Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ever been turned on by a person's accent?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DORA1966
Msg: 76
Ever been turned on by a person's accent?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Yes! I met a man online from Germany and he visited me and his accent was WONDERFUL whispering softly in my ear! It made me melllllllt! As a southern girl, I also LOVE the northern accent!
 Skotch
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Ever been turned on by a person's accent?
Posted: 2/4/2013 6:57:35 PM
Yah, there are certain accents that have me thinking I could listen to this woman talk about stocks and be in heaven. To be honest, it doesn't really even have to be an accent either. I could listen to Alix Spiegel all night long, just thinking about her voice gives me shivers. NPR for the win.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:42:03 PM
I was once turned on by someone's 1909 U.S. svdb cent but not anyone's accent.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:56:06 PM
oh yeah baby! love Sean Connery's and Pierce Brosnan's voice and accents and I could listen to Sam Elliot's gravelly voice all day long. Love the Aussie accents too.
 sassybaby2013
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:05:50 PM
Yes! Love a tall dark and handsome man with an. Accent
 12thour
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:23:47 PM
I am turned turned off by certain dialects for sure. The only one's I can even think of that I find interesting is Scottish and Aussie's

Having said that, I am told quite often by men that they love my southern dialect...I don't think I sound so different than anyone else.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:24:58 PM
No....but I have been turned off by some as well as certain voice qualities that do not match my ears....
"""""""""""""""""""""""

I am the same way. Sometimes the voices tell me this, or tell me that, to kill my mother, to change that necktie before I leave the house unless I want to get fired, or the voices may want to tell me what Mrs. Brick said to the greengrocer about that blonde who works at the bank.

Now, if the voices in my head are pleasant: a male baritone, or a clear-as-bell female voice, with a nice ring to it, then I might do their bidding, and milk the Joneses's cow for fun. But if the voice is raspy, rough, or dotted and herbacuous, then I start to argue with it... and if I am on the street, then people look at me funny and laugh, and point me out with their long, bony, sticky pointing fingers to the young in their families.

Sometimes the voices are a whispy smoke screen... I go into daydreams. Only to wake to the screeching voices in my head of a thousand dead souls of evil Chinese landladies past, that I did not turn the hot water tap off properly in the kitchen, or that there was some snot on the staircase, was it mine, or can she please keep it?
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:33:57 PM
Yes! I met a man online from Germany and he visited me and his accent was WONDERFUL whispering softly in my ear! It made me melllllllt! As a southern girl, I also LOVE the northern accent! """""""""""""""

Hey, I can easily see how that can happen.

You and your tall, bony, blonde, cool-blue eyed german gentleman mann-mann are sitting on the couch. He says, "Darrlink, bitte, hant oben dat milk zu me." "Sure, sweetie." He takes a gulp. "I chave told you never maybe the thime ich wrestled with leopard?" "Only a thousand times... tell me again, please."

"OchKay. Ich vas vervanderungseingangburo in Deutsches SudOst Afrika, wann de herzmutter of a dgiraffe tear a mule to piese, ober, unter, two pieces, tear him not just into one piece. Dann kam der strottenveriengangmasserstuss2wagen, unt vi all got on. Zokk-zakk, ve fahren, to the dzhungel. Vi see a giant hoch und smartkopf anakonda run to us. He carried a white flag, screamend, "nicht schiessen, nicht schiessen," vich means in Englisch, bitten nicht reiserfahrkartensmutzgenomhaben werden sein."

ETC.

You are right, Dora. No human alive on this planet could resist the charm of something like that.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:47:50 PM
Oh, my, you had me at Darrlink...
 mitzicentennial
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:03:21 PM
I have a very distinctive "Lawn Guyland" accent. Other New Yorkers usually like it. Here in Texas, people smile and compliment me all the time. When I lived in NC, mostly I got "Ah kin tell youse a Yankee" said with a sneer.

I love to hear accents that are different from mine.
 bottleguy
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:33:46 AM
English accent. Love an English accent.
 brie76
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:09:46 AM
i live in a seasonal resort town and we get lots of aussies, new zealand and english people. love listening to them talk. after awhile though, the accents all blend together and i can't figure out where they are from!lol

wish we would get some old-school italians in house. miss my grandpa's accent. :(

and hell yeah to sam elliots voice. he might be old, but damn!!! ;)
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:17:09 AM
I love uk accents and Australian accents and eastern Europeans.
Italian accents bring back to many bad memories growing up:(.
I haven't known many women who don't like a brooklyn accent with a very deep voice.

Texans sound food too!
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:18:20 AM
I love the Scottish accent and Brazilian accents very sexy
British accents turns me OFF, they sound so friggen snobby.
 kj521
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:29:28 AM
I definetly agree that a man's accent can be an extreme turn on. While I do think foreign accents are attractive, I think most of the posters here are neglecting the wonderful variety right here in the good old USA! I don't have an accent (orig. from Ct.), so for me, when I hear a deep, sexy, Brooklyn accent, I can barely contain myself!
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:01:51 AM
Sofia Vergara!! she can say the most stupid thing..and I just want to make love to her!
 kevin157
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:40:22 AM
Anyone here get turned on by squeaky, nasal NY/NJ accents? ? ? Anyone?
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:43:32 AM
Anyone here get turned on by squeaky, nasal NY/NJ accents? ? ? Anyone?

You mean the "NANNY"? lol. Its like listening to scratches on a chalk board.
That's actually not Representative of the area. Its more of a media made up accent , focusing on certain ethnicity in Long Island.
 CouldBWow
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:44:30 PM
I like all foreign accents and dislike regional American accents.

As to the NJ/NY accent - no, not a fan!

Reminds me of a glamorous silent movie star named Mary Pickford who had a very thick Brooklyn accent that literally destroyed her career when the talking movies came along!
 jjoenyc73
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/5/2013 3:59:30 PM

Reminds me of a glamorous silent movie star named Mary Pickford who had a very thick Brooklyn accent that literally destroyed her career when the talking movies came along!

No argument... for characters women play it does nothing for them.. J LO gets away with it though(Bronx accent)
 David1niner
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:22:31 PM
I met a beautiful girl in college that was from New Zealand. Just hearing her talk would make me weak at the knees.
 KER6969
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:47:22 PM
Heck YES!! I adore UK guys and tend to favour them over the rest of the men in the world. I also find Austrailian men sexy as well!! You have some hotties there such as Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce!

The accent is a huge turn on for sure (gets my sex drive going) and so it is the fact that British men know how to treat a woman PROPERLY and with RESPECT!
 darkmascara
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:54:48 PM
Yes, my cousin accent which was british. It turned me on so much, even though i was straight. also my other cousin has an aussie accent mixed with british and it was difficult for me to understand her. lol
 venusenvy777
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:16:02 PM
O ya theres a few that trip my switch... But then, I have a thing for a mans sexy voice...sigh...
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/6/2013 6:37:16 PM
...I actually went out with a guy who was from Scotland and when he spoke...I listened. He could have read the telephone book for all I cared. I just loved listening to him.
Now this is going to sound very high school but one time I purposely would not answer my cell phone cause I wanted him to leave a message. He did. And then of course I couldn't help but let a couple of my friends listen to the message *grins*
I also adored some of the expressions he used. The word 'brilliant' never sounded so adorable.

...mae

When I travelled to Alabama a couple of years ago my friends thought my 'Canadian' accent was cute. Huh... what accent?...it was them with the accent...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ever been turned on by a person's accent?