Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Obama/Romney...the world is wondering.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 76
Obama/Romney...the world is wondering.Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
and I'll say it again:

Mr Romney moved so far to the left last night I thought I was watching the DNC conference.

And Mr Romney had more time to debate, the way he was agreeing with the Presidents foriegn policy, I think Mr Romney would have eventually given President Obama an endorsement for another term.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 77
Obama/Romney...the world is wondering.
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:51:01 AM
When you start picking on things such as this, and especially when you are so wrong about it, it really shows that there is no objectivity in your thought process at all...........

PK...you act just like Mr Romney airbrushing the facts:

But on closer examination, the record as governor he alluded to looks considerably less burnished than Mr. Romney suggested. Bipartisanship was in short supply; Statehouse Democrats complained he variously ignored, insulted or opposed them, with intermittent charm offensives. He vetoed scores of legislative initiatives and excised budget line items a remarkable 844 times, according to the nonpartisan research group Factcheck.org. Lawmakers reciprocated by quickly overriding the vast bulk of them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/us/politics/romney-claims-of-bipartisanship-as-governor-face-challenge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

he got his health care bill

Yes he did! A fine piece of legislation and one the GOP proposed a few years back for the entire nation..gee, I wonder why Romney and the GOP have flipflopped on the healthcare bill??? Could it be non-bipartisianship??? Naaa...no chance.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:52:07 AM

romney got what he wanted with the legislation being controlled by the other side. So, did he get what he wanted with the majority of the legislation being deomcrat? Yeah, he did

PK...quit airbrushing the facts and go to factcheck and get back to reality.
 ORALROBERT2
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:54:14 AM
While Mr. Obama lies about White House culpability in the recent murders in the mid-east, the opposing candidate ignores the costitutional implications of global homicide. Bi-partisanship? No perhaps just spinelessness. Can we just allow congress the opportunity to defend our country against islamic terrorism? Can we say that? Can we call ft hood terrorism also, as long as white house white washing has entered the arena ?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:26:06 PM
The reason why Mitt Romney didn't come out and attack Obama on Benghazi last night is because the Family of the ambassador killed ask people to stop making this tragedy a political talking point. And i have to agree and I'm glad Mitt Romney was able to respect their wishes.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:29:48 PM
"While he can point to a major policy success in health care, his relationship with the Democratic-controlled legislature that made it possible is in tatters.

Geeze PK thank you for proving my point for me...that's pretty big of you and shows at least you know how to cross party lines even if Mr Romney doesn't.

I google this to see if anything turned up...but, this was the only thing that popped up:

the Family of the ambassador killed ask people to stop making this tragedy a political talking point

The family of former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty, who was killed in the Benghazi attack, has asked Mitt Romney to stop talking about him. Romney would reminisce about him on the stump, talking about how Doherty had family in Massachusetts and they met and talked on Utah ski slopes.

“I don’t trust Romney. He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” Barbara Doherty, told CNN affiliate WHDH.

http://www.alan.com/2012/10/10/slain-ex-navy-seals-family-asks-romney-to-drop-ancecdote/

And I note this request was made on or before 10/10/2012...which means it diodn't stop Mr Romney from making Benghazi a talking point during last weeks debate.
 Red_5
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:31:26 PM

I think Mr Romney would have eventually given President Obama an endorsement for another term.

That is the most intelligent thing I've heard in a while.

My disenchantment with this entire election goes beyond measure.

The joke is here that the Baptists prefer rapture to voting for a black or Mormon.

Not that it matters since neither knucklehead could Birmingham if I-20 didn't run west from Hotlanta.
 OyVay...
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:05:40 PM
"BUT, he DID get his healthcare bill passed"

And has spent every waking minute in the last 2 years running away from it! I'm sorry, you can't point with pride at something, and then denegrate when it is enacted in another form on a national setting.

Since it was passed in Massachusetts, home of then Senator Ted Kennedy, the prime mover on healthcare...do you think he may have had some influence on those in his party then?

Like I have said repeatedly, trying to pin this guy down on issues is akin to nailing jello to a tree!!! He has no core, no principals. Using the nuance on certain words, to make it SEEM like one thing is good...and then to reverse that stand months later...or having made a speech in primetime, only to have part of what you said walked back by your campaign, during the off hours..is LYING!!!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:23:57 PM
Just out of curiousity, what point did I prove? my point was, for the last time, that the DEMOCRATS were controllling the legislature, when romney passed his health care bill.

Oh PK...I know how embarassed you are for crossing the line and proving my point that Romney is no bipartisan administrator...and I know how embarrassed you must look in the eyes of your fellow neocon conservatives...I'm so sorry that you stepped out of the box and cross that red/blue line...it must be so hard for you.

One more question, romeny's relationship with the the democrat controlled legislature "is in tatters", according to whom....

