Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RorschachTM
Msg: 22
Police issue warning to single mothers seeking love on the netPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You are asking me to put on half-burnt boxer shorts?
This clearly shows the underpinning of anti-male bigotry/sexist attitude, seeking to dominate malekind! :O

*still puts on the smouldering boxer shorts anyhow*
 RorschachTM
Msg: 24
Police issue warning to single mothers seeking love on the net
Posted: 10/18/2012 2:48:17 PM
mmmmmm hot and smouldering

*shudders*
 Michael.Jay
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2012 5:50:42 PM

You are asking me to put on half-burnt boxer shorts?
This clearly shows the underpinning of anti-male bigotry/sexist attitude, seeking to dominate malekind! :O

*still puts on the smouldering boxer shorts anyhow*

makes me think ... liar liar pants on fire !

In regards to the article ... *yawn* more misandry ... only males are paedophiles ;) only men commit domestic vilolence ;) ... men are bad mmm'kay
 Pinky127
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/18/2012 7:17:53 PM
For previous poster.............

Most studies of convicted predators say female pedophiles aren’t as common as males. Then again, most professionals haven’t really focused on researching female predators until recently.

Back in 1984, a study done by Finkelhor & Russell estimated that about 5% of female children and 20% of male children exposed to sexual predation were abused by women. More recent research among victims suggests that the rate of female predation is alarmingly higher than we thought back then.
 MrsNaamah
Msg: 27
Posted: 10/18/2012 8:42:55 PM
The report I heard indicated that the cops were posing as a woman who was offering guys a two for one deal, (her and her 13yo girl), and they caught a perv. Assuming that most single mothers on dating sites do manage to refrain from pimping their own children to get a date, how has child molestation suddenly become assumed to be the inevitable result of merely having pics of you and your kids on your profile? And then comes the kneejerk Helen Lovejoy hysteria…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

By the way, the police are not just suggesting no photos of kids. They are suggesting that people don’t mention that they have kids at all. So parents are meant to lie about not having kids on the off chance that they are talking to a child molester. I’m sure all that lying, and assuming everyone is out to get you, won’t bother potential suitors in the least. *cough*

Do people have so little faith in their own ability to screen, attract people from the majority of the population who are not sexual deviants, not rush into things like despos who think they have a ‘bond’ with someone after merely exchanging some words on a screen, and use appropriate discretion/common sense with regards to their interpersonal relationships… that they must instead go through life catering to the lowest common denominator? Do these same people decide to stay inside forever so as to be absolutely sure of never meeting a rapist?
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/19/2012 4:25:46 AM

It's funny how people can be so blind to the thought of bigotry when it's against men as a gender but when it comes to having such paranoia against any other geographic group, it only takes a small nudge for the sensitivity alarms to go off.

That's normal though. It is the predominantly white male tax payer that works to pay taxes that funds all the feminist PC pinko bullshit.
 GuessWhat1964
Msg: 30
Police issue warning to single mothers seeking chewbucca love on the net
Posted: 10/19/2012 5:07:02 AM
^^^^

One out of four Australian's were not born here. You PC people are selling your land and your culture. We are going to be the next generation of aboriginals, crying about how our land and lifestyle has been stolen by the new comers.
 tinapenny
Msg: 31
Police issue warning to single mothers seeking chewbucca love on the net
Posted: 10/19/2012 8:00:39 AM
"You PC people..." Haha Caves, you PC person, you. Once again a sweeping generalisation is hideously inaccurate. I dont know why people bother generalising but on an internet forum its bound to be more than usually ridiculous since....YOU DONT KNOW ANYONE.

