Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Where are all of the travelers!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zunflower
Msg: 26
Where are all of the travelers!?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I used to travel a lot; and I'll be going back to that lifestyle in a couple of years. Just trying to figure out location independent living. :) I feel quite envious. :)
 ktmeow
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Where are all of the travelers!?
Posted: 2/1/2013 2:32:48 PM
i had travelled and planned to travel more this year.. except i have to work hard to pay for it..:)
 greynomad2001
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/4/2013 11:23:58 PM
hey here i am in australia and i cant find anyone who wants to travel australia their own country with almost everything that other countrys have and more if interested contact me on pof or ring 0414350247 regards james
 Just___Jim
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:08:42 PM
An old Brit here been to NYC 3 times, LA, San Francisco, love America, any tips on doing it on the cheap?

I travel[fly] to the UK every year,and have to pay in US dollars a extra $500.00 tax in visiting there! Now is there a way to get around that tax when visiting on holiday?

And since one pound cost $1.60 in US dollars or so last time I checked, I say your doing real good on cheap travel here.

cheerio........
 chaiselounge
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/8/2013 8:38:43 AM
I also have a passion for traveliing. I have traveled around the world on my own but i would like to have company for my next trip. I just returned from Jamacia I was there for seven months. I am not the all inclusive type even though it has great value if you want a quick get away. I would also like to find some site for single travelers.
thanks
 Life_Is_Better
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/8/2013 9:41:46 AM
I like to travel. That said, due to lack of anyone to travel with (I do not think it prudent to travel all by oneself - it is good to have a companion and in case of emergency, an advocate), I do a lot of my travel in my arm-chair. Thank goodness for the internet.

A good friend recently moved to the Philippines and married a gal there. I have checked out that country and it would be a neat place to visit, and even live. It's a big, big world. We're lucky to be living in these times.
 ashleyw1342
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/13/2013 10:01:46 PM
I love to travel...although I can't do much of that at the moment with being in school, need to focus on saving money.

So far I've been to....
BC, Alberta, PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, California(San Fran to LA), Las Vegas x2, Yellowstone National Park(and all the states surrounding it), Mayan Riviera x2, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia, Austria.
 Albvs
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/26/2013 8:01:01 PM
Long-time traveler. Lots and lots of stories to tell. :)
 ManhHeartLove
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/28/2013 3:55:02 PM
yes to travel to feel to enjoy
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/2/2013 12:18:39 PM
Lived in Japan for a couple of years; road-tripped all over the US; Mexico; Belize; Philippines; Ireland; Germany; Kuwait; Iraq; Kyrgyzstan; Afghanistan; Kenya; Djibouti; Somalia; ....,.....,.......,

Planning on going to Odessa, or Hull, England this Autumn.
 LIGoodFish
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/3/2013 4:52:09 PM
Love to travel.. looking at going to Egypt in a couple of weeks
 gymldy2267
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/16/2013 3:54:52 AM
I just came back yesterday from the Carribean/Bahams. Been there a few times and I'd have to say St. Thomas or Atlantis resort in Nassau
 Just___Jim
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/16/2013 6:36:24 AM
what it is so wonderful..about the Caribbean islands?

There is no 'bull fighting' there! lol

There is over a hundred islands in the West Indies and if you like exploring the fora and fauna,snorkeling,sailing etc they have it all. As I find the big hotels a turn-off and prefer a small cottages near the water instead.

And I just got back from St. Thomas V.I. for sentimental reasons as I went to school there many moons ago..[Peace Corps School] The harbor and bays are still as beautiful as ever, turquoise blue....
 carpeter
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2013 12:53:11 PM
50+countries and counting...as long as the # of countries out paces your years, you're doing something right:)
 Manila_Jeepney
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2013 3:23:10 AM
WOW! Now I know why nobody answers my quest for a Travel Buddy. As of today, April 10, 2013, within six weeks of joining POF, out of 576 views and 96 contacts only two fishermen said they will go with me. The first one wanted to meet with me same day he sent a message and the other logs out when I log in. Please check my profile if you're still around, we'll talk.
 PalHal4U
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/10/2013 6:33:25 PM
It would be nice if someone like you lived in my neighborhood. Most women seem to expect you to be able to travel at my age. I am not rich, but it seems expected when you retire. It shouldn't be.
 sharongirl1498
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/12/2013 8:18:54 AM