Oh PK...I know your're now trying so hard to admit that this is a quote from your orrigional post...you posted it so you must know the source...and since you were using the healthcare issue to prove wanton Romney bipartisanship and included the tatter's part...well, we know that you did that to help me prove my point that Romney was no bipartisan leader...thank you again.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:39:33 PM

The pros or cons of Romney doesn't mitigate that Obama has been more a less a failure at working with Congress. Johnson finessed his Civil Rights Act through legislation...as did Nixon with SALT talks, etc. The President doesn't have a lot of constitutional power on with Congress...his strength needs to come from persuasion via leadership.

You could say the same thing about Dubya and his ineptitude towards bailing out New Orleans quickly - Presidents with backbones are hard to find - mainly because the parties themselves demand obedience, and without Party support they are nothing but a tumble weed in the wind. The whole notion of, "If you're not with us, then you're against us." is what is going to flush the USA into the toilet - from within. The Dems AND GOP need to loosen their corsets a bit and realize we're dealing with real human beings, not PAC committees or nameless donors. The reason there is not a third party that's sustainable in the current system is because the other two won't share the 'Glory' of ANYthing with ANYbody but themselves.
 sweetest
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:29:19 PM

The reason why Mitt Romney didn't come out and attack Obama on Benghazi last night is because the Family of the ambassador killed ask people to stop making this tragedy a political talking point.

^^^Hardly.

The family of Ambassador Stevens commented on October 14. Every news outlet yesterday had the same key objective leading up to that debate; trying to get an understanding of how each would lay out their case to win. I heard Libya mentioned all day and every day since Mitt stepped into the Libya debacle at the debate last week.

Look at my post today and you'll see that Fox pundits had the same expectation that he would have gone after the President on it, hence all the lamenting about his performance today.

What is much a more likely reason is what I posted above in my post, that his handlers chose not to expose him to the President on this issue when he has clearly no command of the subject, geography or anything remotely close to a sophisticated ability to provide analysis on ongoing US foreign policy in the region.

But there's also one more important detail, and I can see this being a large part of them not wanting to 'get into it' further...

But Saturday also brought the news, from Foreign Policy's Josh Rogin, that the document dump by Darrell Issa, the House Republican who oversaw a committee hearing on the attacks last week, had compromised the identities of Libyans working with the U.S. That is, that Republican opportunism has come at a real cost for people far beyond the realm of campaign trail gamesmanship. The New Republic October 21, 2012.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:44:32 PM

The welfare rate has risen 32% in the 4 years of Obama so many ARE better off in the left's perspective.

Logic; pretty sure you just failed to use any.

Also people who actually believe that IMO, are the reason we can not have nice things.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:04:09 PM

IF I were a politician, I would not be going there to compromise

How neocon conservative of you PK...your way or the highway...just like the teaparties of Grover Nordquist gendre....well, it's a sad thing when Olympia Snowe has to retire from congress as she no longer hold the hope for progress....your vision of government is the recipe for disaster...and out of step with your vaulted one...it is just your type of viewpoint that has stalemated congress and driven their approval ratings into darn near the single digits...I'm sure your happy with executive order which is the only thing that has moved this country forward...

Thanks for showing your true self...oh selfcentered one.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:57:35 PM
The family of Ambassador Stevens commented on October 14. Every news outlet yesterday had the same key objective leading up to that debate; trying to get an understanding of how each would lay out their case to win. I heard Libya mentioned all day and every day since Mitt stepped into the Libya debacle at the debate last week.

Look at my post today and you'll see that Fox pundits had the same expectation that he would have gone after the President on it, hence all the lamenting about his performance today.

ok what does the lybia attack itself have to do with him no longer mentioning the navy seal member that died?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/23/2012 8:44:50 PM
Is anybody watching the Benghazi emails appearing on TV news?

Bolton on new Benghazi emails: This cover up is starting to look like “an incredibly stupid cover up”.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:00:15 AM
I'm waiting............

Still waiting.........

STILL waiting........

You'll wait till hell freezes over PK...and the reason is because you never answer one challange...not one...you just keep on keeping on...just like when proved that Mr Romney is non-partisan...you flipflop to some other non-tangent subject rather than admit how wrong you are...even when you cut and paste part of an article that proved my point...and were clueless that it was your post that proved me right...

So, keep on waiting...because all we see is you continual wah wah wah.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/24/2012 6:43:26 AM
At Paul K

You (as some others on the right) do not fully understand the political dynamics within MA while Romney was gov'nor.

MA is as state which is traditionally on the left; much of it controlled by Dems; spearheaded by Ted Kennedy at the time (who was regarded much like the God-father of MA politics). As gov'ner Romney had to "play ball" with his opponents, if he wanted to enjoy any success in his post. Hence, Romney-care is what he concocted and got through with the ultimate blessings of TK and the rest of his loyal pack. Thus the claim that MR makes that he "worked well" with the dem controlled legislatures is a non-issue. The fact is that HE HAD TO, otherwise his governorship would have been made into a failure, and he'd have NO LEG to stand on in his bid to run for the POTUS.