I agree that there is a risk associated with internet dating. In fact there are many risks...to your children, your health, personal safety and possessions. Have I left anything out? It seems like the last great frontier where all our lovely society regulations and threats of legal liability have no effect. We actually have to think for ourselves. In some ways its a relief from how over regulated the rest of our lives are.
 Galactica27
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:09:58 AM
Whenever I see a profile which contains the persons children I send them an email asking them to take them down,
I am over protective of not just my child regarding this issue but I feel responsible as an adult to act so whenever I see any child put at risk and putting an image of a child up on a dating site I believe is putting a child at risk , as well it's not just the sicko's out there it's also the scammers who will use family images to create fake profiles. and God only knows where that image will be used, You cant leave it in the hands of the administrators of this site, you have to take action yourself.
 Michael.Jay
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2012 5:42:15 PM

Whenever I see a profile which contains the persons children I send them an email asking them to take them down,
I am over protective of not just my child regarding this issue but I feel responsible as an adult to act so whenever I see any child put at risk and putting an image of a child up on a dating site I believe is putting a child at risk , as well it's not just the sicko's out there it's also the scammers who will use family images to create fake profiles. and God only knows where that image will be used, You cant leave it in the hands of the administrators of this site, you have to take action yourself.

you could just mind your own paranoid business ?
 SwanLake73
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/21/2012 7:01:12 AM
I used to tell people in these sorts of topics, that I regularily put paper bags over my kids heads when I go to woolies and coles in case someone from facebook sees them..

I think the images of the kids on a dating site are off putting.. for dating.. you just see the years ahead stretched of school runs and being tied down/ competing for time.. i had one man break dates for school events, soccer presentations.. meh.. so I move to the next
 RorschachTM
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/21/2012 7:22:17 AM
^^^^

I agree with Lakeside Swan... kids and dating shouldn't be mixed. I used to see this single mum for awhile... but similar to Swanny's man would insist on doing kids stuff in middle of our date. Fair enough you have to look after your kid but why double book me in for the time? (I can imagine her being pressed for time, as a single mum but we weren't at THAT much of a comfortable stage, I don't think...) Until you know the person quite well, which is point that has been made, don't mix kids with potential partners...

*has flashbacks to kids chucking hissy fits and yelling "You are not my real dad!!!!*
 SwanLake73
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/21/2012 9:41:29 PM
Rorshchach, Yes you reminded my of my wedding day where my kids said their own vows to my husband at the time.
They dutifully recited that they accepted him as their stand in dad and to act and be there for them as a dad.. (it was his idea)
He was an awesome dad they adored him and vice versa.. Then my girls grew up, hit puburty and he well struggled cos he knew they was not their flesh and blood.. We broke up and he was banned from contacting my girls till they turned 18.
My 19 year old looked him up recently and they sorted the issues out... she missed having a dad surprisingly enough.

I spent a long time not minding my own business and warning the women with young girls he proceeded to meet on other dating sites about his difficulty in living in a house with teens. It was a grey area but I truly believe if I had not called the police and nipped things in the bud he may have gone to a stage worse.. who knows... I don't know.. he re married and having a daughter of his own soon.. but while he was in that innnapropriate stage he was trolling the dating sites.. mostly 18 year olds but also single mums with usually young daughters.. I blasted him and he stopped dating single mums.. and I hope learnt his lesson.

Can happen to anyone and I am very lucky I saw the signs and interevened before anything more tragic occured.

caves.. I am off two minds about dating a parent with school age child. I keep forgetting I have the school years ahead of me with my son from next year.. and I have been a step mum before and i adored my step kids and lucky to have regular contact with them.

I am probably projecting a bit of self worth issues feeling unwanted as a potential datee myself as I have kids and on occasions pressed for time.. particularly when last month my eldest presented me with a rather adorable grandson.. :) I feel I have so much family commmitments it would take a really special sort of guy to take me on.... if he had kids, I would work on working with it.. but if he didnt.. be more simple for many reasons.

RorschachTM
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/22/2012 1:16:08 PM
Caves mate... I didn't actually say a thing about making others take pics down.
I just said it was depressing that a pedophile would use intenet dating to pick out potential targets and that it was bit concerning

That was pretty much sum of my first in this thread.

Had I been concerned about kids in profile or whatever, yes there would be paradox...

