Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 laskoboo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
At what point do I give up?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
This is not love your describing...
sounds more like your infatuated.

You cannot "make" someone love you.

You will give up and make better choices about who to love, when you love yourself.
 NCnavetG8r
Msg: 5
view profile
History
At what point do I give up?
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:09:20 AM
Yep, he's been honest with you, now it's your turn to be honest with yourself. He told you he can't be monogamous, so either you go forward knowing he's going to be seeing other women, or you end the relationship and find someone else who can and will be faithful to you. Easy decision imo. Too many scary STDs out there to deal with players these days.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:49:41 AM
no one even slightly measures up to him. But there's very very very little chance of a future with him. He made it very clear that he's tried having relationships, but it's not in him to be monogamous.

Most of us may rightfully assume that he wasn't picked based on his "character"...

Soo, OP, just what criteria DID you use to choose that "claims to be unavailable" person?

Since I doubt there will be much response to my question, also the veracity of this OP,
then I suggest that "upgrading your picker" will greatly benefit the OP's future relationships...
 privat33r
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 2:44:49 PM
People who actually have a connection stick. The stick tape parts work. Even when they're complaining that it won't last its not that believable. The question of "is there a future" seems to have little to do with real potentials. I've found that the ones that seemed to be least interested in making it work are those I still know now- the ones I can't let go.
 Maleman999
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/4/2012 3:58:06 PM

At what point do you decide this person is not worth it anymore, especially when you're still crazy in love with him/her?

You need to ask yourself: Why are you crazy in love with him? Obviously he doesn't feel the same way about you. This sounds like high school, puppy love stuff. Love is when both people feel it mutually. The danger I see is if/when you get into another relationship and this Mr. Perfect shows up, would you jeopardize a relationship to have a fling with him?
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 8:24:38 PM

At what point do you decide this person is not worth it anymore, especially when you're still crazy in love with him/her?

Now! Right now, this minute is the time to move on, especially since it's not mutual.
 daynadaze
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 8:40:01 PM
The moment you see yourself as important is when you see that someone who is not for you at all is not really someone you love or want to be with. You are just flucking with your own head right now and you must enjoy that or you wouldn't be doing it. Figure out why you are purposing not finding someone who treats you like you say you want, and what the big drama attraction is to someone who doesn't want you.
 ARTSYLADEEEE
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 2:50:03 PM
He obviously doesn't feel the sam about you. Get over it.
 whatagirlwants12
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/12/2012 5:36:55 PM
Have some respect for yourself girl! you are young , beautiful and intelligent..so act like it!
He thinks you are nothing more than a disposable commodity... ready willing and able to run and jump when he decides he wants to use you.
You deserve someone who will adore and cherish you...cut all communication now!
He's been honest with you now be honest with yourself...he may be all these things you describe but one thing he isn't is the one for you..
 RedDelPaPa
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2012 7:16:40 PM
So many women here, and men will tell you, "just do this or that." Or, "I would have already been gone." Like it's a piece of cake right?

My advice for you is to realize that he's not all that. He may have money, looks, fame, etc. But he's a screw up that can't hold a relationship together and can't recognize something good when it's right in front of him.

He's a screw up, Op.
He's a screw up, Op.
He's a screw up, Op.
He's a screw up, Op.
He has serious flaws.

Realize that it was your man radar that mistakenly tagged him as a friendly instead of a hostile. Then fix that sucker, try to laugh at it all, and move on. Easier said than done, I know.
 DomG79
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/12/2012 7:46:41 PM
I've never completely given up, but it seems it is better to not devote too much of your life into finding someone. However, being alone gets old pretty quick.
 irish_smackie
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/23/2012 5:52:49 AM

Get rid of him when the idea of sitting at home crying over him while he takes other women out to do things he should be doing with YOU becomes unacceptable.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >