Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > About leagues. . .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cdan1957
Msg: 336
view profile
History
About leagues. . .Page 19 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
NDT...Nice, I love the honesty!! So many women here walk on eggshells when posting about who they will or will not date. They do not want to come across as shallow. Why is it shallow to have standards when is comes to looks? Standards for education, that's ok, standards for political affiliation, that's ok, hell it seems to be ok to target a specific race or religions but to say someone is just not attractive brings down the wrath of almost every rejected male that has ever logged on to the forums. Some guy will tell them that dating someone because of the way they look will not make them happy. That may be but what I know for sure is I wont be happy walking around with someone that I don't find attractive. Let's face it guys, looks matter, I as a guy am sick of the mister nice guy bullsh1t.

Look in the mirror, be realistic and adjust accordingly. Stop being angry because you were dealt cards that you are not happy about. Don't blame the attractive POF'er for telling you what you already know.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 337
view profile
History
About leagues. . .
Posted: 2/28/2014 3:28:40 PM
We are all so much more than what we look like , we have no control as to how we look when we are born , none
we only control what's in are hearts , what we have in our power to give to another .
I just saw a show (tv) where a guy does so many bad things to look the way a girl he is messaging thinks he looks like , and at the end , she is blind , and fell in love with him from there words they shared , not at all for his looks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all I can say say is we must all dig deeper
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 338
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/5/2014 8:24:25 AM

It's very amusing all the men stating looks don't matter. What planet do you think a majority of women come from or you that you think the female gender is so stupid that we'll buy your B.S.? All of you care about looks, stop lying your nose is growing.

For sex, yes, it's all about looks.

But both men and women eventually hit a point where it's time to grow up. You start looking for completely different things. Like, right now, I'm looking for the kind of girl I could potentially start a family with. No matter what she looks like, if it seems like a dead-end, I'm not pursuing it. I'm not going to try to spend the rest of my life with a terrible person who talks down to everyone and treats me like crap just because she's insanely hot. I'll happily take someone that's less attractive that has all the other things I'm looking for.

Again, physical attraction matters, nobody can deny that, but when we're done acting like highschool kids and we're ready to grow up, that attraction isn't as important as it used to be. The problem is that men typically hit that point before women... Which leads to posts like yours.
 Westernguy
Msg: 339
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/5/2014 8:40:44 AM

Again, physical attraction matters, nobody can deny that, but when we're done acting like highschool kids and we're ready to grow up, that attraction isn't as important as it used to be.

Well said !

But I think a lot of women believe that most or perhaps ALL men never grow up in this way ?

Westernguy
 ohenryx
Msg: 340
view profile
History
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/5/2014 9:53:59 AM
I recall reading, “Women pick for a mate the man who is the best provider that they are willing to have sex with.”

I suppose the corollary for men would be, “Men pick for a mate the most agreeable, most pleasant woman that also makes them feel sexual excitement.”

The underlying point is, when you “grow up”, and you’re looking for a “life partner” instead of just a “sex partner”, your priorities do change. But the one you’re searching for must still meet that minimum standard of “Would I like to have sex with him/her?”
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 341
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/5/2014 10:13:05 AM
^^^^^
Totally agree.
 Princess12524
Msg: 342
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/5/2014 2:52:41 PM

The underlying point is, when you “grow up”, and you’re looking for a “life partner” instead of just a “sex partner”, your priorities do change. But the one you’re searching for must still meet that minimum standard of “Would I like to have sex with him/her?”
Looks are NOT the only thing we look for, BUT the first thing we look for- there still has to be some sort of attraction.
 ZoopCoop
Msg: 343
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/5/2014 4:39:03 PM
3 different research papers indicates that 67% to 76% of woman respond to a message from a man based solely on his profile picture. Regardless what we want to believe about leagues or looking at other factors research and data points illustrates that looks is the only thing that matters in Online dating. In the real world other factors are far more important than looks but that is not the case in online dating.
 Ilovechristmas25
Msg: 344
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/6/2014 12:15:33 PM
I'm glad you've actually talked yourself into that. I live in reality and if some guy isn't attractive to me the last thing I want to do is imagine a moment more intimate with him.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 345
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/6/2014 10:27:55 PM

I'm glad you've actually talked yourself into that. I live in reality and if some guy isn't attractive to me the last thing I want to do is imagine a moment more intimate with him.

A weird thing, though, about attraction. You can think a guy looks terrible, but after getting to know him, you can't wait to get in bed with him.

Online, that's probably never going to happen, but in person, you can end up attracted to someone you thought was ugly. There IS an emotional aspect to sex.

Not really sure where I'm going with this. But, both guys and girls, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pass up that person that's everything you want except for looks, you never know, you might change your mind after talking a while. It doesn't always happen, probably doesn't more than it does, but on a site like this, in between dates, what do you have to lose?
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 346
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/6/2014 11:10:29 PM
Well, this was a couple years back, and not on a dating website but dealing with a person I met at work. He seemed to have everything going for him. .good job (engineer at the company I work for ), graduated from one of the top universities, and seemed to have some things in common.. We went out as friends, always in a big group (with his co-workers/friends) on a couple of occasions, but just didn't have the desire to date him. As he wanted to date, we just stopped hanging out after some time. . didn't want to lead him on in any way. I didn't think he looked terrible, I just wasn't physically attracted to him. I did get to know him better, but I still didn't want to date him.
 ouija2013
Msg: 347
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/7/2014 6:01:00 AM
Rockin - interesting . I agree I've found the longer I'm around some people the more attractive them become. I prefer a great mind and hot voice over looks. Besides all cats look the same in the dark
 jpwrnglrwmn
Msg: 348
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/7/2014 9:20:31 AM
I agree that there has to be something there. . chemistry, for lack of a better word. .and that looks aren't the only deciding factor. In all the relationships I've been in. .there was some attraction initially, but their personality/qualities is what made me want to get to know them better, and eventually date.
On the flip side, once you no longer view them in the same light, you may sometimes look at the person and think. . what was I thinking?! :P
 gtomustang
Msg: 349
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/7/2014 9:54:41 AM
when someone says,

"looks aren't that important"

what they mean is:

"oh, I'd date a 6 or a 7 with a great personality."

we all still need to feel a tickle in our pickle. I used to date a Hawaiian Tropic model...after she gained a lot of birth-weight. She showed me photos of her in her salad days, mentioned the type of guys she picked up (NFL players, etc.) and there's no doubt, had I met her back then...I wouldn't have caught her attention. She might have noticed me, but given a choice, she would have gone with the higher-status one. And I don't blame her for that. she was hot enough to have a choice back then.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 350
About leagues. . .
Posted: 3/14/2014 3:04:35 PM
BJC2012- Physical attraction might be what gets you interested, but it's a deeper connection that keeps you interested.
I don't care if the man is another Brad Pitt, if he has nothing to offer but his looks, I'm going to get bored, quick.
What I hope for is someone that feels the same way.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > About leagues. . .