Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gingerale810
Msg: 74
Health issues for those of us over 55Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think it only fair that one discloses health issues up-front and not wait until in a relationship
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 75
Health issues for those of us over 55
Posted: 11/1/2012 10:40:22 PM

and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old one from a young one. And as in the Dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of Corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal and frequently superior

Yes, Dino, he is refering to a woman's p*ssy when he refers to the metaphorically to what is below a woman's girdle...he just does it more eleoquently than us modern day forumites.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/1/2012 10:55:55 PM
^^^ I think his most direct referrence to sex was

"the Pleasure of Corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal and frequently superior; every Knack being by Practice capable by improvement."

some things get better with practice.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2012 3:45:07 AM
I am not a great nurse for the long haul.
Its not built into me.

I do not want to fall for someone that most certainly is likely to be ill the rest of their life or die sooner than later.

The caregiver often becomes ill.
Most care givers are women.
They
Are more likely to be have symptoms of depression or anxiety
Are more likely to have a long-term medical problem, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes and even arthritis
Have higher levels of stress/anxiety
Get sick often/headaches/backaches
Have a weaker immune response to colds/flu
Have slower wound healing
Have higher levels of obesity
Socialization with other women often non existent
May be at higher risk for mental decline, including problems with memory and paying attention

Being one that watched a close relative I loved dearly die waiting for a transplant..I will say no and he was under 40.

I also rented an apt from a couple and I thought the wife was older than the husband who was only slightly ill and had some dementia.

He mowed the lawn after dark and would forget where he was at times..

I saw her about 3 years later and it looked like she had a facelift, her energy was also amazing. He died the year before.

There should be support groups and places where you can meet others that have health issues that are very serious like yours.
Try a cancer support group even, ect.

If I contracted a life threatening disease I don't think would be looking for a man for a relationship, I would be looking to get well and find my companionship with friends. JMO
 Ready_Real
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/2/2012 1:21:25 PM

I am a male (58) with several health issues in the past 4 years. heart attack and bypass surgery plus a stint, stroke, diabetes, and kidney disease (on the transplant list). I try to be as healthy as possible even though I have had to slow down a little. But I am gonna keep living as long as I can and not do the crazy things I used to do that were so unhealthy (smoking,

Your profile lists "good Cuban cigars" among your interests. How does this support your statement to "try to be as healthy as possible."???

I . . . hope there are some women who have some depth to them and not the shallow ones that have posted on some of the health issues forums here.

Please help us understand how/why a 58 year old male who has suffered a "heart attack and bypass surgerry plus a sting, stroke, diabetes, and kidney disease" who chooses to date women up to 18 years younger but only 7 years older is not infinitely more/less "shallow" than any woman choosing not to date him given the list ofhe life-threatening health issues he is facing?
 barra62
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/2/2012 2:39:05 PM
If you wake in the morning , you must be still alive ... just go off and enjoy the day ....and who knows , it just might happen again tomorrow ...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >