Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women, would you date a guy who is impotent?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 basilisk123
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Women, would you date a guy who is impotent?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^^^Toys is always an option. ****rings can restrict blood flow to the point he stays hard once it's achieved. (I think. I never used one). Also if that doesn't help, you can warm up toys to body temperature and have him use it on you.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Women, would you date a guy who is impotent?
Posted: 7/31/2017 5:49:52 AM
Noxema
what you described: becoming erect but then unable to maintain it
is a very common event for men in their forties
or so the doctor told us
a few years back
when I dragged my now ex husband into the doctor's office

and there are meds you take all the time
and ones you take that only last a few hours

there are options..
if a man is making excuses instead of a doctor appt? he does not really
want to do anything about this
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2017 8:55:54 AM

I'm not "100% fulfilled" by oral, never even implied that. I like giving oral but not receiving.

Even more interesting, considering you don't like penetration either -- but you're Only into anal, yet, for a guy, that's the hardest to follow-thru on when you have any erectile issues -- which your guy has. Are you at all attracted to women (in that way)?

Anyway, I like giving oral -- but it in no way gets me off. It will keep me in the sexual mood (but dies down after it's established as a long session)... I heard some gals get off on giving huge (usually playing with themselves while doing it)... is that you? Also -- you don't like oral, but do you like playing with yourself or having a guy do that? Or has that by guys in practice, like oral, not given positive sexual results, thus, not liking it?

He blames it on lack of sensitivity due to condom usage.

That can be a main culprit. And for those who aren't condom fans when the rubber-meats-the-road, they won't know which condoms suit them best.

This is the 2nd man in his 40s who's blamed the condom on why he can't perform/stay hard, etc.

Condoms are for sailors, baby! ;) [Austin Powers].

If you don't like receiving, I guess one question is how wet you are. Some gals think they're really wet when they're not so much. They'll take being moist + horny = really wet. Some condoms can be too tight or just not fitting right. You should have fun trying out different condoms, while also going into lube for yourself too -- to make yourself Very lubricated / wet. Start with penetration as your first "victory". Have fun doing all this, take the pressure off him, because guys can get nervous where they can't help it so much. And also, he could take some L-Arginine and other natural supplements that Do help keep himself harder longer .... and basically tell him not to jerk off a day or so before you two get down. Doing all this will Surely help it, but you have to Want to do all that and project Enjoying taking that route.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/31/2017 4:34:25 PM
No, I am not attracted to women in that way. When I say I enjoy giving oral, I am referring to sucking****and swallowing cum, not eating ****. The mere thought of going down on a woman is off-putting.

Anyway, if the condom is the culprit that is too bad. I've had sex with men with condoms I provided and they still had orgasms. Using the condom as an excuse sounds like bullshit to me, like they just want to go raw. Most condoms burn me so there are only a specific few I can use, which is why I always bring my own. I'm not going to experiment with different ones.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just a casual thing. I don't feel as obligated to be patient and understanding with his issues as I would an actual boyfriend or husband.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2017 5:11:16 PM

When I say I enjoy giving oral, I am referring to sucking****and swallowing cum, not eating ****. The mere thought of going down on a woman is off-putting.

I wasn't implying any connection to that. It was a separate question whether you liked gals, putting together the fact that you're not into receiving oral sex from a guy or intercourse with a guy.

Anyway, if the condom is the culprit that is too bad. I've had sex with men with condoms I provided and they still had orgasms.

Condoms fit differently, though. Trust me. I've put some on that SUCK horribly when I didn't have my trusty brand, especially when drinking a decent amount. It can Definitely make the difference to a guy who has erectile issues -- don't over-look it. That's why getting different kinds (like a pack of all different kinds) can be a fun way to deal with stuff. Of course, the options are limited due to what you point out... but get different ones within that range.

I don't feel as obligated to be patient and understanding with his issues as I would an actual boyfriend or husband.

Well you rode it out with him dry-humping you and him cumming... so I dunno. I assume you'd find it weird to play the "let's try these out" of the types of condoms you roll well with along with lube. If you didn't want to go fun condom shopping and application with him -- you could do the lube thing. All this really isn't rocket science or the biggest hassle in practice. But yeah, if you aren't wanting to do things "outside the box" of your comfort zone since it's casual at this point, then it sounds like a guy with erectile issues isn't going to work for ya.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/1/2017 12:39:35 PM
Certain lubes give me BV. I just stick with the basic KY. No tingling, no warming, no bells and whistles. Lol, reading over these posts I may have just as many issues as he does, hahaha. Anyway, I'm not quick to throw in the towel just yet. I enjoy his company (outside the bedroom) and he keeps asking me out. He invited me to spend the weekend in Canada but I had to work. My good male friend told me, "It wouldn't make sense for him to cut you off if he has the erectile issues." LOL
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2017 11:13:12 PM

I just stick with the basic KY.

