Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What women really look at on your profile...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 starburst1988
Msg: 401
What women really look at on your profile...Page 17 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Thats not true there is alot of women on here looking for the good caught
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 402
What women really look at on your profile...
Posted: 3/3/2013 1:37:54 PM
Pretty much^^^^^ lol.

Also:

How much $$$ you make
What they can get from you if the relationship doesn't work out.
If you're a "bad boy", or look good to their stupid ****ing friends and like my friend above said: how "hot" you are.
How much Vaginamony you're eligible to give them.
 lostinalostworld
Msg: 403
Posted: 3/3/2013 3:24:27 PM
Apparently my pic and then it's all over, lmfao.
 Sunrise_Sunshine
Msg: 404
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:55:05 PM
I dated a guy who had a profile online but was not photogenic at all. He was so much better looking in person than his photos. Keeping that in mind, I do not place stock on photos. I do look for education level, his longest relationship, what he writes in his writeup (the proper use of English and sentence construction is key), what he does for fun (his social life is important), his age, if he has a car and his location.
 roadrunner2525
Msg: 405
Posted: 3/3/2013 5:43:49 PM
I have been accused of siding with women on these forums from time to time but you are one hundred percent right. The women aren't fooling anyone with their desire to have creative writing skills. They know and a lot of them will admit that attraction comes first. If you look good you can get away with being an ass. If you are ugly it is hard to get good representation with a million dollars at your disposal. In reality the million dollars might work better but in pof dating we only covet what we see. I don't post a picture and I get zero responses. I use to post a picture and had a few responses. Like you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I had a mixed set of responses. One woman I dated was fairly attractive, the other was nice but overweight. Both women messaged me first. Since I seldom message women first I don't expect to get responses and I only stay with the forums for some time killing entertainment until I have made the decision to date again. At that point I know I have to put my picture back up.
 barnabyjames1
Msg: 406
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:18:37 PM
Trust me, you have a million in the bank and you lived out here in SoCal, you'd be getting as much women as Hugh Hefner, regardless of looks.
 __cope__
Msg: 407
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 6:59:12 PM
yes we all agree that is true
 lightninbug22
Msg: 408
Posted: 3/6/2013 1:48:15 PM

So, you're a photographer arguing AGAINST aesthetics? You realize that your last paragraph basically reinforces many shallow beliefs? why do you think nice clothes and a clean kitchen are desirable?

Not really arguing against aesthetics. Nice clothes and an uncluttered (i.e. distracting) background ARE desirable in photographs. Also, taking the time to write a nice profile, and to post decent photographs does say something about an individual. My post was not about a person's attractiveness or lack of. Opinions about a multitude of things other than appearance can also be formed by the way someone presents himself/herself. That is all I was saying.
 sigungq
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2013 3:09:15 PM
OP, interesting thing is, that guys who have looked at my profile believe I should be getting tons of messages from women. But I never do. Go figure.
 Fiesher
Msg: 410
Posted: 3/6/2013 10:17:44 PM
Many times what many women say they want....is not really what they want. They may want some of it but not most of it. They just think it's more ladylike to say they want sensible things. We men just have to know who we are because they will always keep us confused and vacillating until we don't know what we want or how we should be....and they will ultimately criticize us for that.
 miker1122
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:05:31 PM
ive been here only a short time, but why do people say they want to meat and even mssg you, but then you see that they never bothered to read your profile?
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 412
Posted: 3/7/2013 11:52:28 PM
I do read profiles, and if the guy sounds like a**** jerk then I won't send a message. Don't matter how good looking he is. I'm offended by men who put on their profile, they don't date big women, or they don't date black women or anyone outside their race. We all have our preferences, but putting that on your profile seems kinda tacky and rude. Some women are shallow. Some men are too... a lot of men will reject a woman based on her dress size. So why whine and moan if a chick doesn't think you are attractive enough? Grow up.
 Casper66
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2013 12:40:34 AM
Of course you look at the picture first it is a dating site, why would you contact someone who you don't find attractive in some way and since we are individuals with our own preception of what we find attractive it could be anything from nice eyes to a great smile and yes hot too, I tend to pass on the shirtless pics I find them tacky. Then I read the profile if I think we have some common interests I'll send a message and see if the man replies, if not then I move on, it really is that simple. These so called experiments are a joke, of course you are going to get some men and women contacting you with a model pic up, but in reality are they the type of people you would want to associate with if thats all they care about, hell how do you know those profiles are even real could be some kid or teen just messing with you. This is not real life you don't have the advantage of body language, visual cues or getting to know the real person, with online all you have is a pic, sometimes, and words in a profile to go on, and then you have the flakes, fakes and players to weed thru, after all that then you have to try and meet in person, it is what it is.
 Fleuron
Msg: 414
Posted: 3/8/2013 8:13:15 AM
Maybe some men are confused because they try to fit themselves into what they believe “women” want, or what their buddies tell them “women” want, as if we’re all one entity, instead of having the balls to be who they are.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 415
Posted: 3/8/2013 11:32:59 AM

