Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Mundine slams racist Australia      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 35
Mundine slams racist Australia Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

For my post to be racist I would have to say that one race is naturally better than another.

I consider it "racism" when you have paranoia over other people simply because of their skin colour. Just like in your case how you think the big white bogeyman is after you simply because they are white and you are black.

Racism is racism. If it's racism going in one direction, that means it's racism going in the other. No double standards.

If I had paranoia over people simply because they had black skin as for thinking all blacks are likely to be criminals, people everywhere would be deeming me as a racist.

This isn't much different to your extreme paranoia over white people.

You can't just pick and choose when you want equality. Equality means equality 24/ 365 days a year in every single area in life. No flip flopping.

What keeps racism alive is that whites are not forced to face up to it. Most hide behind well-scripted excuses and lies. In fact most, like you, think you are not racist because you see racism as requiring hatred and false beliefs. Therefore as long as you stick to contempt and science you think you're safe.

My post challenges you (Something you hate and are not accustomed to)

My post educates you.(How dare you ! you are black, nonetheless)

My posts opens your minds. (Sort of. After all, white knows everything)

My posts dispells myths. ( kind of. After all, white is right)

Blacks AREN"T forced to face up to racism neither. It's your extremism and delusions that's making you think this way.

Has it ever occurred to you that you're delusional? It's all in your mind? Sure, some white people may have these mentalities but I think you take it way too far which veers in the direction of you being the one racist as you seem to have serious serious serious ****ING SERIOUS trust issues with white people.

You have been spoon fed lies your whole lives and now it’s too late

What lies? Tell me what these lies are exactly? We aren't living in the ages where blacks are still slaves. We are living in the modern age where society in general has no such negative towards blacks.

You seem stuck in a different generation and imagine that it's all still happening now when its been over since before you were born.

You were never a victim of the inhumane treatment blacks faced generations ago but yet you act like you are and you seem to want a free ride of the sympathy gravy train for something you were never a victim of.

So you lash out and throw tantrums, blame shifting, laughably claim whites are now the victims, you probably troll blogs and forums like these, you say anything so you can feel relevant, significant, and in control. But you’re not in control, and you’re slowly realizing you never really were

I call it freedom of speech.

You seem to think that white people aren't allowed to disagree with you. In fact, you think white people aren't allowed to have their say, period. This is the exact type of mentality that you are accusing white people of. It's a superiority complex. Your voice only matters, we should all shut up as ours is inferior.

If whites have their freedom of speech too and have a mind of their own which is different to yours, you lash out with such shaming tactics such as what is quoted above.

I never ever compared whites being victims to how blacks have had it in the past. The simple fact is that whites face racism too. Blacks are racist too. If whites aren't allowed to complain about that, there is serious something wrong.

What do you bloody expect? A black person is allowed to slap a whitey across the face and we are expected to turn the other cheek? If we complain, it means..."So you lash out and throw tantrums, blame shifting, laughably claim whites are now the victims, you probably troll blogs and forums like these, you say anything so you can feel relevant, significant, and in control. But you’re not in control, and you’re slowly realizing you never really were"

Seriously, you are so out of touch with reality, it's truly disturbing.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 36
Mundine slams racist Australia
Posted: 10/26/2012 10:09:41 AM

Even if a black person when out and killed a white person and said “I hate white people !!”

That’s not racism

And that's where I stopped reading folks.

How can any logical person take you seriously when you say such ludicrous crap like this?

You're not worth a proper reply to all what you said as you truly are way out of touch with reality. Seek professional help.
 robertaus
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/26/2012 3:44:59 PM
Is not this thread about racist Australia? The UK is irrelevant.If the Uk is as racist as he claims then why did they allow blacks to migrate there to start with?Sounds like a load of crap to me.
 qldblue
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/26/2012 6:00:45 PM
Gentlemen, the topic is about Mundine slams racist Australia and not about other races and countries as you have moved to.

