Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ever been turned on by a person's accent?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 26
Ever been turned on by a person's accent?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Then you'd like mine, msg 29! I still have my Northern Irish accent and will NEVER lose that!

I've been told my accent could charm the birds out of the trees!
 johnl46
Msg: 27
Ever been turned on by a person's accent?
Posted: 10/16/2012 4:44:51 PM
No, not yet I haven't
 Maybe_Have_Some_Faith
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/16/2012 5:13:17 PM

There is something about the guttural sound of a man with a Russian accent.

Great now I have to learn Russian after 51 years of trying to learn English.
 1964armymom
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2012 5:21:28 PM
I like to listen to British and Irish accents. But a man with a deep deep voice {{shiver}}
 deere_rancher
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:25:09 PM
Many years ago, I found myself in Mexico surrounded by co-workers , Mexican ladies and cerveza.
With only 1 person could partially understand both languages, I soon found him to ask why this lady had been crying for the last half hour.

After inquiring, he informed me , that she was sadden about the death of her mother several months ago.

So with a big heart and a lot of cerveza , I knealed in front of her ,looked her in the eye and said things to try
and lift her spiris . Problem was , she didn't understand a word of english
.She strained to understand and in doing so ,she leaned forward ... that made it much easier to finish what I was saying directly into her ear .

I stepped back and was about to go on my way ,when I saw this woman eyes changed ,she stood up ,ran and leaped into my arms .. as we fell down , this woman starts ripping my clothes off ...!

I have vidid memories of a shirtless me throwing mortar blocks at her , trying to repeal her advance
I never knew how powerful an accent could be ...! until that night
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/16/2012 6:28:49 PM
Oh for sure, I have some great Canadian and American friends and I just love their accents.

My partner is from South America and I love hers.

And there is something beautiful about words when they fall from a French woman's lips too.
 CheekyCapricorn
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/16/2012 9:07:54 PM
Canadian accents are my weakness!
 Dolphina
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/17/2012 8:13:50 AM
I'm more turned on by the resonance of a man's voice than his accent. A lovely deep baritone voice gets me every time. Gorgeous.
 betteroffsingle
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/17/2012 10:38:13 AM
British/Scottish accents take me wonderful places. I had the desire to meet someone with such listed in my profile prior to coming off the market. I knew it was highly unlikely I would meet someone in my area with such. Winds up I did but she had just become involved with someone as had I. Absolutely no complaints about who I'm now seeing even with the lack of said accent :) she's awesome!!
 Jilly_2013
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:38:43 PM

I like to listen to British and Irish accents. But a man with a deep deep voice {{shiver}}

Same here!
 strolly10
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/17/2012 12:52:00 PM
YES .. The aussie accent makes my temperature rise everytime i come across it! love it!
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:26:29 AM
I guess the "Howya goin mate" has run it's course with me and I need to hear something a little more romantic....".Ahhh cherie you are sew butiful allow me to shoo you heafan".
I also like the Asian accent.....They can't seem to say the letter 'F'. I think it's quite cute.....anyway's that's my phiphy cents worth.
 Pinky127
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:52:48 AM
I love the british accent and especially the upper crust accent and certain words they use.

Im aussie. We dont have accents................do we?
Hehehe....
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2012 10:32:11 AM
My girlfriend has a Danish accent and I have a French accent.

I find that it's often an ice breaker. Women often start up a conversation by asking 'where are you from'. In contrast, when I'm back in France, I'm not asked this question and thus less likely to meet women. It's probably the same for Americans when you travel to other countries...people are curious. If you are an American in a bar in my home town, the locals will invite you to their table for a drink.

Anyways, being from 'somewhere else' helps to meet women regardless if they are attracted to my accent or not. If I was Russian or Italian, the accent would still open the door for conversation.
 CharminC
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/18/2012 11:03:10 AM
Yes.. some, coupled with the tone of their voice and if enunciate their words I could listen forever.
I'm a lipreader therefore in some cases I can even become memorized by their enunciation while listening to their tone and accent. Male or female. It's really quite lovely as if I am listening to music.
Now.. .when it's a dashing looking fella, I can't look! I blush.. turn away so I struggle to keep up with lipreading to continue the conversation. Oh lord, what bother.
As for myself, a Chicagoan ex of mine who I spent 4 years with would ask me to repeat certain words. Normal words like marshmallow and alumimum. He says the way I say it was sexy. I thought I sounded like a Canadian version of fran drescher from the Nanny. lol
 pescando75
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/18/2012 1:03:04 PM
I had a roommate back in the day who had a british female friend. I'd always have to hop on the phone to say hi and profess my love to a woman I had only heard over the phone. It was kind of a running joke. (Kinda.) ha ha!
 wth7
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/18/2012 2:14:09 PM
Yes! A guy who was from New York but had grown up in Israel. Very strong accent :-)
 -Cantabile-
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/18/2012 5:07:55 PM
South African
Australian
British
French
Italian

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/18/2012 5:20:46 PM
Absolutely! A French one in particular, but Spanish is also appealing. A man's voice is the decider on whether I will be interested in him, or not. I dont like my native Australian accent much but depends on what kind. It varies.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:36:16 AM
Has anyone noticed how malleable we are when it comes to our own accents? If you move from one place to another, where the accent is different, yours eventually changes, at least to some extent. Many years ago, my ex had a daughter who was living in Ireland (she was born in Toronto). She came back after a couple of years and had a nice Irish accent. She lost it fairly quickly, but I found it interesting.
 Maleman999
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:46:15 AM
What I find more important is the words that come out of the person's mouth. If a person starts insulting you, would you still find that person sexy and adorable because they insulted you with an accent?
 sorbets
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/19/2012 9:08:43 AM
There's no such thing as a british accent, that would be the same as saying a European accent- i.e. complete bollocks. Each country has its own accent with hundreds of regional variations.

There are however English, Irish, Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish accents.

The quickest way to make me want to knee you in the nuts is to compliment me on my 'British accent'!
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/19/2012 12:53:50 PM

There's no such thing as a british accent, that would be the same as saying a European accent- i.e. complete bollocks. Each country has its own accent with hundreds of regional variations. There are however English, Irish, Northern Irish, Welsh and Scottish accents.

You make an excellent point. Having read up on it more, it seems there's actually at least a thousand variations. I know I've been guilty of using the term "British accent", so will tread more carefully in the future. :-)
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:08:13 PM
Sure there is a British accent... an American or Canadian will know they you are from Britiain.... and then regionally you just have variations of a British accent. . It is the same as in France. I know right off if someone is from France when speaking French as opposed to being from Quebec, Maritinique, West Africa, etc.

In France I can tell if an older adult is from a few towns over from my own region. However, younger people tend to be more universal in their accent In Canada there are very distinct regional variations of French...that from Montreal and rural Quebec is quite nice but French patois from Acadians in Atlantic Canada is a bit aggravating to my ears. When I moved to Canada I sometimes didn't lnow if Acadians were speaking English or French.
 Red_5
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/19/2012 1:18:48 PM
I find an educated Mid-Western accent very sexy on a woman.

Inversely, I find an educated Southern accent condecending.

Don't get me started on Long Island or South Boston accents.

Canuck females sound delicious, too!

I'm not very found of female Latin american voices or, ironically, female Mid-Eastern voices.

I'm neutral on most European accents.

Key for me is the education level the female conveys with her voice...except Southerners because that's what I grew up with.

Any female that speaks knowledgably with a great lexicon and broad mind is extremely sexy!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ever been turned on by a person's accent?