Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the f      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 83
At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

My profile shows that I am looking for a LTR.
What's going on!?
This is getting very discouraging.

So if you are looking for a LTR you should not french kiss?
 vintagecarlover
Msg: 84
At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.
Posted: 12/20/2012 10:39:15 AM
A man who can still drive while kissing a pretty girl is not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Albert Einstein

Sandy4779, wanna go for a drive?
 sddude
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 1:07:18 PM
So what I hear kissing like that is evil .... so most women hear say, maybe sex is not?

I am doing it wrong then...

The toungue where is it supposed to go ? "Old" people only kiss on the cheek and sex life is over?

Ok I will tell the girls that do that not to do that anymore I do not want to be offended and have my mouth used for their probe, and also the ones that put a boob in my mouth on the first date...

Just making fun, I did not know this was a terrible and serious issue... note to self no more toungue kissing women , it offends them especially the hot french kissing unless they initiate... pretend to be weak and gay unless given specific instunctions that french kissing is a go.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/20/2012 9:43:19 PM
It GAGS me when a man sticks his tongue down my throat on the first kiss. My throat is small. The worst is when a man keeps his tongue motionless in my mouth like a paralyzed, wet log. Yuck.

Tender kisses, butterfly kisses, lips brushing the neck and ears, closed lip kisses, gentle kisses, insistent hunger... variety creates interest.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2012 10:21:26 PM
Sticking a tongue in someone's mouth is so gross and vuglar, especially on the first kiss. Just stop them and push them away and tell them you do not like this. You are at least lucky this happens in public, so you are safe. My profile states no oral and I mean no tongue oral contact of any type. Tongue oral contact is vuglar and gross to me.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/21/2012 1:27:20 AM
I'm sorry, I just can't visualize how this happens. You are meeting someone for the very first time, in a public place, in front of strangers, shopkeepers, families, police, kids, etc.

You say "Hello".

And somehow, this guy you've never met before has closed the distance between you, immobilized you so you can't run, head-locked you so you can't turn away, pried open your jaw and stuck his tongue in your mouth before you've even sat at a table to order a drink?

I just can't see it.
- Do you reach to shake hands and they grab your forearm and haul you in?
- Do you step up close and give a hug or kiss to EVERY man you date before even talking to him? So you're right up in his arm immediately like a friendly puppy and they figure - oh, well, give her the tongue while she's here...???

I don't understand why you can't just stay a few feet away - or step to the side - or just turn your head and NOT kiss every guy in the first 5 minutes. = This is something I've never, EVER read on POF before: A woman who kisses every date immediately.

I just can't see it. What are you thinking? Wow - no mention of the guy looking like his pics or being taller/shorter/fatter/older - You just fall in his arms the first 5 minutes regardless . This is incredulous!

...or is this entire post BUNK, and your figure of 50% is wildly inaccurate?
 spot4username
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:54:14 AM

I don't even know where to begin.

With previous posts. Enjoy.

I have had this happen at the end of dates. I have no intention of "making out" with a man and more than once have found myself pinned up against my car trying to slither away. Last time I jabbed my keys into his ribcage. Some people are not good at reading body language or they just don't care. There are plenty of people out there that are all about there own feelings and rewards. They just want to push the envelope.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/21/2012 10:01:16 AM
Too funny OP...I completely understand.

What you are actually speaking about is some ppl's lack of respect for your boundaries...while I find no fault on your part...perhaps during that email/phone part leading up to the meet n greet you should point out how distasteful you feel making out with a stranger on the first meet is to you.

Yanno, while not the norm for me...there have been rare times when a woman at the end of the meet n greet have tried to pull the makeout session in the parking lot...I often find that I'm not even remotely interested in the woman and wonder where she has picked up this signal...certianly it wasn't from me...I'm sure that I've sent out all the non-verbal signals that I'm just not interested....again, I'm sure it's due to a lack of seeing or caring about other ppl's boundaries...

And while there have been a few times I may have been tempted to pull out my tongue and initiate a makeout session...I've kept it in place, because it was too soon to know if the woman had any interest what so ever.
 isthisthingon1234
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/21/2012 11:14:45 PM
they just happened to like you, deal with it.
 Singlemanforsinglewoman
Msg: 92
Not Again!
Posted: 12/23/2012 6:56:57 AM
exactly,french kisses are the best
 Singlemanforsinglewoman
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/23/2012 6:58:16 AM
well you may wish to try communication previous to letting them kiss you, orrrrrrrrr how about dont let them kiss you, what is wrong with you?
 bajason591
Msg: 94
Not Again!
Posted: 12/23/2012 9:32:26 AM
if its unwanted i see your point. but theres nothing wrong with a goodnight kiss on the first date people! dang! its not rude to expect a small gentle kiss on the first date..

im not talking about trying to makeout. i mean a kiss. a simple kiss. maybe one or two seconds. its not disrespectful unless its unwanted. and if half of the guys try this id say its probly something youre doing or not doing to make them think its ok....

but i do give ya the benefit of the doubt because i have heard some ladies on this site talk about freakin horror stories... ppl with felonies and ex wives living in the trailer next door... lol does thois kinda shit really happen!?
 Tek_Savvy
Msg: 95
Not Again!
Posted: 12/23/2012 5:16:04 PM
Well at least the kiss you received didn't hurt. This woman asked me to kiss her and she decided to stick her tongue in my mouth then she start sucking my mouth and tongue so hard it hurt. I never tried to kiss her again. The worst part was she was just as bad in bed. I
 deuce-heart
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/26/2012 6:08:13 AM
.....they just want to bed you. Take it as a sign and act upon it. If you corresponded with them and they mis-led you then accept it and move on. A frog is a frog and you will not turn him into a prince. Without being too critical, why are you accepting a kiss in the first 5 minutes, tongue or not??
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2012 6:31:09 AM
They are testing their boundaries and see how you respond. A coffee date or interview as I call it, usually ends in a handshake, hug or kiss on the cheek. No Tongue Kissing. Turn their head and tell him to stop it sharply. Set a strong boundary and don't giggle when you do it.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:24:14 AM
(Sandy4779) At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.

Don't date that half, then. Just date the other half...

Sheesh, why do people have to make simple things so complicated?
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:31:32 AM
No Tongue Kissing. Turn their head and tell him to stop it sharply.

Wow... that's a bit of an overkill, isn't it? It's not as if you were being raped. If you were entertaining any thoughts at all about possibly seeing the man again, you could now kiss them good-bye.
 12thour
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/12/2013 11:20:13 AM
As much as I love kissing I doubt I would turn away a man I was attracted to, regardless of whether or not it is a first meet. The power of attraction is not something I am willing to deny if it is mutual.

The problem exists when the kiss is so darn good that the other party wants to take it further.....that I know itsn't going to happen no matter how attracted I am to him. Believe me it is hard to resist because, before I am anything, I am a woman with an unquenchable thirst to express my sexuality. But my personal values exceed my "right now at this moment" desire.

Having said that, the kiss is a lead in to him knowing I am well advanced in the art of hot, wet and warm ......when it is the right time.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 103
Not Again!
Posted: 1/12/2013 4:21:04 PM
Maybe they are just getting caught up in the moment or maybe they are pushing their luck to see where it goes.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > At least half of my dates stick their tongue in my mouth during the first kiss.