Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How young is too young for a 69 year old man      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DragonBits
Msg: 51
How young is too young for a 69 year old manPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

OP, IF you had done a thorough thread search, you would have known this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, and people say the same things in each thread. I go off about people claiming to be younger, someone else talks about laying young chicks, and the same people are seemingly offended. Ain’t nuthin’ new under the sun.

It's such a pavlovian response I am sure some threads are created for no other reason than to elicit said response. Such as the thread where the OP thought society had double standards.

I never had children, how do I determine how long in age I can go without incuring the wrath of fartesses?
"Most of we old fartesses don’t give a rat’s derriere about who dates whom. "

Posters so often throw their children into the thread to justify their own hangups it gets old. Since I never had children, I wonder does it apply to me?

The OP IMO was likely asking a real question for some strange reason, and didn't know this was forum nitroglycerin, though why he asked is a mystry to me.

It isn’t confusing—you are missing the “spend the rest of your life with a partner,” aspect. IF a young woman were to marry Mr. OP (or have a long-term relationship with him), she would be a widow for a very long time. She would NOT have a “rest of her life” partnership—though he would. Yes, she could get hit by a car or get cancer, but the odds lean that he would die long before her. Given the rate of divorce, however, it is practically a moot point

I had wanted to post that if I really cared about this issue, better for me to marry someone that is 18, that way when I die she is assured of both a nice nest egg and a long dating life ahead. Barring the more likely divorce choice.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 52
How young is too young for a 69 year old man
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:18:25 AM
. One day I said screw it, I want to get laid and I've been dating women in their late teens and early 20s ever since.

This makes me wonder if you have gone on any double dates with your 20 yr old son at least the girls would have plenty in common. It would be funny if you showed up with an 18 yr old and your son did what seems to be popular these days and showed up with a 50 yr old woman.
 CDMer
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/23/2012 7:25:19 AM

I recall reading about the last surviving widow of a civl war soldier a few years back so I just looked it up. Ain't the internet wonderful? It seems an 81 year old reb vet having a $50/mo. pension married a 21 year old lass who already had a son. Ten months later she had a baby boy. Two months after her elderly husband died she married his grandson! She passed away at age 97 in 2004. What a world!
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:16:37 AM
yes, date a woman your age that neither acts or looks her age...believe me, that is what she wants too.

Having said that 60-75

just don't go off breaking a hip...and I am talking about hers.
 onewayoranuther
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:22:16 AM

This makes me wonder if you have gone on any double dates with your 20 yr old son at least the girls would have plenty in common. It would be funny if you showed up with an 18 yr old and your son did what seems to be popular these days and showed up with a 50 yr old woman.

Ugh...I am so over men who are my age that date girls the same age as their daughters....and there are plenty of them around here. Women in my age range are invisible to most eyes under 55 and and over 35..if they are decent men at all...decent as in their first date (not meet) isn't taking you to grab a half price $1 hamburger.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:02:23 AM

I recall reading about the last surviving widow of a civl war soldier a few years back so I just looked it up. Ain't the internet wonderful? It seems an 81 year old reb vet having a $50/mo. pension married a 21 year old lass who already had a son. Ten months later she had a baby boy. Two months after her elderly husband died she married his grandson! She passed away at age 97 in 2004. What a world!

I saw that, too. They were shunned by the community for a while.
The practice of young women marrying old Civil War veterans became common enough in Arkansas in the 1930's that the state legislature was motivated enough to pass a law banning widows from continuing to receive the pensions. The law was amended 2 years later to apply only to widows born after 1870.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 57
How young is too young for a 69 year
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:35:59 AM

It isn’t confusing—you are missing the “spend the rest of your life with a partner,” aspect.

Actually, I didn't miss anything. I can read. I wasn't addressing that part of it. The tone of her post was that if you seek someone outside of some arbitrary age range, it's never going to be "love", only using each other.
 funnershine
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/23/2012 12:08:42 PM
I think anywhere between 58 and over should be your dating range..
namaste
 flaneur001
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:07:37 PM
LOTHARIO:
For a long time, I wouldn't date anyone that seemed too young. But, women my age kept giving me a cold shoulder while younger ones were practically begging me for it. One day I said screw it, I want to get laid and I've been dating women in their late teens and early 20s ever since.

this is the guy in a previous thread who said that abortion was a form of birth control. sigh!
 DragonBits
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/23/2012 1:30:05 PM

this is the guy in a previous thread who said that abortion was a form of birth control. sigh!

In my misspent middle age, I dated a woman who used abortion was a form of birth control, I was quite appalled. She was up to number something like number 7 when I met her.

It wasn't long after that I got married to my now ex-wife, I couldn't take the extreme lack of morality.
 L0thari0
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/23/2012 2:19:38 PM

^^^ He also lives out of his truck. A real prize, no wonder the late teens go for him - I guess you get what you pay for.

LOL Just can't stop thinking about me can you?
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:29:02 PM
I am also a mature person and I met a much younger and very attractive man and he was interested. However I was suspicious of his motives and felt that he would be after my money sooner or later and would want payment of some kind or another when we had sex. So I forgot him. Was very tempted though. But head has to rule heart.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/23/2012 3:56:14 PM

Actually, I didn't miss anything. I can read. I wasn't addressing that part of it. The tone of her post was that if you seek someone outside of some arbitrary age range, it's never going to be "love", only using each other.

