Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How young is too young for a 69 year old man      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 98
How young is too young for a 69 year old manPage 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Gwen, don't answer him (see above), lol... seriously....
He'll just want to fight with you all the time...

Thanks for the advice!

He mentioned Kindergarten and I was a substitute teacher for seven years. There were little boys in elementary school who were desperate for attention. If they couldn't get positive attention, then they went for negative attention. Hmm . . .

And as for fighting, there is really no fighting with unarmed people!

Oh, I think Gwen has conquered another heart....She should try to let him down easily. Its a lonely life on the road and those 20 somethings at the truck stops are easy to date for a guy with a big truck, but let's face it, "meaningful" does not describe the relationships.......

Actually, I am beginning to believe Lothario's profile, and that he is making all this stuff up just to have fun on the net.....including his profile.......

You haven't talked to him in emails--and I ceased doing so.

I don't know what a man my age is supposed to act like.

None of us do, but unlike the OP, not all of us are trying to find out by getting approbation from strangers.

It seems from reading the forum, I am out of sync with my generation,

For all of my life, I have been out of sync with everyone. When I tried to pour myself into a mold, it made me unhappy and obese. However, at this stage in my life, I have found my niche: being who I am. People who feel the need to advertise that they date younger people, those who seek advice about the things that they want to do but fear censure . . . if that is who they "are," I feel a bit of pity for them.

But not enough pity to refrain from posting on POF.
 sexysunfish68
Msg: 99
How young is too young for a 69 year old man
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:30:25 PM
All those pics with your daughter dont count Lothario, or the local barmaid whatever.
 ventti
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:36:22 PM
^^They're really old pics of yes, you guessed it, local barmaids. I was here years ago (maybe seven?) and he had those pics up.
 Fleuron
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:50:34 PM
A more appropriate username for “Lothario” at this point might be,“Eunuch.”
 Pinky127
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/24/2012 10:53:01 PM

^^They're really old pics of yes, you guessed it, local barmaids. I was here years ago (maybe seven?) and he had those pics up.

It must make the 'scoundrel' *wink* feel better about himself.
*shrug*
 L0thari0
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:36:26 AM
Yes, my old profile handle was ~Scoundrel~ (in case anyone wants to search the post history for my greatest hits). It's nice to be remembered. I deleted that profile when I became exclusive with a young lady and we had a son together. That's her in my new main pic (I wanted to ask her before I posted it). But it didn't work out. She and I still hook up from time to time, but our relationship has changed.

And yes, the other pics are a few years old. None of those young ladies minded me posting pics with them, so I put them back up.

For those that really don't like me, be happy. On Monday I'll be moving back into the road truck and likely won't be able to post as often. For those interested, I've been asked to start a blog about my experiences living on the road. Link will be available on request.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:48:48 AM
^^^You put those pics up to provoke the women in these forums.

You follow me around,

Since I posted first on this thread, it appears that you followed me.

I realize that Lothario is a troll, but his posts are demeaning and degrading to women. It doesn't matter what his purpose is in posting: his attitude shows through.
 L0thari0
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:22:37 AM
Nonsense. I never quote anyone until after they quote me. I read a topic, I post my thoughts. If I'm not quoted that would be the end. The opinions I give are my views on the subjects. You are free to disagree.

When I am quoted, I do my best to explain further.

However, if you think I'm a troll, the best way to deal with me would be to simply ignore me. Why don't you give that a try?

But, I'll bet you can't.

EDIT

I posted the pics to show the type of women I usually date. Do they provoke you? Strange how I'm able to have such a strong effect on "the women." I really don't understand why anyone would give it a second thought.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:38:23 AM
the ick factor is subjective. i can say ick now, but to be perfectly honest when i was in my mid- to late 20s and 30s i definitely saw older men as more attractive and a whole lot more interesting than the men closer to my age. now that i've finally caught up with those good-looking old farts, i don't need and older man! but when i am 70 i will need a 50-something boytoy. *scream*

now when i was young, 20 years older than me was a hell of a stretch for me personally, i was looking at more like +10 to +12, but whatever! would i advise my daughters against getting involved with a man 20 years older than themselves... sure i would because i'd wonder about their judgment, but it's their decision and they would be the ones living with it, not me.

it sure doesn't seem to me that the young uns cuddling up to l0thari0 are experiencing anything like ick. is he bragging? do their mothers know where they are? do they care? could they do anything about it if they did? do we think he demeans women when no one is looking? yes he has 10 of them tied up like chord wood in the back of the truck, i am sure of it. i don't see l0thari0 as anything more or less than some old guy who happens to get on really well with the young ladies for some reason (it must be that devilish smile) and isn't shy about letting the world know. if it rattles a few cages, so much the better. i mean what the hell, what kind of guy who calls himself "l0thari0" and "scoundrel" isn't going to be doing some peacocking i mean really? provocative? nah.... they're both getting something they wanted out of the deal or they wouldn't look like they were having so much fun together.

whatever. although i have my own opinions about huge age differences, i'd never begrudge two adults enjoying each other's company.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/25/2012 8:52:33 AM
I wouldn't focus so much on age as in finding a woman who is retired---like yourself. From my own personal experience, I have found that as woman that still works, my lifestyle was not compatible with that of a retiree in terms of available free time.
 DragonBits
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/25/2012 10:05:38 AM
I looked for Scoundrel and couldn't find a user, maybe post a link to your old POF posts? Links to PoF are acceptable.