Even tho all of you have covered some valid points in your for and against arguments about racism you have strayed a tad from the original question.

Too many people Mundine is a Racist to a lot of people whether they be white, black, asian and any other race of people who he thinks have pushed down his own people.

Unfortunately he engages his mouth before he engages his brain.

Some of his comments have alienated him from the main stream of groups who are fighting the war on racism.

One of his best and most stupidist comments was the one about the victims of the twin towers where he said during an interview that the victims of that sad event got what they deserved because of their actions of putting down blacks, basically.

Then he was surprised at the amount of anger that was directed at him over those comments.

Mundine may have attained some wins in his rugby league and boxing endeavours but he is not a gracious winner nor is he a gracious loser.

He has a long way to to to reach the respect that past aboriginals have attained, like his father, Lionel Rose and countless other people.

When I was growing up, I was friends with a family who are aboriginal and as a child I hated going over to their place after school because the mother of that family made us kids do our home work before we could play, such a disaster for kids.

However, when that mother passed away at her funeral was the Premier of the state and the ministers of police, aboriginal affairs, health and education and former ministers of those departments paying their respects to a woman who wasn't white or black or asian or rich, they were paying their respects to an amazing woman who raised her children to be exceptional at their jobs.

This woman was honoured for ability to reach aboved the racist taunts of her childhood and too instil in her children that it doesn't matter if your white, black, asian or whatever, you can achieve the impossible if your willing to do the hard yards.

This woman was and is someone who earned her respect not by making grand and stupid comments like Mundine but by her committment to her children by instilling in them that regardless of their skin colour, it is what is inside that person that counts.
 Michael.Jay
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2012 7:20:51 PM

Posted By: qldblue on 10/27/2012 12:00:45 PM
He has a long way to to to reach the respect that past aboriginals have attained, like his father, Lionel Rose

Umm, you are wrong bluey ... hint look at his last name! Lionel Rose is not his dad, his dad was former boxing champ Tony Mundine

In regards to posts by this chap beamonjump

Posted by beamonjump: 10/27/2012 141 AM Even if a black person when out and killed a white person and said “I hate white people !!”

That’s not racism

Hahaha is this guy for real ? If I said this in reverse I would be reported to the police and be facing charges of hate crime/racism and that's a fact so in a way this TROLL beamonjump and that is what he is a TROLL (don't feed the trolls, I should listen to my own advice) has proven to us here that in fact there is institutionalized racism in Australia and it's racism AGAINST white people who are not allowed to speak their minds even if they sincerely believe in what they are saying for fear of prosecution and gaol so thanks to the TROLL is in order ... Thanks TROLL/beamonjump, BTW you are also a long winded tool much like A. Mundine !!!
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/26/2012 8:01:48 PM
Some people from any race are racist. Blacks can be racist, asians can be racist, arabs can be racist.

To say that whites don't face racism is being simplistic.

No whole race is more innocent than another. We are all human and we are all capable of any evil.

Do aboriginals have it great in Australian society? Very far from it. Do white people have it great in Australian society? Again, very far from it. The only people who live these great privileged lifes are the rich and powerful, which is only a very small minority of the whole population.
 qldblue
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/27/2012 2:48:06 AM
not wrong as my text reads; like his father comma Lionel Rose.......

My mistake would have been; like his father Lionel....... if I had left out the comma.
 Noxious_Hysteria
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/28/2012 4:08:03 PM
Anthony Mundine needs to keep his fists up, his opinions down and his mouth shut. I had a friend I worked with who followed St George when he was a footballer and her addage was absolutely right; 'That W*nker Mundine'. It has stood the test of time!
 MrsNaamah
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/29/2012 5:37:37 PM

like i said she is a damn fine hottie,

Now how good a mate am I, hey!!! Giving you a perfectly sound reason to call a hot chick. Can't help but notice you haven't called Phil yet... Interesting though innit, that some of those things she can't say yes to whereas I'd be surprised if any white skinned person didn't answer yes to all in a "well yeah of course" kind of fashion. It's gotta impact on the overall sense of yourself. Meanwhile, in another part of the city, short people feel hated over far less.

Even if a black person when out and killed a white person and said “I hate white people !!”
That’s not racism
Because if any black person were to try they would go to jail.
FOREVER.
That’s not racism. Racism is when you can kill people and get away with it.

They are both examples of racism. Whilst a racist system is scarier than a racist individual, neither could continue to exist without the other.

Getting anyone to give up an advantage is always going to be an uphill battle. And don't kid yourself that the downtrodden are all somehow better people. The same percentage would do some trodding themselves, given the chance. That's humans for ya. (Is my misanthropy showing?)

btw who the hell is Anthony Mundine?
 qldblue
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/31/2012 5:35:34 AM
Beamonjump, some of what you say has some relevance but your relevance is shattered when you attack people who are supporting equality because in your view they are white so therefore they are racist.

If your going to generalise that ALL white people are racist then the same method of generalization could be used and say that deep down all black people are criminals and drug users.

We both know that isn't true as all races of people have their good and bad, their rich and poor and so on.

Like a lot of Australians I have mixed bloodlines incorporating english, scottish, asian and aboriginal, will I say sorry for the actions of my forebearers, that is a resounding NO.

Your point about the Arabs selling black africans is a valid point but so is the point that black africans also assisted in the capture and selling into slavery of other black africans and even the whites got into the act.

Even today slavery still exists, maybe you have heard of the white slave trade.

In the 1930's to about 1945 the Japanese had sex slaves and in thelate 1930's to 1945 the Nazis had slave labour.

The topic here is Mundine slams racist Australia.

This man called into question another aboriginal's right to be classed as an aboriginal as well as attacking the man's wife and child who happen to be white.

I am not sure what caused the race riots in england a few years ago but do your people a favour and do not attack people who are not the same colour as you who are promoting equality.
 kmac6
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 5:54:10 AM
Well said!! I am another who has Scottish background and the clan was near wiped out and driven to either America or here in Aussie Land. I could go spouting off "Bloody Pommie B'stards if I wanted.. But then the other side is English so the point is moot. Having a chip on ones shoulder only does oneself injustice.

Be bigger than the past and make things better in your life.
 qldblue
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:10:05 PM
Not really Brien, it is more the old school upbringing, you the style; if you want to make a difference in this world then start with yourself first and do not expect others to know what you want, that is how my Grandmother taught me.

I am not a person who will place blame on another for what their ancester did a couple of hundred years ago and I am not a person who will use the wrongs done to me by a person who died a hundred years before I was even conceived as a reason to hate.

One bad thing about history is that it is judged by todays standard which is not the way things were when it happened.

I see so many posts on this site written by people who are commenting on things that happened long before they were born and had been taught to them by new age teachers who take the privilage of free speech as their god given right and use that freedom to bad mouth those who fought for the right for people be equal.

Mundine is a racist but he keeps taking the white man's money and belittles his own race.
 RorschachTM
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:23:16 PM
While I largely agree with qldblue (probably 99%), and one shouldn't hate or blame people as such... but we don't have to be so distant from our past.

After all, a person is not merely born into this world and forms their identity on their own. There's culture that has been formed over generations that partially informs us who we are. Same with knowledge... people don't pull ideas out of their arses... they are just building on years of debate.

Ze problem here is history is much like statistics. Sure, there are statistical facts that can be confirmed, but depending on the wording and methods used in crunching of numbers, statistics can be manipulated easily. History can be used for guilt measures, to blame and hate as demonstrated in thread but that doesn't mean all mention of history in context to race relations/racism is bad or irrelevant.

Back to original point, couldn't care less about Mundine. Just another overpaid, brainless jock that gets more attention than he should. Why aren't people paying more attention to good blokes like Stuart MacGill? :P

Just my 2 cents.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/14/2012 11:15:40 AM

beamonjump what are you doing in Europe then if you hate whites so much?

