Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ever been turned on by a person's accent?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jerseyboy1986
Msg: 51
Ever been turned on by a person's accent?Page 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
hellllllllll yes
lol
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 52
Ever been turned on by a person's accent?
Posted: 10/19/2012 2:44:34 PM
Actually, the lady is right about no such thing as a British accent. Google is your friend. I recently met a nice Scottish lady and wouldn't dare tell her she has a British accent, because she doesn't. You'd get the same reaction from an Irish person and others in that geographical region.
 RR Man
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:36:24 PM
"So have YOU ever been turned on by a person's accent?"
=========================================================
Yes, Southern. The thicker * the better

*both the accent and the girl :-)
 Lilbitofsugaandspice
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:49:29 PM
Ohh Yaaaa! My ex has a beautiful singing voice and sexy deep voice with an Indian Accent.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/19/2012 4:02:25 PM
That's really interesting. In my experience, singers "lose" their accents when singing, although I don't know why. My theory is it happens because there's a lot more emphasis on using one's diaphram when singing, as opposed to speaking. The most radical one I can think of is Johnny Reid, who has a very strong Scottish accent, but it's not obvious in the least when he's singing. Adele is another one, although she's not Scottish.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/19/2012 4:57:01 PM
Most absolutely.

-Serbian
-Russian
-Italian
-Slavic
-Some Caribbean

Lol; I probably just opened myself to profiling and assumptions, but ya, some of those accents have made me ok with listening to them talk for hours.
 OyVay...
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/19/2012 5:53:16 PM
Well I have a NYC accent...there's no mistaking it, I can usually recognize it in others as well! Not sure it turned anyone on...jus sayin

I prefer an oompa lumpa accent...there's just something about it, oh and the purple tinge to their skin!
 Lilbitofsugaandspice
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/19/2012 6:42:47 PM
Oompa Lumpas are orange. lol
 Maleman999
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/19/2012 7:24:07 PM
This topic will help out guys in the dating world. All a guy has to do is to practice to speak with a foreign accent to get every woman around to want to have sex with him right away. All I have to do is pick a foreign accent to speak in, then any woman I talk to will be mine to do as I please. Who knew an accent is an aphrodisiac that would turn women into really horny creatures.
 TheDeliberateStranger
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/19/2012 7:29:59 PM
i luv the yankee accent honestly.
 skwizle
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/19/2012 10:26:56 PM
yeah as a south australian some "rural" interstate australian accents are like nails on a chalk board. seem a bit cliche perhaps.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 6:54:10 AM
Yes. And I was on a receiving end as well. She said she loves my accent!
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:11:43 AM
Irish and Scottish accents can make me melt. Not necessarily a good thing, worst decision I ever made in respect to a relationship was based on the sound of the voice and the awesome scottish accent. Ignored a lot of red flags cause I loved the way he talked.
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/20/2012 8:46:23 AM
For me it's not so much the accent but the tones in their voice and how they express themselves, kindah like listening to someone as if they are singing.. when a guy has a great voice his accent doesn't matter.. nope..
 thepigofyourdreams
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/20/2012 10:33:39 AM
That's really interesting. In my experience, singers "lose" their accents when singing, although I don't know why. My theory is it happens because there's a lot more emphasis on using one's diaphram when singing, as opposed to speaking. The most radical one I can think of is Johnny Reid, who has a very strong Scottish accent, but it's not obvious in the least when he's singing. Adele is another one, although she's not Scottish.

Not all singers lose their accent. But for those who do, it has nothing to do with the diaphragm.

In some cases, it may be the implementation of certain vowel modifications, which make hitting higher notes easier. For example, around the vocal break area and beyond, singers may elect to modify the "ee" vowel to "eh". (this is just one possible modification for that particular vowel) Take a listen to Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me". They substitute "me" with "meh", yet in interviews, they don't pronounce it this way when speaking.

In other cases, it's nothing more than a stylistic decision. Dialect singing, if you will. Many genres have dialects and accents associated with them that an artist may work on mimicking, which is why someone like Keith Urban, who's Australian, sounds like an American with a southern accent when he sings.
 Maleman999
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/20/2012 10:38:43 AM
I have the ability to have different accents, depending on how much alcohol I drink.
 KingofSnuggles
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:56:37 AM
Yes! Also depends on the person too, example:

I know a young lady who's part Japanese & Irish, she looks Hawaiian(sp?) so you're not expecting the heavy irish accent to hit you when she starts talking!! She's super hot but its a whole package, attractive physically, AWESOME personality and then you top it off with the accent.

puppylove....
 saturdayotter
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:12:28 PM
Oh yes. Australian female accents have been the only attractive accents for me. I could listen to it all day.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:22:54 PM

Not all singers lose their accent. But for those who do, it has nothing to do with the diaphragm.

In some cases, it may be the implementation of certain vowel modifications, which make hitting higher notes easier. For example, around the vocal break area and beyond, singers may elect to modify the "ee" vowel to "eh". (this is just one possible modification for that particular vowel) Take a listen to Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me". They substitute "me" with "meh", yet in interviews, they don't pronounce it this way when speaking.

In other cases, it's nothing more than a stylistic decision. Dialect singing, if you will. Many genres have dialects and accents associated with them that an artist may work on mimicking, which is why someone like Keith Urban, who's Australian, sounds like an American with a southern accent when he sings.

Thanks for posting that. I learn something new every day on these forums. :-)
 Aud8cious1
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:37:35 PM
Yes ..love european accents..and the fact that many speak in a low voice.. but that's jsut me
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/20/2012 1:22:14 PM
Yeah, I love southern accents from a country boy. Or a sexy Aussie accent from an Aussie man. I strangely find Australian accents from a woman to be quite soothing..lol. Is that weird? Had a massage therapist from Australia middle aged woman and her voice and the massage made me fall asleep..lol
 untilever
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/20/2012 1:28:03 PM
Yes!

I have a french boyfriend right now and sometimes I ask him to repeat stuff just so I can hear him talk! We are both Canadians, so it isn't even that France-french accent. It is Quebecois, which has a distinct style, but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it.

I will even speak to him in my very poor french to hear him answer back in his native tongue.

Accents are yummy. But voices, in general, have a lot of power over me and my attraction-level.
 cleaningguy
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/20/2012 5:01:56 PM
I worked with a girl about 10 years ago who was from Austin, Texas. She had the most adorable Texas "drawl", and her voice itself was like velvet. Add to that, she had a sense of humor that knocked you out. I had such a crush...
 Della D
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:26:52 PM
Turned on by an accent? No, can't say that I have been, but I just love to hear that BBC English!

I've noticed though that some accents can be a turn off for me.
 Hug4
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:30:00 PM
YESSSSSS!

I love accents. Distinguished, flavor, personality.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ever been turned on by a person's accent?