But it seems like same ole same ole to me, and I am still a newbie here.

The Scoundrel posts pics, MrsPollifax retaliates, they argue for a while, then change their ID to new ones. Both are predictable, as are some other posters.

I know PoF doesn't pay people to entertain the crowd, but that would make sense if that happens.

Many men posts pics of the woman they have slept with on a few Thai sites designed for this purpose, chat about who are the best woman, how they perform, etc, etc, I have seen hundreds, some of the men are past 1000 woman, and the pics are much more interesting.

So while it does get the certain woman upset, for me it's hard to get impressed with a few pics from the Scoundrel, and most of the pics look like out of a bar.
 TheSeeker0
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/25/2012 11:41:05 AM
I tend to date around my own age group , having similar interests , life experiences all plays a part. I am 50 and I would not want to date a 69 year old guy, 3 years younger than my own father. I will say though, each to their own what works for one person won't work for the next .

This is the type answer I was looking for, not so much being a diatribe about being an old geezer perv.....

Ty so much for an honest reply Melymorg
 ohenryx
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2012 12:53:21 PM

jan1025
Women depressed over not having sex? Really, I don't believe that women get depressed over not having sex, I don't think so....

I do believe that you were the first person to use the word “depressed”. Neither that word, nor any synonym of that word, appear in my post. I did use the word “boring”, but “boring” is a long, long way removed from “depressed”. Wait one, I just found the word “depressed” in a post by rearguard*2. You really need to learn how to quote so that we can tell who and what you’re referring to.

Look up what the medical institutions say about how often the human body and mind medically; health wise is a normal sex drive. Other than that, it's considered "excessive" or a form of mental illness.

I’m sorry, I am completely unable to fathom the above 2 sentences. I think you left out something, a vital part of what you wanted to say?
 DragonBits
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:26:05 PM

Look up what the medical institutions say about how often the human body and mind medically; health wise is a normal sex drive. Other than that, it's considered "excessive" or a form of mental illness.

I’m sorry, I am completely unable to fathom the above 2 sentences. I think you left out something, a vital part of what you wanted to say?

I was also wondering what a normal sex drive was, and more importantly, if my Doc says I don't get enough, can he write me a prescription, and will medicare cover it?
 L0thari0
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:49:34 PM

I think it's the "ick" factor of a 50 year old dude with a 20 year old girl. And I mean girl. And it's nice that you're hanging around helping with your son...I'm sure long distance trucking makes you readily available every day as a wonderful father figure. In fact, you're probably a good father figure to the gal and your son. (this said sarcastically).

But, in case you think I'm picking on you, I think there is a big "ick" factor to the fact that my brother, in his 50's, married a gal from Manila who is 27. Ick. Sort of has pervert written all over it. The thing is, my brother, and though I find him intelligent beyond means, but his social skills are immature. He couldn't handle a woman his own age, she's too mature for him and they were put off by his lack of social graces. I'm thinking the same applies to this particular poster - women his age are turned off by him so he seeks younger.

As for the OP, I suggest you stay within your age group, give or take 5 or 7 years. To me, you look your age, certainly not a damn year younger and you're too old for me by far. I like guys my own age-ish, give or take 5 to 7 years. I find we have more in common, plus the fact that guys in their mid to late 50's are hot.

Why do you care who I date? What's it to do with you? Why should I go to the trouble of trying to "handle" a woman my age? Your brother has found a woman that he's happy with and instead of being happy for him, you think it's "ick?"

The rest of your post is just mean. I'm doing what I must do to provide for my son financially. He's not yet two years old. I'll have plenty of time for a relationship with him.
 ventti
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/25/2012 1:58:18 PM
^^You said your then-19-year-old girlfriend's parents were quite okay with her having a 48-year-old partner. How do they feel now, two years later, when she's 21 and a single mother? Are they still so enamoured with you? Especially as you now describe the relationship as an occasional hook-up and your parenting role as something that can begin in the future?
 L0thari0
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:00:15 PM
I looked for Scoundrel and couldn't find a user, maybe post a link to your old POF posts? Links to PoF are acceptable.

Not Scoundrel, but ~Scoundrel~.