Then I suggest that when you copy and paste, cut the parts that do not apply to your answer.

On Lothario:

^^^ He also lives out of his truck. A real prize, no wonder the late teens go for him - I guess you get what you pay for.

Lothario to the above:

And yet he hasn't made an answer to either of my posts pointing out the apparent disparity in his preferences for women.
 Walts
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:39:35 PM
OP, if you are actually 69 you should know by now that really who give a phuck what others think???? I mean really,at 69 you don't know that??????
 Pinky127
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:48:25 PM

But NOT in a good way,der.......

Op,i personally think that mature aged men who concentrate on women 20+ years younger than themselves simply cant relate to women.Full stop.
So,they gravitate towards younger women to try and disguise this inadequacy of theirs.
Tho' im NOT saying you're like this!
 Sticks70
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 4:58:34 PM
the fact that you mentioned "I'm no Robert Redford" in your profile indicates that you DO act your age. There is nothing wrong with that reference, but you may consider modernizing it if you want to attract much younger women.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/23/2012 5:08:17 PM
I'm no Robert Redford"

Yah I don't think the young girls these days are good ohhhh he's hot now that he is well into old geizerdom ( 76 yrs ) even old Shawn Connery ( the best 007 in my mind ) has lost his luster now that he is practically one foot in the grave ( 82 yrs ). Putting it into perspective if even the old hollywood hearthrobs have lost thier luster past 70 why would young women not think that you are pretty much past it.
 TryAgan
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:50:52 PM

When I had rottweiler(s) a good amount of men asked me to have a meet and greet, then emailed back to cancel because they were afraid of rottweilers.

Maybe, they were afraid of a woman who was not afraid of rottweilers.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/23/2012 11:39:38 PM
I dont understand all the vitriol that the post has attracted. Who does not prefer the younger fitter woman? You are not being a perv. Whether you look your age or not is up to those who meet you, to decide.
Also it depends on how fit you are in the bedroom, whether you can satisfy a younger woman or keep up with her. Men your age are often looking for the nurse/house maid and you wont find you get many responses, so be prepared for that. If you get a hotter looking woman contacting you, beware of scamming.
They could be after your assets.
 L0thari0
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/24/2012 4:48:46 AM

And yet he hasn't made an answer to either of my posts pointing out the apparent disparity in his preferences for women.

I see I'm on another mind as well.

Actually I did comment on that. You must have missed it.

I think it was something like; Chocolate is my favorite, but sometimes I want a lemon drop. After all, verity is the spice of life.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/24/2012 5:52:58 AM

I see I'm on another mind as well.

Actually I did comment on that. You must have missed it.

I think it was something like; Chocolate is my favorite, but sometimes I want a lemon drop. After all, verity is the spice of life.

I must have missed your other answer, but it doesn't address the hypocrisy of your posts--and did you mean to use the word "verity" or did you mean "variety"?

And I KNOW this is off-topic, it is just amusing when people post one thing, forget what they wrote, write something contradictory, then try to cover their derrieres.
 ohenryx
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:08:39 AM

avalon_moon
I would suspect, as has been suggested, that it's best you message who you find attractive/suitable, if their mail settings allow it. If they aren't interested, they'll tell you so.

Yes, I have noticed that women have no problem telling you that you're too old for them. This is directly quoted from a reply I received just yesterday. (Actually from OkCup1d, not here, but same difference.)

And perhaps you have really poor eyesight due to your ancient age and missed the part where I'm not interested in old people.

Laugh it off, keep on keeping on.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:16:45 AM
Yes, well, you must realize that men over 60 are decrepit, impotent, deaf, blind, senile, require constant nursing care and smell bad.

Ooops...I forgot incontinent, obese, broke and addicted to beer and TV.

I am not personally that way, but that is a different story.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:17:32 AM
While that's not nice Mr. Henry, I got you beat by receiving a msg from married man telling me I was an effing c..t..All due to fact I wasn't interested in playing.some don't know how to play respectful in the sandbox. I don't understand why..if someone is not within your age preference you can say so without being harsh.
 L0thari0
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/24/2012 7:23:15 AM

I must have missed your other answer, but it doesn't address the hypocrisy of your posts--and did you mean to use the word "verity" or did you mean "variety"?

And I KNOW this is off-topic, it is just amusing when people post one thing, forget what they wrote, write something contradictory, then try to cover their derrieres.

Yeah, I meant variety. Once again my dyslexia is showing.

I don't think I've been inconsistent, but so what if I have? I'm a complex person.

Gwen, you remind me of kindergarten. I was just doing my thing, having fun and some little girl wanted my attention. Not knowing anything else to do, she poured sand down my back.

You follow me around, you quote me and try to pick fights. You pick on every little mistake or typo. You remember everything I say in every post. Obviously you're attracted to me. I know, you're trying so hard to hide it. But, it's just so painfully clear. It's alright though, there's no need for you to lie. We're al friends here. But, you're just not my type. Now, I know it hurts to read that, but I have to be clear and firm. I don't want to lead you on and break your heart. You'll just have to try and forget about me. In time I'm sure you'll agree, it's really better this way.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How young is too young for a 69 year old man