What MR did (or had to do in MA) was in truth not of his nature. As POTUS; MR will have no such TK-like individual breathing down his back. He will be free to do what he wishes. He will definitely try to overturn Obama care and will unlikely substitute it with anything better. He (as he says) will leave it to the individual states (under the guise of preserving states rights); which in essence gives him an "out" to NOT do anything at all.
 ghettoblasters
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:11:49 PM
Romney and Obama are both primarily funded by Goldman Sachs, its closer than most think.
 Red_5
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/24/2012 1:58:08 PM
According to Mitt:

Oh Bama is always right and Romney is what's left.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/24/2012 2:15:54 PM
You are quite right GhettoBlaster.

When watching the debates I saw Goldman Sach's
left pocket yelling at their right pocket.

No matter who wins,
Goldman will as well.
 Aries_328
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:44:19 PM

Is anybody watching the Benghazi emails appearing on TV news?

Bolton on new Benghazi emails: This cover up is starting to look like “an incredibly stupid cover up”.

Leak... leak leak... haha at some point someone is going to find that Obama is personally leaking things in a darkened parking lot using a deepvoice.

No control. No leadership. No wonder.
 OyVay...
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:13:19 AM
OK, so lets talk the REAL power in the republicant party! So maybe we can vote on which statement was better yesterday!

Palin's "shuck and jive" comment on Obama(no not at all racist! lol)

Or the "Donald" offering the president what amounts to a bribe for his college transcripts and passport applications! He offered $5 million to the charity of the Presidents choice...of course knowing this jackwad like I do, he would renege and say he had evidence of some silly shit, and not pay off...

Gee, I wonder why he doesn't offer mitt a deal for his tax returns for the last 10 years? Oh that's right because he is a fellow republicant.

Now you gotta admit, these two are a real class act! Hahahahahaha!
 sweetest
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:26:37 AM
It's interesting in this election about who is coming out in support of the candidates--- a tale of two Republicans in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday, Mr. Romney is supported on the critical national stage by the absurd, 'loonatic fringe' Donald Trump.

This morning, General Colin Powell, a Republican who served from 2000 - 2005 under President Bush yet again states that he is throwing his support behind President Obama.

General Powell remarking that he is still a Republican but for many obvious reasons is once again supporting the clear choice by supporting President Obama.

Speaking to Mitt Romney's foreign policy views, Powell expressed his concern about Romney's changing positions on international affairs. "The governor who was saying things at the debate on Monday night was saying things that were quite different from what he said earlier," referring to Romney's performance at the foreign policy debate earlier in the week. "I'm not quite sure which Gov. Romney we would be getting with respect to foreign policy," he added.

"One day he has a certain strong view about staying in Afghanistan but then on Monday night he agrees with the withdrawal, same thing in Iraq. On almost every issue that was discussed on Monday night, Gov. Romney agreed with the president with some nuances. But this is quite a different set of foreign policy views than he had earlier in the campaign. And my concern is that sometimes I don't sense that he has thought through these issues as thoroughly as he should have."

He added that he has given close consideration to Romney's domestic policies. "As I listen to what his proposals are especially with respect to dealing with respect to our most significant issue, the economy, it's essentially let's cut taxes and compensate for that with other things but that compensation does not cover all the cuts intended or the new expenses associated with defense."

CBS News October 25, 2012

It's clear to me that General Colin Powell could be a serious and outstanding contender for the Republican ticket in 2016 because he has the opportunity stand for real fiscal conservatism - 'sans the fringe' and wing nuts from the Tea Party that currently make up the party and distract from pushing forward true Republican ideology.

Powell also told CBS that "I'm a Republican of a more moderate mold ... dying breed."

NPR reporting on the CBS story:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/10/25/163610379/colin-powell-endorses-obama-again

And when you're looking at who supports who in the Republican party....let's look at Mr. Romney...and his continuing, mind-numbing stance on supporting Mr. Mourdock who is running for the Senate.

Mitt Romney has disavowed the comments made Tuesday by Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock, who called pregnancies resulting from rape “something that God intended.” But the Republican presidential candidate still supports Mourdock’s bid for the Senate.

The Romney campaign has not asked Mourdock’s campaign to pull a television advertisement featuring Romney’s endorsement, a Romney campaign official said Wednesday morning.

Washington Post - October 24, 2012
 unYOUsual
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:33:16 AM

General Powell remarking that he is still a Republican but for many obvious reasons is once again supporting the clear choice by supporting President Obama.
He supported Obama in 2008 as well..not much of a Republican if he supports and extremely left leaning liberal Democrat in two Presidential elections...

It's clear to me that General Colin Powell could be a serious and outstanding contender for the Republican ticket in 2016
ROFLMAO...
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:41:47 AM
I keep seeing people do this^ claiming that Obama is an extreme left-leaning person.I never see any proof of this, just their conviction that he is. People who hate him also have claimed that he wanted to destroy all private property, to arrange that everyone works directly for the Federal government, that everyone go on welfare, and all manner of things.

None of them can cite any unbiased source for their claims.

But much more to the point, I grew up around REAL extreme left and right wing people; and I know what a REAL extremist actually is. Pretending that Obama is extreme left, just shows that whoever says so, hasn't got the slightest clue what "extreme left" actually means.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Obama/Romney...the world is wondering.