Am I really so interesting that you want to dig through my post history? Do you just just have nothing better to do? I don't get it, but here you go.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/search.aspx

I had a lot of fun in this thread.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8335561.aspx
 L0thari0
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:10:14 PM

^^You said your then-19-year-old girlfriend's parents were quite okay with her having a 48-year-old partner. How do they feel now, when she's 21 and a single mother? Are they still so enamoured with you? Especially as you now describe the relationship as an occasional hook-up and your parenting role as something that can begin in the future?

I don't think I ever said her folks were okay with it. I said her grandmother liked me a lot. Her mom has tried all kinds of head games to break us up. So, I'd guess she's happy to seethe back of me.
 L0thari0
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:17:55 PM

the ick factor is subjective. i can say ick now, but to be perfectly honest when i was in my mid- to late 20s and 30s i definitely saw older men as more attractive and a whole lot more interesting than the men closer to my age. now that i've finally caught up with those good-looking old farts, i don't need and older man! but when i am 70 i will need a 50-something boytoy. *scream*

now when i was young, 20 years older than me was a hell of a stretch for me personally, i was looking at more like +10 to +12, but whatever! would i advise my daughters against getting involved with a man 20 years older than themselves... sure i would because i'd wonder about their judgment, but it's their decision and they would be the ones living with it, not me.

it sure doesn't seem to me that the young uns cuddling up to l0thari0 are experiencing anything like ick. is he bragging? do their mothers know where they are? do they care? could they do anything about it if they did? do we think he demeans women when no one is looking? yes he has 10 of them tied up like chord wood in the back of the truck, i am sure of it. i don't see l0thari0 as anything more or less than some old guy who happens to get on really well with the young ladies for some reason (it must be that devilish smile) and isn't shy about letting the world know. if it rattles a few cages, so much the better. i mean what the hell, what kind of guy who calls himself "l0thari0" and "scoundrel" isn't going to be doing some peacocking i mean really? provocative? nah.... they're both getting something they wanted out of the deal or they wouldn't look like they were having so much fun together.

whatever. although i have my own opinions about huge age differences, i'd never begrudge two adults enjoying each other's company.

Thanks.
 DragonBits
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/25/2012 2:43:35 PM

Am I really so interesting that you want to dig through my post history?

I do have a lot of curiosity, you lead an alternative lifestyle. The profile you put up at first had pics that looked a lot younger. Now the pic with your wife (or GF ?) you look older. That has to be a while ago.

I was wondering where the truth was.

When I was younger and more curious, I would ask how you ended up living in a truck, but don't bother answering. I once met a guy in WashDC that lived in a office in a brownstone without a bathroom, you remind me a little of him. He ended up there because his French born wife took him for a magic carpet ride, did a bang up job of stabbing him in the financial back, and one has to admire artistry, the French as so good at it. I think the German occupation has something to do with their skill set.

It really doesn't matter, but since you offered the info I accepted, you miss spelled your own nick, so I thought it easier to just ask if you had a link.

Thanks, it didn't take a lot of time out of the rest of my day. Have a good time with the trucking.
 L0thari0
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/25/2012 3:30:05 PM
The pic of me in the pink striped shirt is the night I met her. So, that pic is a little over two years old. There's another pic of the two of us, I'm wearing a suede jacket. That was our son's first birthday party taken last Spring.
 DragonBits
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/25/2012 3:43:33 PM
congrats on being there for your son's birthday.

I don't care about age differences, I would date anyone at any age that I was attracted to. I wouldn't likely get married to someone under the age ~28. No doubt in my mind I could have had I wanted to.

ciao
 urgal2416
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/25/2012 5:38:51 PM
Hi in my opinion 10 years either way is fine. 5 years either way is perfect. but up to 10. no problem. As far as LOthariO is concerned.... I think he is one of those guys (or gal) that like to come off as an a$$hole, but is actually I nice guy under all the crap once you get to know him.
 curtainlady
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/25/2012 6:13:33 PM
I have been in a relationship with a guy who is 73, and I am 54. He has a daughter who is 54. In some ways, he is a wonderful lover and our chemistry erased all age differences. On the negative side, which eventually won out, is that he is long retired and I work full time. It started to bother me that he sat around waiting for me to get home from work, so we could "hang out" together. I have a busy life, a kid still at home, and chores to do. My life became out of balance, trying to do both. In the end, he needs someone retired who can give him the time.
 DragonBits
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/25/2012 7:49:12 PM

I have been in a relationship with a guy who is 73, and I am 54. He has a daughter who is 54. In some ways, he is a wonderful lover and our chemistry erased all age differences. On the negative side, which eventually won out, is that he is long retired and I work full time. It started to bother me that he sat around waiting for me to get home from work, so we could "hang out" together. I have a busy life, a kid still at home, and chores to do. My life became out of balance, trying to do both. In the end, he needs someone retired who can give him the time.

Did he feel the same way?

I would think he could have helped watch your kid. If it was me, I don't think I really like someone around 24 hours a day forever. Can't say for sure, but normally I don't like it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > How young is too young for a 69 year old man