this. All the best!
 rdcnorm
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/20/2012 4:31:25 AM

not to be akilljoy, rdcnorm, but why does your profile state you're looking for someone when you're happy with whatcha got? :)

No problem bud,, you must have missed the martial status, {NOT SINGLE / NOT LOOKING} and this first line of my profile..
says,, not single my girl owns my heart.

I don't agree with your sentiment exactly, that confidence comes from the other person in your life HOWEVER I'll agree that it helps to have someone see in you, what you already see in you. while our bodies will age and lose the physical beauty, the inner beauty gets better with age, as the maturity level increases...

I wasn't speaking of what would normally be self confidence as that I have, rather when two people are involved you feed off each other knowing the other persons love is strong, therefore gaining security in a relationship, all the while NOT becoming complacent to where a self confidence takes over,,

As for inner beauty I would most certainly agree,, as for someones outer beauty fading with age, or sickness,, I would have to disagree,
 Tryns
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:33:12 AM
Funny story.

I met my GF on another site. She only had one picture up on that site and after noticing her pretty smile and eyes, then reading over her profile I decided to send her a message. We traded some messages back and forth and then progressed to the phone. When I first spoke w/her she said she doesn't look anything like her picture online. I'm thinking "oh my here we go". She then emailed me current pictures and.......she's an absolute bombshell. She was pretty in her profile picture online but she had changed her hair color and had lost some weight since that picture was taken.

The funny part of this story was if she had a current picture of herself up I would have probably thought "out of my league" and just moved on. I've never asked her why she didn't update her picture but my guess is she was tired of dudes chasing her for her looks and was hoping to find someone that was more interested in her as a person than just a pretty face. Lucky me I found someone who is not only educated, successful and driven but also and absolute knock out.
 ladysuccubus
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/12/2013 6:24:30 AM
I'm not going to lie, makes me feel uneasy cause usually if the guy I am dating is better looking than me, he prolly has an ex girlfriend that is EXTREMELY better looking than me. I have low esteem as you can see.
 lauraly84
Msg: 101
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:42:06 PM
I think there are a lot more pretty women than there are attractive men. So the odds of having a more attractive partner is higher with men. Also, I think women are more likely to date someone based on personality and the kind of man he is, where lots of men are more superficial. Sad to say, but that's the way it is. But don't forget beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's junk is another man's treasure.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >