Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would it bother you if a woman had a male personal trainer?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deere_rancher
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Would it bother you if a woman had a male personal trainer?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^ the hollow accusations of *insecure*... does not cause secure men to change their course.
 pescando75
Msg: 77
Would it bother you if a woman had a male personal trainer?
Posted: 10/17/2012 1:44:32 PM
^^^Agreed^^^

"Kick 'em to the curb."
It's all we hear. Almost as though some just wait for the opportunity to say so. The OP's advice is quite often the same to others, so think about that for a moment.
I'd say "grow up" if you think any real man is going to subscribe to this:

"You're gonna like whatever I do, be quiet, and accept it." That is essentially our choice we are given in this thread.

If it were 1950, I'd swear those words were coming out of the mouth of a misogynistic controlling man who was telling his woman what she can and cannot do or think. But it's now the "empowered woman" telling the man to "shut up and like it."

I am a big fan of irony, so thank you. ;o)
 pescando75
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/17/2012 2:05:52 PM

If a man I was dating had a hot female personal trainer yea Id be nervous

So you are taking men to task for the same thing? Why? Because we have penises and are evil?
Does anyone have solid logic to their thinking in here?? Gawd.
 SingleInVancouver
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/17/2012 2:25:28 PM
My comment was directed at shelby on page 1. I think I can see how to use quotations for next time. Hopefully the post didn't cause any confusion.
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/17/2012 4:06:06 PM
nope, a woman who has a male personal trainer wouldn't bother me. At the gym i go to, a lot of women have male personal trainers and a lot men have female personal trainers. People should be glad people in general are working out and staying fit.
 MsShell39
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/17/2012 7:11:05 PM
This is to Shelby..I never post in these forums,, but had to jump in on this one..

I am a certified Personal Trainer,, and you are showing your ignorance!!!!!!!!!
 orange_hill
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/17/2012 7:45:40 PM
Many people have clients from the opposite sex. Trainers at the gym, financial advisors, insurance agents, lawyers etc. If someone ( man or woman ) has a problem with this, then chances are the relationship won't work. Not enough trust.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:56:58 PM

When they ask if its a guy and I say yes, that's when they say "oh I don't like that!" Or "that makes me uncomfortable". A few have said if it gets serious between us I'll need to get a new trainer. Um, no. These are guys I haven't even met

I think the ridiculous part was that these men were only dates or prospective dates and never met. They are strangers, stranger than OP's PT. If that is the case I would choose my PT over those strangers since I knew my PT more than them.
But I wonder, if OP will find a potential partner among them or is deeply attracted to one, if she will choose him over her PT? Personally if having a male PT will create friction in my relationship, why will I have it if I can avoid it? Maybe some people will say this is about being manipulated and controlled. But if I can make my relationship a harmonious one then I believe I am in control.

Sacrificial Lamb
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:31:18 PM
It would not bother me at all. If I had a girlfriend working out with a personal trainer (male OR female), then I would be PROUD of her for taking the initiative to bring her health and physical fitness to the next level. Asking you to stop seeing a male trainer is unreasonable. It would be like a girlfriend getting jealous of me for seeing a female doctor or physical therapist. Don't second-guess yourself. You're probably doing the right thing, and the men that you are dating sound very possessive or insecure. Good luck.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/18/2012 4:51:11 PM
People should be glad people in general are working out and staying fit.

Why should I be glad over this again?

(without taking away the fact that: pec tears, torn MCLS, shin splint visits etc still make people goto the doctors)

MotoGPatrick
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/18/2012 5:14:26 PM
Is this a normal trainer or one like the guy in "couples retreat" ?
 Dare to
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/18/2012 6:09:28 PM
Wow I am quite blown away at the attitudes at some of the people in this thread..

I have a very outgoing personality, i don't flirt but i laugh and joke and get on with people regardless of their gender, I'm guessing it was part of the attraction the men in my life have had for me.. My husband has no issues with it, my first husband had no issues with it, however... my common law ex was continually eaten up if i even glanced at another man, if i spoke to one i got accused of something, it got so bad that he would be upset if i was laughing and interacting with mutual male friends even if he was present... so no... You don't have to display untrustworthy behaviour to be accused of being untrustworthy.. According to some of you I should have stopped talking to other men completely to protect his feelings..

So... A guy getting bent out of shape merely because i had a male trainer would be instant dismissal because of the jealous tendencies he was displaying... (obviously i'm not looking anymore so this is purely hypothetical).. If he can start off pre relationship telling you who you can interact with then he is either very insecure or a control freak.. Neither of which i would want in my life...

In all fairness, you can't compare a gyno , dentist , dr, etc to a personal trainer because you wouldn't see them as FREQUENTLY , and therefore, there's less likely for a BOND to develop.

Just sayin

Hmmm.. Maybe i should give up my job in sympathy for my husbands feelings... I'm in a profession where i constantly work with male partners in stressful situations and we do develop a bond.. Funny according to some, my husband should be really worried that i'm going to start f*cking my partner on shift just because we spend a lot of time together... How insulting to me to insinuate that i'm not trustworthy in the company of other men!!! I also work in the same station as a whole lot of fit firefighters...By some peoples interpretation i wouldn't be dateable because you know i'd be on my back every night enjoying those hunky firies... (Rolls eyes)

Just saying.....
 sollty
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/18/2012 6:41:45 PM
Dare to :

Read what I wrote in msg 33

You misunderstood what I meant by the msg you quoted.
I was simply talking about ODDS which is why I put the word FREQUENCY in caps.

I did NOT mean to say that anyone should be worried if their SO had a dentist ,or whatever , that was of the opposite sex.

I did mean that the ODDS were more LIKELY to POSSIBLY happen with someone you saw more often than someone you rarely saw.

For example, let's say Joe's gf has a very handsome dentist as well as a very handsome personal trainer. She sees her dentist twice/year. She sees her pt 4 times/WEEK .

Odds are if she's going to develop feelings for someone or simply get the urge to play hide the sausage with either of the two wouldn't you agree that it would more likely be with the person she sees more often ?

That is all I meant.

Now go take a chill pill and enjoy the rest of your life.

Sheesh !
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/18/2012 6:57:19 PM

Get over yourself dude. A smart man would admire a woman for actually putting forth an effort to look and feel good. As a TRAINER myself I have seen boyfriends and girlfriends in the gym and it is pathetic what occurs. They take their girlfriend over to the lowest weight dumb bells in the gym and show them a bicep curl and walk away to do their heavier bicep curls across in what they deem the men's section. Women are capable of amazing things weight training and to often they are limited by men. Not everyone's workout can be adjusted to incorporate partner workouts, mine certainly can't, most men wouldn't be able to do my workout. Your correct about the online certification being an issue, even ACE ( american council on exercise ) doesn't require a physical evaluation by a regulating body of the teaching skills. I however am certified with the BCRPA ( british columbia recreation and parks association ) I have taken 3 courses and had 2 exams and 2 physical teaching evaluations. As for being a salesperson sadly I have to agree, most trainers are all about the money. I do not possess the salesperson drive, which is probably why my services are basically unknown. In conclusion it would be nice before you go into a rude tirade about trainers to perhaps entertain the notion that you should not be so all inclusive of an entire industry being stupid. Do you really laugh each time you type " lol " because if so I'd get that checked out or maybe you just live on the internet to much.

Why do I always get the bias trainers, or has a daughter that is a trainer,lol....

At times, I snicker at my lol's, at times they are just added for dramatic effect, other times why the heck not (unfortunately it is an internet world, and I am on the pc sometimes 14 hours/day/evening/night, for capital endeavours to pay the cable, :[(...

A smart man would admire a woman for actually putting forth an effort to look and feel good.

This is out of context and does not really relate to the subject...

I think your generalizing the boyfriend/girlfriend workout routine,lol...

Sorry, about the "all trainers being stupid", pete, got me going at that time,lol...I am aware some what of the varying degrees, in the profession, like many...
 grove_22
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:19:28 PM
At my gym, most of the personal trainers are men and the majority of people who use personal trainers are women. Therefore it is very common to see women with male personal trainers. I don't think this should be a big deal.
 Pete2205
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 2:07:32 AM
Well said grove -- Its only an issue because a person makes it one !
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/19/2012 7:22:42 AM

Why should I be glad over this again?

You either live somewhere everyone is fit until they are in their 60s and don't see it as an issue, or you don't mind dating a lot of people over 30 that have no intention of ever staying in shape. For most of us, finding people who are actively trying to stay fit and healthy isn't the easiest thing to do as you get older.

It's enough of a struggle for some people to stay in a workout regimen. On top of that, who wants to have to deal with the drama (yep, drama) of someone stepping into your life and having a problem with how you do it if you're sticking to it?

P.S.: Did it ever occur to anyone that a woman who's actually sleeping with her personal trainer would likely have no interest in going on dates with new men?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:05:38 AM
^^^No, don't include me in that - for me an FWB is a way to get laid without all the dating crap with someone I don't see a future with but I trust. To me an FWB's purpose is to avoid a relationship for some reason (too busy, not emotionally invested, etc) - and if I meet someone I want to date during this time, I then stop the FWB as it's not where my head's at anymore.

