Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the f      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 76
Not Again!Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Why would a guy come on so strong like that?It is such a turnoff.

I would mark it down as poor self-control or a total mis-read of signals.

A guy's desire to kiss like that may be there, but if there are no clear signals, he needs to exercise some self-control for the time being.
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 77
Not Again!
Posted: 10/9/2012 8:37:20 PM

At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss. It could be a hello kiss, or "oh I like you" kiss. Doesn't matter if children are nearby, it always happens in front of people on the street or in a restaurant.
My profile shows that I am looking for a LTR.
What's going on!?
This is getting very discouraging.

Hand on the chest and push them away..turn it into a joke "you're fast one aren't you mr. sexy/sly/or some other ego boosting term. Keep your tongue to yourself on the first meet" laugh about it...turn it into a joke... and it'll kill the awkward tension preventing future boundary crossings while not ruining something potentially good with someone who just isn't good at reading body language
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 78
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:49:32 AM
If by the end of the first DATE, not meet, DATE we don't feel some chemistry and share a passionate kiss, then there will be no more dates between us. Anyone I'm dating will be old enough that they should know how to kiss and if they are a bad kisser, that's a deal breaker for me. If you haven't learned how to kiss by now, then I won't be able to teach you.
 Just4me29
Msg: 79
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:53:41 AM
Probably your choice in men. Looks great with hidden flaws.
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 80
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:58:51 AM

If by the end of the first DATE, not meet, DATE we don't feel some chemistry and share a passionate kiss, then there will be no more dates between us

YEP! Exactly! There it is! And some folks on here wonder why they don't get a called back for another date.. playing "hard to get" right.. no kiss is a sign of low-interest. No need to waste anyone's time..move on..
 Sandy4779
Msg: 81
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 11:26:52 AM
These kisses were during the first MEET.
 abmccray
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 11:50:42 AM

These kisses were during the first MEET.

Then, as many have said, you do a horrible job of picking guys to date.

If something happens -every- or almost every, time, the problem is pretty much always YOU.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 83
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 12:07:37 PM
Sandy ...

I find it rather appalling that some folks are actually blaming you for the behavior of these men. It's not your fault that they show little restraint. Just to be clear, if we were on a first meet/date, I would kiss you as well. Most likely when we parted (maybe earlier) but I would indeed make the attempt. I'm not one to let an opportunity with a pretty lady pass me by. The problem here isn't the kiss but the type of kiss. I understand that you were expecting a soft gentle quick kiss and these guys tried to shove their tongue in your mouth without really knowing you. What can you say except that some guys have no class whatsoever.

I just want to assure you that these guys are not the rule but rather the exception.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 84
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 12:20:50 PM
All I can say is drama,, 50% of the time you like the kiss,, the other 50% you don't .. that equals 100% of guys you kissed or have kissed you,, something made those guys want to kiss you,, you may not like this,, But I don't think many men go around kissing women, unless the invite is there,, my point is,,think about what your doing before you pass blame on the man,,
 Sandy4779
Msg: 85
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 5:32:36 PM
Stubidoo, You read my mind. Thank you!

ComplekCity...........such a great response!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 86
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 6:39:50 PM
I agree with Stubidoo....my experience being on this site, the men I've known from the forums, talked to on the phone, met in person. no matter what happened, it's been more than a positive experience and TOTALLY worth it. And I'm not distant or cold, I'm warm and frinedly and made many great guy friends here that I've known for years. I get uncomfortable ONLY when I pick up on the vibe, and it has happened, that they're all over me and not respecting any boundaries. Like he said, it IS he exception not the rule.

