Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > About leagues. . .      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fleuron
Msg: 51
About leagues. . .Page 3 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

Why is it being insecure about my looks is a bad thing? Whos being harmed?

YOU are. Plus you’re driving everyone else crazy.

Leagues exist and are important to keep us genetically inferior guys from taking the attractive women, sometimes even to remove us from the gene pool altogether. I guess it's better for the world, even if lesser attractive guys are smarter than those shallow male models women like so much.

Oh FFS. Yes, hot women won’t date you because they’re trying to cleanse the gene pool, and physically attractive men are all stupid. Wtf with you anyway.

I would think a truly smart man would be able to figure out for himself that b itching and moaning accomplish nothing.

JohnAGalt, I peeked at your profile and I’d like to chat with you, but I don’t live in Canada.
I’d appreciate it if you’d drop me a line. :)
 ladyc4
Msg: 52
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/10/2012 11:47:14 AM

You may think attractive women hold the keys to the universe,

LOL, mine seems to have broken off in the lock...

I honestly have mixed thoughts about the whole "league" thing-I can see how it is that people can believe they exist-but then again, the barriers are ones of thought-not brick and barbed wire.
Cindy O
 OutMind
Msg: 53
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/10/2012 12:00:42 PM

Leagues exist and are important to keep us genetically inferior guys from taking the attractive women, sometimes even to remove us from the gene pool altogether. I guess it's better for the world, even if lesser attractive guys are smarter than those shallow male models women like so much.

I do have to thank over and over again the stupidity of men. It is the easily conditioned men, that believe and buy into their own sense of mediocrity, of fear, of trepidation, of limitations that leave such a tremendous amount of awesome women, gorgeous women, women that are beautiful inside, and yes, even all those shallow women, available.

Alas, please do not change. Your stupidity gives average looking guys like me a huge advantage. Not only to pick and be super picky, but to find beautiful women that are also of incredible substance.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 54
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/10/2012 1:33:11 PM
I think everyone has leagues in their heads...sometimes they just
call them different things. They can be standards, or criteria or call
it the fight club...whatever you want to call it, but it's something that excludes
someone from your dating pool.

I've got leagues, I consider some people undateable for whatever
reason, just as some people choose not to date me.

I think it becomes a problem when you decide ahead of time that
someone might not be interested because you might not meet their
standards. Why rule yourself out? I let that be someone else's job.

Unless of course I decide to rule someone out...then it becomes my
job.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 55
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/10/2012 3:22:23 PM

How they don't make themselves sick by the sheer monotony of vandalizing the forums with the same garbage over and over is beyond me. Seriously, it's been going on for literally months. The topic can be about ANYTHING, and they'll find a way to sneak their usual crap into it. They don't want to change or improve. They don't even want to TRY. They just want to argue. Feeling "right" means more to them than their own happiness.

So. f*ck them. It's really not even worth responding to anymore.

Forget the +1 this is +1,000

I am average, it's everyone else's fault, woman only want....... the list goes, can't be them. Now these types of responses are usually men. From the woman we get; men are pigs, men only want sex, men are rude and disprectful, men only want.....

I have one suggestion. Get over yourselves and take responsibility for you own lives.

As one poster has said, the only leagues are the ones that are in your mind.
 JohnAGalt
Msg: 56
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 9:12:02 AM
So Captain A.D, you didn't answer my last question about dating average looking/heavy set chicks?
you are complaining about hot women not giving you a chance yet you wont give a average woman a chance? why is that?

The problem with guys like yourself is the lack of confidence, women can smell confidence or lack of it, that is what separates the nice guy from the guys who are confident, Im betting that the Pig in your dreams guy meets quality women even though he has longer hair than my sister he still has choices of fine women.

Another poster said hes just a average dude but he has confidence and is fun and dates fun cute gals he has confidence, It doesn't matter where you live man or where you visit, I visited London England for a family wedding two years ago and I couldn't believe the women I met, I almost moved there, yet Ive seen and read about guys that tells me England is as dry as the sahara desert for meeting women..so who is right and who is wrong? In my own experience London is a single man paradise yet others experience says its hell.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 57
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 11:33:26 AM
Dude, seriously, give it a rest.

Just using your own words CaptainA.D
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 58
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:00:13 PM

Oh John, as someone who lives in England, trust me most of it is just a dried up waterhole for meeting girls. Any remotely attractive ones are already taken leaving us with effectively the American weight category to deal with.

You went to London you say? That technically is the best location, but only because there's so many people there aka more choice. However living in London, hell no, wouldn't do it in a million years.

Most places in the UK have barely any single girls and most of the ones that are single kinda deserve to be really.

So this is not about you can't get a girl, this is about you can't get the type you think you "deserve." Guess what? With that attitude and sense of entitlement, the majority of woman are out of your league.
 JohnAGalt
Msg: 59
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:52:46 PM
wow, what a bunch of whiners, all this because you cant pick up the hotties? but Im betting the farm you are ignoring the overweight women with personalities right? lots of women online that is in that category but because youre not attracted to them you ignore them and then bytches about the gorgeous ones turning you down.... nothing surprises me anymore.

Farmer, I have relatives in England, and yes there are in London and one up in Reading, Ive been to the UK many times and I love it there,and personally its been pardon the phrase " meat market" lots of hot women over there and they love the Canadian accent lol.

urgal2416
Msg: 60
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 6:44:46 PM
@ CaptainAD

Next time you go to the mall or are out and about, look at all the couples. Are the men all perfect? Are the women? Hell no! lol Yes there are some hotties, but most people are average right? some maybe a bit below, some maybe a bit above, but average none-the-less. You, young man are very nice looking. I would consider you to be above average. SO KNOCK IT OFF!!! I know for a fact that once I lose the rest of my 100 pounds (60 more to go) I will have no problem meeting someone even though I am average.
 RandomFish123
Msg: 61
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:02:52 PM
Pigofyourdreams totally nailed it.

urgal2416
Msg: 62
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:18:07 PM
@CopernicusOfLove

"obesity is one of the worst crimes in the world"

Gee, I didn't realize that I was right up there with the rapists, child molesters and murderers. WOW!
 urgal2416
Msg: 63
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 5:54:30 AM
@FarmerGiles

Wait a minute, now think. Are we really lazy? or is overeating not just a bad habit? (a habit that yes they/we should fix) Many over weight people work, go to school, take care of familes right? I have a good friend that smokes more than a pack a day. Another that sleeps around unprotected. All of these are bad habits, but not lazy. Yes. I've dropped 40 pounds, but only because I was able to deal with some issues that were preventing me from doing it before. Are you saying, that you are perfect? With no bad habits at all?
 RandomFish123
Msg: 64
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 8:06:42 AM

Hate to say it, but on this site and all dating sites, you don't have to put yourself down to get the rejection. Since the first thing anyone sees is your picture, that's what they generally go off of.

Women like to think they're so evolved and don't judge by looks but they do just as much as they say men do. Plus as they get older they're a little more picky because they're saddled with kids they have to think about and maybe a few divorces. So they're more judgmental and have more ""must-be-this" when they're choosing men. Add that to the man-hate and "don't need a man" mentality and it's no surprise so many are single.

.. and ya think all this complaining is gonna change that?
 JohnAGalt
Msg: 65
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 8:19:32 AM
That is why nice guys and whiners are lumped in the same boat, you blame women and the world for your short comings , you dont realize that just because you're online and you think you're a nice guy that all the women will be fighting for your attention and love.

Doesn't work that way, real world or online the truth is, for online dating the better the pics, the more choices you have, lots of average folks on here with fantastic pictures, they either dress well, have nice smiles etc, then its the profile, and the emails you send.

Problem with the average guys is they either say things in their profile that they think women want to hear or the profile is dull, boring yawn fest and they have terrible pics, one guy has a ugly blue shirt hunched over with a strange look over his face that doesn't look appealing to women , he doesnt look friendly.

The other poster Pig is right, it also depends on your location, and I think age is also a factor, the one poster farmer said women are far and few between in London, well I realized that Im in my 40's and he is in his 20's so big difference, but my cousin who is 28 in London dates a lot and he's okay looking , hes 5 '9" average weight but funny as hell.
 urgal2416
Msg: 66
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 10:57:19 AM
?????? rascals???? you mean children? lol ????
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 67
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 11:26:20 AM
Leagues or standards that people have, differ from person to person. I think it'd be safe to say that people look for others that match or exceed them in terms of education, income/finances, and overall appearance/fitness. And yes, I'll agree with what one poster said about how it isn't that hard to not be overweight. It's called being aware that as you age and/or do less physical activity, you have to compensate for it by adjusting your eating habits accordingly. For example, have non starchy veggies as the bulk of your diet, with lean meats (chicken and fish), and limit or eliminate the sweets and/processed foods And offset the metabolism dive with weight training.
 Fleuron
Msg: 68
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 11:37:28 AM
FYI…… JohnAGalt is HOT.

Women like to think they're so evolved and don't judge by looks but they do just as much as they say men do. Plus as they get older they're a little more picky because they're saddled with kids they have to think about and maybe a few divorces. So they're more judgmental and have more ""must-be-this" when they're choosing men. Add that to the man-hate and "don't need a man" mentality and it's no surprise so many are single.

Wow. “They’re more judgmental…”

Meanwhile…..You don’t sound judgmental at all.

Hamilton12345
Msg: 69
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 4:53:30 PM

Wouldn't say obesity was a crime, but 90% of the time it's purely down to lazyness. Anyone can avoid obseity even without having to hit the gym or even conform to a strict diet - just a bit of intelligence with food and lifestyle helps.

And anyone can date, just a bit of intelligence and effort (opposite of lazyness) helps.
 JohnAGalt
Msg: 70
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 4:54:45 PM

A guy that can attract entilment princess's
at least im attracting them , and im not complaining either, well I have to go and pat my self on the back its hard to be so humble.
 ladyc4
Msg: 71
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 5:07:52 PM

I think it'd be safe to say that people look for others that match or exceed them in terms of education, income/finances, and overall appearance/fitness.

I'd agree and add that IMO, pairing up with someone who markedly "exceeds" ones' own positions, can also lead to trouble.
I'd like to add a thought-sometimes the overweight people one sees riding "Rascals" or other power chairs, became overweight due to their illness/medications, etc. There are medications frequently prescribed that are weight-gain magnets.
I'm not saying that people should feel obligated to date those who have to ride power chairs, but a little compassion would be nice.
But then again, if you don't like yourself, it sometimes offers temporary solace to insult the less fortunate. And yeah, it can be easy to rationalize that these less fortunate people somehow brought it all on themselves.

I don't disagree that many people are overweight because they don't control their appetite/ be more physically active.
But the obese person on a Rascal may not be able to be physically active, and if it weren't for that power chair they would be confined to their homes.
Cindy O
 urgal2416
Msg: 72
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 5:32:56 PM
@ ladyc4

lol boy do I feel stupid lol. I previously answered a poster that I thought a rascal was his name for a child, but I was wrong lol. Now I get it. Rascals are those powered chairs that they have in the stores. Never heard that term before.
 Fleuron
Msg: 73
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 5:59:05 PM

At this point I do make some judgments and I'm not too sorry for that. Throughout my dating life (and I'm sure many people can say the same thing) I've been judged on my weight, my looks and my income, oh and for being the so-called nice guy, so yeah there is a slight judgment.

So what’s your glitch with women you consider “judgmental?” You’re ‘not too sorry,” about being judgmental; why should the women you criticize be sorry, just because you don’t like it? What a hypocrite. You honestly can’t see that?

How about men AND women live and learn, and choose what they’ve learned works best for them. OR maybe they don’t, and just keep messing up, and become bitter and hypocritical.

Like if some people choose to be miserable, they will be. Misery may love company, but nobody wants to date it.

It’s about accepting personal responsibility and making choices. If you want people to respect you, show some.

urgal2416, what a sweetheart you are. Don’t feel bad….I didn’t know what the heck he was talking about, either. :)

A guy that can attract entilment princess's

And me. :p
Msg: 74
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 8:04:51 PM
For me it's more lifestyle that prevents me from contacting certain women. If I came across a good looking woman who had a similar lifestyle and social standing as me then I would be more willing to make a move.
 HiHeelsLover
Msg: 75
About leagues. . .
Posted: 12/12/2012 8:16:20 PM

Hate to say it, but on this site and all dating sites, you don't have to put yourself down to get the rejection. Since the first thing anyone sees is your picture, that's what they generally go off of.

And to think no woman has snatched him off the market. WTF are they thinking of??
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > About leagues. . .