Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the f      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moutainbreeze
Msg: 51
Not Again!Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

At least 50% of men you meet within 5 minutes stick their tongue down your throat.

That statement sounds so ludicrous, even if half true. How can anyone discuses this in earnest?

I agree, I have never had a man act this way (although plenty get screened out in the phone call or prior in email because they are inappropriate and ungentlemanly). Maybe her screener is broken.

Most men are not creepy, rapers or pervs. Listen OP, unfortunately, when you start posting about how "all the guys you meet stick their tongues down your throat on the first date" and how helpless you are to stop it, then that really is a white flag for all the closet rapers to ask you out. If you are the sort of lass who has problems with standing up for yourself, you need to rethink this and get a game plan together that keeps you safe and keeps these gents in line. Telling a group of strangers on a dating site that you are vulnerable simply places you in future danger. I wouldn't want that for you dear; so please buck up and find a solution that keeps you safe.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 52
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 3:47:32 PM
I swear there's a lot of cold fish replying here. If I want to date a Cold Fish, I'll go buy one at Safeway.

Then you have the ones who exaggerate with the "tried to shove their tongue down my throat" line. Unless the person is a freak of nature, their tongue isn't long enough to reach your throat. Y'all sound like a bunch of Drama Kings and Queens.

If someone isn't feeling it and doesn't want to kiss me by the end of the first date, not first meet, first real date. Well there won't be a second date. If we're not attracted to each other by the end of the first date that we want to kiss, that attration isn't going to magically appear on date number 2 or 3. Either it's there from the start or it's not.
 beachluvr78
Msg: 53
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 3:55:20 PM
This behavior calls for drastic measures! The next moron to stick his tongue where it doesn't belong will get a swift kick in the nuts!!!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 54
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 3:58:40 PM
"The next moron to stick his tongue where it doesn't belong will get a swift kick in the nuts!!!!"

NO NO NO, use your kneecap, you don't want to lose your balance or ruin a good pair of shoes. Plus you get a lot more thrusting power....really!
 AngelofHonesty
Msg: 55
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:09:43 PM
What the hell does sticking a tongue in your mouth on the first date have to possible do with a LTR, I'm literally confused, sorry but no wonder you don't know what the hell is going on because the rest of us sure don't!!!!
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 56
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:15:23 PM
I just got a Fri. Date and I will have one up on half the other guys, now that I know not to stick my tongue down a person throat, I had never seen before. (unless negotiated and contracted ahead of time through fax.)

Is this proper protocol?

Date one: or meet: Drink coffee and say things like. "this place is so cool and the coffee is great".

Date two: (rare) Lunge at woman with very erect tongue, also keep a stiff upper lip for support. Push tongue in woman's mouth, deep.

Date three: We all know what happens on date three.

Date four : Moving day since one lost their abode, now it's the real world with the other persons head on the next pillow forever.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 57
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:28:17 PM
Maybe they thought L T R meant ,,,,lotsa tonguing restaurants

I think even Gene Simmons would wait til you're in the sack,,,lol.,
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 58
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:48:17 PM
Date five: Divorce court and/or getting your stuff off the lawn.
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 59
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 4:52:11 PM
I have had women taken by surprise when I kissed them after meeting having known them for months....
and I have had women upset I didn't fondle their ass at the meet and greet because they questioned my interest.

We just have to accept we don't know what the other person is thinking nor should we. I like to kiss. If I feel like kissing I kiss. If it goes well great and if it doesn't we discuss it so we can try and stay on the same page. I guess if I think about it if the mouths are open and the kissing is good it would seem like the tongue might get some work.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 60
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:07:31 PM

Date one: or meet: Drink coffee

I don't know how this ever got started but it would be a very cold day in hell before I ever met a lady for the first time over coffee. No wonder some of you are shaking hands. Talk about an informal setup for failure.

I don't care if you are meeting for the first time.. it's a DATE and should be treated as such. Meet for a drink with an option for dinner/walk/something.... leave coffee for the first morning you wake up together.. preferably after date 3.

Sheesh
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 61
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:10:39 PM
In the first five mins, Really? I have to go with Phil an derer. Keep them out of your personal space.
If I didnt want someones tougue, in my mouth, believe me, they wouldnt be able to!!!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:22:08 PM

I cannot fathom trying to french kiss someone I just met. That's bizarre; and for it to happen multiple times?
Something doesn't add up??

indeed. probably happened once, maybe twice, then morphed into a metaphor for 'guys i date have the nerve not to be what i want.'
 Sandy4779
Msg: 63
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:29:39 PM
Sorry you are clueless but this is my point! Why does a guy think it is okay to stick his tongue in my mouth during the first meet. I am not looking for a FWB.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 64
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:34:18 PM

Why does a guy think it is okay to stick his tongue in my mouth during the first meet

I think there is pretty universal agreement that 1) this is not ok and should not be happening and 2) you should not let it happen.
 Sandy4779
Msg: 65
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:41:32 PM
OKay, listen up! Espiecially you ....Your BrandNewGuy!