Maybe some men are confused because they try to fit themselves into what they believe “women” want...

I would add to that being totally vague about what women desire in their profiles does NOT help the situation. Having a three-sentence profile means there is a LOT left up to the imagination, and a LOT of room for miss-interpretation. I wish I could delete every profile that has the worthlessly generic 'Having Fun' in their list of 'interests', but there is just too many.
 UnaBellaGiornataInsieme
Msg: 416
Posted: 3/8/2013 12:44:06 PM
I think women want a certain type of man, at a certain time in their life. Younger women are attracted to the strength and looks, child bearing aged women look for a man with provider potential, and older women prefer character, intelligence, conversation, and companionship. I was married to a "workout" nut. Although health and fitness is an important aspect of life, it should not be an obsession. But our society - rewards the addiction through media. Addiction is addiction. Trust me ladies, sweat stinks! Beauty fades - dumb is forever. - - You will age out of it. D
 Shybutsteamy
Msg: 417
Posted: 3/9/2013 5:56:38 AM
I can say the same for a lot of me. They claim to be looking for that connection....that the mind is more important...blah blah blah....then jump right into...PICS??? or You meet them and all they want is to get laid.
 forthewinwinwin
Msg: 418
Posted: 3/9/2013 11:35:33 AM
Well, got to find the person attractive first to begin with... normal...

Actually, most young women just want a good looker. At most they'd consider your occupation (i.e. student or no-education?) to see what kind of guy you are.
 Peachx22
Msg: 419
Posted: 3/9/2013 3:33:34 PM
I look at:
1) photos, because obviously...
2) their intent on the website (relationship, dating, nothing serious, etc.)
3) I look at whether or not they drink, smoke, or do drugs
4) then I read their "about me"
5) then I go back up to interests
6) then I look at how long their longest relationship was
7) then I go all the way back up and look at what their zodiac sign is
8) then I look back down at their picture

All in that order :)
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2013 4:09:17 PM
OP, interesting thing is, that guys who have looked at my profile believe I should be getting tons of messages from women. But I never do. Go figure

Unfortunately you may be a victim of your own success where women doubt that you are genuinely real haha. Many women have told me the same thing as they can't believe I am single or I am just playing games (lol?).

I have to admit I have had a handful of women comment on my profile, but most indeed ask me more questions about my picture. :)
 tirelessspirit365
Msg: 421
Posted: 3/9/2013 11:41:52 PM
you know...I do look at the picture first...but not only that. Some people take crappy pics...myself included...and am better than average looking but my personality is awesome!! You would not realize that until you met me. A wonderful man recently told me...I thought my mother was the most wonderful, kindest person I ever knew...but you topped her! ;)
 tirelessspirit365
Msg: 422
Posted: 3/9/2013 11:42:53 PM
I look for humor! If you don't have humour, you might be boring or take things too seriously...and that's a drag lol.
 tirelessspirit365
Msg: 423
Posted: 3/9/2013 11:44:58 PM
I have never looked for someone with money...those are shallow...gold diggers and you don't want them anyway...but women don't want negative guys like yourself either that lump most women together! :P I appreciate humour...#1!! :)
 DomG79
Msg: 424
Posted: 3/9/2013 11:47:56 PM
Some seem to appreciate my humor. The not so attractive ones tend to make the first move. When I make the first move, I am typically ignored. At least it's free though.
 afarmenian
Msg: 425
Posted: 3/10/2013 12:11:15 AM
Personality is for ugly people there I said it, so it's all out on the table and we can just deal with it and live our lives now.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What women really look at on your profile...