That's a good question. If he was in a black african nation, he couldn't use whitey as a multipurpose scapegoat for all his woes. So when he faces what ALL whites face, as it's a fact of life for everyone in all races, such as being rejected to be CEO, PM or president, or generally gets refused a job, or get's arrested for committing a crime, he can't blame racism for it.

I wonder what he would say then when he has no one to blame? lolz
 RorschachTM
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/14/2012 4:01:37 PM
hahahaha

thanks caves
best and funniest reply I've read since I joined this website.
agreed as well... but do I really have to choose between England and the Middle East?

Seems a bit like limited choices... or is me whinging about it racism too? :P
 gingerosity
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 2:01:49 AM
No, it's a stupid question because discrete races and countries don't exist outside of our minds. Concepts can be useful, but not in this particular case. People have no control over which bit of ground they're born on or the amount of skin pigmentation they have, so the concepts have no moral impetus. What people should and shouldn't do cannot be correlated to the accidental circumstances of their birth becuase all morality is derived from personal responsibility. This is why your statement on having nothing to feel guilty about is correct - the concept of 'original sin' is completely immoral.

The irony here is that the non-existence of distinct human races - our very uniformity - is the real origin of racism. We don't vilify chimps because they are actually different. It is only within the human race that exaggerating differences to try to create unique tribal identities developed from our primitive psyche.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism_of_small_differences
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/15/2012 2:14:46 AM
The only people I suggest to leave and go elsewhere are the people who seem to have serious trust issues with white people and/or just simply hate white people. I wouldn't be saying the same to any other person of colour UNLESS they were saying the same types of things as beamonjump.

I don't see anything wrong with that.
 gingerosity
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 2:45:02 AM
What is wrong with that is that it is reinforcing the distrust and artificial divisions instead of working with them to overcome them and emancipate us all from our illusions. Chanting 'love it or leave' is nothing more than giving in to fear and ignorance without a fight.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/15/2012 4:22:25 AM
Well I ain't exactly chanting. I just made a suggestion. I didn't demand it or in anyway indicate that this has to be the way.

I do understand where you are getting at. But I think he is old enough to know better.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2012 9:18:17 AM

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/national/mansell-slams-mundine-as-racist/story-e6frfku9-1226499201799

Mundine is saying the same thing that Andrew Bolt got in a lot of trouble for a while ago. There must be one law depending who it is and another law for a whitey.

Look up 'non-sequitur'.
Andrew Bolt is an idiot who happens to be a journalist... Anthony Mundine is an idiot who happens to be a boxer.
Can you think of any reason why community expectations, vis-a-vis being fair and balanced and generally relying on facts to back up their opinions, might differ in regard to each?

Can you think of any reason journalists might be held to higher standard regarding their characterisations of public figures compared to the standard expected of boxers?

Do the 'codes of practice' that apply to each profession spell out the obligations of journalists and boxers, respectively, in regard to what is, or isn't, reasonable and expected in terms of literary output?

If you can answer any of these ^^^ questions it might give you at least one clue as to why Bolt and Mundine are held to different standards. It's got nothing to do with 'racism', and nothing to do with 'heightism' or 'weightism' either.

beamonjump what are you doing in Europe then if you hate whites so much?

That's a good question.

Is it still a "good question" if you apply it to yourself? You, for instance, seem to have a few 'issues' with multi-culturalism - and Australia is a multi-cultural country.

Why haven't you gone somewhere that isn't multi-cultural?
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/15/2012 1:26:34 PM

Look up 'non-sequitur'.
Andrew Bolt is an idiot who happens to be a journalist... Anthony Mundine is an idiot who happens to be a boxer.
Can you think of any reason why community expectations, vis-a-vis being fair and balanced and generally relying on facts to back up their opinions, might differ in regard to each?