I just came back yesterday from the Carribean/Bahams. Been there a few times and I'd have to say St. Thomas or Atlantis resort in Nassau

Hey I am cruising there in June. I can't wait! I was thinking about doing the Atlantis resort excursion. Is it worth it?
 Aura1shine
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/14/2013 6:40:49 AM
Love to travel but being a mom is sometime have to prioritize the important of living life. Once, they are stand alone and stable........ WORLD here I am!
 dobbie101
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2013 8:48:36 AM
Where are all the travellers?
They are somewhere else...gone picking apples in England, grapes in France, Kiwifruit in New Zealand. Where are all the tourists? Plenty of them sitting in coffee shops. Just looking rather than experiencing a new modality.
Travelling is an adventure, a walk into and through different lives, that have to be experienced. Tourists don't experience a new culture they just take their balls and chains from point to point. Oh hell.
If you are going to go somewhere, then give it everything that you have... don't just sit passively, picking your nose.
 cesska
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2013 10:19:13 PM
I traveled more than I wanted to when I was young
so now I am happiest at home
who could afford to travel anyway
you don't learn a new culture unless you live there
see the world in 8 days don't cut it
anyway people are the same all over
 blueeyes2320
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2014 9:55:31 AM
I don't know but it sure sounds good to me . I have been wonting to take a trip there . but don't wont to go alone.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/23/2014 3:18:04 PM

ever hear of couch surfing?

I tried that once, but the couch just sank and I got a ticket for littering the beach.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/6/2014 4:29:30 PM
Stay away from Texas right now -I can't even go out into the yard for long -and I love the heat! Combination of heat, humidity and allergens is making it pretty miserable.
 Rocket-ship
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/10/2014 6:12:03 PM
I live in Canada... And definitely want to travel to other area's in the world.

And learn about myself on the journey.. I do have to get a passport though and more money to travel anywhere decent, and that is interesting and educational...
 Mentisnow
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/13/2014 9:23:45 PM
I have traveled a great part of Western Europe, not all the countries as of yet, definitely working my way to it though.

Last year was my first solo trip overseas. I had a great time walking everywhere in London, I only used the underground twice, one to get to the guest house from the Heathrow Airport. The other to get back to the airport. The four days I spent in London, I ate in little neighborhood restaurants. Got to take pictures of non tourist places, and got to meet nice people.

In Zagreb, again I stayed at a place where they rented rooms (very cheap and clean) there I had to take the tram as the city was a bit far. Still I walked the upper town, and the lower town plus everywhere else in Zagreb.

From there I took the train to Ljubljana, I only stayed there two nights as the town is not that big. There I made some special friends. Women beware as men there at not shy at letting you know they like you. If you so much as stutter they will try to convince you to accept going on a date the same day!

In Budapest I rented an apartment for a week for a whole 165 Euros (210 USD) the food was awesome! And so cheap, I believe that's where I ate the most. The city is beautiful, though you must be willing to walk, and I mean walk. There's plenty of taxis but if you don't get an agreed price they will take your money. I did not have a problem since I had read before I traveled there, I also got info from their official tourism online page. Overall a great experience.

From Budapest I traveled to Vienna by train about 2:20 hours trip. I stayed there two days. From there to Salzburg where I spent another two days. Then on to Munich for three days. I stayed at hostels on my last trips, inexpensive, clean, and easy to book.

Then back home.

Next year I will be taking my mother and a group of ten people from where I live to Dublin, to a great tour of Italy. I'm working on the itinerary according to two cities each person really wants to see.

I did all of that on five grand. So it was not that expensive as I bought souvenirs, and paid cash for my hostels/guest houses, plus food.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Where are all of the travelers!?