Yeah, I wasn't implying to whip out the bells & whistles. Just lube to ensure it's ready-to-go. But when you go down on him and stuff -- he doesn't end up getting hard (even with a little extra time)? I figure if you lubed and put on a condom at the same time you were finishing up going down on him, it'd be swiftly moving from one thing to another, to not give him time to limp up (not a "hold on.. let me find the condom... dum dee dum dum dum..... where is it, OH, here it is... let me unwrap it.. uggh, my hands are wet from the lube... oh, here we go... nope... okay Now I got it. Hey, you're kinda limp!"). Best to have it on ready-five, and opened when getting in position for the foreplay. Plus, making him relaxed is real key.

"It wouldn't make sense for him to cut you off if he has the erectile issues."

No, he's not going to. He should want to prove himself to ya, that's what I'd be focused on. But just like him being relaxed (which can have a bigger effect than people give credit for), it'd be a good idea for you to relax too about the situation and just have fun with it (we can read when a gal's frustrated; affects on the chances of erect).
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/2/2017 11:38:53 AM

But when you go down on him and stuff -- he doesn't end up getting hard (even with a little extra time)? I figure if you lubed and put on a condom at the same time you were finishing up going down on him, it'd be swiftly moving from one thing to another, to not give him time to limp up (not a "hold on.. let me find the condom... dum dee dum dum dum..... where is it, OH, here it is... let me unwrap it.. uggh, my hands are wet from the lube... oh, here we go... nope... okay Now I got it. Hey, you're kinda limp!").

Hahahaha...when I go down on him he is hard but as soon as the condom came on, there were issues. I suggested dropping a few drops of lube in the condom before putting it on but that didn't work. The condoms I've brought over contained spermicide..idk if that has something to do with it. The best condoms I've ever used were Bareskin by Trojan. Even men who HATED wearing condoms had positive reviews on those.

Last night I saw him. I brought over my plug, anal lube and we had anal. It was great! No issues.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/2/2017 11:48:08 AM
"The best condoms I've ever used were Bareskin by Trojan. Even men who HATED wearing condoms had positive reviews on those. "

Wait....you mean you have an actual WEB PAGE for guys to write reviews ?????
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2017 1:26:28 PM

Hahahaha...when I go down on him he is hard but as soon as the condom came on, there were issues.

Well, the devil's in the details on this. So he gets hard just fine going down on him... but at what point does Mr Happy start frowning? Is there a delay to get it then put it on, get situated to do it, but by the time he's about to "open sesame" he's already half-limp by then-- or is it hard right after you put it on, but just goes limp once it goes in? The latter would indicate that that the feeling just isn't there with it. Condoms fit d!cks differently. Sometimes they can be too tight on ones that get good reviews (if so, go for a Trojan Magnum, they're the best IMO).

Now, if you're going for straight anal (not vaginal) off the bat -- that can definitely be tougher for guys who will start going limp faster than others. That's why I noted to go vaginal first for a little while, then anal, if that's the case.

I brought over my plug, anal lube and we had anal. It was great! No issues.

Oh cool. So he had anal sex with you, so in that case his hardness "held up" then, right (dunno what the plug is for)?
 basilisk123
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 2:28:57 PM
^^^ I think it is for "setting up the scene", I think
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:02:53 PM

Wait....you mean you have an actual WEB PAGE for guys to write reviews ?????

No, I'm referring to what past partners have told me after using said condoms. There are already reviews for the Bareskin condoms online.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/3/2017 4:05:24 PM
^^^^

I was being facetious

Still, it might make a good SNL sketch
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/3/2017 6:23:00 PM

(dunno what the plug is for)?

For preparation of his c0ck. It'd been over 2 years since I had anal and I was determined to make the experience pleasurable thus the specific anal lube & butt-plug. I have 2 but brought the one I have used before. The other one is still its box and it's the larger of the two.
 basilisk123
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2017 9:41:10 PM
"For preparation of his c0ck. It'd been over 2 years since I had anal and I was determined to make the experience pleasurable thus the specific anal lube & butt-plug. I have 2 but brought the one I have used before. The other one is still its box and it's the larger of the two. "-NoxzemaWA

You are a champ! <3
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/6/2017 9:40:06 AM

95% of the time it was me pleasuring him for 3 or 4 hours

What are you doing next weekend? Want to get together and discuss "Birdtalk" magazine articles?
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2017 6:16:02 PM
I would and have, my late spouse could not keep it up, but was always willing to please me any way he could.
In two relationships after in the years that followed it was because of medical issues. It bothered them more than me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/8/2017 8:55:32 PM
gosh darn, you dudes got a woman who looks like a wolf without 3 d glasses to talk about sex, and now she's gone. i guess that's what happens to women who talk about the sex they're having.

meanwhile, I've dated women i wasn't physically attracted to, b/c they had great personality. So, it was like being "important", and they were willing to stick about b/c i'm a smart linguist. everyone likes, what they like.
 siisaa
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/10/2017 12:37:45 PM

gosh darn, you dudes got a woman who looks like a wolf without 3 d glasses to talk about sex, and now she's gone. i guess that's what happens to women who talk about the sex they're having.