I think that's a poor excuse.

You aren't making any sense. How does a person's occupation have anything to do with it? If a boxer calls a black person the N bomb, does that mean they should be immune of punishment but not a journalist? Your logic, well ya know, being a boxer makes it okay but if you're a journalist, well you're in big big trouble.

Ummm no, sorry.

The law is the law, your occupation shouldn't make you immune to it. But you seem to think well boxers should be immune to laws.

seem to have a few 'issues' with multi-culturalism

No I don't AT ALL.

What I do have a problem with is when there are people who blame everyone else by using race for all their woes because they dread to take responsibility and accountability for any problem they may have.

Why haven't you gone somewhere that isn't multi-cultural?

Because I don't have a problem with multiculturalism. I'm not the one blaming another race for all my woes.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/16/2012 2:35:34 PM

Your logic, well ya know, being a boxer makes it okay but if you're a journalist, well you're in big big trouble.

Journalists are rightly held to a higher standard. They have a professional obligation to be objective. Sadly, Bolt, like many of his colleagues of either political persuasion, fails utterly.

Boxers are not expected to do anything other than pummel the sh*t out of their opponents.
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/16/2012 3:12:09 PM

They have a professional obligation

I thought big time sport stars do too.

Look what happens when something minor happens with a professional ruby league player for an example, criticism is plastered all over the news. Being a famous boxer would come with the same responsibility and standard I can imagine. Mundine is known nationally and internationally wide. When people are famous like this, they are obligated to set an good example. Mundine shouldn't be any different.
 lyingcheat
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2012 10:24:53 PM

Look up 'non-sequitur'.

I think that's a poor excuse.
You aren't making any sense. How does a person's occupation have anything to do with it?

Ah... this ^^^ might be the source of your confused incomprehension.

If you ignore context, intent, and professional responsibility, then current events probably do seem pretty mysterious.

Maybe you think journalism courses and degrees are a waste of time, but have you considered that more might be expected of journalists than an ability to type and spell?

Bolt formulated his hypothesis in print, he marshalled examples to support it, named significant names, and tried to demonstrate the premise was true.
Some of the people he named didn't like the implications of what he was saying, so they challenged the premise.
The court found Bolts hypothesis to be without merit because it amounted to a professional slander on racial grounds.

It's pretty simple.

Mundine slagged off another boxer, a potential opponent, verbally. A practice that's common amongst professional boxers. He made no case, and marshalled no evidence,

His comments were reported by people with the ability to type and spell. The object of Mundines abuse, presumably understanding Mundines real intentions, avoided taking offense, at least in terms of litigation, and (as far as I know) made no official complaint about the 'slander'.

It's pretty simple.

Mundine shouldn't be any different.

What makes you think he is?

The content, context, type, meaning, and intention of the insult he aimed were all different to what got Bolt in trouble. Despite which Mundine got opprobium heaped on him for saying it, and eventually made a limp apology.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-18/mundine-slammed-for-geale-slur/4321864
http://tasmaniantimes.com/index.php?/weblog/article/mundine-slammed-for-geale-slur/show_comments
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/live-geale-mundine-press-conference/story-e6frf7jo-1226498955651
http://www.clicksport.com.au/news/mundine-fires-racial-slur-at-geale
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8550362
https://twitter.com/dailytelegraph/status/258842689674571776
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/10/22/hold-the-ego-thanks-mr-mundine/
 dropbear62
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:51:54 PM
to reply to this mundane question , u have to live overseas in a minority country and to live there for at least 6 months . toable to reply appropriatley to this mundane question , i have lived overseas and Malaysia is a rascist backwater , every Muslim country is a rascist sinkhole , every country will have its problems , at this point Australia is one of the few countries where it is not rampant and uncontrolled .
And to cut off those that have lived in another country a white one dont count , and living in 5 star luxury dont count either , same as high priced backpacking through europe
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Mundine slams racist Australia