Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How young is too young for a 69 year old man      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 five-marie
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How young is too young for a 69 year old manPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
" old fartesses?" Haha, loved that Gwen.
I personally try to date close to my own age, not more than 5 years younger, 10 older.
I would be leery about dating a man almost 70. Health issues can and do affect us all but after 70 I think it's almost a given you're going to have some.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 27
How young is too young for a 69 year old man
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:12:41 PM
I think chihuahua's are meaner on a per capita than Rotties.

That may be true but no matter how pissed of a chihuahua is it is not going to be nearly as much of a potential threat as a Rotty or any large powerful breed.

How many Chihuahua's does the average Rottie weigh?

I think the girls are onto something - you are probably stuck with old Fartesses unless your are planning on getting your sugar daddy status.

I wonder what age a person qualifies to be an old fart.
 boninibaby
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:20:57 PM
As much as most people think age is the issue,common interests and lifestyle are the factors you should be looking for .
IMO
 jan1025
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:49:01 PM
When first reading this it pissed me off, because I thought here is another dirty old man looking for his past....

Then I realized that maybe you are just wondering, but I doubt it. You are looking for approval from responses here so you can justify dating someone young enough and yes, that would be the age of your daughter or granddaughter. That's your answer.

In the region I am from younger women date older guys for their money. You got cash, you can get a younger woman/girl.
They give you the body, and you pay for it. They won't love you, ever. There are loads of girls/woman out there looking for a sugar daddy, but after a while even with all the money spent on them, the situation will get as old as you are and they will leave you.

So, if you are looking for a body to excite you, well... the world is an open vessel of young women. If you are looking for love and to spend the rest of your life with a partner, then stay within your own age group.

Men like you make me want to throw up.
Excuse me, while I go and do just that....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/22/2012 4:53:15 PM

I wonder what age a person qualifies to be an old fart.

I was told by the experts (the group of old farts who hang out in the local McD's) that 70 is the legal age to call yourself an old fart.

Then I realized that maybe you are just wondering, but I doubt it. You are looking for approval from responses here so you can justify dating someone young enough and yes, that would be the age of your daughter or granddaughter. That's your answer.

Spot on--I said much the same thing.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:02:24 PM
My rule for both sexes is that if you could be your potential partner's parent, that's a line that shouldn't be crossed.
 CDMer
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:10:09 PM
I got a chuckle out of message 29 posted by jan1025. A man wanting to date younger women nauseates her while she herself, claiming to be 51, is only open to communications from men 45 to 52 years old!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...
 jan1025
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:13:23 PM
I see I hit a nerve....
I don't have a son or grandson that is 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, or 52. That is within my age group... duh!

And for your information most men in my region at 52 look 65! So, I'm really taking a chance with that one, lol.... Besides that, I don't own a pot or a black kettle, those went out out of style around the same age as my grandfather, which he's dead now. lol Sorry
 Paderic
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:59:13 PM
And for your information most men in my region at 52 look 65!

Speaking as a whole, women in the 50 - 60 age group aren't anything to look at either (Literally for those without pictures in their profile.) Fortunately, there are still exceptions.
 DragonBits
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/22/2012 5:59:55 PM

I don't have a son or grandson that is 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, or 52. That is within my age group... duh!

I never had children, how do I determine how long in age I can go without incuring the wrath of fartesses?

BTW, my wife told me when we were dating it took her two days to get used to the fact that I fart a lot.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/22/2012 6:15:00 PM
most men in my region at 52 look 65

I have heard that from some women in my area as well and most of them who said that looked good but also looked her age in her pictures. There are definately alot of people on these sites who have a distorted self image IMO.
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/22/2012 7:43:45 PM

I wonder what age a person qualifies to be an old fart

When they start acting like it-
 TheSeeker0
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:02:13 PM

I see I hit a nerve....

I also don't have a daughter / granddaughter in that age range either, I just put this question out to see what an acceptable age range I should be looking to... I am in all aspects of this discussion not the pervert that the majority of you think I am. NO I do not want some brainless chippie on my arm when I go to a church function, or even to a local tavern. Even though you all but a few seem to think I'm the next coming of whatever perv you think I might be, I assure you, I'm not at all like that.. Thank you for giving me your opinion, the majority of which I can chalk up to some very uptight women with their panties in a wad..
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:12:57 PM
I just put this question out to see what an acceptable age range I should be looking to.

So are you trying to tell us that you really do not know what the generally accepted age range is for you or were you really hoping that we would all give you the nod to date women in thier mid to late 40's - which is by the way young enough to be your daughter.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/22/2012 8:18:25 PM
If you are looking for love and to spend the rest of your life with a partner, then stay within your own age group.

This is confusing.
Exactly what is someone's "age group"?
Are you saying that it is only possible for one human to truly " love" another human within a certain narrow age range?

For example, if your age range is 45-52, and you meet someone 52 and 11 months, you can only love them for a month? Or do they get, excuse the phrase, "grandfathered in"?

I'm not so sure love comes to a dead stop at the opposite ends of some arbitrary age range.
 TheSeeker0
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/22/2012 9:02:25 PM
Jan I certainly hope you didn't get anything on you!!!

Men like you make me want to throw up.
Excuse me, while I go and do just that....

This is exactly the response I was not looking for, a polite maybe a few years older or younger would be best for you would be appropriate.. I assure you I'm not looking to see anyone as young as you seem to think I might be...You don't have any idea what, I'm about, or who I am....
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:19:43 AM
Why not leave your profile as it is and see who bites? I would post a full length pic as well to see how fit you are.
You seem to have very nice skin etc but it is really what you have in common that is important. If you have money you can get a younger hotter woman but I would say that mid to late fifties would suit you best perhaps. Women can look really fit and fab these days with diet, clothing and a lift and tuck. I am sure you would like a lovely forty year old, who wouldnt but you have to be realistic.
 L0thari0
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:22:33 AM
For a long time, I wouldn't date anyone that seemed too young. But, women my age kept giving me a cold shoulder while younger ones were practically begging me for it. One day I said screw it, I want to get laid and I've been dating women in their late teens and early 20s ever since.

Don't worry about age. Just talk to anyone you find attractive and let them decide. You may be shocked at who's interested.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:11:19 AM
I assure you I'm not looking to see anyone as young as you seem to think I might be...You don't have any idea what, I'm about, or who I am....

"The lady (OP) doth protest too much, methinks." Hamlet Act 3, scene 2
 Pinky127
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:32:20 AM
Op,you've already "drawn the line" as per your profile where you say you'll go TWENTY YEARS YOUNGER but only THREE YEARS OLDER.

missraven1
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:54:43 AM

I want to get laid and I've been dating women in their late teens and early 20s ever since.

O that must be the geezer fetish I saw mentioned in another thread lol
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:19:47 AM
"To send a message to TheSeeker0 you MUST meet the following criteria:
Age between 50 and 72."

minus 20 is juuuust peachy, but plus 5 is a huge problem. ain't that the shit.

but where should I draw the line???

as your attorney, i advise you to not violate the age limit of statutory rape in the relevant jurisdiction.

abundans cautela non nocet and actori incumbit onus probandi
 rearguard*2
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:26:19 AM

as your attorney, i advise you to not exceed the age limit of statutory rape in the relevant jurisdiction.

"exceed"? I suggest changing attorney.....
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/23/2012 6:33:20 AM

I never had children, how do I determine how long in age I can go without incuring the wrath of fartesses?

Most of we old fartesses don’t give a rat’s derriere about who dates whom. I tend to “get in on the act” when men, or women, post in forums because they seek validation for their actions. I have to admit, though, that my pet peeve is people of both sexes who rationalize their actions by saying, “I don’t look or act my age.” Uh-huh.

I also don't have a daughter / granddaughter in that age range either, I just put this question out to see what an acceptable age range I should be looking to...

“Acceptable”? You are 69 years old and yet you have to be told what is “acceptable” behavior for you? Really.

NO I do not want some brainless chippie on my arm when I go to a church function, or even to a local tavern.

Brainless comes in all ages, eh? Oh, and a lot of young women would not use the word “chippie” or know what it means; they would say “ho.” It’s an age related issue

You don't have any idea what, I'm about, or who I am....

It is apparent that you seek the advice of strangers instead of going with your own thoughts about a matter!

This is confusing.
Exactly what is someone's "age group"?
Are you saying that it is only possible for one human to truly " love" another human within a certain narrow age range?

It isn’t confusing—you are missing the “spend the rest of your life with a partner,” aspect. IF a young woman were to marry Mr. OP (or have a long-term relationship with him), she would be a widow for a very long time. She would NOT have a “rest of her life” partnership—though he would. Yes, she could get hit by a car or get cancer, but the odds lean that he would die long before her. Given the rate of divorce, however, it is practically a moot point.

Oh, OP, dude, I'm an "old perv" and I date younger women, and I don't care (even remotely) what anybody thinks.

There ya go!

I lived with a man the same age as my sons. I never asked strangers, or even friends/family, “Do you think I should do this? Is it acceptable?” I did it.

For a long time, I wouldn't date anyone that seemed too young. But, women my age kept giving me a cold shoulder while younger ones were practically begging me for it. One day I said screw it, I want to get laid and I've been dating women in their late teens and early 20s ever since.

I find it interesting that in another thread, you said that you wanted to date women your age but they wouldn’t respond to you. Then, later in the thread, you said that preferred the feel of young, firm flesh. It seems that you are a bit confused on the issue. Your approach is just great if all a man wants to do is “get laid.” I have the feeling that the OP wants a bit more than that, though I could be wrong—no, wait, he said he didn’t want to be seen with a “chippie.”

As for uptight old women
with their panties in a wad.
, for the record, I am not wearing any at the moment.

OP, IF you had done a thorough thread search, you would have known this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, and people say the same things in each thread. I go off about people claiming to be younger, someone else talks about laying young chicks, and the same people are seemingly offended. Ain’t nuthin’ new under the sun.

justlookingvt
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:00:49 AM

I think the question should have been "How young is too young for a man with $xxxxxx in his bank account". It's so much clearer this way :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How young is too young for a 69 year old man