I do believe that until you're dating someone with any serious intention who either of your is sleeping with that was there before the dating started isn't anyone's business...I always assume when I meet someone and date them a couple times they are getting laid somewhere unless they simply can't find sex or are strongly against doing so outside of a relationship, but that's not about me so I don't ask.

I don't know. I'd see it as a lot of work to bother with dates if I was already getting sex on tap from somewhere unless I met someone accidentally I found attractive and interesting enough to want to learn more about. Of course I do realize most of the world doesn't do things like I do and I'll have to remember that in these posts. I'll just admit digression here and move on.
 GWSmith
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/19/2012 11:56:35 PM
It depends on what kind of training your doing ;)

Truthfully if they are insecure about your personal trainer they'll be insecure about any male friends, coworkers, dogs, etc. Just better to dump their ass before they become a habit. If you givein and leave your PT because some guy feels jealous or threatened they'll keep finding reasons to be jealous and threatened until you either give up on having other men in your life or take a stand.
 Dare to
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/20/2012 3:45:08 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^Sooooooo true.....
 Pete2205
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2012 3:34:02 PM
A few years ago my youngest daughter had a particular boyfriend ...At the time she dated him she was boxing (Yes some girls do) When me and my wife met him he seemed polite, mature even protective towards her - made a good impression on us. Over a period of time she became more withdrawn, stopped boxing and rarely used her lap top which was odd cos she often used it. She used to spend ages getting ready and putting make up on - As girls do but she seemed to dress down more - We would ask her if she was ok and of course she would say she was fine.

Also when the boyfriend came round they would sit quiet before going off out - She seemed to have less calls from her friends too, she was always on the phone before she met him chatting to one friend or another.
Call it a gut feeling but one day I was in town and saw one of her friends who used to call round a lot before he came on the scene and I asked how she was and then why we never saw her round the house, that my daughter seemed to have changed quite a bit....She showed me my daughters profile on Facebook ... Not ONE guy in her list, no old school friends. Her page used to be full of harmless girly chat and of course some of her friends were young boxers.

Her friend then went on to tell me how my daughter gave up boxing because her boyfriend had come to the gym and saw her chatting with a trainer - Noticed that there were a lot of guys there and kept rowing with her, making accusations that she fancied one guy or another. She told me that my daughter had to delete almost all her numbers from her phone - He even left some wierd post on FB saying that if your a guy then dont bother offering friendship because it would be declined.

We had no idea he was so possesive or insecure ...She finally dumped him when he attacked her becuse he saw her talking to a friends brother - My daughter was 17 at the time ...The boy was about 13 !!!
She told him that if he came near her again she would go straight to the police or get one her friends brothers to deal with him. Took her a while to get her life back together, back to her sparky self. I saw him a couple of times in the town - Of course I wanted to slap him for what he did but couldnt. He would pretend he hadnt seen me and look to the ground, going in a shop or crossing over to avoid me - Coward.

Life settled again for my daughter, friends came round again and she was back on her lappy - She never went back to the gym to box just in case her next boyfriend didnt approve but it was about a year later when my wife saw the guy in the local paper - He had battered his latest girlfriend after a jelous row. She had a broken jaw and teeth and severe bruising, He had caught her hugging a guy, waited till the guy had gone then beat her up - It was her COUSIN she had hugged.

I know this has gone off thread a tad but I was talking with my daughter yesterday and I told her about this thread ... Then we just digressed to what happened to her...

Some guys are just sad, manipulative jelous, bullies
 DempseySR32
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/21/2012 4:25:02 PM
If a woman is already in great shape and has a male personal trainer that is at least 7/10 then you should be worried. Because she's already in shape so she knows what she is doing. She just wants to hang out with the personal trainer and see what happens. If she's overweight and truly needs help than no, and the personal trainer wouldn't be interested in her anyway.
 rdeffley
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/21/2012 4:44:45 PM
Speaking as a male personal trainer, I can say that I have never and will never sleep with any of my female clients. It is strictly business. So I do think it is ridiculous for guys to get jealous or paranoid over working out with trainer. If anything you care about your health, fitness, and body. They should appreciate it.
 Pete2205
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2012 2:00:02 AM
Speaking as a male personal trainer, I can say that I have never and will never sleep with any of my female clients. It is strictly business. So I do think it is ridiculous for guys to get jealous or paranoid over working out with trainer. If anything you care about your health, fitness, and body. They should appreciate it......
----------------------------------------------------------
Is there a part of that statement by a personal trainer that was missed, not understood or was it just dismissed by the paranoid, insecure control freaks that litter this forum :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would it bother you if a woman had a male personal trainer?