Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Where are all of the travelers!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dobbie101
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Where are all of the travelers!?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Where are all the travellers?
They are somewhere else...gone picking apples in England, grapes in France, Kiwifruit in New Zealand. Where are all the tourists? Plenty of them sitting in coffee shops. Just looking rather than experiencing a new modality.
Travelling is an adventure, a walk into and through different lives, that have to be experienced. Tourists don't experience a new culture they just take their balls and chains from point to point. Oh hell.
If you are going to go somewhere, then give it everything that you have... don't just sit passively, picking your nose.
 cesska
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Where are all of the travelers!?
Posted: 5/25/2013 10:19:13 PM
I traveled more than I wanted to when I was young
so now I am happiest at home
who could afford to travel anyway
you don't learn a new culture unless you live there
see the world in 8 days don't cut it
anyway people are the same all over
 blueeyes2320
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2014 9:55:31 AM
I don't know but it sure sounds good to me . I have been wonting to take a trip there . but don't wont to go alone.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/23/2014 3:18:04 PM

ever hear of couch surfing?

I tried that once, but the couch just sank and I got a ticket for littering the beach.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/6/2014 4:29:30 PM
Stay away from Texas right now -I can't even go out into the yard for long -and I love the heat! Combination of heat, humidity and allergens is making it pretty miserable.
 Rocket-ship
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/10/2014 6:12:03 PM
I live in Canada... And definitely want to travel to other area's in the world.

And learn about myself on the journey.. I do have to get a passport though and more money to travel anywhere decent, and that is interesting and educational...
 Mentisnow
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/13/2014 9:23:45 PM
I have traveled a great part of Western Europe, not all the countries as of yet, definitely working my way to it though.

Last year was my first solo trip overseas. I had a great time walking everywhere in London, I only used the underground twice, one to get to the guest house from the Heathrow Airport. The other to get back to the airport. The four days I spent in London, I ate in little neighborhood restaurants. Got to take pictures of non tourist places, and got to meet nice people.

In Zagreb, again I stayed at a place where they rented rooms (very cheap and clean) there I had to take the tram as the city was a bit far. Still I walked the upper town, and the lower town plus everywhere else in Zagreb.

From there I took the train to Ljubljana, I only stayed there two nights as the town is not that big. There I made some special friends. Women beware as men there at not shy at letting you know they like you. If you so much as stutter they will try to convince you to accept going on a date the same day!

In Budapest I rented an apartment for a week for a whole 165 Euros (210 USD) the food was awesome! And so cheap, I believe that's where I ate the most. The city is beautiful, though you must be willing to walk, and I mean walk. There's plenty of taxis but if you don't get an agreed price they will take your money. I did not have a problem since I had read before I traveled there, I also got info from their official tourism online page. Overall a great experience.

From Budapest I traveled to Vienna by train about 2:20 hours trip. I stayed there two days. From there to Salzburg where I spent another two days. Then on to Munich for three days. I stayed at hostels on my last trips, inexpensive, clean, and easy to book.

Then back home.

Next year I will be taking my mother and a group of ten people from where I live to Dublin, to a great tour of Italy. I'm working on the itinerary according to two cities each person really wants to see.

I did all of that on five grand. So it was not that expensive as I bought souvenirs, and paid cash for my hostels/guest houses, plus food.
 Rocket-ship
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/9/2014 10:39:54 AM
Hello Mentisnow,

I really want to travel, except afraid of going on an airplane.. I am in Canada, and haven't travelled very far.. Hope to get the nerve up,and get my passport, and go somewhere..
 Mentisnow
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/13/2014 8:22:38 PM
Hi Rocket-Ship!

I would encourage you to not think too much about the airplane flight but, instead focus on the adventure you will be having. It is well worth it.

I'd suggest you start with something more comfortable, like a singles travel group. However, if you have a friend that you can really be comfortable being around for an outside your comfort level experience I would suggest doing that instead of the singles group travel.

If I can help you in any way, do not hesitate to contact me. I am already in the process of arranging the trip for my family coming up next year. We have all agreed in the places, and time we are going to travel.

Remember the world is yours to be explored.
 bluedot51
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/3/2014 4:43:59 PM
I travel quite a bit..
 fifitoto
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/27/2017 10:15:38 PM
I lov e to travel call814 520;1804
 TropicalTreat2
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 11:31:32 PM
How do you get around the Work visa issues. I went to Europe years ago but couldn't find work anywhere. Kept asking around. Others seemed to get work in bars , on farms etc. But don't know how they did it. I'm much older now so that type of work was ok then, but not so much now.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/14/2018 12:02:50 PM
I try to work hard for 8 months or so to build up a pension pot which I then spend on travel. Getting work as you travel around is a real pain nowadays, most work is longer term than just a few days and the last thing you want to do is get bogged down somewhere doing a boring job, only just getting by, and not seeing the country you came to.
Just keep moving.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > Where are all of the travelers!?