^^^ No worries, I'm back! Eh, we're still having issues and I don't want to be relegated to anal sex all the time. Anal is fun but I want variety. I need to begin distancing myself from dude. WOMP....Womp....womp
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2018 3:05:47 PM
I do date a man, and we both really enjoyed each other company. He is on too many meds and astrological not sexually compatible with me. We enjoyed each others company for what it is. I still looking for a man who I am completely compatible with.
 ohenryx
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2018 4:42:01 PM

TexasChick
I would and have, my late spouse could not keep it up, but was always willing to please me any way he could.
In two relationships after in the years that followed it was because of medical issues. It bothered them more than me.

I was having a conversation with a woman around my age, not someone I’m dating or going to date, and this subject came up. She said something like, “The last 3 men I dated couldn’t manage one erection between them.”

I thought it was funny and laughed, but she got a little miffed. I guess from her point of view, it wasn’t very funny.

gtomustang
meanwhile, I've dated women i wasn't physically attracted to, b/c they had great personality. So, it was like being "important", and they were willing to stick about b/c i'm a smart linguist. everyone likes, what they like.

I can’t say that I’ve ever had that experience. I have been around women, just hanging out, that I flat out didn’t want to get physical. Various reasons, mostly centered around appearance, but just no. I can’t remember a single instance where I was will willing to practice my linguistic skills but not go “all the way”.

Now when the shoe is on the other foot, that is not so uncommon for women to make that differentiation. “This much, and no more.”

siisaa
No worries, I'm back! Eh, we're still having issues and I don't want to be relegated to anal sex all the time. Anal is fun but I want variety. I need to begin distancing myself from dude. WOMP....Womp....womp

Interesting. A while back I dated a woman for a few months. I rather liked her, and wanted to continue, but…

When we were approaching intimacy, but not yet there, she talked about her last boy friend. The guy was older than me, and had definite ED problems. He did have “great linguistic skills”, never failed to get her off, but she missed “the real deal”. So we become intimate, life is good, we bounce along for a couple of months. One day she tells me that ex-bf has called her, she’s going to see him. I take a wait and watch attitude, the next thing you know she’s back with him, and I’m out in the cold. My skills in that one area apparently weren’t up to his, and that trumped a working d___.

Cat*Eyes
astrological not sexually compatible with me.

WTF? I am speechless. NG, take over, please, you’re never at a loss for words.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/9/2018 10:09:29 PM

I do date a man, and we both really enjoyed each other company. He is on too many meds and astrological not sexually compatible with me. We enjoyed each others company for what it is. I still looking for a man who I am completely compatible with.

Holy shit. I remember you. You're hard to forget.

No oral? With those lips of yours, that's heartbreaking. Astrological match?? Come on. If there were any validity to that crap, one wouldn't have to bother instilling values in their children. Their characteristics/personalities/morals would already be set in place. But we all know that's not true.

But damn, them lips, though..
 CuteSheCat
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2018 11:13:31 AM
Absolutely. I don't need all that other stuff. Presents, I like presents! lol

If you are with someone impotent you "should" realize that person is with you because they want to be and not because of what you can do for them sexually. I find that a very pleasant thought.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2018 6:54:38 PM
texaschick

I wonder why you were attracting impotent men? Most women would have moved on...
 siisaa
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/11/2018 11:42:20 AM

Interesting. A while back I dated a woman for a few months. I rather liked her, and wanted to continue, but…

When we were approaching intimacy, but not yet there, she talked about her last boy friend. The guy was older than me, and had definite ED problems. He did have “great linguistic skills”, never failed to get her off, but she missed “the real deal”. So we become intimate, life is good, we bounce along for a couple of months. One day she tells me that ex-bf has called her, she’s going to see him. I take a wait and watch attitude, the next thing you know she’s back with him, and I’m out in the cold. My skills in that one area apparently weren’t up to his, and that trumped a working d___.

Not surprising. Sounds like she had a lot more history and investment in ED ex. Most women don't get off via penetration anyway so a working d___ is important but obviously not the be-all to end-all.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women, would you date a guy who is impotent?