We learn from experince, so hopefully everyone has benefited from participating on this thread. I don't think, OP that you should come out from this with a bad taste in your mouth (NO pun intended) for the men that you have the opportunity to meet. Because, on the whole, most of the men here are great guys to get to know.
 lobo65
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:14:57 PM
Next time, tell them you forgot to inform them that you have Mono.
 DragonBits
Msg: 88
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:30:44 PM
So if a man on a first meet does not attempt to give the lady "soft gentle quick kiss" then does that imply to you that he isn't interested?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 89
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:06:38 PM
Ha my last date went straight for the boobs I just turned around run to the car and left. So disrespectful
 rdcnorm
Msg: 90
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:19:13 PM

Ha my last date went straight for the boobs I just turned around run to the car and left. So disrespectful

Sucks doesn't it.. my last 2 dates garbed me by the balls and said i am taking your sweet ass home..I couldn't run she had me by the balls,, sucks it not just men,,
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 91
Not Again!
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:58:16 PM
Maybe u can introduce them to my last date they would prop get along just fine lol
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Not Again!
Posted: 10/11/2012 3:14:42 AM
Can't you close your mouth or back off and say WAIT A MINUTE..

They like to show tongue talents ?
Tongue the territory checking for teeth?
 Sandy4779
Msg: 93
Not Again!
Posted: 10/11/2012 4:32:59 AM
I hardly ever post on the POF forum and today I am reminded why.

I am finding that some of you are taking my posts and then change my words or make assumptions. Who said that I don't pull away? I said that"every" guy throws in the tongue at a first meet? Who said I don't like a kiss at the end of a date if I like the guy.
Advice means nothing if the story is changed.
I hope you are better listeners in person! :)
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 94
Not Again!
Posted: 10/11/2012 4:44:44 AM
I had a horrible experience as I mentioned before and it is over and over again just can't seem a guy who would like me for me. Things like that shouldn't be happening on first date light kiss maybe that about it. I totally understand u u meet those great guys and they ruin it last second like grabbing ur boobs c on really? They are some girls who will go all the way n if guys want that that's fine trust me u do t need one like that. If they want to have a gf like that then they def do not deserve u. Hang in there I hoping there is a guy out there who will like that about u. I'm still waiting. And I def def think that's it is very direst scruff ppl a few yrs back didn't do stuff like hat since dating sites give them all those choices decent girls get screwed if I don't get it from her I get it from someone else. But if that makes u feel any better. Their profiles at sti on POF as well.
 Stubidoo
Msg: 95
Not Again!
Posted: 10/11/2012 5:11:02 AM

So if a man on a first meet does not attempt to give the lady "soft gentle quick kiss" then does that imply to you that he isn't interested?

A long long time ago I went on a date with a girl and while I really liked her I thought the date went terrible and she didn't seem interested so I did not kiss her good night and did not ask her out again. Sometime later, we met and she told me that she was so nervous that night that she could barely function and that she was DYING for me to kiss her and I when I didn't she figured she blew it.

Lesson learned. Kiss the girl.
 Calm_One
Msg: 96
Not Again!
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:10:39 PM
How old are these men?
Do they kiss you , and you kiss them back...or do they just dive
right in? I haven't discussed with other men how far they try to go
on a first meet, but that's not the norm in Ga as far as I know.

Not that things can't get to that level or further if both people are
taking it there...
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 97
Not Again!
Posted: 11/17/2012 6:32:37 PM
Why don't you try going out with some decent men instead of dorks?
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 98
At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.
Posted: 11/18/2012 12:34:56 PM

This is getting very discouraging.

I agree. I'm discouraged too. I had always hoped 100% of my dates would do that to me.
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 99
Not Again!
Posted: 11/18/2012 12:48:39 PM

Let me replace 'meet' with 'date' (I don't do meets) and answer. Normally yes. No kiss, no interest. But a kiss does not necessarily mean interest, if done without passion.

Depending on your dating skills, there are exceptions though. Once I flirted on a successful date and withheld the kiss, but she knew I wanted more. On the second date she asked me about it. I told her that in this particular situation a kiss would lead to more, and I wanted to take my time with that. Yeah, I was a tease that time. And loved it. On the third date, she ended it with a kiss initiated by her. All bets were off and a good time was had by all. I still remember that kiss from over two years ago.

Now that my dating skills are rusty, I will follow SOP.
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/18/2012 4:01:28 PM

Out of curiosity, what does the other half stick in your mouth?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.