I go out with people that I had good chemistry with through text/phone calls before the first meeting. We meet ( I hug my dates if I am attracted as a pleasant greeting.....we are all in the same "boat" after all). We are happy, talking. I sometimes receive a kiss on the cheek or a peck on the lips during our meeting. That's cool if I like them.
There have been some that I like, that I think are coming in for the peck on the lips but then the tongue comes out and I pull away. I think to myself "You ass! Everything was so nice and you messed it up!". That is my complaint. Why would a guy come on so strong like that? It is such a turnoff. He loses my interest at that point. A guy can be so nice, conversation can be great, and then he tries to turn it into a hookup.. What a bummer!

I did notice one thing. This always happenes as I sat side by side with a date..... on a bench, on stools at the bar at a nice restaurant. Maybe It's time to sit across the table. :)

And to YourBrandNewGuy....simmer down now! It does happen!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 66
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 5:58:37 PM
"This always happenes as I sat side by side with a date..... on a bench, on stools at the bar at a nice restaurant. Maybe It's time to sit across the table. :)"

BINGO! Problem solved. Whew that was easy, only took 4 pages...haha. OP, I always sit across from someone, just for that reason. I don't like to get all touchy feely, it just seems weird because you're meeting what is pretty much a stranger. I am uncomfortable with cozying up someone I talked to on the phone a couple of times.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 67
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 6:04:31 PM

BINGO! Problem solved. Whew that was easy

Really? Almost all of my dates start out as drink dates which means... drum roll.... stools at the bar. You don't get a table unless it progesses to dinner.

I am uncomfortable

Believe it or not.. that really comes across...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 68
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 6:29:39 PM
"stools at the bar"

I don't meet someone at a bar, but if that works for you, great.

"I am uncomfortable

Believe it or not.. that really comes across... "

You left out the rest, but that's okay. It hasn't put a cramp in my social life...I really wish the site still posted the last 5 forum posts on the profile. I had at aleast a few of the emails I got today mention they read my forum posts, I'm sure a few of them read my posts here. Hmm...yet they still want to meet me? Wow must be something wrong with them huh...
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 69
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 6:53:37 PM

Sandy4779:
I go out with people that I had good chemistry with through text/phone calls before the first meeting.

Well there's part of your problem, if you believe you have 'chemistry' from text/phone calls. Anything before you're face to face is all smoke and mirrors. You can't tell real chemistry without seeing someone in person. If you think you can, that's all a pipe dream.

Another thing, just because someone wants and or gives a passionate kiss on a first DATE, does not mean they're only looking for a FB or FWBs. Many people have made out with their future spouse on the first date and have a long and happy relationship.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 70
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:00:58 PM

I don't meet someone at a bar

{rolling eyes} yeah.. it's all about you... the OP said SHE did and it is a common thing that normal people tend to do. Imagine that?

Wow must be something wrong with them huh...

Are you asking for my honest opinion? Probably not.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 71
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:02:05 PM
"Anything before you're face to face is all smoke and mirrors. You can't tell real chemistry without seeing someone in person. If you think you can, that's all a pipe dream."

Agree, but in fairness to the OP, she's not the only one, in fact it's fairly common. I'm sure you've read a few other threads, and many say the same thing. There was a LONG thread, been going for years, don't know if it's still there about can you fall in love before you meet. If not there's probably been more posted since. It's all an illusion until it's in person. I couldn't agree more.
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 72
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:51:43 PM
Sandy
Since you are being so flirtatious with me, I say this somewhat tongue in cheek. If I were to encounter a woman as lovely as yourself I would keep my tongue in check.

OK sorry for poking fun, I think if I would get tongued by even one person that I'm not attracted to or don't know I would, punch them with heart felt impunity. You can't just go around tonguing people, it's a dance of sensual, erotic arousal to be preformed with grace and skill but most of all consent. It's amazing what one can do with consent.

I didn't know guys do this and as sad as I am for the victims it does make less available men for the kind of women I'm after.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 73
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:02:48 PM
"Since you are being so flirtatious with me"

Forget middle school reading comprehension level, I don't have a shovel big enough to accomodate this large a pile of manure. You're not really even that good at what you're trying to do, but the stink is pervasive. Whew...I'd rather be sprayed by a skunk....haha. Quit while you're only this far behind, if you wan to dig yourself deeper into the crap pile, I'm sure Home Depot has a backhoe you can rent.
 cynditrose
Msg: 74
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:21:40 PM
After our meet, the GENTLEMEN, walked me to my car. I was almost running so that I could get away, lol. I open the door, as I'm saying good bye and he moves in to kiss me good bye. I turn my head away, and drum roll please, he gives me this sloopy azz kiss that felt like a dog just licked my face. I couldn't get in that car fast enough and rub the hand sanitizer on my face.
He couldn't understand why I wouldn't see him again??!!
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 75
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:24:08 PM
bucsgirl you could really bore a person, with you endless platitudes and drivel.
I'm still making fun of the fact that people especially you are taking this topic seriously, so what am I digging myself into exactly?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.