Also I met and dated the single mum in question few years back... I hope this resolves me of possible paradox which may bend spacetime continuum

wouldn't just be easier to NOT get to know the person in the first place because they have children. hence the leaving photos the way they are.

fair enough Caves... wanna shout me for a run down to the brothel?? :P

LakesideSwan: I suppose a vow between kids and the step-parent coming in sounds like a good idea, if they develop sufficient rapport.
 SwanLake73
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:57:41 AM
my neighbour owns a brothel....

are you playing cupid now caves.. I had forgotton that the purpose of being on this site was to meet people!!
 RorschachTM
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/23/2012 12:52:15 PM
caves: contact me for my paypal details :P

swanny: any chance you could hook me up with mate's rates? I might swing by for some chocolate related baked goods afterwards :P
 SwanLake73
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:14:52 AM
Mates rates huh.. if you came for baked chocolate treats first you get a birds eye view of miss front page of the website where my neighbour manages lol... just watch out for R*** she apparently is lazy and about to be sacked.

Hmm is my dog safe??
 Captain_Zen
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/24/2012 8:59:12 AM
It's great to see the Qld police keeping themselves busy at least.

I wonder how many punters turned down the offer before they caught a live one? Sounds like the crime squad to be in!

Hangin out in chat rooms all day pretending to be someone you're not. Now there's a novel thought.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:22:44 PM
Damn it! Swanny is on to me!!!

*hides bags of dog treats & biscuits*

I mean... uh... I've got nothing but you in my sight, swanny! :P
 SwanLake73
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:16:56 AM
hmm rorschach,, if you offer candy to my dog from a van, I shall be very suss...
 bobtail123
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:21:10 AM
I have No kids of my own , so I can only talk for myself , but I see a Lot of women with Photos of there children, we know there are people on here that are in jail with passes and people that I would even give a dog to, even if it was in my own backyard. So everyone if you have a photo even with a child's arm in it, or say anything about you children, for their sake Please Remove it, If there is one case in the media you can bet there are 50 that go unreported !!!!! Believe me I know a very high ranking Police Officer , she has told me of more cases that will never make it in to the media
 i8pineapple
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/3/2015 6:33:07 PM
It cracked me up one time, this bird had "must like kids" at least twice and another few references in her profile, so I sent her a message- how many kids are we talking about? then she's given me a gobful and flipped out and blocked me. So I'm guessing at least 5 or 6, and probably all different fathers in jail/rehab/NZ.
 petula1908
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:51:54 PM
Yes let us get a concerted campaign going against loading pics of children on dating sites. This showing off their "beautiful" children in order to create a positive loving image of themselves is just really an ego trip. No child of theirs is ever ugly, you notice???
Some are looking for new mothers or fathers for their children and we all know about these stepdads with ulterior motives. Target the lonely, often overweight, not so hot, single mother in order to get to the children, the nubile teenagers and even pre-pubescent. Neither boys nor girls are safe from these bastards.

If any parent rebels against keeping their children safer with no pics on the net, they are seriously flawed and should be regulated against.

Heavens!! People get up in arms because some bloke wants to post a shirtless pic. So what?? Get your priorities right, I say.
 petula1908
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/22/2015 4:58:08 PM
bobtail123

You mean people you would not give a dog to etc??? Who would we lobby to get regulations enforced about pics of children on dating sites, and then of course there is Facebook and other media, but at least there are security levels with those but still a hazard in my opinion.
 Jarod50
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/22/2015 5:59:59 PM
Perhaps some members should be reminded of the "PLENTYOFFISH TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT"
ELIGIBILITY - You must be 18 years of age or older to visit or use this Website or the Services in any manner. By visiting the Website or accepting these Terms of Use, You represent and warrant to Plentyoffish that You: (i) are 18 years of age or older, and that You have the right, authority and capacity to agree to and abide by the Agreement; (ii) will use the Website in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations; and (iii) have not been convicted of any felony and are not required to register as a sex offender with any government authority.

"You must be 18 years of age or older to visit or use this Website or the Services in any manner." So what exactly does the word "use" mean here? is this to be interpreted as an under 18 individual appearing in one of the members profile pictures?? or not??

An option for other members to report the violation to this sites administrators if spotted in search results could be a way of dealing with this problem.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >